Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 108

Author Topic: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Game Over  (Read 200162 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Day 6
« Reply #1230 on: May 25, 2013, 03:31:25 pm »

Personally, I'm snuffing Otto's teal because it'll guarantee ZU can't win, AND it fucks with Otto.  It's basically a two-for-one deal.

Because of ZU's weird wincon, I'm snuffing white and teal with the assumption that it might be necessary.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: May 25, 2013, 05:47:43 pm »

Screw this. If we're not lighting the teals we should be lighting greens.

And ZU's giving us three votes. Not that, you know, that's something useful or anything.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: May 25, 2013, 05:51:08 pm »

^

Scum~
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: May 26, 2013, 01:11:31 am »

wtf?

WTF?

... Why am I even surprised by this game?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: May 26, 2013, 09:27:12 am »

Back from vacation and-

and...

...Um.

Okay, yeah. I'm scum. Yes. But the game is very unbalanced. Our team has a wincon nearly impossible to fulfill. Neither of us will be able to pull it off. My white candle is indeed protected, because role powers. Wasting votes on it is pointless and stupid. We did not shatter the candle. Snuffing's happened though. I should not be ignored for my scummitude, and I'd personally rather see a town than a cult win.
>_>

You know, even an incompetent scumteam would've at least given the gist of '[GENERAL FEELING OF SCUM NOT SHATTERING SAID CANDLE]'. You contradict the snuffing with your white candle, hmm.

Then you mention cult without any conclusive context. Come on Ottofar, your lies are transparent. If you'd want to help--give the reasoning: wincon, cult reason, action name, and preferably even your buddy if you're so inclined to trick us into a 'town win'.

Come on. Let's put up to it. Reasons on relighting candles. Reasons on everything. I'm apt to believe anything right now.

*Tiruin dangles an imaginary string*

wtf?

WTF?

... Why am I even surprised by this game?
Because this holds true.

Nerjin: Did you give any indication why you didn't even claim anything--information or such on why you withheld your ability use...at all? If so, please do say.

Because you're runner-up to Ottofar's scumbuddy-position here.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: May 26, 2013, 12:25:31 pm »

I'm curious. Is there anyone in this game that hasn't been called scum yet?
Unvote Nerjin Teal, Tiruin Teal
Snuff Ottofar Teal, White

I said I would join if there was a consensus, and there seems to be one. On another note, we have yet to actually try our luck when a candle received the pale ivory light, all we have is the word of confessed scum and a slight inclination that he is protected. I say we go for it.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: May 26, 2013, 12:42:58 pm »

Do not light the bloody teals. DO NOT LIGHT THE BLOODY TEALS.

IF WE'RE ACTUALLY GETTING SOMETHING DONE, IT IS TO GET A MAJORITY VOTE ON OTTOFAR'S WHITE CANDLE. THE SAME GOES FOR NERJIN'S GREEN CANDLE.

And as nobody has clarified or quoted anything on multivotes, Unvote all to be sure.

Snuff Ottofar's White Candle
Snuff Nerjin's Green Candle.

Because I'm done with the theories--people are snuffing Teals for fun and laughter somehow--and guess what the green candles show: either a powered up version of our powers before the Balance day, or a similar version of it.

Unvote Otto. Snuff Otto Teal. We can kill his white when it stops being protected.
And I'm really suspecting NQT on grounds of confusion. When in the world are you accomplishing, or planning to accomplish this with that statement?!

What are you even doing for that?

...Bother that, Solifuge was right on his comment regarding lazy wins. Mostly nobody is caring at the moment because of attrition or seeming lack of progress.

Seriously people? Is that how far your patience extends? The game isn't over until it is over!

We've got an insensate, yet still breathing priest--no physical force can interact with him, that far is known. All the facts are presented beforehand, and people are just...

Just...

Bandwagoning without sure reasoning or statement?! What's the big deal with Teals anyway?! When has a TEAL candle SAVED LIVES or done anything to AFFECT LIVES?!

Personally, I'm snuffing Otto's teal because it'll guarantee ZU can't win, AND it fucks with Otto.  It's basically a two-for-one deal.

Because of ZU's weird wincon, I'm snuffing white and teal with the assumption that it might be necessary.
This makes sense. A lot of sense in the way that it takes care of confirmed scum, and destroys ZU's gambit--if a gambit, and wincon, if a wincon.

Screw this. If we're not lighting the teals we should be lighting greens.

And ZU's giving us three votes. Not that, you know, that's something useful or anything.
This, doesn't.

Why light a green when you can permanently snuff a green? Snuff it all other than light and flail around. Time is of the essence, if anyone hasn't noticed.

Since when has anyone been receiving warnings of the coming storm?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: May 26, 2013, 12:58:52 pm »

It's hilarious how people were afraid of snuffing Otto's white due to it having a shield right until he agreed that it has a shield. That's some masterful WIFOM by scum.

Is anybody going to venture an idea regarding what is the halo if it's not a shield?

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: May 26, 2013, 01:40:57 pm »

Oh, but I'm playing against your cult now. It is kind of amusing though.

It's a Super Saint-style bomb, which snuffs and shatters all the candles of anyone voting it. Obviously.

Also, Tiruin, Third of may the storm was looming.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: May 26, 2013, 02:24:39 pm »

Since when has anyone been receiving warnings of the coming storm?
You'd be receiving warnings too if your teal was lit.  :P
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: May 26, 2013, 03:08:40 pm »

>_>

<_<

*facepalm*

It's a Super Saint-style bomb, which snuffs and shatters all the candles of anyone voting it. Obviously.
Then let's do this. Bring it on, scumbag. You and whoever your unhelpful partner will die with us. As long as you go down.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: May 26, 2013, 03:09:12 pm »

I check the weather outside.

What is the weather?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #1242 on: May 26, 2013, 03:21:17 pm »

((I'll never understand Mafia.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: May 26, 2013, 03:39:24 pm »

This is a Bastard game GUNI, many things are out of the normal Mafia game--something for the Moderator's fun.

Go check in the Beginner's Mafia to understand it.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: May 26, 2013, 05:03:29 pm »

Okay, yeah. I'm scum. Yes. But the game is very unbalanced. Our team has a wincon nearly impossible to fulfill. Neither of us will be able to pull it off. My white candle is indeed protected, because role powers. Wasting votes on it is pointless and stupid. We did not shatter the candle. Snuffing's happened though. I should not be ignored for my scummitude, and I'd personally rather see a town than a cult win.
My god how did I miss this. Only everybody is talking about it. :-[

Unvote

Snuff Ottofar White
Snuff Zombie Urist White

It's hilarious how people were afraid of snuffing Otto's white due to it having a shield right until he agreed that it has a shield. That's some masterful WIFOM by scum.

Is anybody going to venture an idea regarding what is the halo if it's not a shield?
My guess: Another illusion, like the candle hiding. That's why I investigated it. (although I now have to wait for Meph to get back from his trip for an answer)

Or it could be that...

Then let's do this. Bring it on, scumbag. You and whoever your unhelpful partner will die with us. As long as you go down.
Umm...but unless his partner votes for his candle too, then no, his partner won't go down with the rest of us.

Ottofar: Why did you take out Solifuge? He didn't seem likely to be cult.

Tiruin: Why do you want snuff Nerjin's green?
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 108