Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 108

Author Topic: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Game Over  (Read 200323 times)

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Day 6
« Reply #960 on: May 18, 2013, 04:07:57 pm »

I do not trust Okami, regardless.

Meph/High Priest/Whoever, I Don't Care:
Are there traitors among us or are there spies among us or are there both?
Are we allowed to vote for candles with no wicks?

Another thing: I've learned from experience it's best to just try it and see what happens.

Solifuge White
Solifuge Green
Ottofar Green
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Day 2
« Reply #961 on: May 18, 2013, 04:28:06 pm »

Assuming candles should smell the same from the same god, right? And that smells do not change? Then why is it that Ottofar's remained the same, but Vector's and Toaster's do not match? Toaster's green and Vector's green are not the same, yet they should be, should they not?
I don't have any reason to suspect they should be. They have different abilities, why should they have the same scent?

If white candles are linked to your soul, then why should two people's souls have the same scent?

If what you are suggesting is true, then Toaster must have been lying about his god to begin with. One conversion can't by itself explain the three scents. However, I suspect every candle has a different scent related to what it does. "Rain and Wet Earth" makes perfect sense for an ability named "Cleansing Rain". I don't see how "Dust" and "Incense" relate to Vector and Toaster's claimed abilities, but I'm betting that only the scents of the teal candles would have correlated to the gods at all.

You people are seriously silly for thinking the scent of white candles would correlate to our gods. I thought that was silly the first time it was said, and I still think it's silly.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: May 18, 2013, 04:28:07 pm »

In case I forget to vote...

Snuff Ottofar White
Light notquitethere green
Light Toaster green

Essentially: eliminating scum, empowering townies. I'd have voted to bring back solifuge if he had a candle to light.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: May 18, 2013, 04:32:14 pm »

NQT: If we're going to light greens, I'd seriously recommend lighting greens that haven't been lit before. Remuthra has struck me as a solid townie from the beginning. I'm more than happy to light his green candle...after I see how this voting experiment goes.

...I also want to experiment with voting a redlit candle, so let me adjust my vote.

Unvote All

Solifuge Green
Ottofar Green
Captain Ford Teal

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: May 18, 2013, 04:38:12 pm »

THAT RIGHT THERE is a good reason to have one special player, Wuba. 2 players of each of the 5 gods, 2 traitors of each of the morasadis gods, and 1 elder priest.
If that's true, then explain Night 2.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: May 18, 2013, 04:52:01 pm »

THAT RIGHT THERE is a good reason to have one special player, Wuba. 2 players of each of the 5 gods, 2 traitors of each of the morasadis gods, and 1 elder priest.
If that's true, then explain Night 2.
Point. That theory's shot to hell anyways because we don't have two Andoras worshipers(unless you are and you're just stubbornly not claiming, and Ranger was an idiot for softclaiming Tortellini). Plus, I wouldn't put any stock in something so orderly in a bastard game. The only thing I feel confident about is that at least one of the Avos worshipers is lying (probably Ottofar, though if we can't trust Vector, then one of the other Avos worshipers must be lying, and I'm guessing it would be Nerjin).

Anyways, the stuff about the ordering and the pairing up of gods in the list was more important than the last part you jumped on. It's an odd anomaly that might mean nothing, but it's just so odd that I'm sure it means something...

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: May 18, 2013, 04:54:57 pm »

No. That's incredibly unlikely, as Dariush's gave off rain and wet earth, which is two aspects.
That's not two aspects. Rain + Wet Earth is the scent of a rainstorm, which is exactly what his ability does. When it rains, the earth -- surprise -- gets wet!

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: May 18, 2013, 04:57:09 pm »

Hold on a minute.

