Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 108

Author Topic: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Game Over  (Read 199857 times)

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Half-life 3 edition
« Reply #690 on: May 09, 2013, 02:40:58 am »

Balance is enforced. Each of you must vote to Light one Candle and Snuff one Candle today.
Mod, can two lighting or two snuffings still happen at day end?

*Tiruin moves over towards Vector's disk, looks her in the eye before moving a hand over her white candle, feeling for the sense of heat. The law of thermodynamics echoes in her mind...
...Tiruin, I'm not even going to swear or insult you, your ancestors and your dog. Just answer me, why do you keep doing this? Do you just want to pester Meph? Do you actually expect the so far unchanging (and logical) law of has a smoke = snuffed, doesn't have smoke = hidden to change? Do you expect Meph to say something useful, in public, through High Priest that he wouldn't have had you not asked? I mean, you've been asking different shit since D1 and not once did you receive a useful response.

ONR:
Before everyone gets focused on how two candle changes prove anything with Otto gone, I'd like to point out that there were two candle changes with Otto gone yesterday.  The thing that's interesting here is that scum did not hide a candle.  They've shown three actions (two candle changes and a hide) on every night that all scum have been active, and two actions (either one candle change and a hide, or two candle changes with no hide) on the nights that Otto or Captain Ford have been out of commission.
I don't think that we can definitely map hiding to a single person, since there's no point for scum to hide candles, due to town already knowing how the whole process works.

Also, I (and not only me, probably) will be grateful if you update the sheet you made some time ago.

Snuff Ottofar white, light Dariush teal. Testing other people's claims is never a bad idea.

And last but not least, I really don't like something about the night flavor. Aside from the fact that two actions happened, scum have snuffed a white candle. Either they got more powerful, or (which is far less likely, IMO) just didn't want to kill anyone previously.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Day 5 dawns at last
« Reply #691 on: May 09, 2013, 05:09:01 am »

I don't think we can talk to the mod anymore.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: May 09, 2013, 07:22:50 am »

Snuff Onyxjew White, Light Webadict Teal

I'm going to be particularly busy today. I work late.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: May 09, 2013, 07:53:45 am »

Oh yeah, that reminds me.

Mod, Onyxjew hasn't posted since 24th. Of April. That's two weeks. Forced replace is in order, IMO.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: May 09, 2013, 08:05:35 am »

Yeah, right. What makes you think that? We haven't done anything to the high priest, ever.

Other than SOl trying to kiss him, that is.

Balance is enforced. Each of you must vote to Light one Candle and Snuff one Candle today.
I want to know who did this. Seems more like an ability than the Mod's planning.

Mod, can two lighting or two snuffings still happen at day end?

*Tiruin moves over towards Vector's disk, looks her in the eye before moving a hand over her white candle, feeling for the sense of heat. The law of thermodynamics echoes in her mind...
...Tiruin, I'm not even going to swear or insult you, your ancestors and your dog. Just answer me, why do you keep doing this? Do you just want to pester Meph? Do you actually expect the so far unchanging (and logical) law of has a smoke = snuffed, doesn't have smoke = hidden to change? Do you expect Meph to say something useful, in public, through High Priest that he wouldn't have had you not asked? I mean, you've been asking different shit since D1 and not once did you receive a useful response.
I wish to try such--wished to, despite seeing Meph's reply on the case. It never said that Vector is gone from the area, and while he said that Vector is gone, the notion of this being a bastard game strikes me as while we are asking him the right questions, it needs to be worded right.

...So there's me trying :/ I know it seems silly or futile, but...well, first bastard game. That's me trying...

Also, yeah I did receive a useful response--check what people have based their ideas on from thereon. Still me thinking you're trying to undermine my usefulness here...

Okami
My power changed last night.  I no longer have the inspection (Tiruin came up Town last night, by the way), but I now have the ability, with careful vote distribution, to allow us to break the balance.
If you want your own Teal lit, vote to light it, and it will be done at day end.  The rest of us need to Light Toaster's Green, and Snuff Ottofar White.

I also received the warning of great pressure, and a storm.  I believe that message was sent to all with a Teal candle lit.
Solifuge, Ottofar, confirm?

