Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 108

Author Topic: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Game Over  (Read 200431 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Day 6
« Reply #900 on: May 17, 2013, 09:50:38 pm »

What I mean is that powers could be determined by a table and dice roll, with a range of powers. It's logical that such an arrangement would have a couple of OP powers which aren't likely to occur.
That is such a big stretch it's ridiculous.
And don't use the word logical. That is not logical.
Why is it such a big stretch? It's what I would do if I was the GM, it's been done in previous mafias and this is a section of the forums that is filled with dice rolling. Why is this not logical? It's not good mafia protocol to say something is bad because it is.
Because we're not playing Retard Central.

We're playing a game. One that's been planned out. You do not plan out a game only to make significant portions of it rely on RNG.

Who are the cultists?  I have no frickin' clue without a reread.

This is what I'm trying to say: maybe teal-lighting is a cult, of a different sort (so that removes the vote pileup problem).  We don't know we're cult members, but things like inspections act like the cult is town and the town is scum.

Of course, by the numbers on my inspection (and the assumption that we have the usual informed minority vs. uninformed majority) this doesn't make sense, but it's an idea.
I SAID NAMES.

NAMES. NAMES. NAMES. NAMES. NAMES. NAMES. NAMES. NAMES. NAMES. NAMES. NAMES. NAMES. NAMES. NAMES. NAMES. NAMES. NAMES.

CAN YOU READ ENGLISH?!? DO I NEED A TRANSLATOR FOR YOU? SPRECHEN SIE ENGLISCH?!?! I CAN TRY GOOGLE TRANSLATOR IF YOU NEED IT, BUT I CAN'T PROMISE COMPREHENSION!

YES, THERE IS A DRAWBACK. IN CASE YOU HAVEN'T NOTICED, EVERYONE WITH A RED LIGHT ON A TEAL CANDLE IS GETTING THE SAME MESSAGES!
It looks like we have a genius among us! I was beginning to think no one was noticing. Notice how Vector DID NOT RECEIVE THIS MESSAGE.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: May 17, 2013, 09:56:15 pm »

I was primarily talking to Nerjin, because DUH.

I want to see what Okami has to say, but we didn't lose like the voice in your heads told the guys with teals yesterday, and no I'm not part of a cult. But my teal is now lit, and useless, and the only way to get any use of it is to snuff it and light it again, essentially wasting an action.

Okami has effectively locked out our teal candles. I seriously didn't expect this bastardry out of him.

In any case, if the scum are trying to destroy our greens before we get the chance to use them, I think we need to start activating them.

Snuff Okami White
Light Remuthra Green
Light NQT Green
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: May 17, 2013, 09:59:41 pm »

WTF? Get rid of Okami!

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: May 17, 2013, 10:02:07 pm »

What's your reasoning for snuffing more of Okami's candles than the White one?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: May 17, 2013, 10:02:36 pm »

Hmmm.

I feel my teal, Ottofar's teal, and Okami's teal.  Besides the red color on mine, is there any real difference?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: May 17, 2013, 10:04:27 pm »

I also got the "storm isn't over yet" message.

I DO NOT HAVE ANY FUCKING NAMES, WEB, AND SHOUTING LOUDER WON'T GET YOU ANY MORE.  Jesus Christ.

Snuff Okami All
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: May 17, 2013, 10:05:57 pm »

I have a new power that allows me to ask questions directly of Derala.

Last night, I asked how many candles were associated with rooting out the danger to the temple.  I got a sequence of images: two lights appear and then fade, and then three lights appear and fade.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: May 17, 2013, 10:08:12 pm »

I have a new power that allows me to ask questions directly of Derala.

How incredibly convenient!

Quote from: Same one
Last night, I asked how many candles were associated with rooting out the danger to the temple.  I got a sequence of images: two lights appear and then fade, and then three lights appear and fade.

So we... Knock out two lights and then... Three lights? What? Um... I dunno.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: May 17, 2013, 10:12:49 pm »

What's your reasoning for snuffing more of Okami's candles than the White one?
Seriously? Did you NOT just read the same thread as I did? The one that said that Tiruin can revive a player?

I also got the "storm isn't over yet" message.

I DO NOT HAVE ANY FUCKING NAMES, WEB, AND SHOUTING LOUDER WON'T GET YOU ANY MORE.  Jesus Christ.

Snuff Okami All
Sure you don't Vector Okami Tiruin Onyxjew Dariush.

Holy Christ, you're useless. At least you're smart enough to lie even if you're stupid enough to get caught doing it late.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: May 17, 2013, 10:17:16 pm »

Tiruin can revive a player for one day. In addition, candle changes are much more permanent now.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: May 17, 2013, 10:18:53 pm »

. . . I'm going to say it one last time: if I'm part of a cult, I don't know it.  And furthermore, I have no idea why you think I'm a cultist.

On what are you basing your information?  And what do you think I'm lying about?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: May 17, 2013, 10:22:05 pm »

Honestly, webadict, you're at this point just yelling things at people without any evidence, and expecting everyone to take it as fact. Maybe you should throw up a formal theory with actual evidence?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: May 17, 2013, 10:24:59 pm »

Tiruin can revive a player for one day. In addition, candle changes are much more permanent now.
OH ARE THEY? SO WHAT YOU'RE SAYING IS THAT YOU BELIEVE TIRUIN?

SURE THING, BUDDY. USING IT ON HIS WHITE IS CLEARLY ENOUGH FOR WHATEVER REASON YOU WANT, SCUMBAG.

. . . I'm going to say it one last time: if I'm part of a cult, I don't know it.  And furthermore, I have no idea why you think I'm a cultist.

On what are you basing your information?  And what do you think I'm lying about?
Sure you don't. And I don't know what clouds look like. See, we're both terrible at lying! You're lying about the clouds and your abilities.

Honestly, webadict, you're at this point just yelling things at people without any evidence, and expecting everyone to take it as fact. Maybe you should throw up a formal theory with actual evidence?
How about you shove your face in a garbage disposal? You're seemingly okay with extinguishing one White when you have:

1) No idea what actions are out there!
2) No understanding that someone might lie!
3) No ability to comprehend anything!
4) Soup where your brain matter should be!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: May 17, 2013, 10:32:44 pm »

. . . Which abilities do you think I'm lying about?  Seriously, dude, there are no lies happening.

I realize that you're trying to crack me, and yes, I will sit here as you yell at me until you're sure I'm town, but this is starting to get a little bit boring.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: May 17, 2013, 10:34:15 pm »

OH ARE THEY? SO WHAT YOU'RE SAYING IS THAT YOU BELIEVE TIRUIN?

SURE THING, BUDDY. USING IT ON HIS WHITE IS CLEARLY ENOUGH FOR WHATEVER REASON YOU WANT, SCUMBAG.

Sure you don't. And I don't know what clouds look like. See, we're both terrible at lying! You're lying about the clouds and your abilities.

How about you shove your face in a garbage disposal? You're seemingly okay with extinguishing one White when you have:

1) No idea what actions are out there!
2) No understanding that someone might lie!
3) No ability to comprehend anything!
4) Soup where your brain matter should be!
You call me scum, and yet I've yet to see anything here but telling others what you feel is right without actually providing any evidence to support it or even anything close to proof you are not scum. Emulating your tone here so you might be able to actually listen,

INSULTS ARE NOT REASONS! GET THAT THROUGH YOUR SKULL!
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 108