Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 108

Author Topic: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Game Over  (Read 199913 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Day 5 dawns at last
« Reply #675 on: May 08, 2013, 06:36:21 pm »

. . . bah =(
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: May 08, 2013, 07:35:25 pm »

My power changed last night. I am no longer immune to vote manipulation. Given the flavor at day start, I doubt I'm the only one.

Well, first things first.

I feel all the candles for heat again, searching for anomalies.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: May 08, 2013, 07:46:23 pm »

Meph:  Just to confirm, are Ottofar and Vector with us or not?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: May 08, 2013, 07:50:02 pm »

Ottofar is with you, Vector is not.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: May 08, 2013, 07:57:49 pm »

Well, balls to this.

On the plus side, last night was fruitful. I received information regarding today's Storm, but before I say anything more, I'd like the responsible party (who knows who he is) to explain for those assembled what we're looking at. If you don't, I will gladly expose your evasion, and you can reap the benefits of an irrevocable snuff vote. 'Kay? :3

Also, would you like to share the flavor behind your loss of vote-manipulation immunity, Ford? I'm terribly curious.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: May 08, 2013, 08:08:15 pm »

I felt things shift during the night.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: May 08, 2013, 08:13:16 pm »

You mean to say the flavor you got was "You feel things shift tonight. You are no longer immune to vote-manipulation."?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: May 08, 2013, 08:21:55 pm »

Unsurprisingly, I did nothing and received no messages in the night. Given that my God is Telmorin and he is the mightiest of the gods, could we possibly Light notquitethere's Green candle today? Also, should we keep snuffing Ottofar? What do people think? Further, I'm eager to hear what you have to reveal Solifuge, so I hope whomever it is doesn't wait too long to get back to you.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: May 08, 2013, 08:29:14 pm »

How about we snuff Ottofar again and light my green so I can block his buddy Ford?

Wait.  If we're theorizing Ottofar is scum, then how can we explain two candle changes in the night?  He was busy being unconscious.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: May 08, 2013, 10:04:35 pm »

You mean to say the flavor you got was "You feel things shift tonight. You are no longer immune to vote-manipulation."?
No, actually, it just went on to detail my new ability. I had to PM Meph back to ask if I lost my old ability, since my PM was unclear about that.

It was a very flavor-light PM. Except for changing the first word from "you" to "I", I gave you the flavor portion completely verbatim.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: May 08, 2013, 11:19:45 pm »

. . . bah =(
O_o

What'dya mean BAH? Yer still in the game!

Ottofar is with you, Vector is not.
So either its flavor wording or...Uh. I'll just do this :S

*Tiruin moves over towards Vector's disk, looks her in the eye before moving a hand over her white candle, feeling for the sense of heat. The law of thermodynamics echoes in her mind...

Also...I've received word from ye Divine about how things work. Note ahead, I'm asking Meph how it works...

PFP

My power changed last night. I am no longer immune to vote manipulation. Given the flavor at day start, I doubt I'm the only one.
Ayup. Mine changed.

Also...I really think the HP is going into some medical trouble--here's me thinking he may be brought to the healer's area soon because...blood from eyes :/

How about we snuff Ottofar again and light my green so I can block his buddy Ford?

Wait.  If we're theorizing Ottofar is scum, then how can we explain two candle changes in the night?  He was busy being unconscious.
This is what I'm thinking. Meph never directly said that Vector is out of the area though...I guess.

could we possibly Light notquitethere's Green candle today?
Why? Also, unsurprisingly? Whats so unsurprising about your statement in the post there?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: May 08, 2013, 11:26:26 pm »

Also, would you like to share the flavor behind your loss of vote-manipulation immunity, Ford? I'm terribly curious.
Why only Ford?

Anyway, detailing mine (other than claim its full use...) I awokened in the middle of the night. I felt that my power is different...and that's it :/

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: May 08, 2013, 11:38:45 pm »

Also...I really think the HP is going into some medical trouble--here's me thinking he may be brought to the healer's area soon because...blood from eyes :/
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say he's probably not going anywhere until this whole thing is over. The whole "being suspended in midair by the power of the gods" kind of prevents him from being moved, as Solifuge's experiment proved much earlier on.

*Tiruin moves over towards Vector's disk, looks her in the eye before moving a hand over her white candle, feeling for the sense of heat. The law of thermodynamics echoes in her mind...
Vector isn't actually here.

Why didn't you raise that point yesterday? It was equally valid then.

Perhaps the scum's ability to affect candles is independent of their numbers. Two changes with one action would be the equivalent of a lynch in this game, making it equal to a standard mafiakill in any other game.

That or Ottofar is a third party. Either someone was screwing with Vector's results, Vector was lying scum (and her white being snuffed was part of a gambit performed at the wrong time), scum outed one of their own (by accident, I would assume), or they screwed with Ottofar and were as surprised as anyone else by Vector's results.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: May 09, 2013, 12:06:35 am »

PFP

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say he's probably not going anywhere until this whole thing is over. The whole "being suspended in midair by the power of the gods" kind of prevents him from being moved, as Solifuge's experiment proved much earlier on.
...Right. Kissing the High Priest solves the idea of him being immobile...Poor guy, having to stay here while we go back to sleep...

...Wait, I'll just reveal my power now, as I guess holding anything back is just detrimental at this point.

Block me or whatever, but I'm bringing Vector back....well, y'know, results are tomorrow. Day-action go.

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
  • It is by will alone that I set my mind in motion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: May 09, 2013, 12:39:02 am »

Before everyone gets focused on how two candle changes prove anything with Otto gone, I'd like to point out that there were two candle changes with Otto gone yesterday.  The thing that's interesting here is that scum did not hide a candle.  They've shown three actions (two candle changes and a hide) on every night that all scum have been active, and two actions (either one candle change and a hide, or two candle changes with no hide) on the nights that Otto or Captain Ford have been out of commission.

My power changed last night.  I no longer have the inspection (Tiruin came up Town last night, by the way), but I now have the ability, with careful vote distribution, to allow us to break the balance.
If you want your own Teal lit, vote to light it, and it will be done at day end.  The rest of us need to Light Toaster's Green, and Snuff Ottofar White.

I also received the warning of great pressure, and a storm.  I believe that message was sent to all with a Teal candle lit.
It is by the spice caffeine that thoughts acquire speed.
...start thinking that everything somebody does is scummy or that everything is part of some scummy plan to be incredibly devious and mislead the town...
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 108