Advanced search  

Poll

Cant get rid of this

- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 06, 2013, 08:55:48 pm

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 23

Author Topic: ☼Masterwork Succession Fortress: Exultationhexxed - Who needs migrants!☼  (Read 65085 times)

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
Re: Sucession Fortress: No name yet.
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2013, 10:16:47 pm »

Hey can I get a turn?
Absolutely!
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2013, 10:30:16 pm »

IF WE WANT THIS TO BE THE SEQUEL TO BOATMURDERED WE NEED MAGMA SO GET US A VOLCANO.

sorry.

Also, if we ARE going for a Boatmurded sequel, I'll get to modding some elephants.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2013, 11:37:53 pm »

IF WE WANT THIS TO BE THE SEQUEL TO BOATMURDERED WE NEED MAGMA SO GET US A VOLCANO.
The magma ocean will do just fine.
Also, if we ARE going for a Boatmurded sequel, I'll get to modding some elephants.
That'd be fantastic, thank you!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2013, 12:00:30 am »

The magma ocean will do just fine.
Yeah, but that requires effort.

[EDIT]Also, I apologise for quoting the wiki.
Spoiler: Armok Help You All (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 12:42:03 am by InsanityIncarnate »
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2013, 12:30:14 am »

I pitted one Grand Master-everything axedwarf with a full set of adamantine armour and an adamantine battle axe against eight hellephants in the arena. Please note that eight is the smallest sized cluster of these monstrosities you will encounter.

He killed them eventually. I don't think I made these guys hardcore enough.

[EDIT]I take that back. Even a bath in magma doesn't kill them. In one of my arena tests, the hellephant dodged his dwarven foe into magma, before swimming to the ramp out and charging the dwarf again while on fire.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 12:34:50 am by InsanityIncarnate »

gchristopher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2013, 01:11:55 am »

Can we find a map that is 2/3rds Joyous Wilds Jungle and 1/3rd Haunted Swamp? Preferable a Haunted Swamp that is not re-animating, but has undead.

The Joyous Wilds Jungle is absolutely needed as a source of unicorns and elephants. On that note, can we just call this Boatmurdered II?
If The Master can gen a world (with [COMPRESSED_SAVES:NO]) that he likes and has both biomes somewhere in the world, I can move the biomes around and fiddle with the map to create an embark location with the right biome/terrain mix. I got sick of searching for embarks and started editing world.dat instead.

Hahaha, so, creating a TRULY evil weather totally worked. Check it out:

And its horrific results:

Here's the save: really terrible embark

Maybe "thrall to The Master" would be read better than "The Master thrall?" In any case, they end up as typical evil weather thralls, except for also transforming into drama llamas.

So, The Master, if you gen a world that has biomes you like ANYWHERE on the map (and isn't overrun by freaking greater badgermen), I can help put together any embark you want to fine tune. Biome location and type are pretty easy. Nobody knows how to add weather to a biome, but if it already has some evil weather, it's easy to modify.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 01:13:59 am by gchristopher »

Necrisha

• Bay Watcher
  • 0.0 0.o o.0 o.o -.- zzzZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2013, 01:43:35 am »

Hahaha, so, creating a TRULY evil weather totally worked. Check it out:

And its horrific results:

Here's the save: really terrible embark

I want to sig as much of that as I can. Looks like I'm making a sigtext post...
EDIT: Keas restricted to tropical forests where they belong.  Those evil, EVIL, foul little things.

Edit: The baby murderer became a friend of the fortress, which started a loyalty cascade, and now most of the squad is dead.

gchristopher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2013, 02:20:36 am »

...hellephants...
Evil weather could transform things into hellephants?

Hellephantitis would be a pretty cool syndrome name.

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2013, 07:32:35 am »

Whatever you say naked dwarf man!

don't make me turn around!

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2013, 12:04:54 pm »

So, The Master, if you gen a world that has biomes you like ANYWHERE on the map (and isn't overrun by freaking greater badgermen), I can help put together any embark you want to fine tune. Biome location and type are pretty easy. Nobody knows how to add weather to a biome, but if it already has some evil weather, it's easy to modify.
I'll get on that later today, I've got some errands to do. Even The Master of all needs to buy his groceries!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2013, 01:58:39 pm »

If you're going to mod elephants, we only need to mod the region population of elephants to be larger, and fix the grazer levels. Boatmurdered had troubles with normal elephants, not modded elephants.

...hellephants...
Evil weather could transform things into hellephants?

Hellephantitis would be a pretty cool syndrome name.

I believe you are looking for the word "Murderphants".

This game really needs to have holistic spawn in it.

I'd also like to suggest cutting down the seasons which we can get sieged in, so invaders will skip autumn. If possible, we should also up the import and export thresholds for getting those particular nobles to come, as well as up the thresholds for being sieged or ambushed.

