Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Shield Weight and Attacks  (Read 456 times)

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Shield Weight and Attacks
« on: March 29, 2013, 12:19:52 pm »

Heyo. I was doing some minor modding, adding tower shields and spiked shields. I confirmed that shield weight was controlled by the UPSTEP value, but does anyone here know of a way to make them heavier than [UPSTEP:MAX] provides, short of adding a heavier metal like 'shieldium' or something? The idea with a tower shield is that it should be heavier and inhibit movement, making up for the high block chance. I've confirmed that MATERIAL_SIZE doesn't affect it.

Also, for the spiked shields... the idea was to add [ATTACK:EDGE:30:5000:jab:jabs:NO_SUB:1000] to it, but arena testing indicates that they are still only used for bashing. Is there any way to have a shield be classified as a shield and weapon simultaneously? Thanks.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Shield Weight and Attacks
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 03:26:13 pm »

Isn't there a SIZE tag?

Nope, shields are shields and can't be anything other than shields, nor can weapons be anything other than weapons, nor can any other item be anything other than what they are.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Shield Weight and Attacks
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 05:05:51 pm »

SIZE doesn't have an effect on shields, unfortunately. This was my inspiration for the spiked shields, but it seems that it only worked since minecarts are defined as a tool. I doubt blocking properties could be added to a tool or weapon, so that idea is probably dead.

Know of any alternative ways to increase weight, though?