Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 108

Author Topic: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Game Over  (Read 200247 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - The Storm Breaks
« Reply #1320 on: May 31, 2013, 04:54:17 pm »

Web, you're raving like a lunatic. This is unbecoming.

A) You're convinced there's a cult. Why a cult? Where has this idea been coming from? Why are you convinced?

B) The fuck is this puzzle you've figured out? If there's actually a solution here, I'd like to know so I can help. Because this looks like it could be the last day. Being evasive right now is not pro-Town.

C) You're claiming Nirian now? Then your power is the ability to resurrect a player for one Day Phase. Why did you never seek to use this? I still find a balanced distribution of Gods more likely, and this would mean we have 3 Resurrects. That seems excessive, even for this set up.
A) It's the only logical explanation. You're blind, but they hold the key to winning. Honestly, I want to chat with Vector, because she's the easiest one to get along with, and I can talk with her without ALL Y'ALL freaking out like morons.

B) The game, man. The game has been one big puzzle. Not a series of little puzzles, but one big gigantic puzzle. I'm being evasive enough to not lose us the game. Because, honestly, I don't need your help right now. Being evasive is the only way I'm going to get anything done, because you're a tool and pretty godawful at puzzles.

C) If you were paying attention before, I claimed Nirian, mostly because of this useless 2 of everything nonsense. It only works for the scum, which there are indeed two of, but that's another story entirely. Also, I don't have a resurrect. Never did. But I do have a useful ability today.

Overall, I need Vector to talk. Can you guys get Vector in here, or do I have to talk with... ugh... Dariush?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: May 31, 2013, 04:56:24 pm »

According to the Love game, Vector is away for the week.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: May 31, 2013, 05:01:32 pm »

According to the Love game, Vector is away for the week.
I know. But, talking to her is the easiest way to get this done. Bleh.

Actually, I like Ford better, so whatever. I just need someone to answer. I just want to solve the puzzle.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: May 31, 2013, 05:07:59 pm »

C) You're claiming Nirian now? Then your power is the ability to resurrect a player for one Day Phase. Why did you never seek to use this? I still find a balanced distribution of Gods more likely, and this would mean we have 3 Resurrects. That seems excessive, even for this set up.
Dafuq? We've already seen players with the same god who have different powers. Where did you pull this assumption from? Are you high?

And again with the not answering my questions. Don't pretend like it's a reaction test this time.

Webadict: If I were cult, I'd tell you, man. I'd fucking tell you. But I'm not. I don't have any answers for you. I'm sorry. I'm really, really sorry.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: May 31, 2013, 05:12:15 pm »

Unvote All

A) You're convinced there's a cult. Why a cult? Where has this idea been coming from? Why are you convinced?

B) The fuck is this puzzle you've figured out? If there's actually a solution here, I'd like to know so I can help. Because this looks like it could be the last day. Being evasive right now is not pro-Town.

A) It's the only logical explanation. You're blind, but they hold the key to winning. Honestly, I want to chat with Vector, because she's the easiest one to get along with, and I can talk with her without ALL Y'ALL freaking out like morons.

B) The game, man. The game has been one big puzzle. Not a series of little puzzles, but one big gigantic puzzle. I'm being evasive enough to not lose us the game. Because, honestly, I don't need your help right now. Being evasive is the only way I'm going to get anything done, because you're a tool and pretty godawful at puzzles.

C) If you were paying attention before, I claimed Nirian, mostly because of this useless 2 of everything nonsense. It only works for the scum, which there are indeed two of, but that's another story entirely. Also, I don't have a resurrect. Never did. But I do have a useful ability today.

Overall, I need Vector to talk. Can you guys get Vector in here, or do I have to talk with... ugh... Dariush?

Web, part of me suspects you only "want to talk to Vector" because she's not here, and won't be here for a week. Which you should know, seeing as how you follow and post in the thread that news was posted in. But it's conceivable you could have missed it.

