Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Feudal Wars: And So It Begins, A Tale Of Samurai  (Read 3346 times)

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Feudal Wars: And So It Begins, A Tale Of Samurai
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2013, 10:22:58 pm »

Because I took it already.
Only one per castle.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2013, 10:32:01 pm »

Aright, I'll change mine. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2013, 01:29:13 am »

Name: Kokuro Reina (family name first, given name last... since that's how it's in Japan and this is obviously in some fantasy version of Japan lol)
Build: Light

Bio: A orphan thief who grew up roaming the land stealing what she needed and a few times working an odd job. After the shogun died and tensions between the Castle Lords rising, she decided she could possibly become a ronin instead of a thief. Mainly because the home of her only friends is in a village on the edge of Funsaikido's territory. She wanted to make sure no harm comes to them because another lord decided to invade the village. Though the paycheck and putting her thieving skills to use for something honest for once also attracted her to becoming a ronin.

Life as a ronin has been tough for many reasons. Taking orders for one, is not some she's used to. She has gotten better at listening, but still disobeys when she doesn't agree. Another reason is because she's a woman. Most people wouldn't take her seriously at first, and because of that it was tough to even become a ronin. Though when she finally convinced them to give her a chance, she performed brilliantly. Lastly, she seems convinced there is a "I" in "team". As such whenever she is assigned with a group she often does things on her own instead of working together. But overall, she's enjoying her new ronin life, and she now visits her friends more often now then before.

Personality: Upbeat, very friendly, and kind to her friends and allies. Cold but not uncaring towards her enemies, preferring to give them quick deaths whenever possible. Almost seems like like there are two people inside her. She doesn't like taking orders since she used to being on her own. She also tends to do things on her own, which she tends to do better at then being with a group.

Tactics: Fast with planned ambushes and hit and run tatics
Nation: Red (Black if it becomes available)
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2013, 02:48:42 am »

Name: Hyeon Kwan

Build: Medium

Bio: Hyeon was born outside the borders of Mugepasu, brought to Mitsurii lands in his teenage years by his parents, a successful merchant and his wife fleeing a war on the mainland. Trained since late childhood to become a proficient swordsman, Hyeon has known all his life that to become a samurai or something of that nature is to be his fate - however, the problem with actually becoming a samurai was twofold - he is neither a noble nor an original inhabitant of Mugepasu, and this all but destroyed his chances of becoming an honored warrior for a lord. However, not one to waste his life simply because of a minor obstacle, he persisted, and succeeded in becoming a ronin, which, while hardly ideal, he judged good enough.

The first five years of this were quite easy. However, Hyeon started to develop a certain distaste for blood and killing. This distaste grew into a hatred, which then became a steadfast refusal to kill anyone at all. It just seems so... wrong to him. In time, even the codes of honor he believed in for most of his life became second to his personal moral standards, which hurt his efficiency on the battlefield somewhat. However, out of respect for the ronin, his lord chose to keep him around, if relegated to a slightly lesser station in the assurance of Mitsurii battle superiority than before. This suited Hyeon just fine - he does not relish the thought of charging into battle. In fact, it would suit him just fine if bloodshed were to be avoided altogether.

Personality: a philosophical individual, tends to get lost in thought when not in the midst of battle. Completely and absolutely refuses to kill anyone or even maim them, and has even blunted his sword to further this goal. He does not ever question orders, but is prone to subverting them if he finds them distasteful. Feels a deep sympathy for both his allies and enemies, and can sometimes be seen weeping at the sight of mass slaughter. Can be quite verbose when waxing philosophical, otherwise laconic. Never raises his voice.

Tactics: with his blunt sword, Hyeon's main tactic is disarming his opponent and destroying their weapon in a dramatic gesture, often by breaking it in several pieces and tossing it into a ditch. Always tries to capture his enemies rather than maim them. Uses his sword primarily for defense, relying on his armored gauntlets to take other people's weapons. If for some reason that does not work, relies on various holds learned through practice and research to try and subdue his opponent. When that fails, he also has a backup club.

Nation: the Castle Green, Mitsurii
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 03:34:10 am by Harry Baldman »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2013, 03:02:12 am »

And darn, well when a spot open, I'm on it like fish.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2013, 05:46:53 am »

On the spirit; it's a value that has no bearing on battle, just the end result. In a way, it's like extra lives, but... more significant. Don't lose three matches.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2013, 07:14:03 am »

Hey, if you've got an idea, you can take mine.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2013, 07:57:38 am »

Hey, if you've got an idea, you can take mine.
Well...I do have an idea if female characters are allow, but I can wait.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2013, 08:58:16 am »

Well...I do have an idea if female characters are allow, but I can wait.
[/quote]

My character is female but Tsuchi hasn't said anything about it so I'm assuming they are.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2013, 05:33:45 pm »

They are. The Lord of Castle Green is female.

---
Turn One: Borders Are Redrawn And Redrawn Again
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Primary Actions Are Go.
Bla |4
W  |2
R   |6
Blu |1
G   |4
Y   |3

The patrols of Hajime, Hirao, and Mimakura turned up nothing.
The patrol of Reina returned a resource! Reina found a rare Ronoyuukei flower. This will please the nobles, as it's tea is regarded very highly. (hidden effect)

Shinnyuusha and Hyeon come across one another during their patrols! There's no option but to fight!
---
(B2v4G)
Hyeon sees the black shadow of a Moumoyoufu samurai, and having no choice, attempts to disable him. If he could maybe just disarm him, then Hyeon wouldn't have to kill him directly...

