Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 275 276 [277]

Author Topic: Re: Only two posts on 'Tropes vs Women in Video Games'  (Read 302567 times)

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
Re: Only two posts on 'Tropes vs Women in Video Games'
« Reply #4140 on: October 12, 2014, 04:43:16 am »

In Witcher 2, I think the only "romance" option that mattered to me was the one with Triss, because she and Geralt actually have chemistry (ANd Triss is a great character, imho). All the subsequent ones felt like marking down a Checklist (Just like Witcher 1, I mean, that game gave you goddamn trading cards for nailing every woman you meet).

Well yes, in a scripted games, you can only do so much. Either you try to pursue a relation with Trix, or you don't.

In the Witccher 1 it was between Trix and Shani.

So... what if the person reading the review is female and wants to know if the game will appeal to them?  Not everyone is you.

First I think he's a bit lost for words, as it often happen in those long argument, where you end up losing your initial point.

Let's ignore the rampant "harassement as an expression form" problem of the internet for a moment and here's what gamergate is all about : https://twitter.com/Emeldavi_dota
Feminism and social justice used to defend nepotism and clique mentality.
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #4141 on: October 12, 2014, 04:52:52 am »

A twitter with a little over 500 followers, which mostly seems to be talking about personal stuff and DOTA?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4142 on: October 12, 2014, 04:53:12 am »

Right now we are ONLY escaping [this thread being locked] because we are sort of skirting around GG... and frankly lets keep it that way.
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #4143 on: October 12, 2014, 04:59:09 am »

A twitter with a little over 500 followers, which mostly seems to be talking about personal stuff and DOTA?

And who realise that the whole stuff is about personal favors, yeah.
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #4144 on: October 12, 2014, 05:06:58 am »

Ok... that makes more sense.  Now apparently we should stop talking about this?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4145 on: October 12, 2014, 06:18:54 am »

Out of all the games I WISH sold poorly that is one of them.
The problem is that it's a good game.

Mattk50

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4146 on: October 12, 2014, 12:27:19 pm »

https://twitter.com/Spacekatgal/status/520739878993420290
Oh look, more lovely death threats. This is what GG is.

I was lead to believe this isn't the thread for GG. If it was, i would point out and give you examples of the fact that this exists on not only both sides of GG(pro/anti), but everywhere on the internet. It's just the laws of probability when you have so many people involved. Also, if we agreed this was a valid method to discredit something like GG, it would be far too easy to just make a twitter account and pretend to send death threats to yourself.
Pages: 1 ... 275 276 [277]