Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 108

Author Topic: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Game Over  (Read 200357 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Temple (Bastard game)
« Reply #555 on: April 26, 2013, 12:19:06 pm »

You do remember Vector claimed a guilty inspect on you, right?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: April 26, 2013, 12:21:44 pm »

Dariush and Ottofar:  Why are your candles hidden?
I don't know.

Nor are the Twin Gods of Morasadis so simple as to call them just light and darkness. All aspects of reality are split between those gods, at least in their religion.
Yes, so? That doesn't mean that both spies (if there are actually two) for some reason display this exact flavor of duality (being oppositely-candled).
Next up, why are we lighting Teal candles? Do you guys have any ideas what the candles do? Do you just want to light your own candles for selfish reasons? Seriously, start acting like you guys are solving a puzzle.
ONR told us my teal is 'interesting'. Either it is indeed so (and we have to light it), it is a red herring, ONR is lying or it's not supposed to be lit. Right now, it's as good a lead as any, and in fact better than most.

Tiruin, I just completely lost you. I don't think those chaotic mood swings and bouts of insanity are good for you.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: April 26, 2013, 12:22:24 pm »

You do remember Vector claimed a guilty inspect on you, right?

I do. But I also do notice basically everyone following webadict with the vote.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: April 26, 2013, 12:24:40 pm »

Webadict: I'm not quite willing to buy into the two of everything argument. But that isn't really important right now. ...you might be right about that.

If the ability to hide candles is a role ability (granted by a green candle), then Ottofar couldn't have been the one doing it, though.

Search all the candles, feeling for heat to see if any unlit candles are masked the same way, and also checking all lit candles to see if they are producing heat.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: April 26, 2013, 12:28:45 pm »

Tiruin, I just completely lost you. I don't think those chaotic mood swings[...] are good for you.
Bleh. >_<

I blame physiology...That, and the reason that I was stressed due to RL exams...hence me saying sorry. :/

Dariush and Ottofar:  Why are your candles hidden?

Because the gods wish it so? How should I know?

Also, amazing how webadict comes in, calls me scum, and immediately everyone's agreed on that. No hard feelings, but yeah.

Also, I have no idea why the power was interesting. It just was. Somewhy.
Webadict came in with following what we've presented, made his own sentiments known, and then something came out of it. You got called out through that method. Ottofar: I think you do realize where we're coming from, right?

...Did you two even know about those candles' ulterior design? Meaning its darkness through no light?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: April 26, 2013, 01:11:39 pm »

Next up, why are we lighting Teal candles? Do you guys have any ideas what the candles do? Do you just want to light your own candles for selfish reasons? Seriously, start acting like you guys are solving a puzzle.

We are.  Getting teal candles lit gives us hints, which is, y'know, generally a useful thing when solving a puzzle.

Also, amazing how webadict comes in, calls me scum, and immediately everyone's agreed on that. No hard feelings, but yeah.

Possibly because I also got a scum inspect on you?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: April 26, 2013, 01:15:03 pm »

Alright, then we'll light some more Teal candles tomorrow. But, I really want to see what happens when we bring Solifuge back to life.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: April 26, 2013, 01:24:13 pm »

Alright, then we'll light some more Teal candles tomorrow. But, I really want to see what happens when we bring Solifuge back to life.

Good, that makes sense.  Let's take out Ottofar and revive Solifuge today.  Hopefully just snuffing Otto's white will kill him, of course... I'm a little bit worried about that.

Extinguish Ottofar White
Light Solifuge White
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: April 26, 2013, 03:12:36 pm »

No other candles are unusual. Dariush's white is the only one that isn't what it appears to be. All the lit candles are producing heat, and of the unlit candles, only Dariush's white candle is producing heat.

I was trying to figure out why only one candle was manipulated Night 1, and two were manipulated Night 2, and I wondered if they didn't have the ability to hide two candles each night. They could have lit one candle on night 1 and kept it hidden both nights. That doesn't seem to be the case, though.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: April 26, 2013, 03:27:10 pm »

I'd encourage other people to verify my results, though, before the day ends and things change.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: April 26, 2013, 03:41:18 pm »

Where is Mr. Think, anyway?  He should be playing Mafia with us.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: April 26, 2013, 05:15:12 pm »

It might be right before day end, but I've had this in my head since this morning.

NQT: I believe you asked Webadict a question. Where are you and why haven't you followed up on it?

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: April 26, 2013, 05:23:18 pm »

Oh, there's one other thing I forgot to do.

Ford walks over to Webadict and gives him a big hug

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: April 26, 2013, 05:29:33 pm »

Oh, there's one other thing I forgot to do.

Ford walks over to Webadict and gives him a big hug
wtf?

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: April 26, 2013, 05:32:55 pm »

That's from my brain. It doesn't hurt so much anymore, and it wanted me to thank you.

(Also, I simultaneously decided to start coloring my IC stuff in lime so it was easier to see)
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 108