Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19

Author Topic: The Multiverse All-Stars Tournament! - Tournament 1 Round 12!  (Read 34625 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

I'd again like to bring up the option of randomizing characters. If one is sufficiently OP, it won't matter if the entire arena turns against them (and likely they won't).
That defeats the purpose of the whole thing.
Which is?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd again like to bring up the option of randomizing characters. If one is sufficiently OP, it won't matter if the entire arena turns against them (and likely they won't).
Which is?

To be able to control a character of one's choosing that they personally hold close. Being the character outweighs the importance of winning.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Which is?
To be able to control a character of one's choosing that they personally hold close. Being the character outweighs the importance of winning.
I thought the purpose was to pit a bunch of pre-existing characters against each other. I'd be willing to give up V in exchange for another character if I thought it would enhance gameplay.
And I do.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

POWAH FIST KIOSHI
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile

I think everyone agrees it would help balance, the problem is that not being able to pick your own character removes a lot of the fun
The best thing about this game is the ability to be able to murder people as a magikarp if you were so inclined.

Randomization could even give rise to purposely underpowered characters being made to increase the chances of the creators victory.

It would probably be unlikely to happen, but the possibility is there.

snipe the mythbusters while i still have an arm
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 10:02:54 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile

So that's what he meant by the randomization thing.... to be honest I confused by what GWG meant.

But yeah I agree with how that would throw a lot of the fun out the window. You know how i was asking if it'd be fine if I joined my own game? I wanted to play too not because i wanted to win but because I could play as Illyasviel von Einzbern (or Illiya for short) who's my favorite loli (when she's not homicidal lol)! When she is homicidal... well Berserker is freaking awesome. I really don't care if I win or not, just playing as her would be awesome.

Unfortunately for me.... I made a game that i wanna play but can't because I'm also the god of the game too (even though I'd be fair... I promise!) . Anyways my point is that the fun is playing as a character you love and losing then playing as some one you know little to nothing about and winning.

So yeah I'd have to say no about people getting random characters. Well... unless all 8 people in a tournament wanted that to happen.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile

But yeah I agree with how that would throw a lot of the fun out the window. You know how i was asking if it'd be fine if I joined my own game? I wanted to play too not because i wanted to win but because I could play as Illyasviel von Einzbern (or Illiya for short) who's my favorite loli (when she's not homicidal lol)! When she is homicidal... well Berserker is freaking awesome. I really don't care if I win or not, just playing as her would be awesome.

Unfortunately for me.... I made a game that i wanna play but can't because I'm also the god of the game too (even though I'd be fair... I promise!) . Anyways my point is that the fun is playing as a character you love and losing then playing as some one you know little to nothing about and winning.

For what it's worth, I'd be fine with you joining.  :-\

I do agree that alot of the fun is being able to play as your favorite character, and going up against other people's favorite characters. Heck, a plot-based multiverse RtD would be great too. I can't say I'd be very cool with the randomized aspect.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, maybe this is just me, but I'd like randomization in part because you'd get out of your comfort zone, and maybe get encouraged to watch/read something you wouldn't otherwise to get a feel for the character.
Sig

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile

Well, maybe this is just me, but I'd like randomization in part because you'd get out of your comfort zone, and maybe get encouraged to watch/read something you wouldn't otherwise to get a feel for the character.
((I was against randomization, but that logic makes it seem pretty neat.))

Her previous attack bouncing off, Koishi decides to use something sharper. Sharper, and much more Freudian.
Tentacle-drill Jamie.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Mission accomplished, then. I was trying to get you to see how neat I see it as.))
Sig

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile

And someone now going to make Bella Swan or Rose Potter because they like the pain of others.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile

((Mission accomplished, then. I was trying to get you to see how neat I see it as.))
The only problem is, in my case, is, for example, I have no idea who or what Stefmor's, TCM's, or your character are like. I don't know their personalities, how they work, etc, etc. Now, the character I made, John, Is quite familiar to me. I know how he plays out, I know his backstory, I know his personality. I can play well as him. Randomization can leave you in a situation where you can't RP effectively as the character.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And someone now going to make Bella Swan or Rose Potter because they like the pain of others.
Well, we should have some kind of rule about the GM screening characters beforehand anyhow. Or maybe the GM can decide to arbitrarily give any player a character he made, which would be used in times like this. Or in times like the underpowered-character thing.
Sig

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile

Turn 12... I think

POWAH FIST KIOSHI
I think everyone agrees it would help balance, the problem is that not being able to pick your own character removes a lot of the fun
The best thing about this game is the ability to be able to murder people as a magikarp if you were so inclined.

Randomization could even give rise to purposely underpowered characters being made to increase the chances of the creators victory.

It would probably be unlikely to happen, but the possibility is there.

snipe the mythbusters while i still have an arm
((I was against randomization, but that logic makes it seem pretty neat.))

Her previous attack bouncing off, Koishi decides to use something sharper. Sharper, and much more Freudian.
Tentacle-drill Jamie.

Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)

"Uh.... they killed each other.... um.... guess I'll make some more... naw I'll just resurrect them. Don't feel like making up more personalities."
"Huh?"
"Woah...."
"Kyaaa~"
"......"
"Right so... I brought you all back to life. Jerry stop killing everyone because they are annoying. Just do your job from now on ok?"
"Yes, boss!"
"Hey! Almost everyone is dead! I missed all the sexy gory action!"
"Why.... why couldn't I just stay dead....."
"Why.... why do I have to be surrounded by stupid people?  What a pain in the ass....."
"So Vash keeps shooting up the Mythbusters(1/2) and clips Jamie in the side! It do much but he's really bleeding alot! Koishi-"
"OMG! KOISHI IS EVEN CUTER THEN LAST TIME I SEEN HER! I MUST TAKE HER HOME WITH ME!"
"Ahem, Koishi follows up Vash's attack by trying to spear Jamie! Jamie almost dodges out of the way but Koishi still manages to get him in the wounded shoulder! She put enough force into it to sever his arm! But still Jamie looks like he can still fight! Looks like the Mythbusters will be taken down pretty quickly!"
"Go go Koishi! Watching you maim is really turning-"
"Stop right there Sarah! You don't want the kids to hear that do you?"
"My life is so pointless....."
"Argh! Will you all shut up! Jerry is bad enough but you two are worse!"
"Uh.... maybe I shouldn' have revived all of them....."

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: The Multiverse All-Stars Tournament! - Tournament 1 Round 12!
« Reply #269 on: April 21, 2013, 09:07:02 pm »

ANGEL ARM! well see how jamie likes being hit with a special move.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19