Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 108

Author Topic: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Game Over  (Read 199946 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Day 6
« Reply #1050 on: May 20, 2013, 08:15:09 pm »

Oh, whoops.

Well, I thought he slipped.  Sometimes people do that.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: May 20, 2013, 09:00:29 pm »

PFP

...This makes a whole lot of sense now.

...Nerjin, It's 'Elder' Priest...Okami's an Elder Priest, NOT THE HIGH PRIEST. Why are you obfuscating?

Who I really believe are town:
Webadict
Dariush
Tiruin
Vector
Cpt. Ford
Okami No Rei (and whoever else he inspected...)
Onyxjew

Who I believe are being literally unhelpful:
Remuthra (Quiet, quiet over there...)
Nerjin (for getting facts wrong...mostly :S, Statue? And that Okami = HP, somehow. You didn't explain either Nerjin...)

Solifuge is dead.

Ottofar is scummy scum scum.

NQT is quiet again, but also busy IRL...and has the lack of post-syndrome in there.

Toaster...I really don't know. While I'm inherently suspicious of him because something's just wrong in my feel of him, can't see anything else but his claim of roleblock (and that he got targeted by a night action Post-N1.) [He blocked Captain Ford--when Ford's power was named Strength]

The fact that there were only 2 candle light-shifts (Dariush and Ottofar) prove that said power can be used on anyone. What isn't solved is who did:
> That light shift--regarding Dar and Otto.
> That vote-clean on D1.
> That dual shift (Dariush/Ottofar) multiple candle snuff/light.
> What the hell Dance of Sun and Moon (Otto's Green does)
> Why people are voting Green/Teal when White = Consciousness or the ability to do stuff (Look at Sol's work)
> That weird 'Shining Pale-Ivory' on Ottofar's white.

I'm currently voting Otto's White, my next votes go

Vector: This game is frustrating.
We're with you here buddy :/

Bad thing is, we're being blinded by the so-called 'lack of progress' when we're quite not sure where we're at.

..Relax please?

Alright, so based on that nice pattern:
> 2 Worship Nirian: Tiruin & Solifuge.
> 2 Worship Derala: Vector and Toaster.
> 4 Worship Avos: Captain Ford, Nerjin, Ottofar [who is in orange because scuuum], and Remuthra.
> 2 Worship Telmorin: NQT, Onyxjew
> And we've a pantheon worshipper, our beloved Elder Priest: Okami No Rei (who's candles have been different from the beginning.)
> 1 Worships Andoras: Dariush.
> Webadict is an unknown variable O_o [Who is most likely Andoras.]

Chart of people.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: May 20, 2013, 09:10:06 pm »

Whoa, whoa, whoa. That WAS solved. It was an illusion.

Ottofar's candle was hidden N1, and Dariush's was hidden N2. The effect of the first hiding wore off at the start of Day 3, so it LOOKED like Ottofar's lit back up, but it had actually never been snuffed.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: May 20, 2013, 09:11:45 pm »

Whoa, whoa, whoa. That WAS solved. It was an illusion.

Ottofar's candle was hidden N1, and Dariush's was hidden N2. The effect of the first hiding wore off at the start of Day 3, so it LOOKED like Ottofar's lit back up, but it had actually never been snuffed.
Oops :X

Sorry, am in a PFP mode so...working on memory...

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: May 20, 2013, 09:25:29 pm »

Nerjin: At this point, it seems like his lurkiness was more about RL stuff than any game strategy. He hasn't even been online in days. I've read his posts in isolation, and he comes off as genuinely pro-town to me. I don't like the lack of response, but while it frustrates me, I can't call him scummy for it since it does not seem to have anything to do with the game.

I was alarmed at first because the flames turned red, but as time went on I realized he wasn't responsible for that. I think the speculation about him having a hidden wincon that involves teal candles is incredibly paranoid and silly and a complete distraction from things that are actually important. Especially seeing as there's really nothing we can do about it (except snuffing teal candles without a red flame, like Ottofar's).