Also, yay inspect. Details on that inspect, please? Why'd you inspect me, of all people present?

Why should we trust that Teal offer? It comes across to me as a proposition for information rather than press on Toaster's green--unless it coincides with the choice given (Light/Snuff 1 each), this sounds like a subtle proposition to diversify the light votes until a tie may be reached.

Is the Divine message on the same thoughtline? As in, they expounded or not? Or just a mention of pressure or storm?

...What do priests know of pressure?

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: May 09, 2013, 08:08:33 am »

Meph:  Just to confirm, are Ottofar and Vector with us or not?

Ottofar is with you, Vector is not.

Hm... I think we can actually.

Given that my God is Telmorin and he is the mightiest of the gods, could we possibly Light notquitethere's Green candle today?

Why should we? While I'm sure you'd be super helpful and stuffs... I want to hear what reason you have that is more than "MY flavor may give me something useful.

Also, should we keep snuffing Ottofar? What do people think?

Since we're pretty much all in agreement that he's scum I'm pretty sure that we should get rid of him as often as possible. Even with someone lighting his candle each day we keep one scum out of commission for the night at least until we're certain on someone else. Not sure what to do then honestly though...

Block me or whatever, but I'm bringing Vector back....well, y'know, results are tomorrow. Day-action go.

Alright Tiruin. I trust you for now. If Vector isn't alive tomorrow though you can expect a lynch vote from me.

My votes are as follows:

Snuff Ottofar White because we need as few scum tricks happening as possible.

Light Dariush Teal loathe him though I might he seems to be on top of things as much as anyone else and has seemed very town to me.

The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: May 09, 2013, 08:25:23 am »

Block me or whatever, but I'm bringing Vector back....well, y'know, results are tomorrow. Day-action go.

Alright Tiruin. I trust you for now. If Vector isn't alive tomorrow though you can expect a lynch vote from me.
...This is what I'm clarifying. While it goes along the terms of resurrect, it says 'active for a day' as the ending lines. No word from Meph yet on how long, and anything regarding other stuff like redirects or...those things.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: May 09, 2013, 08:35:58 am »

Light Dariush Teal loathe him though I might, he seems to be on top of things as much as anyone else and has seemed very town to me.
Really now? Call me skeptic, but in lieu of..everyone else, I'd like to question this choice--why Dariush as opposed to the others? What marks him out than the rest, hmm? Details please.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: May 09, 2013, 08:43:18 am »

Okami:
My power changed last night.  I no longer have the inspection (Tiruin came up Town last night, by the way), but I now have the ability, with careful vote distribution, to allow us to break the balance.
If you want your own Teal lit, vote to light it, and it will be done at day end.  The rest of us need to Light Toaster's Green, and Snuff Ottofar White.

I think you need to expand on the changes, and how you affect the vote.  So you're wanting what, everyone to snuff Ottofar, everyone with a teal candle lit to vote to light my green, and everyone else to light their own teal?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: May 09, 2013, 09:12:20 am »

Edit: That resurrect thing I mentioned? Vector's coming back for the Day phase only, if it passes on. Clarified @ Meph.

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
  • It is by will alone that I set my mind in motion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: May 09, 2013, 09:44:39 am »

I don't think that we can definitely map hiding to a single person, since there's no point for scum to hide candles, due to town already knowing how the whole process works.
You're correct.  It might only be coincidence that scum dropped from three actions per night to two actions per night once we figured out that Otto was scum and kept snuffing his white candle.  Right now, I'm operating on the following assumptions:
1: There are three scum players.
2: Otto and Captain Ford are two of them.
3: Otto and the unidentified third scum are the only ones with green candles lit.
4: We do not want Otto's Dance of the Sun and Moon going off.
5: The green candle power of this third scum is the candle hide.
6: Scum each have one action each night, which can be either lighting a candle, or using a power.

It follows that, since we've broken the candle hide mechanic and we've been keeping Otto locked down, scum have been using their actions on candle changes only these past two nights.

Yes, that's a lot of assumptions, but it fits the evidence, and I'll change my assumptions as soon as any evidence to the contrary is presented. 

