Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 108

Author Topic: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Game Over  (Read 200440 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Day 6
« Reply #885 on: May 17, 2013, 09:14:39 pm »

Do not listen to Tiruin.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: May 17, 2013, 09:17:04 pm »

If you're going to accuse, at least give reasons behind it.

So I'll begin. Why?

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Night 5
« Reply #887 on: May 17, 2013, 09:19:15 pm »

Nerjin, Power? Same for the rest who hasn't claimed...Reasons on why you aren't claiming?

Do not listen to Tiruin.

CONFLICTING URGES!!!

Tiruin why should I claim? I've already given my reasons for not doing so.

Web Why do you say that?

More for Tiruin

Where do you think it came from? Okami offers everyone's Teal candles lit and you just expect that to work with no down-sides? It smelled funny from the start and it doesn't make sense that it wouldn't have drawbacks.

I don't trust anything from Okami right now.

Unvote

Snuff all Okami's candles Until Okami can explain his power more and why the candles turned red.

Okami ARE YOU A CULT-LEADER OR A THIRD PARTY?
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: May 17, 2013, 09:21:38 pm »

Where do you think it came from? Okami offers everyone's Teal candles lit and you just expect that to work with no down-sides? It smelled funny from the start and it doesn't make sense that it wouldn't have drawbacks.
If candles are related to Gods, the supernatural and most other things which relate to abilities, then yeah, I think it came from something--said something is the point of my inquiry.

Also, down-side? How is that a down-side to you? Most people reacted to a simple flare as a downside when I prodded Solifuge.

Also, the High Priest never answered that thing about our religious hierarchy :/ (but there are things such as Elder Priests or whatnot)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: May 17, 2013, 09:24:09 pm »

If candles are related to Gods, the supernatural and most other things which relate to abilities, then yeah, I think it came from something--said something is the point of my inquiry.

Also, down-side? How is that a down-side to you? Most people reacted to a simple flare as a downside when I prodded Solifuge.

Also, the High Priest never answered that thing about our religious hierarchy :/ (but there are things such as Elder Priests or whatnot)

Nothing in this world is free my friend. Why do you assume that Okami's offer is a good thing? It seems like a trap to me and it should to you too. No competent mod would give a power that helps one side so heavy handedly. There HAS to be a catch.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: May 17, 2013, 09:27:08 pm »

Nothing in this world is free my friend. Why do you assume that Okami's offer is a good thing? It seems like a trap to me and it should to you too. No competent mod would give a power that helps one side so heavy handedly. There HAS to be a catch.
Not neccesarily. There could be a RNG element involved with power assignment. Alternatively, the catch might be that scum want their teals lit as well.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: May 17, 2013, 09:31:34 pm »

I SAID DO NOT LISTEN TO TIRUIN. MY BAD, I SHOULD HAVE WRITTEN READ. I UNDERSTAND YOUR CONFUSION. DO NOT DO THE THINGS TIRUIN HAS WRITTEN.

Nobody has to give you any information, you dumb broad. Do NOT act like they owe you anything. Seriously, you want reasoning? How about reasoning for why we have to give you information? Did I forget to wear my dunce cap this morning, or did we all suddenly start thinking that we only demand information first?

The reason is that giving you information will not solve anything. There is an issue here, and you're pressuring people to give up the only freedom they have. I do not trust you, because you are one of the names.

Seriously, why Nerjin? Nerjin appears to be the only remaining non-Teal besides me and you? Why didn't YOU light your Teal yesterday? It's a rather valid question.

Not neccesarily. There could be a RNG element involved with power assignment. Alternatively, the catch might be that scum want their teals lit as well.
Nerjin is right. Your defense is stupidly bizarre. In fact, Nerjin is the only player in this game that I trust completely right now.

Nothing was said about RNG when Okami said it.

Nerjin. What are the chances that you and I are the only ones with votes? Tiruin might also have a vote, but I'm afraid he's sided with Okami. He's defending Okami, but he DIDN'T light his Teal yesterday. THAT makes no sense. Something's off.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: May 17, 2013, 09:35:00 pm »

What I mean is that powers could be determined by a table and dice roll, with a range of powers. It's logical that such an arrangement would have a couple of OP powers which aren't likely to occur.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: May 17, 2013, 09:36:17 pm »

What I mean is that powers could be determined by a table and dice roll, with a range of powers. It's logical that such an arrangement would have a couple of OP powers which aren't likely to occur.
That is such a big stretch it's ridiculous.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: May 17, 2013, 09:37:00 pm »

And don't use the word logical. That is not logical.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: May 17, 2013, 09:37:48 pm »

Dude... This is Meph we're talking about here. he's done some OP things in the past but... I highly doubt that something THIS brazen and obvious would be overlooked. There HAS to be a drawback to so many candles being lit all at once.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: May 17, 2013, 09:40:20 pm »

That is such a big stretch it's ridiculous.
And don't use the word logical. That is not logical.
Why is it such a big stretch? It's what I would do if I was the GM, it's been done in previous mafias and this is a section of the forums that is filled with dice rolling. Why is this not logical? It's not good mafia protocol to say something is bad because it is.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: May 17, 2013, 09:42:57 pm »

Dude... This is Meph we're talking about here. [ S ]he's done some OP things in the past but... I highly doubt that something THIS brazen and obvious would be overlooked. There HAS to be a drawback to so many candles being lit all at once.

My apologies for the editing mistake.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: May 17, 2013, 09:47:01 pm »

Who are the cultists?  I have no frickin' clue without a reread.

This is what I'm trying to say: maybe teal-lighting is a cult, of a different sort (so that removes the vote pileup problem).  We don't know we're cult members, but things like inspections act like the cult is town and the town is scum.

Of course, by the numbers on my inspection (and the assumption that we have the usual informed minority vs. uninformed majority) this doesn't make sense, but it's an idea.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: May 17, 2013, 09:48:19 pm »

YES, THERE IS A DRAWBACK. IN CASE YOU HAVEN'T NOTICED, EVERYONE WITH A RED LIGHT ON A TEAL CANDLE IS GETTING THE SAME MESSAGES!
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 108