Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 108

Author Topic: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Game Over  (Read 200301 times)

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Day 3 - One replacement needed
« Reply #480 on: April 25, 2013, 03:47:55 pm »

Okay, I would really like to see Dariush's teal lit, but we're heading straight for another tie now.

Meph has been online twice and hasn't replied, so I'm giving up on that votecount now.

Unvote

Light Dariush Teal

Somebody, anybody, please do something SANE. The votes as they stand are ridiculous.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: April 25, 2013, 03:49:46 pm »

*epic facepalm* Today is Thursday. Right.

Unvote

Snuff Dariush White
Light Ottofar White

I don't usually work on Thursdays. I guess that's why I thought it was Friday.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: April 25, 2013, 04:02:29 pm »

Vector
Dude, if you boosted my green I would totally be the happiest little snail.
This was to Ottofar's comment above the quote right here, right? Why would you be glad from Otto's Dance of Sun and Moon regarding your green candle?

. . . I thought that you were the candle-booster.  Ottofar doesn't know what his ability does...

Anyway, I've been boosted and received no PM about it.

ONR, the exact time of Meph's PM is listed in one of my first posts in this game.  I really don't feel like digging it up right now.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: April 25, 2013, 04:32:10 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Snuff Captain Ford White: Nerjin
Light Dariush Teal: Dariush, Okami No Rei
Light Dariush White: Captain Ford
Snuff Ottofar Green: Tiruin
Snuff Ottofar Teal: Vector
Snuff Ottofar White: Captain Ford, Remuthra, Vector
Light Solifuge White: Dariush, Nerjin, notquitethere, Okami No Rei, Onyxjew944, Ottofar, Remuthra, Tiruin

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Friday. There is 1 vote to Extend the day.

Meph: Please confirm that this votecount should have contained my votes to light Solifuge's Green and Teal candles.

This is correct. Hectic workdays sometimes cause me to miss things. My apologies.

Just noticed this:
Vector's Green Candle flares up, burning brighter than the candles around it.
Meph: Is there any significance to the fact that you used lime rather than green to color the candle? Or was that simply a cosmetic choice?

Just cosmetic.

Meph: Real time, or game time?

Game time.

Meph: Might as well just ask. Do we have to worry about a candle's actual state being different from its apparent state?

Anything is possible.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: April 25, 2013, 04:35:53 pm »

Anything is possible.

That doesn't bode well...

PFP
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: April 25, 2013, 04:36:40 pm »

Webadict is replacing in for RangerCado
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Temple (Bastard game)
« Reply #486 on: April 25, 2013, 04:39:05 pm »

Wuba, do you have a power? Don't lie.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: April 25, 2013, 04:39:20 pm »

Webadict is replacing in for RangerCado

Woo hoo!

*Returns to being unconscious*

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: April 25, 2013, 04:50:30 pm »

Meph: Might as well just ask. Do we have to worry about a candle's actual state being different from its apparent state?
Anything is possible.
Hmm...well, it looks like votes get tallied as simple "toggle" votes. So if a candle wasn't what it appeared to be, I'm not sure what would happen.

Meph: If we voted to light a candle that was already lit (but appeared to be out), would it be snuffed instead, or would it remain lit?

Vector: I've read most of Rysith's Semi-Bastard, and it's definitely given me ideas. I don't think Meph would include an ability that would completely replace one of his posts, but sending bad advice or writing up new descriptions for your inspections are both things I could see.

Also, you can be a scary good liar.

Unvote

Light Dariush Teal
Light Solifuge White

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: April 25, 2013, 04:55:12 pm »

Why, thank you kindly =)

I like to think that my glory days aren't over, but god knows I'm just too damn old and tired at the moment to play very well ._.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: April 25, 2013, 05:49:43 pm »

Meph: Are there any other gods in this world that might come up?

Vector: I think you should inspect a candle that hasn't been claimed yet, so that whoever you inspect can verify your result. Either the green of someone who hasn't claimed their ability (Ranger, Nerjin, Dariush, Onyxjew, Okami), or the teal of someone who hasn't claimed their god (Okami, Nerjin, Toaster).

You could also try investigating Ottofar's green candle to find out what his ability does, or his white again to confirm your result, or his teal to find out what god he follows (or perhaps why it kept him alive).

I guess I was wrong about the boosting. I've been trying to puzzle it out from Tiruin's very mysterious hints (I'm beginning to think that she doesn't know what it does, but she's never said that clearly). It fit very well with the candle flaring up, and it made sense that Solifuge wouldn't have noticed any difference if his white candle didn't have any effect in the first place. I'm back to thinking it's a doctor-like ability, in which case your green candle is an excellent place for it anyway.

Also, if somebody is screwing with your results, do you think it would come from a green candle (or maybe another kind of candle, even)? Or do you think it would be inherent?

Concerning Ottofar, if he's not lying about anything, then things are very foreboding. Him being interested in a roleblock ability kind of implies that he should be worried about being roleblocked...what if his wincon is to fire off his ability?

The thing is, if this is the case, he didn't have a good reason to explain his ability to us. Except that fakeclaiming could have gotten him into more trouble, I suppose.

A one-shot with no explanation definitely sounds like it could cause chaos. On the other hand, if we let him fire it off we'll have more information than we did before.

...my gut is telling me it might shuffle the candles around. Or cause some kind of other bastardry. "Dance" kind of implies things moving around. But then it really could do anything.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: April 25, 2013, 07:26:20 pm »

I'm kind of expecting some sort of day-ending ability, myself.

Sure.  I'll inspect ONR's green.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: April 25, 2013, 07:37:37 pm »

I'm kind of expecting some sort of day-ending ability, myself.

Sure.  I'll inspect ONR's green.
It can't be day-ending because it's a night action.

I kind of thought the idea was to not announce who you were going to target. (Now if ONR was scum, his team could manipulate your result to say whatever they wanted and he could simply say yes when asked about it)

But that works, I guess. I'm getting a town-enough vibe from him to be okay with it if you decide not to change your mind.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: April 25, 2013, 07:38:34 pm »

Yeah, I took a couplea ranks in stupid :3  Aren't I great?

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: April 25, 2013, 07:44:15 pm »

Aww...I can't stay angry at that face.

But out of curiosity, why Okami?
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 108