For extra !!FUN!! you can try adding some guild nobles back in from 23a, and have the bookkeeper get upgraded to treasurer and so on. I know they won't do the same kind of things but we'll get a bunch of mandates or freaky demands. Its also good to have some official recognition for legendary carpenters and masons and so on.

Please, keep it ASCII.

Given the spread of the voting, we should really consider a split between joyous wilds and haunted swamp.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 02:07:02 pm by CaptainArchmage »
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Jakob

• Bay Watcher
  • !!FABULOUS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2013, 03:43:29 pm »

Can I get on the list?
Build a replica of the Krusty Krab around the creature, then lock prisoners customers inside it so that the sponge can mutilate them take their order.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2013, 04:31:45 pm »

If people want, I can create some elephants that are NOT rampaging monsters of doom, but still fairly dangerous.

Adding more nobles to make demands? I'll get to work on that too. Along with making existing nobles harder to get.
So far I know that we want bookeepers to upgrade to treasurers? Treasurers who make demands, I suppose.
Spoiler: New Nobles (click to show/hide)

Holistic spawn are probably a step too far. We want Boatmurdered, not Syrupleaf/Spearbreakers.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 03:31:46 am by InsanityIncarnate »

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2013, 09:07:06 pm »

Can I get on the list?
Sure!

So guys, I'm going to start the embark, I'll try to find a good compromise between swamp and the wilds. You guys can tinker with the save once I put it up, and then whenever you give the modded save back, i'll message CognitiveDissonance to start his turn.

EDIT:
All hail Savantmerchants!

Off to a great start here folks!

I haven't even unpaused it yet!

Here's the save!
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7542
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 09:47:50 pm by The Master »
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2013, 09:24:21 pm »

If people want, I can create some elephants that are NOT rampaging monsters of doom, but still fairly dangerous.

Adding more nobles to make demands? I'll get to work on that too. Along with making existing nobles harder to get.
So far I know that we want bookeepers to upgrade to treasurers? Treasurers who make demands, I suppose.
Spoiler: New Nobles (click to show/hide)

Holistic spawn are probably a step too far. We want Boatmurdered, not Syrupleaf/Spearbreakers.

If we want, we can re-do the games to our best capabilities. This means Boatmurdered II, followed by Headshoots II, followed by Syrupleaf II, followed by Boatmurdered III. This means we'd factor in the holistic spawn in Syrupleaf II.

Holistic spawn do not need to induce the transformations used in Spearbreakers.

In 40d (from the wiki),
Bookkeeper upgraded to Treasurer at 100,000 wealth, then to Grand Treasurer at 200,000 wealth, and finally to Hoardmaster at 300,000 wealth.

I'm going to suggest these new thresholds for upgrades:

Monarch: Should remains the same, as the "becoming the capital" thing is hardcoded and we might screw over the game otherwise.

Baron: Should require 1,000,000 wealth created.
Count: Should require 2,000,000 wealth created.
Duke: Should require 4,000,000 wealth created.

I think this is reasonable since fortresses produce a lot of wealth quickly. You should have to produce more than 10 good-quality serrated steel disks to qualify for the Baron. Factoring in a working clothes industry and you'll produce a lot of wealth really quickly.

Treasurer: EITHER upgrade when mayor arrives, OR at 500,000 wealth.
Grand Treasurer: at 1,000,000 wealth.
Hoardmaster: at 2,000,000 wealth.

Guild and Military Order Nobles: Mostly as in http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/23a:Noble
House Ber
House Fer
House Råsh
Mason's Guild
Miner's Guild
Craftsdwarves Guild
Carpenter's Guild
Metalsmith's Guild
Jeweler's Guild
Each military order can command a squad.
Order of the Axe
Order of the Crossbow
Order of the Hammer
Order of the Mace
Order of the Spear
Order of the Sword
Add in orders for other weapons, i.e. whips, lashes, pikes.

Restore Royal Guard. Somehow. In DF2010 the Royal Guard was supposed to be lead by the hammerer, but a new noble would be recommended for this task.

Add Dungeon Master and Alchemist back in.

There, is that enough noble-lead chaos for you?

Invasions, Sieges, Megabeast and Semimegabeast strikes: Should require more than 500,000 created wealth to start happening, AND population over 50.

Other must-have changes:
Fix diplomats.
Fix minimum set of nobles for other races.

(The real pity here is the new version of DF isn't out yet. Else we could have some kind of interlude or prologue causing chaos in the world as adventurers.)

Can I get on the list?
Sure!

So guys, I'm going to start the embark, I'll try to find a good compromise between swamp and the wilds. You guys can tinker with the save once I put it up, and then whenever you give the modded save back, i'll message CognitiveDissonance to start his turn.

If we're going to have modded nobles, I think we should fix that first before generating a world.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 09:41:27 pm by CaptainArchmage »
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 23