Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: NOUN PLACE! I HATE TO BE THAT PLUMBER.  (Read 10435 times)

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
Re: NOUN PLACE! NO SKELETONS. ONLY BATS.
« Reply #105 on: April 16, 2013, 01:30:49 am »

A+
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 16, 2013, 01:39:06 am »

Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 16, 2013, 09:35:51 am »

I blame final exams... I'll update on the 18th, okay.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #108 on: April 19, 2013, 01:44:46 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

CyberUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Nothing satisfies—Attain liberation with vigilance
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 19, 2013, 04:32:15 pm »

BUT IT'S THE NINETEEEEEEEENTH!
Slog looks overjoyed at this revelation.
Slog is a barrel of endless dopamine.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 19, 2013, 04:34:16 pm »

It is indeed nine tenths of the way done.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 19, 2013, 06:51:21 pm »

I am wrapping up the turn. However the fact that I have to stop every few minutes lest the stupidity overwhelms me isn't helping matters. Still, it'll definitively be out tonight, barring unforseen circumstances.

CyberUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Nothing satisfies—Attain liberation with vigilance
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 19, 2013, 08:56:32 pm »

I am wrapping up the turn. Still, it'll definitively be out tonight, barring unforseen circumstances.
:D
But I have to go to bed...
D:
Slog looks overjoyed at this revelation.
Slog is a barrel of endless dopamine.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
NOUN PLACE! I HATE TO BE THAT PLUMBER
« Reply #113 on: April 19, 2013, 10:09:02 pm »

Mind control the key. Command it to teleport to me.

SILLY PLAYER! CANNOT MIND CONTROL INANIMATE OBJECTS. Are INANIMATE OBJECTS and have NO MINDS to CONTROL.

Use my MOXIE to sniff out the key.

USE AWESOME MOXIE SKILL to SNIFF out KEY. Only MOST MOXIEST PEOPLE can DO THAT, LIKE YOU. MOST MOXIEST SKILLS say key is (? - 3, ? + 2). IS SORRY, but KEY is IN ANOTHER ROOM. LIKE CERTAIN PRINCESS. HA HA.

Also, decrease Memorization again. Make it so I can't even vaguely remember seeing STAR-HEART-HORSESHOE. Use Badassery to kick open any locked doors in the vicinity (because I don't remember where they were, lol.)

ACK. POOR POOR TOASTERS. However DOOR NOT INTIMIDATED by BADASSERY, for is INANIMATE OBJECT. THUS DOES NOT OPEN. DOORS, our MORTAL ENEMIES. WHO KNEW?

Loot the doctors' corpses for their scalpels (Yes, all of them.) and any other loot possible. Use a scalpel to pick the lock on the southern door.

YOU get ELEVEN SCALPELS. Find NO OTHER LOOT. ARE only TOASTER DOCTORS. PAID in PENNIES and fluffy BITS OF LINT. Which ARE ALL in BANK. LIFE of TOASTER DOCTOR is a SAD AND DEPRESSING ONE. Almost MAKES YOU FEEL SAD for THEM. BUT NOT, for YOU are ADVENTURER and PLAYER. So NOT CARE that much.

SILLY PLAYER. SCALPEL NOT BRONZE KEY. THUS BRONZE PADLOCK NOT UNLOCK.

Squat down to the rythm of the universe! Attempt to become one with reality! If that fails, brandish ghost catching device at the other guys while reciting a random lyric from any album made by The Locusts(go look on darklyrics)

YOU BECOME ONE with the UNIVERSE and REALITY. HOWEVER THEY NOT WANT to be ONE WITH YOU. IS SHAME, for WOULD BE REALLY COOL. Therefore will SING random SONG NOW.

ESCAPE the TRAP of TIME.
The CAGE of material.
ENTER BALANCE.
ACCEPTANCE of our cosmic RIGHT and their worldly WRONG.
THEY ARE disease of this LIFE.
Stolen.
When THEY SEE they can't LIVE without her,
THEY will WISH they hadn't @#$% WITH HER.

Order mind doctors to remove the toasters then go through.

Fiddle with the Davis Gauntlet, watch the others blundering about.
If they really can't get their act together and move the toasters, squat them aside.

DOCTORS not STRONG ENOUGH to move TOASTERS. So GRIZZLY ADAMS steps in with his OKAY SQUATS. With HELPS from DOCTORS ADAMS BE AWESOME SQUATER. MANY TOASTERS MOVED. WESTERN DOOR NO longer BLOCKED.

Do a headstand. By turning the world upsidedown the toasters blocking the west door should drop from the roof to the floor.

