Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 108

Author Topic: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Game Over  (Read 200365 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Temple (Bastard game)
« Reply #540 on: April 26, 2013, 10:36:41 am »

Well that does explain that, in lieu of an NK, things got switched.

Unvote on Ottofar's Green; Snuff Ottofar's White Candle.

You return to the Great Chamber. Everything looks the same as it did when you left, except for a few candles.

Ottofar's White and Green candles are lit.

Daiush's White and Green candles are dark. A trail of smoke from the Green candle still lingers in the air, and with it a hint of rain and wet earth.

So do we see Dariush's white? No mention of any trail was given on it. While the case seems different, I'm doing this anyway. Because fools venture where angels fear to tread and all.

For reasons unknown, we can do flavor actions. For that reason alone...

Tiruin moves up and places kneels before Dariush's candle, placing her hands about half a foot above it - does she feel heat, or...anything?

She then returns to her disk afterwards.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: April 26, 2013, 10:40:53 am »

Also, I just noticed something strange: if we take it that Otto's candle was indeed hidden and not snuffed, then there was only one actual state-changing action N1. And there were two N2. And I don't like it.
EBWOP:

I think it is proven. Given that Dar's two candles are technically out - that there is no discrepancy between trails, he did state that there are 2 actions N2.

Where two could refer to Otto's lighting, and Dariush's (dual?) snuffing. I'm more inclined to lean on the fact that only his Green got snuffed, and his white is hidden.

Waitaminute. I did use my power @ Ottofar's White Candle during D2. I got nothing from Mephansteras at all. If the case was such, then it did flare up - only...invisibly? I have no idea what happens if I use it on an unlit candle (but then...I can only use it once a day...).

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: April 26, 2013, 10:56:39 am »

I worship Nirian. Goddess foremost among the other Gods.
Wow, this is gold. And you know why? Because you claim knowledge of some cleansing ability (related to Andoras), softclaim Flare ability (Avos) and now directly claim Nirian. That's a lot of stuff you know and refuse to share. And you still haven't explained the discrepancy I pointed out earlier, instead preferring to crap out a pointless wall of rage. So yeah, get to it and try not to shit yourself from raging at the keyboard so furiously.

We're also looking for a second spy. Since the spies' gods are duality, they'll have two of everything but opposite, including spies. My bet is that one of the opposing candle sides of Ottofar is the culprit.
...wait, what? That's incredibly far-fetched and idiotic.

Also, now that with Toaster's claim we've more or less confirmed that smoke trails more or less serve as godflips, I think checking Ottofar in this way takes precedence over all other actions. Unvote, Snuff Ottofar's White, light Dariush's Teal.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: April 26, 2013, 11:04:57 am »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Light Dariush Teal: Captain Ford, Dariush, Nerjin, Okami No Rei
Snuff Ottofar Green: Remuthra
Snuff Ottofar Teal: Vector
Snuff Ottofar White: Dariush, RangerCado, Tiruin, Toaster, Vector
Light Solifuge White: Captain Ford, Nerjin, notquitethere, Okami No Rei, Onyxjew944, Ottofar, RangerCado, Remuthra, Tiruin
Light Toaster Teal: Toaster

"High Priest! I've noticed, people's beliefs shift as the sun and moon cross the heavens; the rain falls, and the seas gather - is this a test in the eyes of the Gods to prove us, or to prove yourself if it be their will?"

All I know of the gods will I have presented already.

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Today. (About 8 hours) There is one vote to Extend the day.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: April 26, 2013, 11:17:59 am »

A'right fellow clergymen and women.

I FEEL HEAT FROM THE CANDLE. Dariush's WHITE CANDLE IS LIT.

Unvote all.

Snuff Ottofar's White Candle.

Snuff Dariush's White Candle.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: April 26, 2013, 11:23:08 am »

Unvote all.

Forgive me but I feel a little skeptical about this heat thing. Considering your power doesn't involve investigation [not a problem but I'll get to that in a second] the only other way is that the Mod PMed you a trivial piece of information so my question is... Why would Meph do that? Earlier they seemed rather upfront about falvor actions. Then you immediately move to snuff Dariush's white candle. I can't say I'm not tempted to do so but he doesn't seem scummy me so we need him alive.

My point being:

1) How do we trust your assertion that the candle is still lit when you have no investigative ability [you already claimed your ability] and Meph has been upfront with flavor questions up until now.

2) Why do you want Dariush dead?

3) how do we snuff a candle that's already out? Seems like you're trying to waste our vote.

4) Have you decided to stick around or ar eyou just here until the replace?
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: April 26, 2013, 11:28:34 am »

Tiruin:  Is there any reason we can't all do that?

