Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 108

Author Topic: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Game Over  (Read 200295 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Day 6
« Reply #990 on: May 18, 2013, 11:25:35 pm »

Whatever. I'm leaving. I'll be back whenever I feel like it. This game blows. Everyone can bite me. Lemons. Out.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: May 19, 2013, 01:32:18 am »

Look, here's a chart with the scents laid out:

As far as I can tell, every candle has a unique scent. We've got three candles from the same goddess with three different scents.
Hm. If you remove the last four people and assume that Wuba is Andoras's, then the sheet becomes symmetrical relative to Okami. If we remember that Ottofar is fakeclaiming scum, however, and remember that a certain player who is symmetrical to him also claimed the same god (that is still uncommonly often claimed) and refused to reveal anything about his abilities or targets at all...

Nerjin, did you claim and Ford just missed it? If no, do so. I don't like seeing white spots on my information.

Wuba, you're a dumbass. Is it really too hard to grasp that more than one scent can correlate to a single god? And that wet ink, dust and incense correlate to a
Goddess of the Night, Moon, Magic, Dreams, Prophecy
way more strongly than lantern oil correlates to a
God of the Sun, Fire, Men, and War
? Especially with the unique flavor about flame being sucked in?

Just reached the end of the thread. Quitter crybaby is verily so.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: May 19, 2013, 01:36:02 am »

Well, at least Web is town judging by how he words his things. T'would be bad taste to see scum using those kinds of persuasive tactics in doing so >_>

And by those white spots, we've uncalled actions:
> The votesetter back during the early days.
> The Pale Ivory thing (which...I think just means white, in another sense. Ivory = Creamy white, and it being pale is...err, white?) which happened on Ottofar's candle.
> Probably something else I'm missing.

NQT: Being silent there?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: May 19, 2013, 01:37:20 am »

No, I'm 99% sure Web is town.  I've never seen him be quite this much of a shit as scum--usually he breaks people down in order to buddy them, which is not exactly what's happening here.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: May 19, 2013, 04:05:28 am »

Ford, I'd be fine for lighting Remuthra's green. I think I can see what you're doing but, what do you mean to achieve in voting for an already-lit candle?

Tiruin, I'm still puzzling this through. Now Magic Mafia is over, I'll probably have more time for trying to work this stuff out. It's awkward because there are so many of use in the game that what I could have contributed by way of compiling claims has already been done and unlike many of you I don't have any powers or anything to work out.

This game present itself to me as an unfathomable fog of posts. From my limited understanding, I'd say that as the pattern seems to be two genuine priests per god, we should be most critical of those that haven't claimed.

Webadict, for instance, thinks he doesn't have to be helpful and that keeping his god's name secret is acceptable. Knowing the name of one's god isn't going to help scum (I mean, we're all priests in the same temple, surely they'd already know?) but it can help town's investigation. So why hasn't he said anything? Unvote Toaster, Snuff Webadict Green. I'm not sure why you guys think blustering over people is a town tell.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: May 19, 2013, 04:12:49 am »

It's a town-tell for Webadict, not in general.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: May 19, 2013, 09:26:54 am »

This game present itself to me as an unfathomable fog of posts. From my limited understanding, I'd say that as the pattern seems to be two genuine priests per god, we should be most critical of those that haven't claimed.

Webadict, for instance, thinks he doesn't have to be helpful and that keeping his god's name secret is acceptable. Knowing the name of one's god isn't going to help scum (I mean, we're all priests in the same temple, surely they'd already know?) but it can help town's investigation. So why hasn't he said anything? Unvote Toaster, Snuff Webadict Green. I'm not sure why you guys think blustering over people is a town tell.

Pardon me sir but I'm seeing a bit of a... thing with your post. The thing is that we don't KNOW that there is a limit on the gods. After all in a pantheon there's bound to be people who like one god more than another. Perhaps Meph went through with the RNG thing you keep talking about [I think it's you but I don't have the time to go check. If I'm wrong I apologize]

Secondly Web is being helpful for the most part [he's also being somewhat of a "Type A" personality but...]. Imagine this: We're playing a BM rule-set. Someone asks you what you did every night and it's NOT LYLO. They're also asking you your general alliance and power role. Not specifically but they want you to soft-claim. That, at least, is how I view this whole issue.

Has anyone heard from Onyx lately?
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: May 19, 2013, 09:32:50 am »

It's me who had the RNG thing.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: May 19, 2013, 09:33:36 am »

It's me who had the RNG thing.

My apologies to NQT then.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: May 19, 2013, 09:56:47 am »

Point. That theory's shot to hell anyways because we don't have two Andoras worshipers(unless you are and you're just stubbornly not claiming, and Ranger was an idiot for softclaiming Tortellini). Plus, I wouldn't put any stock in something so orderly in a bastard game. The only thing I feel confident about is that at least one of the Avos worshipers is lying (probably Ottofar, though if we can't trust Vector, then one of the other Avos worshipers must be lying, and I'm guessing it would be Nerjin).

Anyways, the stuff about the ordering and the pairing up of gods in the list was more important than the last part you jumped on. It's an odd anomaly that might mean nothing, but it's just so odd that I'm sure it means something...
Except you're STILL wrong. I refuse to explain why.
That is the single scummiest sentence I have ever read in my entire career on this forum.

Mod Vote count?

Snuff Onyxjew944's Teal Checking to see how "What is done cannot be undone" applies to red light.
Snuff Ottofar's White He needs to die.
Saving my last for possible opposition.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: May 19, 2013, 10:22:37 am »

NERJIN STOP IGNORING ME ARGHBLARGH

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: May 19, 2013, 10:25:52 am »

Nerjin, did you claim and Ford just missed it? If no, do so. I don't like seeing white spots on my information.

NERJIN STOP IGNORING ME ARGHBLARGH

Oh sorry! I didn't notice this the first time.

I'll state that I have a protect role. Also I was blocked last night.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: May 19, 2013, 10:37:49 am »

Nerjin:
Also I was blocked last night.

This is interesting- must be another blocker out there that hasn't claimed.

May I ask who you targeted?  If you don't want to answer, don't feel obliged.

Also, I am pretty sure Ford is scum, along with Ottofar.  Okami... can't say I trust him either- I get the feeling Web is right on that note.

Snuff Captain Ford White
Snuff Ottofar White
Snuff Okami White
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: May 19, 2013, 11:05:42 am »

I'm still not going to post for a bit, but I'm sorry I yelled at you, Tiruin. You didn't deserve that. It was totally uncalled for. I was taking out my frustration on you. So, yeah. Sorry.

But, just so you know, Dariush, I would not feel bad if your mother developed a brain tumor or if your dad died in your arms. Or both. At the same time.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: May 19, 2013, 11:09:05 am »

Edited a previous post to better reflect the nature of sportsmanlike conduct. I'll be back some time later. Maybe. If I feel better.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 108