Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 108

Author Topic: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Game Over  (Read 199948 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Day 5 dawns at last
« Reply #840 on: May 14, 2013, 05:48:51 pm »

...Ok, people voting Otto's White, are you sure that this is your choice?

Reason is as follows: I'm inclined to believe that (judging by flavor and the priest's eyes bleeding blood) we've either got until tonight to finish this right, or tomorrow morning.

The omen of blood from anyone's eyes (usually statues in a religious make, though I've never heard stories of blood from the living's eyes...) usually indicates bad stuff coming. Yes, I'm being general, because this is what usually happens in stories with those (which are, obviously, in a religious area and used to foretell disaster because 'the masses didn't listen' and all). Now, in game time terms I'm betting this means that we still have time to ratify what to do...because darned be I if this day is our last day and all.

...Ok, I'm on little time and am sure I won't make it on the dot to the day end but believe what I'm saying about blood from the eyes, please. Being in a country with a long background of stories such as these (and multiple ghost stories, folktales of mythological lore and many other things concerning the supernatural...), I know what I'm talking about regarding that point.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: May 14, 2013, 05:52:04 pm »

Thank you, Snuff Ottofar White Go Bandwagon, go!
Lol scum.
I would normally respond with something to the effect of "Legends tell of a comment, where the sarcasm was so thick it could be cut with a wet sock filled with decadent melting butter.", but that is just asking for us to devolve into an idiotic argument where both are calling to the other an imbecile for missing their obvious sarcasm. So I'll just leave it with this misleading and nigh-pointless set of sentences.

Also, Webadict, why are you trying to snuff my white?

Unsnuff Ottofar's White.
Snuff Ottofar's Green.

I'm willing to give a different approach a chance. I'm not sure about this "eyes bleeding blood" and "Bad things coming" flavor-text, but the repetition argument is enough for me.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: May 14, 2013, 06:25:18 pm »

Unvote All

Just to be safe. Now as I notice Ottofar's little... Addition...

Snuff Ottofar'sGreen
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: May 14, 2013, 06:36:49 pm »

...lantern oil. Okay, maybe you're right.

Snuff Ottofar Teal

But the problem is that Ottofar's Green lit by itself on Night 2. Snuffing his green isn't going to do anything.

Hell, at this point, I don't care if he uses his ability. This is bullshit.

Why am I the only one who thinks that the warning corresponded to Okami's ability? I don't get what the hell anyone is doing.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: May 14, 2013, 06:51:17 pm »

Snuff Ottofar Teal

Because depriving the Scum of ProTips will do anything practical at all. Sure thing, scumbucket. Let me get right on that.

RE: Soli is a whiny bitch:
Judging by the current strategic meta for B12 Mafia, I have two options for getting people's attention when presenting an argument to keep them from doing something dumb and losing the game; cuss at them, shout, and belittle them until they listen to me, or plead for them to listen to me. I prefer trying to appeal to Pathos and Logos. Personally, I'm sick of the culture of negativity that's been breeding in the subforum; jibes are one thing, calling someone a retarded fuckface with real hostility behind it is something very different. I can think of some folks who need to learn that boundary.

Also, I never requested nor would request a replacement like that... that would be poor sportsmanship, and dickery besides. Nevertheless, sorry that post was annoying for you, but I promise it bothers me a lot more when the shit-flinging happens. I have patience for many things, but personal attacks are not one of them, and I am a very passionate person. Luckily, I keep it under a few padlocks, unless I need it.

RE: Losing:
How does the storm signify LYLO? It could mean ANY NUMBER OF THINGS! Changing powers for one. Maybe some rules have changed behind the scenes.
The storm doesn't have to mean LYLO, but it definitely means the end is near. And I think it's tied to changing powers, or different circumstances for the day.

Also, the whole "You Must Light and Snuff a candle today" sounds a lot like a "Dance of Light and Darkness". I believe we might be seeing Ottofar's role-power at the same time as the End-Game is beginning. That's what I meant earlier in the Day, CaptainFord; Ottofar is the one responsible. It has the potential to benefit scum, and restricts the actions the Town can take. With a strong Day-game, the Scumteam could have turned it into something very profitable.

You're being rude to EVERY SINGLE PLAYER for no reason other than that you can't handle a loss because you've got your head stuck so far up your ass.

Heh, weird wording here. You say we're losing, yet are okay with this. Under other circumstances, my Red Alert siren would be going off there... but I think you meant me losing in the Scum sense? The benefit of the doubt is yours.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: May 14, 2013, 07:08:52 pm »

Also, Webadict, why are you trying to snuff my white?
Because you were gone for over a week.

Why am I the only one who thinks that the warning corresponded to Okami's ability? I don't get what the hell anyone is doing.
You're not. That's why I'm not going to light my Teal. I don't want anyone to light my Teal. I have no reason to believe that it's good other than everyone else says so. So, it might just be a giant conspiracy to get everyone to light their Teal candles.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: May 14, 2013, 07:12:43 pm »

I suppose I could see Teal Candles and Closeness to the Gods also ushering in the endgame. The HP said "The Gods are close today" but I interpreted that as the Duality Douchebag Gods.

