Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19

Author Topic: The Multiverse All-Stars Tournament! - Tournament 1 Round 12!  (Read 34697 times)

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
Re: The Multiverse All-Stars Tournament! - Tournament 1 Sign ups!
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2013, 10:26:17 am »

Heh, I'd love to stat out RD for this... if only to have a character nearly everyone is guaranteed to rally against. :P
Who?
Her. ^_^
Don't.
NO, DO IT.

Since when does Katniss have -1 Endurance?
Probably since the same time she has -5 Aim and -2 Reflex.

Fail a spot check? :P
Yeah, those are all positive stats. He just put them with a hyphen before as a segway.

FINALLY, I got rid of the backdash and Slide kick for Soma, but I'm not sure which part of Dracula's Curse you think is too OP, Scapheap. I mean, If I summon, say, Death for a turn, I won;t be able to summon anything for the rest of the game pretty much. If I summon a zombie, then I can summon something else in a couple turns.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2013, 10:26:33 am »

No.

Her stats, as written, add up to 10; hence, it stands to reason that her ability modifying Aim and Endurance hasn't been applied. Now, let's do math...
1-2=?
Heck, Katniss's Endurance should definitely be above-average; wimps don't win the Hunger Games.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2013, 10:26:54 am »

Whoops, thought the - was just being used to separate the stats from the names.
Also, Rainbowdash would be cool.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2013, 10:31:09 am »

In for giggles.

Name: Xenomorph

Image:

Bio: Apparently engineered as some kind of fire and forget bio weapon, the Xenomorph is regarded as one of the most dangerous living things in the known universe. Strong, fast, smart and highly adaptable, very few live to tell tales of a close encounter with one of these beasts. Whilst the end form of a Xenomorph depends on the host used for incubation, a typical fully grown specemin stands around 8ft tall (though they tend to operate in a quadrapedal manner, especially when scaling vertical surfaces and moving along walls and ceilings), with a tail of around 6 ft tipped with a sharp barb, typically used to finish off prey. Clawed hands and feet with opposable digits are a primary weapon for slashing and gouging and are strong enough to damage solid steel structures - they have never been seen to use these hands to operate any kind of advanced device, though they do display a capacity to learn by copying what they observe (for example, activiating lifts or levers). Powerful external mandible jaws with an inner toothed tounge are often used as a secondary close quarters weapon, as well as in eating. The body of a Xenomorph is composed of a hard and thick chitin like substance similar in many ways to an organic teflon which is vulnerable to traditional small arms to a certain degree, but highly resistant to extremes of environment (several specemins survived for extended exposure to the hard vacuum of space in tests), though some form of oxygen is required to fuel thier respiration - when in air a familiar "rasp" of thier breathing can clearly be heared. Xenomorph bodes reach thermal equilibrium with thier surroundings, rendering thermal imaging useless in thier detection. Thier senses remain a mystery - despite lacking eyes they respond to stimuli provided by light, motion, sound, temperature and scent in a higly sensetive manner. They appear capable of communication (though the exact mechanism here remains a mystery), and when present in large numbers operate to a rigid social caste similar to that of ants or wasps.

Ranged attacks: Xenomorphs have been known to spit strong acid in excess of 20m, though with little in the way of precision.

Abilities:

1) Acid for Blood (passive): When wounded, splatters of acid blood present a clear and dnagerous threat to those nearby (free attack roll to nearby opponent when wounded)

2) Acid Spit (active): Powerful but innacurate ranged attack with area of effect. Damages opponents and thier gear (?)

Stats:
STR: 3
END: 2
SPD: 2
RFX: 2
AIM: 1

« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 03:23:02 pm by MonkeyHead »
This is a blank sig.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2013, 10:37:25 am »

Whoops, thought the - was just being used to separate the stats from the names.
It was, but Katniss was given a n ability which raised her Aim by 5 to 10 (!) in exchange for dropping Endurance by 2 to -1.

Also, when did xenomorphs SPIT acid?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2013, 10:38:00 am »

No.

Her stats, as written, add up to 10; hence, it stands to reason that her ability modifying Aim and Endurance hasn't been applied. Now, let's do math...
1-2=?
Heck, Katniss's Endurance should definitely be above-average; wimps don't win the Hunger Games.
Ah, you are right. Glossed over the ability block. (really should put down statblocks already accounting for always-active abilities)

Maybe change it to reduce Reflex instead of Endurance?

edit: Thought: Is it just me or is the chargen system kinda... well, broken? For instance, you need a 6 in Reflex to be able to counter. With 5 stats, that means you'll be able to (or have a chance to) counter, but you'll have 1's in all other stats. Or are these points bonuses to a base value?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 10:45:44 am by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2013, 10:48:38 am »

Katniss isn't exactly slow either...

What's broken?
Sig

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2013, 10:58:34 am »

5 stats. 10 points. Average value is 2 per stat. Increase any one stat even a little, and another will plummet to nothing.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2013, 11:00:42 am »

Ah. Aye.
Sig

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2013, 11:57:26 am »

Thought: Is it just me or is the chargen system kinda... well, broken? For instance, you need a 6 in Reflex to be able to counter. With 5 stats, that means you'll be able to (or have a chance to) counter, but you'll have 1's in all other stats. Or are these points bonuses to a base value?

They are all bonuses. So having a 0 in RFX, you'll have 1/6 chance to counter since you'll need to roll a six. At 6 or more points in reflex, you'll counter all the time.

Kinda assuming that a 1D6 will be used unless stated otherwise lol.

Edit:
@Monkey, the Natural Ninja ability will be kinda useless. The arena will be really basic so climbing stuff will be kinda useless. I guess you could make it where you can use long range attacks with people in the same square if you are on the ceiling....
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 12:02:29 pm by superBlast »
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2013, 01:17:59 pm »

@dermonster, Absorption (Passive): If Alex defeats an organic enemy, he will consume him and gain one of the enemy abilities. It is replaced by one of the next organic enemy's powers. E.G. it a changing power based on the last foe killed. Sound good?

That sounds good.

Also damn I forgot to hit notify and the thread exploded.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2013, 01:40:38 pm »

...Doesn't posting autonotify? Or am I thinking of something else?
Sig

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2013, 01:41:57 pm »

That just lists the thread in the 'new replies to your posts' page.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2013, 01:46:38 pm »

@dermonster, Absorption (Passive): If Alex defeats an organic enemy, he will consume him and gain one of the enemy abilities. It is replaced by one of the next organic enemy's powers. E.G. it a changing power based on the last foe killed. Sound good?

That sounds good.

Also damn I forgot to hit notify and the thread exploded.
Now that I think about it, Mercer can run at 60mph in armored mode, but has horrible reflexes(One cutsence if I remember right, he get hit by gunfire and take 5 seconds to spot them while being hit).
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2013, 01:48:29 pm »

Oh yeah.

Noted.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19