Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 108

Author Topic: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Game Over  (Read 200210 times)

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Day 5 dawns at last
« Reply #780 on: May 12, 2013, 04:39:41 pm »

Remuthra: Hey, didn't I ask you a question?
Remuthra, Onyxjew, Dariush, NotQuiteThere, Tiruin, Toaster: Why aren't you voting for your own teal candles? Why are most of you not voting at all? You did read Okami's post, right?

I believe I missed that post. Let me go looking.
Here's what I'm referring to:

My power changed last night.  I no longer have the inspection (Tiruin came up Town last night, by the way), but I now have the ability, with careful vote distribution, to allow us to break the balance.
If you want your own Teal lit, vote to light it, and it will be done at day end.  The rest of us need to Light Toaster's Green, and Snuff Ottofar White.
As for my power, it forces a teal light through, regardless of the number of votes, if it has at least one vote.

NQT, Toaster, Onyxjew: The same applies to you.

Nerjin: It looks like you missed this:
With that in mind, Nerjin - Your vote for Dariush's teal is currently wasted.  Why don't you want to light Toaster's green?
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: May 12, 2013, 04:43:28 pm »

To Everyone who isn't voting to light their own teal: All right, look. I want you guys to light your own damn teal candles so you can't just get away with lurking anymore. If your candles are lit, you'll have at least something to keep you involved in the game.

Extend, because seriously, where is everybody? Ottofar hasn't even posted yet.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: May 12, 2013, 04:45:57 pm »

Hmm... Well, by my reasoning, it's unlikely that this is the setup to a scum ability. It seems rather out of the way and nonsensical for it to be. My suggestion, then, si for everyone with an unlit teal candle to vote theirs and for those who have a lit teal to perform the day light. With that said,

Light Remuthra's Teal
Snuff Ottofar's White

Extend

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: May 12, 2013, 05:02:16 pm »

Nerjin: You're the only one who hasn't claimed a god. You're Andoras, correct?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: May 12, 2013, 05:05:23 pm »

PFP
To Everyone who isn't voting to light their own teal: All right, look. I want you guys to light your own damn teal candles so you can't just get away with lurking anymore. If your candles are lit, you'll have at least something to keep you involved in the game.

Extend, because seriously, where is everybody? Ottofar hasn't even posted yet.
Think of it this way: If Okami's lying--at least we'd have the Lighting correct, Toaster's Green Candle would light back.

And I'm not lurking :I

Extend

Also, no offense but Ottofar has been lurking for the past days ever since we've discovered his candle incident. I've checked the times.

Hmm... Well, by my reasoning, it's unlikely that this is the setup to a scum ability. It seems rather out of the way and nonsensical for it to be. My suggestion, then, si for everyone with an unlit teal candle to vote theirs and for those who have a lit teal to perform the day light. With that said,

Light Remuthra's Teal
Snuff Ottofar's White

Extend
...Votecount?

@Ford's Last Section: I believe that is a quote from Lord of the Rings.
^ This one. I was quoting Gandalf. ^^

Why won't you claim your God, Toaster?
Why does he have to?
Did he already? I'm just curious because the scent of incense could be attributed to any God, as it is used in mostly any religious ceremony as far as my knowledge goes.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: May 12, 2013, 05:53:51 pm »

By the way, Toaster did, in fact, claim his god. Quite some time ago, too.

Webadict: Your god is Telmorin, yes? You never said anything, I know, but Ranger softclaimed twice in a pretty obvious fashion:
@_@ ... (Prays to Telmorin for the safety of Ford during all this)
If so, are we allowed this knowledge during this test from Telmorin and his holy children?

In all his other posts, Ranger never mentioned the name of any other god. It seems a very obvious conclusion.

(P.S. Thanks for the reminder/suggestion Dariush)

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: May 12, 2013, 05:56:52 pm »

Hmm...did you get any sort of PM this morning/end of last night?
Checking... no. I haven't received anything telling me my power changed.
I was actually wondering if you'd gotten a PM at all. Mine started with "you feel things shift during the night". You didn't get anything like that?

