Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108

Author Topic: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Game Over  (Read 199773 times)

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Game Over
« Reply #1590 on: June 06, 2013, 12:24:33 pm »

Hey Meph, was this pattern intentional or a coincidence:

Derala
Derala
 Avos
  Andoras
   Scum
    Telmorin
     Elder Priest
    Telmorin
   Scum
  Scum
 Avos
Nirian
Nirian
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: June 06, 2013, 12:26:38 pm »

That's not a pattern. But on the whole it looks intentional.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: June 06, 2013, 01:31:47 pm »

Actually random.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: June 06, 2013, 08:55:13 pm »

Actually random.
That is INSANE.

What's even better is that two of the scum, in their infinite wisdom, both claimed Avos.

Oh god I defended scum again.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: June 06, 2013, 11:09:27 pm »

Wow, that was really hard to read.  I hope Wubba comes back.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: June 07, 2013, 12:38:57 am »

That too, Vector. While I really felt sourly bad at that point, I really believe it's an IRL toll he's taking :S

Still, hope he's ok given that..well, the weight on him was great enough for those certain acts to be committed. Misinformation through...alternative, unconventional means.

Oh god I defended scum again.
Y u no defend me :I

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: June 07, 2013, 02:31:28 am »

Actually random.
I so don't believe you.

Wow, that was really hard to read.  I hope Wubba comes back.
I hope for the opposite. We don't need this tantrum-throwing quitter.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: June 07, 2013, 02:33:55 am »

He is my friend.  Stop shitting on my friend.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: June 07, 2013, 02:40:29 am »

I'm shitting on one fuckface who deserves it. He shat on an entire gameful of people for no reason other than being bored.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: June 07, 2013, 02:42:29 am »

And so have you, again and again.  And so have a lot of people.

I'm getting really sick of this.  The atmosphere around here is pretty toxic.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: June 07, 2013, 02:46:31 am »

You can do it in a lighter and better tone. Seeing his attitude lately, I believe it's a heavy case of RL stress and not because he intentionally wanted to do such.

So...
^

Let it rest. Or take it to PMs.

I realize I didn't prod Ford's unbalanced part. People were relying too much on powers, is the only observation I see there.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 03:16:48 am by Tiruin »

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: June 07, 2013, 06:55:18 am »

I'm getting really sick of this.  The atmosphere around here is pretty toxic.

This. 100 times this.

If you're honestly not enjoying the game anymore, ask for a replacement. You signed up to play, but if you're miserable and can't bring yourself to play or have a good time, at the least don't make the environment more hostile and less fun for those who are. Once someone does it, it radiates out, and affects other people. Soon they'll be joining you in tearing the whole thing down for everyone else. This game, and the growing attitude of general nastiness, is a great example of that.

Dariush, your attitude and the personal insults you throw everywhere without any regard for them make it hard to be around you and not call you out; you need to keep that in check. Nerjin and Captain Ford... I understand exasperation, but that's no excuse to insult people, or decide to throw the game for your team. Webadict, the same goes for you; also, never call someone a Slut on this board again, unless you mean everything the word implies, and are prepared to face the consequences. That said, I admire your dedication to ranting as an art form (see: several hundred rant-posts in Scum Chat), even if it was hugely disrespectful to Meph, as he was still putting a lot of time and effort into running this game. Hold the critiques until after the game, and keep it constructive.

On that note, I've seen Web on League of Legends on and off. He's around, just taking time away from the board. I believe he'll be back, and I hope so; I would miss our curmudgeonly Mafia King.

Meph, I did enjoy this game, and liked the concept of finer-grain control over lynch mechanics. With the Bastard-style execution, though, it was pretty cryptic; for a long time, it was hard to identify whether the game was a puzzle to do with gods and candles, or a traditional game with a twist. Free resurrections made the game really drag on too. With 3x the votes needing to go through to "lynch" someone as normal, more Permadeath would have been nice to see, either as powers, or perhaps controlled by the day vote (landslide votes are permasnuffed, while lesser ones are only snuffed, etc). I think it'd have been better to start the scumteam with the ability to vote and snuff 2 candles as a collective, and give one the power to light or destroy a 3rd every night, in addition to one shot kills or other powers they could gain. That would always give them a leg up on the Town, keep the pressure on, and keep the game moving. Also, continuing to power up the Scum Team over time, instead of imposing a hard time limit, would have been a nice alternative to Rocks Fall Everybody Dies, I think. Also, it might have been interesting to make the Teal candles the victory candles for everyone. They're mechanically the least important (the ability to vote comes first, and role powers come second), so creating a choice between gameplay power and victory might have been nice.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 06:57:02 am by Solifuge »

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: June 07, 2013, 10:50:57 am »

Yeah, it was an interesting experience, and it might be fun to recalibrate the game as a more open strategy style game. That said, I'd need a better way of tracking votes before I'd consider dealing with all those candles again. Keeping everything straight was a giant chore.

To be honest, I might have gone more for the powered-up scum team route if Web hadn't been so...blah about everything. I really didn't want to just hand them a victory on a silver platter with all the vitriol he was spewing about the game and the balance.

The only reason I went for the 'everyone loses' route is because town did not deserve to win at that point and the scum team really didn't deserve to win.

I don't know...I hope Web is OK, but his behavior in this game was simply atrocious and really did make it harder for me to enjoy running.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: June 07, 2013, 10:56:59 am »

To be honest, I might have gone more for the powered-up scum team route if Web hadn't been so...blah about everything. I really didn't want to just hand them a victory on a silver platter with all the vitriol he was spewing about the game and the balance.
And now I hate Web even more. Hooray.
The only reason I went for the 'everyone loses' route is because town did not deserve to win at that point and the scum team really didn't deserve to win.
Did not deserve to win? Despite nailing two scum out of three and, in all fairness, probably nailing the last scum the next day by process of exclusion (because there simply wasn't any other possible scum, except for Web)? :(

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: June 07, 2013, 11:28:27 am »

Let's all remember that we should be cutthroat ingame only. You're all cool dudes, but the game stress is starting to leak out.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108