Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 108

Author Topic: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Game Over  (Read 200438 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Temple (Bastard game)
« Reply #525 on: April 26, 2013, 01:42:26 am »

I haven't even been looking at anyone's words yet. I just got around to this stuff and I've been looking at Meph's words and whoever's summary. These are the few things I saw. If you said them first, my bad.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: April 26, 2013, 01:45:29 am »

Also, I just noticed something strange: if we take it that Otto's candle was indeed hidden and not snuffed, then there was only one actual state-changing action N1. And there were two N2. And I don't like it.

Also x2:
Quote from: Tiruin
Deriving my guess from how my power is named - I'm betting its something to deal with cleanliness, like Purge or whatever.
I'm really pretty sure that you're panicking. Like I said, what's so wrong about a little Flare?
How did you connect 'Flare' with 'cleanliness' and 'Purge', Tiruin?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: April 26, 2013, 02:03:01 am »

. . .

Maybe we need to get maximal townies?  So maybe lighting all the teal candles would be a good idea.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: April 26, 2013, 03:47:18 am »

. . .

Maybe we need to get maximal townies?  So maybe lighting all the teal candles would be a good idea.

Well seeing as how that seems to just be saying "Let's get more information candles [teal]" I think I can go for it. But next turn. For now I agree with Dariush.

Unvote All

Light Solifuge White

Light Dariush Teal
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: April 26, 2013, 07:37:14 am »

That doesn't make sense. Piety would have to be Teal, which would be a connection with the gods.

So does this explain how Ottofar lived @ White snuff? I'm totally confused - perhaps White represents our physical health, while Teal represents our...spiritual health, and either/or needs to be lit for us to live - when one is disabled due to lack of all candles (Sol: White/Teal gone) but regains their teal, they can't get back unless they regain their white.

We all had our White candles lit at start.

...The strange thing is Dariush...

Tiruin, I'm not going to bother with the quotes, but you're a dumbfuck[...]
Hey. Why don't you-
[...]conspiracy theorist. Stop throwing completely random shit in the thread and hoping it sticks. :-/
Ah, makes more sense now.

...I'm not saying anything I say is most probable or that I'm advocating that its the truth over whatever else exists, but just putting it out to add to the general guess-list. I think you're misusing conspiracy theorist there?

And that shit I base on has reason behind it. Its just that there's too much of it to base it on. :I

Vector~
Missed this?
Why should there be a PM to it?
In regard to someone boosting your candle? Or in general, acting on you? I don't see anywhere in the OP stating PMs as a notice.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: April 26, 2013, 08:41:02 am »

. . .

WTF?

Teal candles aren't Townieness.

You guys are straight morons.

How did you guys even get this far?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: April 26, 2013, 09:07:54 am »

vomit
Dear Tiruin, allow me to ask you a single question.

ARE YOU A FUCKING CRETIN?! YES, YOU ARE. YES, YOU ARE A FUCKING CRETIN.

Not only do you put on a show of beginning to rage at the beginning of the sentence (even going as far as cropping the end) only to immediatly discard the whole notion after demonstratively finishing it, but you waste the entire post saying absolutely nothing and ignoring my question in #526.

All we need in addition to an uncontrolled influx of self-important newbies (I'm looking at you, Cado) is (relative) old-timers going insane. Argh.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: April 26, 2013, 09:13:31 am »

EBWODP:
...my question in #526 and profess your confusion at the sanest theory so far (which was stated a whopping fifteen posts earlier) instead of a basic attempt to read it.

I'm so angry at your stupidity I cannot even rant coherently. Hope you're happy. Asshole.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: April 26, 2013, 09:31:07 am »

Meph, how do I ask the one thing questions?

Because I want to know about the spies, the candles, and the gods.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: April 26, 2013, 09:41:39 am »

Hey Dariush, instead of being a royal piece of fuck, why don't you consider the fact that people are FUCKING BUSY WITH THIER LIVES FOR ONCE.[Go ahead, poke at my typos too while your at it.] Instead of shoving your condescending ass into this place then adding a hell lot of shit out, could you in the very fucking least do something with your words than that?

I mean really. Ad Hominem of the finest degree -- not choosing to not remind the person you asked maybe on the occassion that she forgot but instead throwing a steaming sack of crap at them 'because you ignored my question.' Well, for some reason you don't see that as scummy, huh. You just see that as an insult to your overbloated ego.

Also, I just noticed something strange: if we take it that Otto's candle was indeed hidden and not snuffed, then there was only one actual state-changing action N1. And there were two N2. And I don't like it.