Under most circumstances, I'd be happy to consider whatever you have to say... but I'm not seeing your opinion as having a lot of bearing on reality here. And you keep on doing really unintelligent and not Pro-Town things, like:

1) Contradicting yourself: One minute you call me dumb for suspecting a Puzzle. Now everything is a big puzzle, and we all suck at it except for you. Alternatively, one minute you tell us all we're Scum for wanting our Teals lit, then you tell me I'm scum for not lighting my Teal - despite that it was already lit
2) Omitting useful data that could help Town get a handle on things, such as hiding your god up until now, despite the fact that making public knowledge of this would have had no negative consequences.
3) Not explaining yourself: IE right the fuck now

I don't see you as a puzzle solver on the verge of The Big Solution, so much as someone desperately trying to make what seems like our last day in the game as confused and unfocused as possible. Please explain yourself.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: May 31, 2013, 05:17:09 pm »

Webadict: If I were cult, I'd tell you, man. I'd fucking tell you. But I'm not. I don't have any answers for you. I'm sorry. I'm really, really sorry.
Hmm...

I guess that makes a bit of sense.

Unvote Tiruin Teal
Vote Captain Ford Green

Whelp, if that's the case, then you're scum.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: May 31, 2013, 05:22:27 pm »

Web, you are not a dumb person. You are bright enough to realize that no one is going to vote with you unless you give us a reason to. So you know no one is going to join you in voting for Ford's green, it is not going to be lit, thus your vote is being squandered intentionally. This is incredibly stupid.

I cannot see any reason behind your actions. I am temporarily withholding a vote to lynch you because I want to hear what you have to say. That is the only reason.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: May 31, 2013, 05:33:53 pm »

Web, part of me suspects you only "want to talk to Vector" because she's not here, and won't be here for a week. Which you should know, seeing as how you follow and post in the thread that news was posted in. But it's conceivable you could have missed it.

Under most circumstances, I'd be happy to consider whatever you have to say... but I'm not seeing your opinion as having a lot of bearing on reality here. And you keep on doing really unintelligent and not Pro-Town things, like:

1) Contradicting yourself: One minute you call me dumb for suspecting a Puzzle. Now everything is a big puzzle, and we all suck at it except for you. Alternatively, one minute you tell us all we're Scum for wanting our Teals lit, then you tell me I'm scum for not lighting my Teal - despite that it was already lit
2) Omitting useful data that could help Town get a handle on things, such as hiding your god up until now, despite the fact that making public knowledge of this would have had no negative consequences.
3) Not explaining yourself: IE right the fuck now

I don't see you as a puzzle solver on the verge of The Big Solution, so much as someone desperately trying to make what seems like our last day in the game as confused and unfocused as possible. Please explain yourself.
I know that's all you see. That's why I said you were bad at puzzles. See, this is what I'm talking about, you're really bad at putting two things together.

1) (Why would you switch from letters to numbers, you're silly) I didn't know what the deal was until now. Now it's all pretty clear what's going on. I mean, after all, you solved it. You don't even realize it, and that's the funny part.

2) See 1. I was quite unaware what information would be detrimental to the Town, and so I omitted vast portions of it. Most of the information I kept proved otherwise pointless to keep, so I gave that away. If I had known it was useless before, I would have given it earlier, but at that point, I had assumed it was a regular game. With the addition of the cult, the game becomes another puzzle, but I was unsure what the answer was when I figured this out. But, with some thinking, the answer is right in front of us. Unfortunately, I missing some information, and with Vector's help, I can do it, but I will settle for Dariush's, but he's kind of a douchebag and very uncooperative, which is WHY I prefer Vector.

3) I can't explain, because I know you won't quite understand, and the lack of understanding is a bit of a complication right now. Hence, why I wish to discuss this with Vector. Good God, this would be so much easier if she were here. I will explain later, because we do have some time right now.

Web, you are not a dumb person. You are bright enough to realize that no one is going to vote with you unless you give us a reason to. So you know no one is going to join you in voting for Ford's green, it is not going to be lit, thus your vote is being squandered intentionally. This is incredibly stupid.

I cannot see any reason behind your actions. I am temporarily withholding a vote to lynch you because I want to hear what you have to say. That is the only reason.
Uh... Ford's Green is already lit, pal. He's either scum or he's cult. There's a reason for this, and I'll explain later (AS IN AFTER I SPEAK WITH DARIUSH OR VECTOR)

Your vote is wasted on me. It won't win us the game. I'm also pretty sure you're Town, but who knows, maybe you're not, the Cult's been pretty busy these Days.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: May 31, 2013, 05:42:28 pm »

I'll give you 24 hours to do something useful or sensible. How's that?