NQT: Did you get a PM last night?
Remuthra: How about you, did you get a PM?
Nope. No PM here.

I think someone asked me why I didn't claim my power before? I didn't have a reason not to, and I didn't have a reason to. So I just ignored it. As to proving I can nullify votes, I don't really have a reason to nullify. I don't mean to insult the GM, but I haven't thought up a use for it yet as most of the votes in this game are by vast majority and a single change wouldn't actually effect. I can remove a vote if you think it's important to ensure I really can, though.

Captain
"Why not, it's not like I have anything better to do."
-Discord, Ballad

Light Onyxjew944's Teal

In other news, we did inspect and denounce Ottofar, right? Judging by popular opinion, yes, but I've been wrong about this kind of thing before.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: May 12, 2013, 06:09:19 pm »

Onyxjew: I'm the one who asked why you didn't claim before. With the gambit Okami's pulling, you're probably best off not using it today unless there's someone you think shouldn't get their teal candle lit. You could at least hold onto it until day end to cancel any last-minute shenanigans someone might pull.

It's still odd that your ability didn't change, but maybe it's because you're a follower of Telmorin.

I agree that there really haven't been any good opportunities to use your ability yet. Maybe one will show itself.

...wait...something just occurred to me. What about the vote reset? That seems very similar to your claimed ability. That wasn't you, was it?

In other news, we did inspect and denounce Ottofar, right? Judging by popular opinion, yes, but I've been wrong about this kind of thing before.
Yes, here:
Extinguish Ottofar White.
Extinguish Ottofar Teal.

The boy is scum, guys.  It says that white is attached to his soul and that the candle has a menacing feeling to it.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: May 12, 2013, 07:04:20 pm »

Extend please. Don't think I can get back to this in time, and I have the feeling the result of today will be a big deal.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: May 12, 2013, 07:50:42 pm »

NQT: Did you get a PM last night?
No, Ford, I already said I didn't.

I just trawled back and saw Okami's post lost in the torrent.

Alright. Unvote. Unvote.

Light notquitethere's teal candle

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: May 12, 2013, 08:00:04 pm »

Oh and in case we all have to snuff or else it doesn't count or something, snuff Webadict's green still. This motion won't get enough votes to actually sway anything, but I want the record to state that I think Webadict is being rude and unhelpful.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: May 12, 2013, 08:08:07 pm »

Oh and in case we all have to snuff or else it doesn't count or something, snuff Webadict's green still. ]b]This motion won't get enough votes to actually sway anything[/b], but I want the record to state that I think Webadict is being rude and unhelpful.

You are a hypocrite. How about snuffing Ottofar's white? He's confirmed scum...
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: May 12, 2013, 08:11:05 pm »

Edit: I worship Avos actually. Why do you think I worship Andoras?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: May 12, 2013, 08:18:09 pm »

Call me what you like Nerjin, Ottofar is going to be snuffed regardless. I'm letting my vote say something.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: May 12, 2013, 08:22:26 pm »

Call me what you like Nerjin, Ottofar is going to be snuffed regardless. I'm letting my vote say something.

From what I can tell, and correct me if I'm wrong please, but from what I can tell Web's "Unhelpfulness" boils down to: He's a bit rude and he didn't want to throw out what he did for the nights he was around because he felt like it would help scum.

So I can agree with the former [more on that in a second] whereas the latter is entirely justified and he STOPPED DOING THAT not too long ago so that doesn't hold water.

As for voting on someone for being rude... I apologize but that is foolish. Being rude doesn't mean one is scum otherwise Dariush would ALWAYS be scum. If you're voting someone who's not scum because they're rude than you're starting to look a little suspicious to me.

If I misinterpreted your views than feel free to correct me NQT.

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 108