Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 108

Author Topic: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Game Over  (Read 199945 times)

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Day 3 - One replacement needed
« Reply #405 on: April 23, 2013, 05:19:41 pm »

Tiruin:
And I did use my power yesterday (as promised). On the snuffed candle to check on whether it was truly snuffed or not - Meph didn't say anything @ flavor and I re-PM'd him. QED, it was really snuffed.
Which snuffed candle, again? I'm sorry, but I don't remember.

But given the context, I guess that means Vector is town (or bussing Otto but thats...O_o) as Ottofar didn't give one token about his teal candle.
To me, bussing implies that both people are on the same team. That isn't necessarily the case. Since there are no flips, Vector could simply be scum and Ottofar could simply be town.

SECOND DAMNING EVIDENCE IS THAT he did receive a message last day as stated

And didn't say anything about it - if it was crucial/he was town - he'd at least give it out.
Why is this damning?

Also, nobody's even poking at the flavor! I mean, I just woke up, am partly disfocused by the jolt of sleep that I'm both multitasking on researching on the laws of motion and their equations and Bay12 mafia and rambling any thought I've got at the moment seeing by what Ford said about Vector (which I missed >_>) and yet nobody's poking at the simple fact that (which I guess is true): "The # of candles affected per night rises by 2, or some equation of that sort."
I did, in fact, mention that. You are correct that not everyone is, though.

There is much, much more to be investigated, I agree.

On Nerjin, I'm assuming his power relates to someone living despite candles unlit.
Why?

Nerjin, why'd you target Dariush then, of all people.
How do you know this?

And couldn't this also imply he snuffed one (or both) of Dariush's candles?
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: April 23, 2013, 06:07:58 pm »

Meph: Is there any working power-over-another thing? The one where certain powers take priority in their acting over other powers like as said before?

From the Rules page:

Event Order: The order of events is generally as follows:
    Misdirection
    Role-blocking
    Protection
    Investigations
    Night Kills/Conversions
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: April 23, 2013, 07:19:28 pm »

It just occurred to me that I did not get a PM this morning. This leads me to conclude that I was indeed blocked N1 (or something similar that could cause me to sleep more deeply than normal).
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: April 23, 2013, 08:25:31 pm »

And no one is curious as to how Dariush is still around?  I am.

Dariush:  Why aren't you dead/unconscious?

Tiruin:
On Nerjin, I'm assuming his power relates to someone living despite candles unlit.

What is the basis of this assumption?

Vector:  Remind me why you targeted Otto's white candle?

I noticed that when some candles goes out, there's some sort of indicator that comes up with it.  Dariush's green had a "hint of rain and wet earth."   My green had a whiff of incense.  Soli's white candle smelled of baked bread.   Otto's white and Dariush's white had no such smoke hints.  This must be significant in some way.

The flavor from the use of my ability made no mention of incense.  From a realism standpoint, I guess you could see incense with it, but it was never specifically mentioned.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: April 23, 2013, 08:40:45 pm »

Nerjin: Can you respond to Tiruin's query, and confirm or deny that you targeted Dariush last night?

Remuthra: Why were you so suspicious of Ottofar?

Toaster:
And no one is curious as to how Dariush is still around?  I am.
Ottofar already asked. We're all waiting on a response.

Vector:  Remind me why you targeted Otto's white candle?
Because he didn't die when it went out. Also, to find out what purpose white candles have in general.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: April 23, 2013, 08:46:18 pm »

Nerjin: Can you respond to Tiruin's query, and confirm or deny that you targeted Dariush last night?

I didn't use my power on Dariush. I don't want to claim yet. Sorry.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: April 23, 2013, 08:48:38 pm »

BTW, just so there's no confusion.

Unvote Captain Ford Teal

Snuff Ottofar Teal

Nerjin: Alright. Any idea why Tiruin thinks you targeted Dariush?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: April 23, 2013, 08:50:19 pm »

Ford:  Why are you answering for Vector?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: April 23, 2013, 08:52:43 pm »

Unvote Captain Ford Teal

Snuff Ottofar Teal

Uh not really. I suppose of the two people visibly affected he took a chance and failed.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: April 23, 2013, 08:57:44 pm »

Toaster: Ironically, I was just about to point out that I don't think she ever stated her reasoning. That was the impression I got yesterday when she answered my question concerning it.