Also x2:
Quote from: Tiruin
Deriving my guess from how my power is named - I'm betting its something to deal with cleanliness, like Purge or whatever.
I'm really pretty sure that you're panicking. Like I said, what's so wrong about a little Flare?
How did you connect 'Flare' with 'cleanliness' and 'Purge', Tiruin?
I FUCKING GUESSED BECAUSE MY POWER IS ONE WORD WHICH IS EASILY DEFINED BY ITS EFFECT, GOT THAT? THAT WAS ME PRODDING AT RANGER. YOU THINK I'D GIVE MY ABILITY NAME OUT LOUD? WELL YOU'RE FUCKING WRONG.

But perhaps its just me being a pretentious asshole, huh. Well, fine. I guess I shouldn't follow my intuition or sense of warning. Here's everything, enjoy.

My power is to Nourish a candle - any lit candle within the day. It grants a lynch-immunity on if the # of votes = lesser than the majority. Solifuge got lynched because the total # of people then was 13. 7 were on him. Snuff'd. It has no night defensive capabilities and I suspect Meph's flavor would be that it'll dim at day end.

See that power in all its entirety there. Pretty useless but for psychological tactics, huh. Yeah, pretty much like its wielder.

EBWODP:
...my question in #526 and profess your confusion at the sanest theory so far (which was stated a whopping fifteen posts earlier) instead of a basic attempt to read it.

I'm so angry at your stupidity I cannot even rant coherently. Hope you're happy. Asshole.
Oh yes I fucking am. Because I'm too stupid to even do anything. Yeah I'm fucking happy. I try to get things into mind, poking at it from differing PoV's and asking things which I see in the very least matter. I've been spending whatever break I had to get in things which I thought, would've left in some amount of sense here. You, only pop in when reason dictates -- which means rarely, if ever. I mean, since we're all in conclusion that Ottofar is scum, then why are we voting to ressurect Solifuge by the notion of his white = life? I mean, the only possible conclusion that seems best in my mind now is there are physical, spiritual and mental aspects. WHile it reflects on what Web said, its different in the way I stated above.

No wait, that theory is shit. Just like any nebulous shit you can give Dariush. Just look at your lack of flaming candles. Perhaps that flame just went into your posts to flame it up. I'm stupid for using flame twice in a sentence, huh.

Your only question was that: terminology to me. I am now considered stupid and denounced due to anything I give in relation to what you've got?

Fuck you. Replacement. Nobody cares. Modkill me if it must. Nah, the last thing is stupid, but that's what's crossing into my mind from all this.

If I profess confusion at the sanest theory so far...

Also, Ottofar is clearly scum.

Heathen Spies of Morasadis who worship their gods of Light and Darkness. You must find them, and break their power.

Dance of Sun and Moon. He's a spy.
then why don't you poke at that confusion and cite my mistake so I may be shamed even more.

What, this? Is that what you've been pointing at, like fifteen posts prior to your incendiary shit there? Maybe I can't count because You don't even bother to link it for one with such a sharp tongue and mind, huh.

I mean, in your anger you could've put in a punchline which would justify it all. But no, you didn't. You don't even mention any sort of scum suspicion if you really think I'm being an obfuscating bitch, isn't that true?

Of course I am fucking confused -- do you have anything else to add but incite an ad hominem attack on me. How low can you go, bucko?

vomit
Dear Tiruin, allow me to ask you a single question.

ARE YOU A FUCKING CRETIN?! YES, YOU ARE. YES, YOU ARE A FUCKING CRETIN.

Not only do you put on a show of beginning to rage at the beginning of the sentence (even going as far as cropping the end) only to immediatly discard the whole notion after demonstratively finishing it, but you waste the entire post saying absolutely nothing and ignoring my question in #526.

All we need in addition to an uncontrolled influx of self-important newbies (I'm looking at you, Cado) is (relative) old-timers going insane. Argh.
Aww, A show of rage, huh. No. I'm happy you chose to give a pertinent question then answer it yourself. You lopsided bastard.

That was me toning in on your attempt to get at me.

Well, it worked. Hope you're happy, asshole.
PPE: because I type this too slow. Woohoo.

Webadict: You just ask. Either use italics or bold it.

