Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 108

Author Topic: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Game Over  (Read 200266 times)

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Day 4 brings restoration
« Reply #585 on: April 30, 2013, 03:02:43 pm »

Got my response from Meph, all of the candles are behaving normally. No illusions today, or at least none that I can detect by looking for heat.

I want to feel all of the players now to see if there's any shenanigans going on there, but I'm imagining that might not go over quite as well...

Toaster: You don't like the webadict theory of one dark, one light?

If it is a green ability, then why did it go unused the first night? (Err...I guess the roleblock on me would be an obvious answer, wouldn't it? Well, it's not me. I'll be clear about that)

I feel like somebody is stalling for time. Those are both changes we would likely vote to undo again.

Ottofar: Did you get any new advice from your god?

Vector: Did you learn anything interesting last night?
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: April 30, 2013, 03:14:40 pm »

I am indeed back. I'll tell you all about being snuffed in a bit, but before I say anything...

Ottofar: I'd like to hear about your experiences while your White Candle was snuffed.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: April 30, 2013, 03:38:31 pm »

I agree. Ottofar needs to be snuffed if no one comes forward. After that, I recommend snuffing any unclaimed lit greens.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: April 30, 2013, 03:42:18 pm »

Remuthra: And why not light Vector's green candle so she can continue to inspect candles? We can only change two candles per day, after all.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: April 30, 2013, 03:44:33 pm »

Dariush's teal candle has the power of the gods tied to it, but is not key to catching the spies.

Light Vector's Green

I suggest that I keep scunt-humming, but I strongly suspect that the puzzle here is figuring out how to break equilibrium.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: April 30, 2013, 03:50:05 pm »

I don't have a reason not to light Vector's candle, but we should try to undermine the scum power as well.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: April 30, 2013, 07:18:04 pm »

I don't have a reason not to light Vector's candle, but we should try to undermine the scum power as well.

We should be careful about handing out powers though. Not having a reason to not light the candle isn't a reason to light the candle.

Snuff Ottofar white

The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: April 30, 2013, 07:18:59 pm »

I'm not advocating lighting candles, but instead snuffing any lit ones we don't know the use of.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: April 30, 2013, 07:19:32 pm »

Nerjin: Dude, she's the one with the candle inspect. We're not handing out new powers, she just got hers taken away.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: April 30, 2013, 07:20:50 pm »

I'm not advocating lighting candles, but instead snuffing any lit ones we don't know the use of.

Oh... My bad. Misread what you meant.

Nerjin: Dude, she's the one with the candle inspect. We're not handing out new powers, she just got hers taken away.

I see that now.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: April 30, 2013, 07:49:12 pm »

Glad to have that clarified, then.

Nerjin: What do you think about the lack of "killings" so far?

Remuthra: Who do you find most threatening/suspicious right now? Besides Ottofar?

Vector: So it sounds like you didn't learn what Dariush's god was. I wonder if it's because it was unlit. Interesting choice of target, by the way. Interesting in that there's nothing for Dariush to verify.

You're probably right about breaking the stalemate. I strongly suspect that Ottofar's ability is linked to that in some way. It definitely feels like it was intended as a trap we could fall into from activating abilities blindly.

I am very intrigued by the fact that Vector's green candle was snuffed and not her white. Snuffing her white would have prevented her from telling us her findings from last night, while snuffing her green accomplishes nothing other than delaying us.

...maybe they can't snuff white candles.

...also, what does dust smell like? Is that consistent with any of the other scents we've gotten? (I haven't actually wrapped my brain around that information)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: April 30, 2013, 07:52:24 pm »

Glad to have that clarified, then.

Nerjin: What do you think about the lack of "killings" so far?

I think that we're gonna be in for a very long haul... If our actions can be negated it's not like we can do much. It looks to me like we're about to enter a "Do X, they Y, we stop Y, they stop X, ad infinitum" to me. Maybe not though. Still a game of attrition isn't all that appealing to me.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: April 30, 2013, 07:53:58 pm »

Remuthra: Who do you find most threatening/suspicious right now? Besides Ottofar?

My picks for scum would be Okami, Onyx, and RangerCado. I'll check through their activity when I have a chance, but I don't recall them saying much, which is suspicious.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: April 30, 2013, 07:55:33 pm »

Ford:
Toaster: You don't like the webadict theory of one dark, one light?

If it is a green ability, then why did it go unused the first night? (Err...I guess the roleblock on me would be an obvious answer, wouldn't it? Well, it's not me. I'll be clear about that)

It's an interesting theory.  The problem is that it's completely untestable.  We can scum hunt all day long and be absolutely sure who two scum are, but if one gets better from being snuffed and the other wants light, how do we tell who is who?  We already know the white candles don't work like that.

Remuthra:
My picks for scum would be Okami, Onyx, and RangerCado. I'll check through their activity when I have a chance, but I don't recall them saying much, which is suspicious.

You're going to need more than that.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: April 30, 2013, 07:56:56 pm »

Is there anyone we know is definitely town? Solifuge, maybe? I think we should light all their candles.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 108