Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 108

Author Topic: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Game Over  (Read 200307 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Day 6
« Reply #930 on: May 17, 2013, 11:24:08 pm »

So you think that there's two scum groups, in other words?

Hmm.  I'm not sure about cult.  I think we have an Ottofar + someone else pair, and then there's ONR.  This is starting to remind me a lot of Bellringer.
Regardless of whether Okami is cult or not, I want all of his candles snuffed. However, I will assume he is cult, and I will also assume that you and Tiruin are cultists. Dariush and Onyxjew were simply stolen off the list Okami stated, but they are unknowns.

Plus, this makes sense for Solifuge's warning yesterday.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: May 17, 2013, 11:26:28 pm »

Actually, here's my question.  If you think that Tiruin and I are cultists, when do you think we were recruited?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: May 17, 2013, 11:28:52 pm »

You mean bellsounder? I just read that yesterday. It's apparently the source of Leafsnail's powers.

Hmm...there are similarities, but that game was a lot more straightforward than this one, I think.

...meh.

Snuff Okami All

Does anyone else think snuffing the red-lit teals might be a good idea?
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: May 17, 2013, 11:31:18 pm »

I think it might be a waste of time.  Why were you so worried about them?  I don't think I quite understood your argument--something about being "locked in?"
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: May 17, 2013, 11:33:06 pm »

Does anyone else think snuffing the red-lit teals might be a good idea?

Maybe. I think we should snuff one or two and then relight them just to test the waters. If they come back alright then we'll just fix the candles manually. If not we'll stay away. For now though we should probably put Okami on probation as it were. Unless he can explain the redness away.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: May 17, 2013, 11:36:03 pm »

Nope, I don't think we should put him under probation.  I think we should kill him.  We don't have time to waste dicking around with our teals when we have scum to kill.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: May 18, 2013, 12:36:01 am »

Nope, I don't think we should put him under probation.  I think we should kill him.  We don't have time to waste dicking around with our teals when we have scum to kill.
Agreed. I only meant that it might be giving the scum power or something. Locking us out of lighting our teals can't be all there is to it. For all I know, it might be why there were able to destroy rather than simply snuff candles last night.

Something or somebody is changing the way the game works, and I don't know who or why. That reminds me of Rysith's semibastard more than bellsounder...there has to be a rhyme or reason to it...

Since Tiruin helped out the high priest, I don't think we have a good idea of how bad things really are. (I don't have a good reason to doubt Tiruin's action, since the HP was in a bad way before, and he seems to be much better now)

Onyxjew: Could you please demonstrate your power? Can you change your anti-vote after you cast it, like a normal vote?
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: May 18, 2013, 01:21:10 am »

*Fidgets and flops around all unconscious-like.*

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Night 5
« Reply #938 on: May 18, 2013, 04:15:24 am »

Evidence, please.  I have an inspection which I believe confirms both his role and alignment.
Your inspect means nothing to me. His role? His alignment? Who do you think you are? And since when has an inspection been proof? Bring me evidence that your inspection means anything.

The real question is why are we assuming that our Teals are good? It supposedly brings us closer to the gods right? That's odd, considering Okami has a power that allows him to light as many Teals as are being voted. Plus, I'm supposed to believe his chosen god is apparently all of them?

So, combine these facts together to get that Okami wants all of the Teals lit. Nobody else has multiple gods as their chosen god, so why is he special? There is no reason to make anyone special in this game. I don't believe his power at the beginning. In fact, I'm certain something is up with it. I think he's a liar, and the only reason to believe him is what?

Nothing.

There is no reason someone is special. That should be obvious. And that's why I believe he is a spy.

I'm actually upset it took me this long to see the obvious clues.
HEY LOOK OKAMI IS POLYTHEISTIC LET'S MURDER HIM

Where have I heard that before... Oh, in real life. That's right.

Okay, after I read the quoted post I just skipped to the end of the thread.

All:
You guys are (mostly) idiots. Doesn't anybody give the slightest of fucks about the possibility of red flames not being necessarily bad? And Soli's green candle?

And didn't anybody, even the best-and-brightest Wuba, manage to connect the 'what is done will not be undone' with the fact that lit candles became a different colour? Nobody? At all? Reallly? Oh my god you suck.

Meph, can we please get a specification of the type of flame and the presence of wicks on the candlesheet?

Light Dariush's green (I want to see whether my ability changed), snuff Ottofar white because that's what we should have done long ago.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: May 18, 2013, 04:16:41 am »

For the pleasure of the stupidest:
Red flame = unsnuffable.
No wick = unlightable.
Shattered = what we should be trying to solve, you dumbfucks.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: May 18, 2013, 06:31:23 am »

PFP

Dariush has a point here, I see no reason to suppose that all the red flame candles are corrupted or somesuch just because the flame is a different colour.

