Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 108

Author Topic: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Game Over  (Read 200269 times)

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Day 6
« Reply #975 on: May 18, 2013, 05:49:35 pm »

btw...I would be voting to snuff all of Okami's candles again if I wasn't in the middle of an experiment. Something IS off about the way he's been playing and I really don't like the fact he hasn't answered any of my questions, especially about the dirty details of his inspect, the ability he used yesterday, his claim about being a miller, and so on.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: May 18, 2013, 06:51:52 pm »

Yeah, I'm pretty damned lost here.

Ford:
There have been zero hints in the flavor at there being a cult. I mean zero. And it really doesn't make sense in this context. None of the information we've received about the gods of Morsadis even hints at the idea they could be dominating us, and there's no way they're converting any of us. They're trying to defeat us, plain and simple.

The only evidence you seem to have is Okami's list of targets, and the different scents from Vector's candles. Without more data, the scents are a dead end at this point, and if they're not a red herring then they might as well be.

You know damn well that no cult flavor doesn't rule out a cult.  That's a bad reason to try to justify its nonexistence.

Also, given the flavor, the traitors are most likely to have infiltrated as worshipers of either Avos or Derala.

Obfuscating again.

Web:  If Okami and your list are cult, do you still maintain there are two non-cult scum?  If so, who are they?

Okami: When you say you are a miller, please elaborate.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: May 18, 2013, 07:30:15 pm »

You know damn well that no cult flavor doesn't rule out a cult.  That's a bad reason to try to justify its nonexistence.
Okay. How about flavor and mechanics that explicit hint at a "kill them before they kill you" game? Any method we have of detecting a cult has now vanished (we no longer have any inspects), Vector's play has been spotty and sloppy since the beginning (if she was scum, she was scum from the start), Okami claimed everything he could up front, you're all fucking crazy and I have no idea why anybody in this game does any of the things they do.

Also, given the flavor, the traitors are most likely to have infiltrated as worshipers of either Avos or Derala.
Obfuscating again.
Fuck you. That's not obfuscating. I'm talking about flavor-wise, in this game world, a priest of a LIGHT god could hide best among other priests of a LIGHT god, and priests of a DARK god could blend in best with a DARK god.

I mean if you're african, you don't try to pass yourself off as japanese. You'd fail.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: May 18, 2013, 08:58:31 pm »

I associate ink and dust with libraries, personally.  Otherwise, I've got nothing.

Vector: Do you think your hint was telling you that we're looking for one scum with two candles lit and one scum with three candles lit? At the time you got that response, only 3 people had three candles lit: You, Okami and Onyxjew (and unfortunately everyone else had two candles lit).

Did you get the warning "the storm is not yet broken" at the start of the day?

Yeah, I did think of that, and it could be.  The miller thing for Okami is a problem, given that I got him reading as town (from inspection, I mean--"that candle is not associated with removing threats from the temple")... so I think we've caught him lying and he indeed needs to die.  It also said that his candle was thicker and had a more solid presence than the other ones.

Yes, I also got the "storm is not yet broken" warning.

Vector's play has been spotty and sloppy since the beginning (if she was scum, she was scum from the start)

Yeah, sorry about that.  Still dealing with school.

Let's take out ONR today and Ottofar tomorrow--seriously, WE HAVE AN INSPECT ON HIM and he's voting Dariush because "doesn't like that he's been trying to get his candles lit?"  Ridiculous.  I don't know who the third person is, though I'm guessing there is one.  I can ask Derala about that tonight.

Also, wouldn't "all the gods" also imply Telmorin?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: May 18, 2013, 09:04:06 pm »

PFP
In response to this post @ bottom question.

I'd agree with you there (not a cult >_>), and the reasoning on Okami was such--he'd either be scum, or honest to goodness town. The former because he could just easily claim 'INSPECT YOU TOWN' on others he knows are town, thus confirming 4 other people and perhaps hiding his own (I mean, who has watch/track powers here, huh? We've got barely nothing that coincides with Mafia-ish powers rather than vote/candle powers).

There was also the point that Okami was different from the start (All candles lit? Anyone miss that?) and has been critically involved in checking up the ideas of others and summarizing them to the best of his knowledge (I didn't detect anything wrong with his posts too), which debunked my suspicion on 'if he's different, there's something suspicious with him'.

Also...you believe we're cultists because...the investigate. Really :/ Or the point that we're not seemingly seeing eye to eye with you? Yeah, I get that reasoning, but that's not enough to discard us as cult for those reasons. I'm not a cultist, nor have I any indication that I'm particularly anything @ PMs received, so guessing via OP I'm town.

The word of warning does make sense. Solifuge was the only one who had received the message on 'Imminent Death', rather than anything else so scum would make sense by killing him off. They did not kill his teal candle though. Leaving me to doubt that probability on Teal = VERY IMPORTANT.

