Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 108

Author Topic: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Game Over  (Read 200055 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Day 5 dawns at last
« Reply #825 on: May 14, 2013, 08:15:29 am »

Onyxjew944, do you even read the thread?

I do not understand how people fail to see that the storm signifies LYLO. Snuffing Ottofar's White Candle has not and does not kill Ottofar the way it does Town players, as we have seen. But since only two people are even reading this sentence, I'm pretty much willing to call Good Game right here. Scumteam, you don't deserve this victory; all you had to do was lurk and let the Town lose the game for you.

Anyway, Light Vector's White, and Snuff Ottofar's Green

On the off-chance that anyone actually is reading this, and for some reason you think that snuffing Ottofar's White candle over and over again constitutes solving the puzzle or winning the game... please think, for just a moment, that you may be mistaken. Green signifies the powers of a player. What is the powers the Scumteam in most every Mafia game have? What would taking that power away from the Scumteam do?

-snip-
Dude, I understand your whole #1 Webadict Fanboy routine, and how you've been trying to crib his loud, commanding, devil-may-care attitude, so people take you more seriously in game. But please, realize that when it's you doing it, it just comes across as negative and bitchy. Do you want to know Webadict's secret? Why it is that he gets to sling shit around and curse and insult people? It's because he's a competent Mafia player, known for good arguments and fairly sound reasoning. Crap-slinging and insulting players does not magically make you good at the game. For your own sake, and for everyone else's, just stop it. You haven't earned the right to be an ass to anyone.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: May 14, 2013, 08:22:15 am »

The Flame of Ottofar's White Candle turns into a pale Ivory color, and a halo of White light surrounds it.
I'd be damned if this was an upgraded version of my Nourish.

Snuff Ottofar's Pale Ivory (which should be White) Candle
REDACTED

WARNING: Just got a bit of divine wisdom: "You are in grave danger of losing."
...'You'?

Hooray....Wait, how and when did you get this?

Instead, I wish to Light Vector White.
...Vector's either coming back tomorrow due to my power, or if her white is lit back, she'll be vulnerable in the night (though can do her...improved inspect or something) but we'll be forfeiting any other lighting of any candle.

Scum most likely didn't send that message Because Ottofar is Scum, we already know this, snuffing his White Candle has so far had no effect, and manages to relight (possibly automatically) every night. Also, if Scum could send a message, why not explicitly say "Snuffing Ottofar's Candle puts you at a grave risk of losing", which would leave no room for interpretation on my part? Also, note that the description on Ottofar's White Candle being "snuffed" is that the flame pulls into the wick, rather than being snuffed, every time. I suspect it keeps its flame, and auto-relights as part of his powers.
Ok, bolded part catches my eye. Automatically? So you don't think that there's a spent action on his candle then?

Also, why would they be explicit as opposed to not being explicit?

The last sentence does make sense though, his power (if it hasn't changed) was the Dance of Sun and Moon--by wording, this doesn't seem to relate with his White candle. That's as far as I'm guessing.

PPE: Dar
...Day ends Tuesday. It's Tuesday, 9:15pm here. Day's going to end in my morning...we can't extend, can we?

...Will try to revive the High Priest.

PPE Sol.

Snuff Ottofar's Green Candle

On the off-chance that anyone actually is reading this, and for some reason you think that snuffing Ottofar's White candle over and over again constitutes solving the puzzle or winning the game... please think, for just a moment, that you may be mistaken. Green signifies the powers of a player. What is the powers the Scumteam in most every Mafia game have? What would taking that power away from the Scumteam do?
Something to ponder upon. The HP mentioned that the riddle lies in the candles, yet by far I'm not seeing anything in relation to the previous hints--we've gotten the light trick, but I fear that's the superficial details of this. There are people who haven't claimed their action, by the way (who I fear are being useless town rather than scum but that's me acting on the benefit of the doubt), this points out that scum are the key point to the game. No tricks, its all in scum's hands. Their wincon, however vague, is also a confusing factor. Can't see what they're trying to do (unless it goes along the lines of: BLEED THE HIGH PRIEST TO DEATH BECAUSE OF THE INCOMPETENCE OF THE PRIESTS, or in other words: Doomspeaker wincon!)

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: May 14, 2013, 09:08:56 am »

Can anyone present a reason we SHOULDN'T snuff Ottofar's Green instead of his White? It'll delay the scumteam just the same as snuffing his white, but it will also prevent him from using his powers, and hopefully from driving us any closer to our doom here... and since I suspect his power is what is preventing him from being killed (and not Scum voting to relight his candle) breaking his power is the way out of this cycle.

Yeah, my white was hammered already, I think.

Also got the piece of advice about being in grave danger of losing, thought it was a prod, but apparently it wasn't. There's no reason I haven't been posting, except forgetfulness, and partly laziness.

