Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 108

Author Topic: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Game Over  (Read 200208 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Night 5
« Reply #855 on: May 17, 2013, 04:23:27 pm »

Vector's candle was lit by the lynch yesterday.

ALSO HAY GUYZ THE STORM HAS NOT YET BROKEN
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: May 17, 2013, 04:24:29 pm »

Hi.

ONR is town, and I have some data I can't really interpret.  More later, I'm writing a paper.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: May 17, 2013, 04:25:47 pm »

Also...

I feel my teal candle for heat, and try to see if it has a distinguishing scent. I do the same for all of the other candles. (I don't know why I didn't bother trying to check for scents this way before)

PPE: Toaster
Vector's candle was lit by the lynch yesterday.
Oh! Well, my second question still stands.

PPE: Vector

Welp, never mind. My questions are answered.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: May 17, 2013, 04:36:30 pm »

PFP
Hey.

Hey everyone.

I targeted the High Priest with my Revive ability. It worked...or as far as feeling good from doing a benevolent act is.

I got some information last night. The Storm has not yet broken.
...Is that it? From your teal candles, that's it?

Hi.

ONR is town, and I have some data I can't really interpret.  More later, I'm writing a paper.
Could'ya give the data for us to interpret for you?

I seriously did not expect to wake up alive today. I'm shaken about what happened, but mostly I'm pissed off that no one extended the day. (Every time a day has ended, it's been when I'm at work and before I had a good chance to figure out what to do)

Okami: What. Did. You. Do.
...Why?

You have Three votes now, instead of Two.
Oh wow, no mention of balance and the shift onto 3 votes which can be spread anywhichway comes.

Try to approach the high priest and stop at the distance where I was blasted away earlier--try to greet him and tell him that the storm isn't over.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: May 17, 2013, 04:38:31 pm »

No, I'm not sure how much information I should give from it, because there's some specific details that the scum perhaps shouldn't know.

So I'll give you that later once I've had a chance to calm my brain a little.  Sorry, that was supposed to be a "just wait a bit and it will be here" flag.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: May 17, 2013, 04:41:05 pm »

Oh, hey, new questions.

Okami: Did your ability work as advertised? Was it supposed to create a red flame?

Tiruin: Did you use your revive on Vector last night? Never mind.

PPE: Tiruin, Vector
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: May 17, 2013, 04:45:33 pm »

Tiruin: Did you use your revive on Vector last night? Never mind.
> It was a night action and not a day action.
> Vector was already white candle'd...so I couldn't logically use it on her--used it instead on the only other person that was 'unconscious'.

No, I'm not sure how much information I should give from it, because there's some specific details that the scum perhaps shouldn't know.

So I'll give you that later once I've had a chance to calm my brain a little.  Sorry, that was supposed to be a "just wait a bit and it will be here" flag.
Rest well Vector!

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: May 17, 2013, 04:50:21 pm »

Alright, now my power has changed. For the worse, I believe. I think lighting my Teal caused it. Anyway, just for posterity's sake, I got the 'storm not ended' message.

New Power: Can specifically vote against another vote to nullify. I.e. Against Snuff Ottofar Green is for example text.

So, yeah. Hopefully I'll find a use for this, but with three votes it's pretty likely.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: May 17, 2013, 04:53:44 pm »

Using your revive on the HP was certainly creative...I wonder if that might have saved us the game, given yesterday's message from on high.

Also, all the candles are emitting the expected amount of heat, and I didn't get any scents off of any of them.

Meph: Do the candles that lit with a red flame yesterday still have a red flame now? And is the "expected amount of heat" the same as the other lit candles?

Onyx: Sounds like your ability is effectively the same, you just have to do it publicly now. My ability wasn't affected by my teal being lit. Could you please ask Meph is he merely forgot to change your ability yesterday?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: May 17, 2013, 05:00:28 pm »

Meph: Do the candles that lit with a red flame yesterday still have a red flame now? And is the "expected amount of heat" the same as the other lit candles?

Candles that had a red flame yesterday still have a red flame.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: May 17, 2013, 05:06:05 pm »

Oh wow, no mention of balance and the shift onto 3 votes which can be spread anywhichway comes.
Buh...I didn't notice either of those things until you pointed them out.

Why three votes.

Meph: Can we still only light two candles today?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: May 17, 2013, 05:29:45 pm »

Buh...I didn't notice either of those things until you pointed them out.

Why three votes.

Meph: Can we still only light two candles today?

No, now the top 3 voted candles will be effected.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: May 17, 2013, 05:45:40 pm »

Okami: How does your inspect work? What are you inspecting exactly? I asked you yesterday, but the day ended before I got an answer.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: May 17, 2013, 05:51:09 pm »

I just realized there was no scent from Solifuge's white candle. And that might be because it has no wick. But where did the wick go?

I demand an immediate cavity search until the missing wick is found.

Meph: Can we simply replace the missing wick? Was it just lopped off at the top? Or does it look like the entire wick was extracted from the candle?

Also, I feel for the missing wick to make sure it's actually missing.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: May 17, 2013, 06:03:37 pm »

Try to approach the high priest and stop at the distance where I was blasted away earlier--try to greet him and tell him that the storm isn't over.

The High Priest does not respond.

Meph: Can we simply replace the missing wick? Was it just lopped off at the top? Or does it look like the entire wick was extracted from the candle?

Also, I feel for the missing wick to make sure it's actually missing.

It appears that the wick is simply gone. There is, in fact, no evidence that a wick was ever in the candle.
Come play Mafia with us!
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 108