That is entirely possible, but if teal was linked to their Wincon, you'd think we'd have seen Scum lighting teal candles in the night, instead of snuffing whites and greens. No?

All teal has done for me is give me Protips during the night.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: May 14, 2013, 07:16:16 pm »

Maybe it's a different faction? Maybe there are multiple factions? Maybe it's a recruit thing? Maybe maybe maybe. All I know is that Teal is useless to me and I refuse to light mine.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: May 14, 2013, 07:19:19 pm »

I think that's fine, Web. You can be the ornery, spiritually-unenlightened monk we keep around the temple because he's fun at parties.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: May 14, 2013, 07:22:04 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Light Captain Ford Teal: Captain Ford
Light Dariush Teal: Dariush
Light notquitethere Teal: notquitethere
Light Onyxjew944 Teal: Onyxjew944
Snuff Onyxjew944 White: webadict
Snuff Ottofar Green: Nerjin, Onyxjew944, Remuthra, Solifuge, Tiruin, Toaster
Snuff Ottofar Teal: Captain Ford
Snuff Ottofar White: Dariush, Okami No Rei
Snuff webadict Green: notquitethere
Light Remuthra Teal: Remuthra
Light Toaster Green: Tiruin
Light Toaster Teal: Toaster
Light Vector White: Okami No Rei, webadict, Solifuge

You step up onto your disks, and cast your final votes.

Ottofar's Green candle crackles violently for a moment, and then goes still. Its wick is gone.

Vector's White candle surges to life once again. Its flame is a deep red, and does not flicker and move as much as you would expect.

Captain Ford's, Dariush's, notquitethere's, Onyxjew944's, Remuthra's, and Toaster's Teal candles flicker to life. Their flames are also a deep red, and do not flicker and move as much as you would expect.

Pondering these strange effects, you head back to your rooms to pray for guidance and rest up for tomorrow. A great weight lays over the room, as if in anticipation.

Night has fallen. Send in your actions!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Day 6 is Troubled
« Reply #850 on: May 17, 2013, 04:07:19 pm »

A sense of power still looms over the Great Chamber. And yet...the feeling is a bit more removed, as if it has been pushed back a bit.

The High Priest still floats above the candles, and still seems insensate, but the blood is gone from his face and he seems to be much more at peace.

As for the candles, they are much as they were when you left yesterday.

However, Solifuge’s White candle is out, and it no longer has a wick. His Green candle is even worse. Something has shattered it, and pieces of green wax are scattered about. He himself is resting once again in the Healing Hall. Alive, but unconscious.

The Candles stand thus:

Captain Ford: White Candle is lit, Green Candle is lit, Teal Candle is lit
    Dariush: White Candle is lit, Green Candle is out, Teal Candle is lit
    Nerjin: White Candle is lit, Green Candle is lit, Teal Candle is out
    notquitethere: White Candle is lit, Green Candle is out, Teal Candle is lit
    Okami No Rei: White Candle is lit, Green Candle is lit, Teal Candle is lit
    Onyxjew944: White Candle is lit, Green Candle is lit, Teal Candle is lit
    Ottofar: White Candle is lit, Green Candle is out, Teal Candle is lit
    webadict: White Candle is lit, Green Candle is lit, Teal Candle is out
    Remuthra: White Candle is lit, Green Candle is out, Teal Candle is lit
    Solifuge: White Candle is out, Green Candle is shattered, Teal Candle is lit
    Tiruin: White Candle is lit, Green Candle is lit, Teal Candle is out
    Toaster: White Candle is lit, Green Candle is out, Teal Candle is lit
    Vector: White Candle is lit, Green Candle is lit, Teal Candle is lit

You have Three votes now, instead of Two.

The day has started. It will go until ~5pm Pacific Wednesday.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Night 5
« Reply #851 on: May 17, 2013, 04:14:20 pm »

I seriously did not expect to wake up alive today. I'm shaken about what happened, but mostly I'm pissed off that no one extended the day. (Every time a day has ended, it's been when I'm at work and before I had a good chance to figure out what to do)

Okami: What. Did. You. Do.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: May 17, 2013, 04:15:12 pm »

Well, I think Okami's thing worked.

I got some information last night. The Storm has not yet broken.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: May 17, 2013, 04:21:07 pm »

Yeah, I got the exact same message as Remuthra.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: May 17, 2013, 04:22:03 pm »

I got some information last night. The Storm has not yet broken.
I got the same exact message. Not exactly the helpful advice I was hoping to receive from Avos. I suspect something isn't as advertised.

...Vector's white candle is lit!

Meph: Why is the change in Vector's candle not noted? Is Vector herself present with us in the chamber?
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 108