Now we have three votes, I think it would behoove us to snuff confirmed scum white, light the white of any confirmed town that are snuffed and light confirmed town greens, in roughly that order of priority. Using all of our votes on a single person seems woefully inefficient.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: May 18, 2013, 08:14:45 am »

Oh, I forgot about the third vote. Snuff Ford's green. I'm still vary of him due to the roleblock of N1 giving scum one less action, attacking ONR, who gets all the town points IMO and wasting all votes on him while ignoring confirmed scum Ottofar. As a nifty bonus, if the scent rules haven't changed, we'll learn his alignment. It's a win-win, really.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: May 18, 2013, 08:20:27 am »

My guess is that shattered candles are related to the scum wincon. Maybe they have to find and snuff certain candles?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: May 18, 2013, 08:34:49 am »

...I still don't get your point there Web. Call me what you want, you've to realize that we're operating on different frequencies of thoughts. No need to persuade via assertiveness. ;P

So you think that there's two scum groups, in other words?

Hmm.  I'm not sure about cult.  I think we have an Ottofar + someone else pair, and then there's ONR.  This is starting to remind me a lot of Bellringer.
Regardless of whether Okami is cult or not, I want all of his candles snuffed. However, I will assume he is cult, and I will also assume that you and Tiruin are cultists. Dariush and Onyxjew were simply stolen off the list Okami stated, but they are unknowns.

Plus, this makes sense for Solifuge's warning yesterday.
I'd like to prod you on these thoughts first. Why do you think I'm a cultist or whatever else? Because I'm not voting Okami, huh.

Well, tell you what--the only notice of a red fire? That happened to the end lynch/light/snuff during Day 5 too, so I didn't attribute that to Okami directly then.

Check it, handsome.

Nextly, read what I say before shouting your mouth off--I appreciate the level of thought you've got there, but you're jumpy; jumpy in the way that you see information more as a trading tool than a general aid.

I stated my case on why I didn't light my teal yesterday, hopefully you'd have checked before shouting your mouth off. I'll state it again (because darn do you sound grumpy): Here. While it doesn't go along your mode of thought like 'OMG CATCH!', it was suspicious in the way it was presented.

Information, for a vote.

Pretty simple, given that he's an Elder Priest role--he said something about breaking balance. Okami: Clarify please. Balance?

Agreed. I only meant that it might be giving the scum power or something. Locking us out of lighting our teals can't be all there is to it. For all I know, it might be why there were able to destroy rather than simply snuff candles last night.

Something or somebody is changing the way the game works, and I don't know who or why. That reminds me of Rysith's semibastard more than bellsounder...there has to be a rhyme or reason to it...

Since Tiruin helped out the high priest, I don't think we have a good idea of how bad things really are. (I don't have a good reason to doubt Tiruin's action, since the HP was in a bad way before, and he seems to be much better now)
Let me detail what I got from helping the High Priest. I'm not sure if it helped or not.

I prayed to Nirian, beseeching her to relieve his torment. A sense of comfort and approval filled the area for a few minutes, followed by me feeling good and sleeping a nice night of feeling that I've done something good.

Hooray. [Rysith's semi-what?]

And didn't anybody, even the best-and-brightest Wuba, manage to connect the 'what is done will not be undone' with the fact that lit candles became a different colour? Nobody? At all? Reallly? Oh my god you suck.
...Shattered candle, for one. I've been prodding it since when it was mentioned.

Firstly, candles can't be changed--but the strange part is, the effects of said candles seem to stem from their wick (indicating the fuel source...which means its not the candles that are holy/divine [acting only as color codes], but the wicks that fuel them).

Why I'm prodding Nerjin and the rest for their powers, Webadict, and mostly everyone else interested? Its a new day, its a new time. People's powers have changed. Come tell me that there's still a hell lot to hide.

Webadict: You can curse my name for eternity for asking you this, but please answer it. Why are you acting so uppity about people requesting for information? Do you see it as a threat?

...You've gone all uppity at the apparent dawn of today, why is that?

So we've got three choices. We all know that being in the healing hall seemingly clears the player from the game--why aren't we snuffing Ottofar's white anymore? It isn't that pale ivory color like yesterday, it seems.

Snuff Ottofar's White Candle.

Okami, report on that Balance bit regarding the new day please.

Web, Nerjin, what do you think about the Teal candles--we're the only people left without them lit!

Also, let me round about your question to you Webadict, why didn't you light your Teal yesterday?

My guess is that shattered candles are related to the scum wincon. Maybe they have to find and snuff certain candles?
...How? This question goes both for the first sentence, and the second.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: May 18, 2013, 09:31:20 am »

Fuck. I totally missed the Vector's candle had a red flame too.

Unvote.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 108