Off to bullshit around for a while and play highly important videogames. I'll be back later.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: May 31, 2013, 05:48:28 pm »

I'll give you 24 hours to do something useful or sensible. How's that?

Off to bullshit around for a while and play highly important videogames. I'll be back later.
Haha.

You act like I have to listen to you. That's cute. It's funny because it's basically the other way around. At least if you want to win.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: May 31, 2013, 05:51:31 pm »

No. Just... no.

My last shred of faith in you really hopes you've got something cooking. That is all.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: May 31, 2013, 05:55:01 pm »

Ottofar, I've got a few questions for you, though. I know, I know, you're going to lose, but you can still answer some questions, right?

Is there a possibility of a FOURTH alignment?
Is Captain Ford your partner?

No. Just... no.

My last shred of faith in you really hopes you've got something cooking. That is all.
Your words are all mixed up. Your last hope is in me, pal.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: May 31, 2013, 09:22:58 pm »

I KNEW IT.
Fancy explaining your six penguin combo theory webadict?
I solved the puzzle.

It was so much simpler than I was giving it credit for.

You'll need to ask the cult the answer.

They exist. I know this as a fact. Well, I mean, not verifiably, but I know they exist. Unfortunately, they've started the storm already. The storm is going to kill all of us unless we stop them.
. . .

Web, you know, I respect your attitude and personality, but I'm siding with Solifuge in that you've grown blinded by your own viewpoint that you wouldn't hear our words. I AM NOT IN A BLOODY CULT. One more time, if your obstinacy in spouting the presence of a cult and pointing fingers at others continues, then I've no reason to think you as town anymore..that or you've just gone insane >_>

Also, you red voted me...and then what?

So, none of you want to talk when I'm here now, right?

Vermin.
Nine minutes after your post. Nine minutes.

Dude. Relax. :S

I've seen your explanation, and it makes sense theoretically. Problem is that there's something wrong--I'm not in a cult. Also, you seem to me specifically targeting people who won't be present for about ~1 week.

Why not me, hmm? Are you going to insert some insult or denounce my claims?

Hmm...

I guess that makes a bit of sense.

Unvote Tiruin Teal
Vote Captain Ford Green

Whelp, if that's the case, then you're scum.
You've two votes. You didn't specify what you were voting for. You unvote me? O_o

Ok...what is going on? You wonder why the game goes on for so long. You don't specify why. Any rational person would state why.

Must be scum...

Ok, you've a case on Ford. Can you link as to his Green and some reasons on why he's...the remaining suspect?

You point at cult rather than traitorous scum. Expound reasons on that.

Ottofar, I've got a few questions for you, though. I know, I know, you're going to lose, but you can still answer some questions, right?

Is there a possibility of a FOURTH alignment?
Is Captain Ford your partner?
>_> <_<

Look, if you're Otto's partner, just say what your goal is other than obfuscating...everything, please?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: May 31, 2013, 09:30:44 pm »

Tiruin, I know you're not in a cult. It's cool. I solved most of it.

I said I want to talk to the cult. You can't possibly be in the cult, for a specific reason.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: May 31, 2013, 10:02:45 pm »

...I really feel like you're stalling for time Web. This is the last day, why evade or withhold information? You didn't fully answer Sol's questions, nor are you giving your new 'helpful power' out. You want to talk to the cult, what makes you think they'll comply so willingly, then?

If you can't explain to SOlifuge, then explain to me. Mayhap, post it down because we'll all be inquiring on it when we see these posts anyway.

You didn't explain why you want Vector or Dariush to talk to. That seems nonsensical in the way that its requesting specific people to speak--without threats or anything. You vote Ford, yet...then what?

I only ask for links regarding why Ford, or your case on Ford makes sense. Web, this is pretty unbecoming of you..and pretty much prodding my intuition hard that it was right >_>

What makes you think cult will talk to you?
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 108