From the way you asked it, I got the impression you needed an honest reminder and weren't in it for the scumhunting.

I would actually like to hear it from her, though, in case she has anything else to add.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: April 24, 2013, 01:33:54 am »

Ford:  Why are you answering for Vector?

Just FYI, he's 100% right.

@Tiruin: I noticed the day pattern thing, but I was wondering if it was 2*# or 2#.  Let's pray it's not the latter.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: April 24, 2013, 07:47:34 am »

@All related questions ranging from Toaster/Ford and the rest on that thing on Nerjin
How do you know this?
I don't, but I'm guessing it from my theory and the flavor of the day.

Ottofar's White and Green candles are lit.

Daiush's White and Green candles are dark. A trail of smoke from the Green candle still lingers in the air, and with it a hint of rain and wet earth.
This, and that you claimed that I used a power.

So I guessed that you did your power on Dariush - that he's still alive despite having all his candles snuffed. [still working on my theory...because by now I really can't see how things work. Dariush is all blanked out, and is still present. Soli was blanked out, and got ouch'd. Is wounded = lynch? Needless to say, that stuff happened. Ottofar is being vague and superficial, which really strikes me as scummy.]

Testing @ Ottofar's white.
Which, I have to remind, was snuffed at the time. Meph didn't reply - PM or in flavor, so my power doesn't relate to snuffed candles...

Why?
>Dariush.

...I'm plaintively lost at how these things go on unless Dariush is totally different from Solifuge.

Tiruin:
And I did use my power yesterday (as promised). On the snuffed candle to check on whether it was truly snuffed or not - Meph didn't say anything @ flavor and I re-PM'd him. QED, it was really snuffed.

But given the context, I guess that means Vector is town (or bussing Otto but thats...O_o) as Ottofar didn't give one token about his teal candle.
To me, bussing implies that both people are on the same team. That isn't necessarily the case. Since there are no flips, Vector could simply be scum and Ottofar could simply be town.

SECOND DAMNING EVIDENCE IS THAT he did receive a message last day as stated

And didn't say anything about it - if it was crucial/he was town - he'd at least give it out.
Why is this damning?
Yesterday: 'I got PM.' He's only saying this after being asked.
Nowday: He isn't saying anything about what he received - what I thought then that if he was town, he'd at least say...anything. something. words. stuff. Anything regarding that PM - given that all we've known is that the Teal candle does give information. Helpful or not, its information - vague information, but something that matters. (I doubt Meph would be that cruel in this type of riddle.)

Re-reading...
...Um.
Nerjin

Unvote Captain Ford Teal

Snuff Ottofar Teal

Uh not really. I suppose of the two people visibly affected he took a chance and failed.
...So you did act on Dariush and... who are the two people? What chance exists and what failure is there?

@Tiruin: I noticed the day pattern thing, but I was wondering if it was 2*# or 2#.  Let's pray it's not the latter.
Bloody goodness if it is :/ Because if town controlled the night swapping - they'd at least say is what I'm guessing - a massclaim doesn't sound reasonable either given that...well, we've pretty much got nearly nothing to work on but the riddle of the candles and what correlates to which.

And now to address something I forgot earlier

...Why was there a tie yesterday
and why didn't anyone who was awake at that time point it out.

I'm betting someone connected to Nirian targeted Dar judging by the flavor; Avos concerning the smell of baked bread.

And if I may poke at flavor:
Day 1 end notes a suspicious timing regarding the candles. A recently snuffed candle usually gives off a wisp of smoke and all, The one regarding Ottofar implies that either he was targeted a long time ago, or that a strong gust of wind did it to blow off..everything.

D2 - nothing in regard to Ottofar's candle, but then stuff on Dariush's. The flavor seems misleading, but not on the points wherein there are clues.

