Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dr. KidnappedLoved or: How I Learned to Love the Night  (Read 433 times)

TastyMints

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:love of murder]
    • View Profile
Dr. KidnappedLoved or: How I Learned to Love the Night
« on: March 26, 2013, 10:03:30 pm »

Topic Objective:

Analysis and expansion of the idea of Night Creatures as a whole and how they would function in the post-worldgen environment, with particular interest in the possibilities of entity groups both inside and outside of civilizations.

Topic Assumptions:

1) That you care what I think. (Not something I'm willing to assume.)

2) That Night Creatures primarily operate in the dark.

3) That some Night Creatures might have some self-preservation instinct and might use non-violent but still "evil" (or at least not very nice) methods of achieving this.

4) That the list of Night Creatures as found here is still current or at least can reliably be used to predict choices which may confront Toady during the course of the development cycle whenever he and his brother decide to continue working on Night Creatures.

5) That the development page as it exists today retains a somewhat accurate portrayal of the expansion of Night Creatures.

6) That the player is not only interested in hunting night creatures with robust histories, but also interested in being one in a meaningful way from a game-play perspective.

Topic Procedure:

While I would not be so presumptuous as to request that other posters force themselves to adhere to a structure of my own creation, I must structure my own posts in such a way as they are easy to refer to. This means that a person must be able to both skim and search my posts quickly and easily for information they desire. For this reason I will be directly addressing Night Creature groups using the list found in Topic Assumption 4.

As far as Evil Beasts are concerned, I am at a loss. The only in-game equivalent I can think of are Foul Blendecs but they're simply a different kind of creature as of now.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 10:08:11 pm by TastyMints »