Toaster rises from his disk, and places his hand near his own white candle, to judge the heat it gives off.  He then walks over to Dariush's white candle and Ottofar's white candle and does the same thing.  Is there heat being given off?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: April 26, 2013, 11:30:52 am »

I worship Nirian. Goddess foremost among the other Gods.
Wow, this is gold. And you know why? Because you claim knowledge of some cleansing ability (related to Andoras), softclaim Flare ability (Avos) and now directly claim Nirian. That's a lot of stuff you know and refuse to share. And you still haven't explained the discrepancy I pointed out earlier, instead preferring to crap out a pointless wall of rage. So yeah, get to it and try not to shit yourself from raging at the keyboard so furiously.
Scumboy twisting my words. I never said I claimed knowledge of cleansing ablity - I hypothesized it and related it to the cleaning vote-slate thing that happened earlier. I did not softclaim a Flare - for in that reason, how does it relate to Avos, and how in the world does it even do anything? The fact that I capitalized 'Flare' in that taunt to Ranger? That's weak.

What discrepancy?

Unvote all.

Forgive me but I feel a little skeptical about this heat thing. Considering your power doesn't involve investigation [not a problem but I'll get to that in a second] the only other way is that the Mod PMed you a trivial piece of information so my question is... Why would Meph do that? Earlier they seemed rather upfront about falvor actions. Then you immediately move to snuff Dariush's white candle. I can't say I'm not tempted to do so but he doesn't seem scummy me so we need him alive.

My point being:

1) How do we trust your assertion that the candle is still lit when you have no investigative ability [you already claimed your ability] and Meph has been upfront with flavor questions up until now.

2) Why do you want Dariush dead?

3) how do we snuff a candle that's already out? Seems like you're trying to waste our vote.

4) Have you decided to stick around or ar eyou just here until the replace?
Your doubt is understandable. Meph PM'd me the result (because I'm really under the fact that he did such as to prevent any mod confirmation). And the fact that its related in-game.

Webadict is telling the truth, I can verify--have verified it. Feel for yourselves, feel the heat of Dariush's White candle.

I dare you.

1. See above.

2. The matter that he had something and didn't say a word about it speaks ill of him - that, and his attempt at goading others as opposed to scumhunting them (I mean, he didn't even do the 'reminder' regarding questions; he lacks linking, but snidely commenting instead; spiting a person's character as opposed to their playstyle/posts...)

I just can't believe he sunk so low.

3. Feel it. I feel (felt) heat.

4. ...if my retort of righteous anger doesn't blight my name, yes. Deny replacement. Or...how you say to unrequest it.

PPE; YES! YES! DO IT!

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: April 26, 2013, 11:32:05 am »

Very well...

Feel all of the extinguished candles and search for heat.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: April 26, 2013, 11:59:15 am »

Toaster: Sorry, you're right about that. For some reason, I often confuse you with Vector. I'm not really sure why.

Webadict: I love you.  :-*

Unvote

Light Solifuge White
Snuff Ottofar White
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: April 26, 2013, 12:04:08 pm »

Well biscuits.  They all feel equally hot.

Dariush and Ottofar:  Why are your candles hidden?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: April 26, 2013, 12:07:05 pm »

We're also looking for a second spy. Since the spies' gods are duality, they'll have two of everything but opposite, including spies. My bet is that one of the opposing candle sides of Ottofar is the culprit.
...wait, what? That's incredibly far-fetched and idiotic.

Also, now that with Toaster's claim we've more or less confirmed that smoke trails more or less serve as godflips, I think checking Ottofar in this way takes precedence over all other actions. Unvote, Snuff Ottofar's White, light Dariush's Teal.
No it's not. It's the most logical and obvious answer. I honestly have no idea why you guys do these puzzle games, because you don't solve the puzzles.

And look at that. It appears I'm proven right about the candle. How unsurprising.

I hold my hand over Dariush's White candle and check for heat. I then hold my hand over my own White candle. Do they feel the same? Hold hand over Teal candle to make sure.

Mephansteras is slapping you guys in the face with hints. Duality of the spy gods was hinted at in one of his posts. I can find it quickly:

Nor are the Twin Gods of Morasadis so simple as to call them just light and darkness. All aspects of reality are split between those gods, at least in their religion.

Next up, why are we lighting Teal candles? Do you guys have any ideas what the candles do? Do you just want to light your own candles for selfish reasons? Seriously, start acting like you guys are solving a puzzle.

Snuff Ottofar's candle and light Solifuge's candle.

I need to learn what Solifuge learned in the afterlife. I need his information. I also want to see what happens to Ottofar. Argue with me if you want, but you guys are taking no steps further and a million steps back with whatever it is you're doing now.

PPE: Toaster, it doesn't matter. They either know and won't tell us, or they don't know. The flame-hiding thing has no immediate consequences, so it's best to ignore it. Meph would've smacked you in the face with more hints if it was important.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: April 26, 2013, 12:17:32 pm »

Yeah, you're right.  We do need to know about Solifuge.

Unvote Toaster Teal
Light Solifuge White

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: April 26, 2013, 12:18:17 pm »

Web: What makes you think Solifuge has actually learned anything?

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: April 26, 2013, 12:18:33 pm »

Dariush and Ottofar:  Why are your candles hidden?

Because the gods wish it so? How should I know?

Also, amazing how webadict comes in, calls me scum, and immediately everyone's agreed on that. No hard feelings, but yeah.

Also, I have no idea why the power was interesting. It just was. Somewhy.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 108