I also noticed something odd about the symmetry

Tiruin:
> That vote-clean on D1.
You mean day 2? That was Dariush.

> That weird 'Shining Pale-Ivory' on Ottofar's white.
I ventured a guess at what it did before. Used on a yellow flame, it got white. It makes sense that it might make a red flame yellow. Assuming, of course, that the candle flames are normally yellow, and not like, cotton-candy pink or something...

..Relax please?
Trying. Mostly succeeding.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: May 20, 2013, 09:31:39 pm »

Tiruin: No problem. I've found that I've spent >50% of my time here getting everyone else up to speed, and I'm fine with that.

Hmm...in fact, Toaster is like the only person I haven't corrected about something yet. It's kind of like he's trying too hard to not make a mistake...

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: May 20, 2013, 09:33:23 pm »

Or maybe I'm just that damned good.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: May 20, 2013, 10:40:15 pm »

Yay. I'm back. It was a nice getaway.

This is going to sound dumb from me, but what if Solifuge was, you know, lying?

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: May 20, 2013, 11:05:08 pm »

I figured it was a bluff. I just didn't get why he didn't answer me.

Also, I believed him and I was building theories around it, so he sucks for that.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: May 21, 2013, 12:07:08 am »

I figured it was a bluff. I just didn't get why he didn't answer me.

Also, I believed him and I was building theories around it, so he sucks for that.
I changed my mind.

Light all of our Teals. Solifuge didn't want this, and since no one else with a Teal received this warning, then he might very well be lying. If not, we lose, the game ends, we all celebrate.

Unvote.
Light the unlit
Teals.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: May 21, 2013, 12:37:06 am »

Hmm... you think his getting lynched D1 was a gambit?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: May 21, 2013, 01:32:31 am »

Hmm... you think his getting lynched D1 was a gambit?
It's quite possible scum didn't know what candles were doing at D1 either.

Light all of our Teals. Solifuge didn't want this, and since no one else with a Teal received this warning, then he might very well be lying. If not, we lose, the game ends, we all celebrate.
Or maybe you're a lying fuckass, which is exactly as likely. Considering you're faffing about instead of lynching confirmed scum, I tend to this opinion.

Nerjin, you were the one protecting Otto's candle, weren't you. I think right now would be a damn good time to claim your targets.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: May 21, 2013, 04:40:56 am »

I've decided to do a little bookkeeping and gather bookmarks to all day ends/beginnings and Ford's chart (mostly for myself, but people are welcome to use it).
Day 1;
Day 2;
Day 3;
Day 4;
Day 5;
Day 6;
Spoiler: Ford's infosheet (click to show/hide)

Meph, may I edit post #10 to include this stuff?

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: May 21, 2013, 05:20:25 am »

...Nerjin, It's 'Elder' Priest...Okami's an Elder Priest, NOT THE HIGH PRIEST. Why are you obfuscating?

Oh... Sorry about that. That is ENTIRELY my fault. I thought he was just called a High Priest. Well not much to say on that other than "My bad."

Nerjin: At this point, it seems like his lurkiness was more about RL stuff than any game strategy. He hasn't even been online in days. I've read his posts in isolation, and he comes off as genuinely pro-town to me. I don't like the lack of response, but while it frustrates me, I can't call him scummy for it since it does not seem to have anything to do with the game.

I was alarmed at first because the flames turned red, but as time went on I realized he wasn't responsible for that. I think the speculation about him having a hidden wincon that involves teal candles is incredibly paranoid and silly and a complete distraction from things that are actually important. Especially seeing as there's really nothing we can do about it (except snuffing teal candles without a red flame, like Ottofar's).

Hm... Well I guess that makes sense. Still he and Ottofar are the two targets I feel confident on so... Yep.

Nerjin, you were the one protecting Otto's candle, weren't you. I think right now would be a damn good time to claim your targets.

I have a protect role. I can't do anything during the day or relight candles at night.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: May 21, 2013, 05:35:11 am »

I have a protect role. I can't do anything during the day or relight candles at night.
Targets. Aka people you targeted. あなた verstehst меня?
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 108