My power didn't change, don't know why, perhaps because it's just some dance.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: May 14, 2013, 10:45:49 am »

vomit
You're either unimaginably stupid or simply scum who refuses to answer questions due to being unimaginably stupid. I have accused you of WIFOM and ignoring HP's note about irreversible votes. Now get to answering, fuckface.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: May 14, 2013, 10:51:58 am »

Your only question was
Soli, Soli... You had a perfectly good choice of a whole subforum of people to imitate. Why would you pick NQT, of all people?
followed by commentary...I see nothing which he based on NQT there.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: May 14, 2013, 10:52:23 am »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Light Captain Ford Teal: Captain Ford
LightDariush Teal: Dariush, Nerjin
Lightnotquitethere Teal: notquitethere
LightOnyxjew944 Teal: Onyxjew944
Snuff Onyxjew944 White: webadict
Snuff Ottofar Green: Remuthra, Solifuge, Tiruin
Snuff Ottofar White: Captain Ford, Dariush, Nerjin, Okami No Rei, Onyxjew944, Toaster
webadict Green: notquitethere
LightRemuthra Teal: Remuthra
LightToaster Green: Tiruin
LightToaster Teal: Toaster
LightVector White: Okami No Rei, webadict, Solifuge

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Today
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: May 14, 2013, 10:56:55 am »

...Although, Dariush has a point.

If we're going by flavor, I'd love to point out the crucial significance of 'Your votes matter more. What is done will not be undone!'

Which means, if Ottofar dies today, he dies, is as far as I get.

Snuff Ottofar's White Candle.

Based on the current state of events, I don't see pretty much of an agreement unless people start agreeing and stop being all held-up on the basis of scum getting knowledge.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: May 14, 2013, 11:25:34 am »

Onyxjew944, do you even read the thread?
I'm sure he does, although I'm not entirely sure he comprehends it the same way you do. Which isn't a bad thing. I'm not seeing some of the stuff you say such as:

I do not understand how people fail to see that the storm signifies LYLO. Snuffing Ottofar's White Candle has not and does not kill Ottofar the way it does Town players, as we have seen. But since only two people are even reading this sentence, I'm pretty much willing to call Good Game right here. Scumteam, you don't deserve this victory; all you had to do was lurk and let the Town lose the game for you.
[/color]
3 things: How does the storm signify LYLO? It could mean ANY NUMBER OF THINGS! Changing powers for one. Maybe some rules have changed behind the scenes.

Secondly: If snuffing Ottofar's white doesn't kill him why does he go to the healing hall every night? Someone's power if reviving him. Maybe his own, maybe someone else's. I don't know.

Lastly: I apologize to everyone for the following: Solifuge QUIT BEING A WHINY BITCH! Giving up at this point like that? You're an asshole. Dariush may be rude but he plays the game. Web may be rude but he plays the game. You're being rude to EVERY SINGLE PLAYER for no reason other than that you can't handle a loss because you've got your head stuck so far up your ass. If you're just gonna give up request a replacement so that someone who isn't just gonna sit on their ass and whine how their team is a bunch of noobs can join in instead. I mean god damnit man. If people aren't listening use LOGIC to make them listen instead of saying "Whoa is me! The entire community of this forum is a bunch of fuckin' retards.".

On the off-chance that anyone actually is reading this,

Fuck you.

and for some reason you think that snuffing Ottofar's White candle over and over again constitutes solving the puzzle or winning the game... please think, for just a moment, that you may be mistaken. Green signifies the powers of a player. What is the powers the Scumteam in most every Mafia game have? What would taking that power away from the Scumteam do?

So only players with a POWER ROLE can night-kill? No, I don't think so. Likely the scum power roles HELP with the night-kill. But I doubt the green candles themselves signify night kills.

-snip-
Dude, I understand your whole #1 Webadict Fanboy routine, and how you've been trying to crib his loud, commanding, devil-may-care attitude, so people take you more seriously in game. But please, realize that when it's you doing it, it just comes across as negative and bitchy. Do you want to know Webadict's secret? Why it is that he gets to sling shit around and curse and insult people? It's because he's a competent Mafia player, known for good arguments and fairly sound reasoning. Crap-slinging and insulting players does not magically make you good at the game. For your own sake, and for everyone else's, just stop it. You haven't earned the right to be an ass to anyone.

Hm... Yes... Yes... I see... Well that settles it. We should all bow down to the whiny bitch who knows better than everyone. You've already said you quit the game. Just go lurk in a corner.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: May 14, 2013, 11:26:11 am »

Edit: [Once again I'm sorry for the outburst but I can't stand that sorta thing...]

@Tiruin I stated earlier that if Vector was not alive tomorrow you would be lying scum. This implies if she is alive you are not. I want to redact that statement entirely. Nothing against you but if people vote her awake it doesn't really count as your power does it? Here's hoping you turn out town. I like you and you seem competent enough. That being said I'm still watching you.