Like Meph: [context here]

Or you could try quotation marks to talk to the High Priest. Doesn't look any different except on how Meph states things in a first/third person PoV. You may get a vague response because the Gods deign straight answers for followers who don't try themselves, but what do I know? I'm that stupid.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: April 26, 2013, 09:45:46 am »

-Snip-

PFP... Uh wow. Well hope you start feeling better kiddo. Sorry Dariush pissed ya off so bad. You will be missed.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: April 26, 2013, 09:49:40 am »

Dariush:  You are correct.  My god is Derala.

Ford:
Well, first of all, Okami has an excellent cheat sheet.

You should at least read the opening post so you know how things are set up.

- Tiruin can cause lit candles to flare up, but we still don't know what it does.
- Toaster has the ability to inspect candles.
- We're pretty sure that green candles give you an ability when lit, and teal candles allow your god to give you advice. White candles are "connected to your soul", but so far only Solifuge has fallen unconscious from having his snuffed, while Dariush and Ottofar survived it. I think we generally agree that having lit candles is good. But we're still confused about how to kill people.
- Toaster inspected Ottofar's white candle and discovered it had a "menacing feel" to it. Speaking of which, I would really recommend reading Ottofar's response.
- Ottofar claimed a single-shot night action called "Dance of the Sun and Moon", but he doesn't know what it does.

There's more, but that's a good start.

Replace both instances of "Toaster" with "Vector."

I like the cut of Web's jib on body/mind/soul.

Snuff Ottofar White
Light Toaster Teal

I think Ottofar's lying, since claiming a roleblock is interesting is a bullshit sandwich.  Also, I would like to start getting info PMs.

Web:  Just address it to High Priest.

Tiruin:  Might I suggest you walk away from the thread for a bit and come back to think on it later?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: April 26, 2013, 10:02:11 am »

We're also looking for a second spy. Since the spies' gods are duality, they'll have two of everything but opposite, including spies. My bet is that one of the opposing candle sides of Ottofar is the culprit.

Ottofar had White and Teal lit, so we're looking for White and Green lit.

Captain Ford
Dariush
Nerjin
Onyxjew944
RangerCado
Tiruin
Toaster

I also suggest being careful of Okami and one of notquitethere, Solifuge, and Remuthra, as they are also a feature of duality.

PPE: Um... Okay.

PPE2: Why are we letting just anybody light their own candles? The candles themselves have more than one purpose. They should have three if I'm following correctly, since we appear to have a weird relationship with 3. The first and foremost is the Body, Mind, Soul thing. But, this isn't the full story. I have a theory, but it involves everyone claiming their specific god before I continue. In fact, I'm pretty sure I solved the puzzle. My only problem is I'm not sure what the spies are capable of.

As such, I want you all to do something for me:

Snuff Ottofar White Candle
Light Solifuge White Candle

Solifuge is still dead, despite you all claiming to want to find out what happened. Seriously, why is he still dead? The Ottofar one is simply to see what happens to another person, plus he's a spy.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: April 26, 2013, 10:14:53 am »

Tiruin:  Might I suggest you walk away from the thread for a bit and come back to think on it later?
My performance as of the moment is inexcusable. I think that walk will turn into a hike, to find out later that someone else would take my place.

I worship Nirian. Goddess foremost among the other Gods.

Looks like I forgot that too.

Solifuge is still dead, despite you all claiming to want to find out what happened. Seriously, why is he still dead? The Ottofar one is simply to see what happens to another person, plus he's a spy.
I've a theory that pokes on the differences between SOlifuge and Ottofar. Because it relates with SOlifuge being in the hospital/ward/monastery and all that, but its just a guess and I'm not currently moving my vote from Otto/Soli for that.

Ottofar had White and Teal lit, so we're looking for White and Green lit.
This does speak about the past, right? Ottofar had a White and Teal as his primary D1 attributes - his only match is Vector at that time.

N1, he got his White candle snuffed - no smoke (which, by logical conclusion means that the snuffing happened not at NK stage if the order of actions = time, which accounts for Toaster [who I really believe is town...err, Town-ish given the bastard context]). N2, he got a (best conclusion) swap from Dariush, or...stuff happened regarding his candles.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: April 26, 2013, 10:22:41 am »

Ottofar's White was never snuffed. It's so obvious. No smoke trail means it was hidden. You think servants of duality gods wouldn't have something like that? Light hiding in the darkness?

If Ottofar dies when we snuff it, then I'll be proven right. Can we at least test that?

I don't know why you think there's this switching thing. It makes less sense. We all have abilities that target candles, right? So, why would we suddenly have something different? The only way it could be different is if it was mod-sided, but as there appears to be no consequences of having a hidden flame, I am going with a hiding ability.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 108