Say, we've 3 choices, aye? Since Okami's power is hopefully a one-shot, lighting our teals seem good (but if needed, just lynch Okami's White--it disables him and kills for the day...leaving two other votes free.)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: May 18, 2013, 09:04:36 pm »

Unvote All

Solifuge Green
Ottofar Green
Captain Ford Teal
...You know that your Teal is already lit, right?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: May 18, 2013, 09:05:54 pm »

Tiruin: Was your revive a one-shot? Or can you do it again?
Tiruin swings a morning star around.

I can do this again. Try to hit me, any of you who dare, for unless I've been roleblocked, Solifuge will return once more.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: May 18, 2013, 09:47:55 pm »

Say, we've 3 choices, aye? Since Okami's power is hopefully a one-shot, lighting our teals seem good (but if needed, just lynch Okami's White--it disables him and kills for the day...leaving two other votes free.)

This is why I don't trust you:
lighting our teals seem good

*I totally edited this. Bite me, Meph.*
Rephrase: Whyever would you consider lighting Teals, esteemed co-player? That is most absurd and certainly barbaric!

The second reason I don't trust you is you're advocating for only removing Okami's White. I have no idea what powers exist, so allowing Okami to keep any of his candles is ridiculous.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 11:07:21 am by webadict »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: May 18, 2013, 09:51:28 pm »

Web:  If Okami and your list are cult, do you still maintain there are two non-cult scum?  If so, who are they?
Ottofar is scum. Okami is scum. This is all I know. I might have jumped on the cult thing, as I was thinking of BYOR 4. All I know is there are incredibly untrustworthy people doing incredibly untrustworthy things.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: May 18, 2013, 10:00:48 pm »

"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: May 18, 2013, 10:03:50 pm »

(Breaking bah post rules to suggest that that post be edited, Web.)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: May 18, 2013, 10:30:24 pm »

This is why I don't trust you:
lighting our teals seem good

*I totally edited this. Bite me, Meph.*
The bolded part is what I edited out because he edited out and thanks.
>_>

I think you got my wording wrong, but perhaps it was my wording that you couldn't get.

That phrase was pertaining to Okami's intention given how he made his post on the matter...Because by reason of why you say Teal = 'ARHGHOMGWTF', check what else happened. The only redeeming factor is:
> Okami has been online as of late, and hasn't made any post. I could say he's lurking, as the forum time thing says late online was May 17...

His last post was May 10, as opposed to his last pertinent post here.

The second reason I don't trust you is you're advocating for only removing Okami's White. I have no idea what powers exist, so allowing Okami to keep any of his candles is ridiculous.
Riddles.

The main fact in riddles are that it seems complicated, but the answers are simple. We've learned that Green = Power, White = Life, Teal = Word.

So snuff the white. Did you remember that SOlifuge didn't get any word from the divine when his teal was lit? He was in the healing hall then.

Given that we've 3 votes instead of the usual 2, this seems to be our breaking day (I can resurrect people, mind you so if any of you 3 have qualms given the matter, I can pick--my choice rests on Solifuge given that the HP seems fine.)

Tiruin checks if the High Priest's pulse can be sensed.

Also, seeing how Vector's candle got the red light as well as everyone else's given the Balance day--I'm assuming that those things are related to the day (or whoever made the day go into Balance...) Hence why I'm requesting everyone to claim--helps town, if you want to see it from my PoV. It helps everyone.

Though I'm glad Dariush didn't have as much assertion as you've got there in talking me out on my words.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 11:15:40 am by Tiruin »

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: May 18, 2013, 10:49:38 pm »

Nerjin: I'll ask you outright, are you the one who has been snuffing candles at night?

...Yep. You caught me. I wasn't gonna say anything but since you asked outright... Sorry Ford I just wanted to razzle you a bit there. In this game I have never snuffed a candle. I'm sorta curious what you expected me to say with that. I don't have a vigilante role and I'm not scum so I can't really affect candles like that.

Also could you try... NOT posting eight times in a row? I don't usually mind but in this game it appears that we need to be as frank as possible to let the information not get lost in a pile of text.

@Web Alright I'm seeing your logic and I'm also seeing you be slightly unkind. Fair enough on the prior and bad form on the latter.

Unvote

Snuff Okami White Snuff Okami Green because he honestly just seems to be lurking scum or lurking cult. He might be town... but I don't feel confident enough with that.

Snuff Ottofar White who's basically confirmed scum.

@mod Vote-count?
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: May 18, 2013, 11:05:58 pm »

Sorry about the multiple posts - it happens because most of my time comes when I'm at work and I have to squeeze them out quickly, since I don't know when I'm going to get the next chance to post. It does result in them being not well thought out and rambly -- I talk to myself a lot when I'm thinking hard on something. Work has been bearing down on me lately, and the game's deadlines pressure me to get things out so people can respond to them before we run out of time again. Blugh.

Certainly simpler to just ask you right out what I've been wondering to see how you react. Perhaps I should have asked you if you've been lighting candles, meh, I dunno.

I'll be busy most of tomorrow so you'll get a short break from me, at least...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: May 18, 2013, 11:07:38 pm »

@Web Alright I'm seeing your logic and I'm also seeing you be slightly unkind. Fair enough on the prior and bad form on the latter.

Slightly is a huge understatement, though I'm attributing it to stress.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 108