Hyeon attempts to grab the shadowy figure, but the silk robe slips through his fingers as the form turns! Hyeon draws his sword fast enough to block and twist the opponent's sword, but he jumps back and keeps hold of his weapon.

Shinnyuusha quickly retaliates, feinting with his sword then striking at Hyeon with his free arm! Hyeon feels Shinnyuusha's strike, and the pain radiate outward... That was no normal strike!

Backing away, Hyeon tries to draw his opponent into attacking once more, ignoring the growing fire in his gut. What had the shadow done? Staring into it's mask, it divulged no answers...

Shinnyuusha jumped forward, his mask the centerpoint of the black swirling silk. He drove his blade forward, but it was parried by the crafty Hyeon who then brought his wakizashi to bear...

Shinnyuusha felt a hard knock against his mask- nothing like a blade, but force of a hammer. Dazed from the impact, it barely registered that he'd come face to face with the pommel of his enemies blade. Hyeon acted before Shinnyuusha had a chance to regain focus, and before he knew it he was bound on the ground, his own sword stabbed into the earth in front of him. Seeing Hyeon reappear, he expected death, but only witnessed his black sword shattering from a well placed strike from Hyeon. With that, the Green Castle warrior walked away, leaving Shinnyuusha shamed and defeated.

Hyeon spirit +1
Shinnyuusha spirit -1.

Hyeon returned to his castle, to speak with his Lord.

"Lord Yukiseino!"
"What is it, Samurai?"
"I've successfully fought off a member of Moumoyoufu's army."
"So they've begun their land-grabbing already... Good job. Have you looked at your sword?"
"Lady, what do you mean?"
"Unsheathe your weapon. Trust me."
Hyeon looked upon his blade. It did indeed look different... three sharp hooks had formed at the base of his blade, facing towards him. He already had ideas of how to use such a weapon... Many techniques opened in his mind.
"See? I chose you for a reason. You had the spirit to forge your own weapon, the spirit to be a true warrior. Continue to fight, Hyeon, even if it means you must kill. You are too valuable to die in such a silly way."
"Yes, my lady."

---

Meanwhile, Shinnyuusha stood in a forge, awaiting a new blade. The shame he felt was unbearable, but he had not been ordered to commit seppuku, rather, he was given a second chance. His Lord, Nobushin, said he still had potential... but he'd better start using it.

Turn 1 is done. You are now allowed three actions each in your court. This helps you to advance up the ladder, get small bonuses for the next round, and similar actions. Use your imagination, and perform actions that place you as a noble-blooded samurai. Court is similar for everyone, basically, make the nobles happy, talk with other samurai and villagers, talk with your Lord, anything is for grabs.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2013, 05:50:31 pm »

3 actions per turn?  Cool.

Ganji shall start with other vassals and warriors of the Yellow castle, to test both himself and the other warriors.  Next, he shall  go back on patrol, search and destroy, to find any enemies, and crush them beneath his blade.  If he survives, he shall go back, and train some more.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2013, 06:09:38 pm »

Shinnyuusha will train for battle against other Samurai as much as possible.
Shinnyuusha will obtain a set of throwing knives and 2 fist blades.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2013, 06:18:17 pm »

"Alright! I'll give this flower I found to Mr. Funsaikido! Er.. Lord Funsaikido!" Reina says out loud nearby the samurai living quarters, which would earn her a few weird looks if people around here hadn't gotten used to her personality by now. Though that wouldn't bother her much anyways. "Gotta remember formalities... I don't want that incident to happen again..." Yes... she's quite an oddball. It's hard to believe that the way she acts when fighting is almost the polar opposite of how she usually is.

After giving the rare flower she found to her lord, Reina intends to get some practice in by having a few mock fights with the other samurai. After her hard day of training, she'll patrol the castle's village... or so she says as an excuse to find some tasty snacks for when she next goes out on patrol of the borders.

Give the flower I found to my lord as a gift.
Train with some of the other samurai.
Go out to the castle village to buy some tasty snacks for her next patrol.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 07:19:58 pm by superBlast »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2013, 06:33:16 pm »

Wander amongst the townfolk. Get some udon.
Cultivate a tiny personal garden of useful herbs and poisons.
Train observation skills by looking at people and making silent deductions based on appearance and demeanor. A samurai must be ever wary.

I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2013, 10:49:52 pm »

Oh look, scapheap didn't make a character. Now I need to find a way to distinguish Hirao from the other two honor-impaired samurai. I think I have a few vague ideas...

Firstly, spend time amongst the common citizens as a way of continuing the Hagiwara legacy, as well as distinguishing my character from the others (?). Help them by mediating disputes and by revealing corrupt authorities and such.
Locate various scoundrels and drive them out of whatever dark hiding-holes they have into the light where they will be dispatched.
And, of course, spend plenty of time more generally looking for trouble and heroics.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 [2] 3