@Dariush ... Well alright I suppose. Unvote DariushTeal
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: May 14, 2013, 11:40:02 am »

Someone understands how I feel after talking to Dariush back then in the day :S Not a good feeling as an aftershock...

@Tiruin I stated earlier that if Vector was not alive tomorrow you would be lying scum. This implies if she is alive you are not. I want to redact that statement entirely. Nothing against you but if people vote her awake it doesn't really count as your power does it? Here's hoping you turn out town. I like you and you seem competent enough. That being said I'm still watching you.
Technically, she'd be 'alive'--my power doesn't say it would relight her white candle though. It just states that she'd be alive for the next day phase. Clarified in the way that in the proceeding days, she's gone. Just the next day phase.

Now that's enough reason to believe that today isn't LYLO, or else I'd be having such a maligned power (or I could use it on the High Priest...which is more of a blind shot given how we can't interac-)

Tiruin moves over and tries to physically touch the HIgh Priest, hesitantly if there's any sign of what-happened-to-Solifuge-when-he-wanted-to-kiss-him.

(Testing...perhaps?)

..Okami inspected me, I'm town. If that's not enough basis, then there's something wrong with our Elder there. (Something of which the HP never stated on our hierarchy...)

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: May 14, 2013, 11:53:37 am »

Solifuge:
I do not understand how people fail to see that the storm signifies LYLO.
What?! Where the hell did you get that from? And why are you only sharing this now?

Are you even reading the thread, Solifuge, I've asked you about the same thing THREE TIMES NOW without getting a straight answer:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
So do you think you could give me a straight answer?

You are the first person to even HINT at the possibility that it's LYLO. I don't have any idea what would give you that impression, so I would really like to hear the information and logic that led to that conclusion, because from my perspective, it looks like we entered a second phase of the game.

Don't you think a dire warning received in the middle of the day would be related to something that was happening in the middle of the day?

There's a gaping flaw with your theory: How did Ottofar's green get lit in the first place? It was lit at night, so unless his green candle somehow WORKS WHEN IT'S OFF, something is wrong with your theory. If Ottofar really did light his own green candle, then it must have come from his TEAL candle.

Scum most likely didn't send that message Because Ottofar is Scum, we already know this, snuffing his White Candle has so far had no effect, and manages to relight (possibly automatically) every night. Also, if Scum could send a message, why not explicitly say "Snuffing Ottofar's Candle puts you at a grave risk of losing", which would leave no room for interpretation on my part? Also, note that the description on Ottofar's White Candle being "snuffed" is that the flame pulls into the wick, rather than being snuffed, every time. I suspect it keeps its flame, and auto-relights as part of his powers.
I'm guessing you only read the flavor from the first time his candle was snuffed. Look again:
You cast your votes. One again, Ottofar's White candle snuffs out leaving a faint scent of lantern oil. He himself slumps back down do the ground.

Why wouldn't they send a clearer message? Because it causes confusion, that's why!

You haven't got your facts straight and you're panicking for no bloody reason. Calm down and maybe answer some of the questions you've been ignoring rather than lamenting about how people aren't reading YOUR posts.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: May 14, 2013, 03:02:35 pm »

Soli does have a point that we're bashing our heads on the wall when it comes to Ottofar.

Unvote Snuff Ottofar White
Vote Snuff Ottofar Green
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: May 14, 2013, 03:05:41 pm »

@Pretty Much Everybody: One light and one snuff. Read the GM posts!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: May 14, 2013, 03:09:48 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Light Captain Ford Teal: Captain Ford
Light Dariush Teal: Dariush
Light notquitethere Teal: notquitethere
Light Onyxjew944 Teal: Onyxjew944
Snuff Onyxjew944 White: webadict
Snuff Ottofar Green: Remuthra, Solifuge, Toaster
Snuff Ottofar White: Captain Ford, Dariush, Nerjin, Okami No Rei, Onyxjew944, Tiruin
Snuff webadict Green: notquitethere
Light Remuthra Teal: Remuthra
Light Toaster Green: Tiruin
Light Toaster Teal: Toaster
Light Vector White: Okami No Rei, webadict, Solifuge

Tiruin moves over and tries to physically touch the HIgh Priest, hesitantly if there's any sign of what-happened-to-Solifuge-when-he-wanted-to-kiss-him.

Tiruin reaches out her hand, and is engulfed in crackling energy. She is lifted several feet in the air, hand still inches from the High Priest, and then thrown backwards with a deafening peal of thunder. Some acolytes help her back to her feet. She is shaken, but otherwise seems unharmed.

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Today (about 4 hours)
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: May 14, 2013, 05:15:28 pm »

Unvote ottofar's white

Snuff Ottofar's Candle [Green], because the vote count is nowhere near the expected # of 7...

Also, yay for personal space. He's st-

I believe scum are trying to get to the High Priest and weakening him by standing out the days are their goal.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 108