Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19

Author Topic: The Multiverse All-Stars Tournament! - Tournament 1 Round 12!  (Read 34698 times)

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
Re: The Multiverse All-Stars Tournament! - Tournament 1 Sign ups!
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2013, 04:35:46 am »

Alright. I'll add everyone to the player list and put up the starting turn when I have more time. In the mean while, a few of you can't count, or misunderstood what I meant by a 10 point limit. Say you put 10 points into speed. All your other stats will have to be 0. Please fix that people that have more then a totol of 10 points in their stats.

Also I'm not gonna be discussing whether a person's ability(ies) is too powerful. You guys are. You guys are gonna be the one fighting them not me! Though if things get out of hand I'll be the one to make the final decision.

And Green, I'm not entirely sure if I should allow more then 2 abilities or not. I said 1 or 2 abilities.... I wanna say tone it down to only two abilities... but if everyone else says it's fine then I guess I'll allow it.

Anyways, see ya guys when I have some free time!

Edit:
Er... nevermind! I was gonna go work for my step dad but he left without me sooo.... I'm not working today like I planned.  ::)

So that means I have a ton of free time now!

Though I'll add up the turn as soon as everyone that needs to fixes their stats and everyone agrees on each others abilities. Silence means the abilities are fine as they are to you.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 04:51:41 am by superBlast »
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2013, 04:51:27 am »

Character's Name: Caim
Where they are from: Drakengard
Picture:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Bio:
Can they use long range attacks?: No
Abilities: Call Angelus(active):Caim call and ride Angelus for 3 turns. He gain for the 3 turns he gains +10 to Spd. He also gains long range fireballs. cooldown is 10 turns
Stats: (Read the spoiler above)
STR -3
END -3
AIM -3
RFX -1
SPD -0
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 05:29:24 am by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2013, 05:42:13 am »

@Greenstarfanatic, Dracula's Curse seem overpowered

@dermonster, Absorption (Passive): If Alex defeats an organic enemy, he will consume him and gain one of the enemy abilities. It is replaced by one of the next organic enemy's powers. E.G. it a changing power based on the last foe killed. Sound good?
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2013, 06:04:44 am »

Yeah I looked at it too.... and the summon beasts kind of thing is... well there is a whole lot of them. Can just Pick 2 or 3?

Also the ability itself has no sort of cons to it... You need some sort of con to it. Perhaps being weak against holy/divine weapons or damage? Also the summon beats ability feels like it should be separate from it.

And lastly, looking it over, the high jump and double jump only has use in the diving kick attack. You might as well just merge them together. Also not sure how to put make the "when the enemy is looking up" work... can you change it to an enemy that is not targeting you?
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2013, 06:19:46 am »

@scapheap, call of angelus seems a bit op to me.. +10 to speed for 3 turns AND long range fireballs...
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2013, 06:26:29 am »

@scapheap, call of angelus seems a bit op to me.. +10 to speed for 3 turns AND long range fireballs...
It a flying dragon limit break more or less so ideas on balancing? It made to be a fast shooting mode for a slow melee character.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2013, 06:32:49 am »

I dunno.. maybe give it an expiration penalty or make the boost less extreme?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2013, 06:34:11 am »

I dunno.. maybe give it an expiration penalty or make the boost less extreme?
How about 2 turns?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2013, 07:48:17 am »

Heh, I'd love to stat out RD for this... if only to have a character nearly everyone is guaranteed to rally against. :P
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2013, 08:51:01 am »

I move that people get a random character someone else made, to improve game balance.

If that fails, I move that scapheap and dermonster switch characters.

Spoiler: Vaarsuvius (click to show/hide)

I'm a bit worried about how hard to balance V's abilities seem...I can see a penalty to his/her HP being needed, or perhaps him/her being too strong. I'm just glad I didn't go with Xykon...
Also:

Heh, I'd love to stat out RD for this... if only to have a character nearly everyone is guaranteed to rally against. :P
Who?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2013, 09:44:18 am »

Who?
Her. ^_^

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2013, 09:56:28 am »

Who?
Her. ^_^
Don't.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2013, 10:09:14 am »

Character's Name: Katniss Everdeen
Where they are from: The Hunger Games
Picture:
Bio: WARNING: FUCKING HUGE!
Can they use long range attacks?: She uses a bow and arrow
Abilities:
Hunger shooting(passive): Has +5 AIM, conversly she has -2 END
Right in the Eyes(active): Katniss shoots out a perfectly aimed shot at an opponent, this is really easy to see. This ranged attack doubles her STR and AIM. It also doubles her opponents SPD.
Stats: (Read the spoiler above)
STR  1
END  1
AIM  5
RFX  2
SPD  1
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 10:25:37 am by mcclay »
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2013, 10:21:30 am »

Since when does Katniss have -1 Endurance?
Sig

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2013, 10:22:59 am »

Since when does Katniss have -1 Endurance?
Probably since the same time she has -5 Aim and -2 Reflex.

Fail a spot check? :P

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19