Also, I (and not only me, probably) will be grateful if you update the sheet you made some time ago.
I'll get started on it.  It's rather time intensive.  Can't promise it today, but I'll try for tomorrow.

Also, yay inspect. Details on that inspect, please? Why'd you inspect me, of all people present?
I picked you because I thought you were our third scum in hiding.  The candle strengthening ability you claimed doesn't strike me as particularly useful to town, but a potential life-saver for scum.

Why should we trust that Teal offer? It comes across to me as a proposition for information rather than press on Toaster's green--unless it coincides with the choice given (Light/Snuff 1 each), this sounds like a subtle proposition to diversify the light votes until a tie may be reached.
I think you need to expand on the changes, and how you affect the vote.  So you're wanting what, everyone to snuff Ottofar, everyone with a teal candle lit to vote to light my green, and everyone else to light their own teal?
That's exactly what we should not do.  We need to have enough votes on lighting Toaster's green that scum can't simply turn around and tie things up or push through their own change at the last minute.  There's twelve of us (without Vector), and three(?) scum.  Ideally, we should have six votes that aren't Otto or Captain Ford on lighting Toaster's Green.  More if cases like the Dariush/Nerjin combo on Dariush's Teal persist.  That way if both of them and the mystery scum jump ship at the last minute to land on a Teal, we still have a five-to-four lead.

As for my power, it forces a teal light through, regardless of the number of votes, if it has at least one vote.
With that in mind, Nerjin - Your vote for Dariush's teal is currently wasted.  Why don't you want to light Toaster's green?

Is the Divine message on the same thoughtline? As in, they expounded or not? Or just a mention of pressure or storm?

...What do priests know of pressure?
The divine message is completely separate, and it was sent to multiple, unidentified parties.  I assume it was sent to myself, Vector, Solifuge, and Ottofar.
It is by the spice caffeine that thoughts acquire speed.
...start thinking that everything somebody does is scummy or that everything is part of some scummy plan to be incredibly devious and mislead the town...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: May 09, 2013, 09:49:17 am »

You're correct.  It might only be coincidence that scum dropped from three actions per night to two actions per night once we figured out that Otto was scum and kept snuffing his white candle[...]
...Ok, either I missed something, or that we began talking about three actions pernight.

My first impression: What.

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Day 1
« Reply #702 on: May 09, 2013, 09:59:22 am »

I outlined everything in this post.

Let me clarify a few things, as well as add last nights info:

N1 - Captain Ford Roleblocked by Toaster
Scum snuffed Toaster Green, and Hid Otto White
Candle Changes: 1
Scum actions: 2

N2 - No claimed Roleblocks
Otto white loses hidden status,  Otto green is Lit
Dariush white gains hidden status, Dariush green is Snuffed.
Candle Changes: 2
Scum actions: 3

N3 - No claimed Roleblocks, Ottofar unconscious
Dariush white loses hidden status.
Otto white is Lit.
Vector green is Snuffed.
Candle changes: 2

N4 - No claimed Roleblocks, Ottofar unconscious
Otto white is Lit.
Vector white is Snuffed.
Candle changes: 2
...start thinking that everything somebody does is scummy or that everything is part of some scummy plan to be incredibly devious and mislead the town...

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: May 09, 2013, 10:21:25 am »

Very Late EBWOP
5: The green candle power of this third scum is the candle hide.
I forgot that Captain Ford's green is lit.  This assumption is not valid, meaning the third scum isn't necessarily someone with a green candle lit.
Moot point anyway, with powers changing.

Did everyone with a green candle lit have their powers change?
Captain Ford - Yes
Okami No Rei - Yes
Tiruin - Yes

Nerjin, Onyxjew944, Ottofar, webadict - Did your powers change this morning?

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: May 09, 2013, 10:28:21 am »

TRIPLE POST

*facedesk*

Toaster and Vector probably had their powers change as well.  I'm still in favor of lighting Toaster's green, because I believe he's town, and I want to see whether it's changed. 

However, bringing Vector back is the tactically sound option, since it also provides us with a (now unknown) Town green, and an extra vote tomorrow.

Unvote Toaster Green
Light Vector White
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 108