There seem to be two of most-all god worshippers. The insurgent religion is about twin gods. Two worshippers, and scum are all about pairs. I'm going to go look at the candle patterns, but I'm starting to think the scum may want something to do with one of each pair of worshippers dead and one alive. One candle would be Light and one would be Dark.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: May 18, 2013, 05:00:54 pm »

Point. That theory's shot to hell anyways because we don't have two Andoras worshipers(unless you are and you're just stubbornly not claiming, and Ranger was an idiot for softclaiming Tortellini). Plus, I wouldn't put any stock in something so orderly in a bastard game. The only thing I feel confident about is that at least one of the Avos worshipers is lying (probably Ottofar, though if we can't trust Vector, then one of the other Avos worshipers must be lying, and I'm guessing it would be Nerjin).

Anyways, the stuff about the ordering and the pairing up of gods in the list was more important than the last part you jumped on. It's an odd anomaly that might mean nothing, but it's just so odd that I'm sure it means something...
Except you're STILL wrong. I refuse to explain why.

And of course Ottofar is lying. He's scum. Okami's also scum. Maybe he's not a cult leader, but I refuse to believe that he's town. He wants the Teals.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: May 18, 2013, 05:01:06 pm »

...! Bam! Realized something!

The candle that exploded was unlit. That's the ability that lights candles. I think Solifuge's green may have been blown up by accident.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: May 18, 2013, 05:06:23 pm »

The candle that exploded was unlit. That's the ability that lights candles. I think Solifuge's green may have been blown up by accident.
What?

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: May 18, 2013, 05:13:56 pm »

...Vector: On second thought, I'm wondering if the message you received wasn't telling you that there used to be two, but now there are three.

What?
On (almost) all previous nights, one candle was lit, and one was snuffed. That happened again tonight, but instead, one had it's wick removed (which the lynch also did), and one exploded. It correlated well that the night snuff changed to a wick removal, and the night lighting now causes explosions.

When the storm began, we received no information that told us that snuffing a candle would remove it's wick. It's entirely possible the candle lighter was not informed how his ability changed either ... at least that was the theory, but that's not consistent with the way the effects of our votes changed.

I still don't know what the red light means, but I don't think it's a good thing.

Tiruin: Was your revive a one-shot? Or can you do it again?

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: May 18, 2013, 05:23:03 pm »

Hold on a minute.

There seem to be two of most-all god worshippers. The insurgent religion is about twin gods. Two worshippers, and scum are all about pairs. I'm going to go look at the candle patterns, but I'm starting to think the scum may want something to do with one of each pair of worshippers dead and one alive. One candle would be Light and one would be Dark.
It's not a bad theory, I simply don't see how that would end the game.

Okami: What does your ability do now? And where the crap are you?

Extend. I'm going to start extending with every post, because I'm seriously tired of getting cut off by day end.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: May 18, 2013, 05:30:07 pm »

EBWOP
Not to mention the fact that the game never called for exactly 13 players, so it's really unlike the setup depended on having a number of players that could conveniently be divided up so there was an equal number worshiping each of the five gods.

Also, given the flavor, the traitors are most likely to have infiltrated as worshipers of either Avos or Derala.

One thing I regret not asking the high priest before was whether our gods knew who the traitors were or not, and if not, then how they knew that there were traitors in our midst (not that I expected a straight answer).

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: May 18, 2013, 05:45:08 pm »

Except you're STILL wrong. I refuse to explain why.
Can you at least tell me what I'm wrong about?

And of course Ottofar is lying. He's scum. Okami's also scum. Maybe he's not a cult leader, but I refuse to believe that he's town. He wants the Teals.
Maybe he wants the teals lit because he's trying to help us? Maybe that dire warning WAS from the morasadis gods trying to ruin a good thing? It seems pretty obvious to me that our gods are no longer in total control of the contest.

...I think something happened that our gods weren't expecting. This whole setup feels like it's gotten out of control. And that thing might be the elder priest turning out to be a hidden traitor...

...personally, I don't think having our teals lit is bad by itself. I believe there is some other factor at play, like some ability that acts on anyone with a teal candle lit or maybe we're all now marked for some other ability that Okami has.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 108