MONKEYHEAD PERFORMS HEADSTAND. IS BESTEST HANDSTAND EVER. HOWEVER TOASTERS fall and BLOCK DOOR AGAIN. OH NOES. IS MOST SADS. LUCKILY TOASTERS FALL out of WAY when HANDSTAND ENDS. HANDSTAND is ENDING, RIGHT? RIGHT, for NO HANDSTANDING PUZZLES are in THE ROOM. SILLY MONKEYHEAD.

MIND CONTROL SOUTH door to KILL ITSELF. COLLECT SOUTH door SOUL.
Go through SOUTH door after TOAST DOCTORS shift it.

SILLY PLAYER. DOORS CANNOT BE MIND CONTROLLED. ALSO, DOCTORS OPEN WEST DOOR. SOUTH DOOR firmly SHUT and LOCKED by BRONZE PADLOCK. IS WHOLE QUEST AROUND FINDING KEY, APPARENTLY.

Let go through the west door.

YOU HEAD through WEST DOOR into... PINIONIST BATHROOM!

PINIONIST BATHROOM is like BATHROOM FOR BIRDS. Is having MANY PERCHES with TINY TOLIETS ATTACHED. Would BE SILLY if you NOT HAVE PHYSIOLOGICAL TOILET PROBLEMS. MANY BIRDS are perching and POOPING in TOILETS. ALSO CALLING and MAKING BIRD NOISES. IS VERY LOUD. MANY BIRDBATHS are also SCATTERED on the FLOOR. EACH FILLED to BRIM with BIRDS. LONE GOOSE hangs out in NORTHEAST CORNER. HAS SMALL KEY ON COLLAR. OBVIOUSLY IMPORTANT. FINALLY IS DOORS to the NORTH, WEST AND EAST.

Ugh... What a pain to write...

Joe Bridger, Adam "Glitter" Fabulousexplosions, and Xantalos waste their turns doing basically nothing, because I'm feeling rather pissy today and want to advance the game a bit more. Sorry about that. If you're wondering why Monkeyhead isn't included with the rest of them, it's because he's given me an idea for a puzzle...

Bonolime, being the moxiest lime/monkey thing this side of Venus, quickly uses his powers to determine that the key to the padlock is in a room two to the west and one up from the Toaster Hospital. That's... surprisingly close, but then again it is only the first lock...

Jakonas subjects himself to some mental scarring to lower his memorization, but seems to forget that his badassery is actually higher than his memorization skill, so it just remains the same, while his handstands and mental gymnastics increase slightly. Of course doors are completely immune to badassery, especially ones with locks on them. They're also pretty much immune to the rest of their skills, since their only weakness is arbitrary puzzle solving...

Toaster Doctors are very low level enemies, but that doesn't stop IcyTea from following the adventurer's code and nicking everything of value on their bodies. Namely the scalpels they tried to shank him with. It's not much, but it's something. But they're definitively not lockpicks though, as IcyTea finds out quickly.

The toaster doctors, with the help of Grizzly Adams and Davis, shift the toasters out of the way of the western door, allowing Scapheap to enter the next room. Inside is the Pinionist Bathroom. Long story short, it's some kind of crazy washroom for birds. Someone seems to have made thousands of little toilets for the birds to crap in and hung them up along the walls, coincidently covering whatever horrible stains have no doubt formed on the walls over the years. Said person also made some bird baths for the birds to clean themselves in, though luckily he/she/it/quixb seems to have not taken things so literally and has stuck with the plain, old, ornamental bird baths. Speaking of birds, the place is full of them. Birds of all types and colours crowd the toilets and baths, often times flying to another perch so that the air seems almost thick with them. If anybody has bird related allergies, I do not envy you. Out of all the birds in the place, only one stands out, probably because it's the only bird that can stand still for more than ten seconds. Namely, it's a goose with a collar, chilling in the corner of the room. Said collar has a small key on it, which is obviously important. Somehow.

Also the room has doors leading to the West, North and East, where you came from.

Spoiler: MAP (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: PLAYERS (click to show/hide)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: NOUN PLACE! I HATE TO BE THAT PLUMBER.
« Reply #114 on: April 19, 2013, 10:17:03 pm »

Utilize badassery to ninjaflip between birds, snapping their necks with various limbs.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 19, 2013, 10:19:49 pm »

Mind control birds. Make them my swarm!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #116 on: April 20, 2013, 12:41:48 am »

Stay near the hospital-bathroom door for now, for sake of cover.
Badges of honor

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 20, 2013, 01:14:03 am »

Go west and throw a scalpel at the goose. If it dies, grab the key from it.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 20, 2013, 01:32:16 am »

CHECK OUT THE BATHROOM FOR ANY GHOSTS TO CATCH. MAKE ANY PHYSICAL ENEMIES FEEL THE WRATH OF MY PURPLE RUBBERY GHOST CATCHING DEVICE
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 20, 2013, 02:15:55 am »

Continue noble quest of finding something to ride - say for example, a big fucking bird.
This is a blank sig.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9