The state of candles are as follows:

Captain Ford: White Candle ✓, Green Candle ✓, Teal Candle is out
    Nerjin: White Candle ✓, Green Candle ✓, Teal Candle is out
    Onyxjew944: White Candle ✓, Green Candle ✓, Teal Candle is out
    RangerCado: White Candle ✓, Green Candle ✓, Teal Candle is out
    Tiruin: White Candle ✓, Green Candle ✓, Teal Candle is out

Toaster: White Candle ✓, Green Candle is out, Teal Candle is out
    Remuthra: White Candle ✓, Green Candle is out, Teal Candle is out
    notquitethere: White Candle ✓, Green Candle is out, Teal Candle is out

Vector: White Candle ✓, Green Candle ✓, Teal Candle ✓
    Ottofar: White Candle ✓, Green Candle ✓, Teal Candle ✓
    Okami No Rei: White Candle ✓, Green Candle ✓, Teal Candle ✓

Dariush: White Candle is out, Green Candle is out, Teal Candle is out

*Solifuge: White Candle is out, Green Candle is out, Teal Candle ✓ [Not back in game...but assumed to have received a message >_>]

Tiruin begins the day with a straight to the point question to the High Priest.

"Why are you still glowing with light?"

Also, if nobody has acted on Dariush to preserve his life, then my [CANDLE:LIT] theory is broke now. Unless there's something weird with Dariush and he conveniently worships a darkness god and stuff.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: April 24, 2013, 08:32:29 am »

Nerjin

Unvote Captain Ford Teal

Snuff Ottofar Teal

...So you did act on Dariush and... who are the two people? What chance exists and what failure is there?

I apologize for that. I misspoke a little. Let me explain: I was stating that I assumed that you were fishing for information in regards to my actions last night. I extrapolated from there that your assumption that I targeted Dariush was from the fact that 2 people were affected by power roles [that we know for SURE] So I went with the theory that you simply guessed my target as a means of scaring me into revealing something.

Specifically to answer your questions: I did not act on Dariush. The two possible people were Dariush and Ottofar [I believe as I cannot take the time right now to double check this as I'm on a bit of a time crunch]. As for the odds of you guessing the person I helped it's around 50/50 I would think.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: April 24, 2013, 08:54:11 am »

Light Solifuge's white, light Dariush's white.

It looks like someone decided to make my green candle not go out completely, though I sure don't want to test the limits of my current condition.

Ford, remind me why you consider snuffing OF's teal (as opposed to, say, white if you believe Vector (which I do)) with no explanation preferable to resurrecting (or at least attempting to) either of the two 'dead' people.

Ottofar, did you receive any power? If yes, which one? Also, which message did you receive?

Tiruin & Vector, what is that day pattern thinkg you're speaking about?

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: April 24, 2013, 09:13:08 am »

Tiruin: You didn't answer these questions:
How do you know this?

And couldn't this also imply he snuffed one (or both) of Dariush's candles?

And on top of that, Nerjin denied targeting Dariush. You must have completely missed it:
I didn't use my power on Dariush. I don't want to claim yet. Sorry.

(What is with this game? It seems like everyone (including me) is missing information right in front of their faces)

PPE: Dariush also said that his green candle didn't go out completely. From what you've said about your ability, it sounds like you might be able to relight it. What are your thoughts on this?

Dariush:
Ford, remind me why you consider snuffing OF's teal (as opposed to, say, white if you believe Vector (which I do)) with no explanation preferable to resurrecting (or at least attempting to) either of the two 'dead' people.
I am currently voting to light Soli's white as well as snuffing Otto's teal. Otto didn't die when his white was snuffed before, I don't see why he would die if we snuffed it now.

Besides that, if the scum's ability to change candles is accelerating, and Otto won't die if we only snuff two of his candles, then there's no way we can take him out at all. They could relight his candles faster than we could snuff them.

So I'm acting on the assumption that something else is going on. Since he was alive with only his teal, and his candles came back while it was active, I think snuffing that first is the most important.

In any case, repeating the same actions and expecting a different result is madness.

It looks like someone decided to make my green candle not go out completely, though I sure don't want to test the limits of my current condition.
Hmm...would that imply that candles that leave a scent aren't out completely?

That wouldn't explain why Solifuge collapsed, then.

Tiruin's ability might be able to relight your candle, then, if it isn't out completely. (I'm making a guess based on what she said about Otto's white candle being "actually out")

Vector:
Have you considered the possibility that Ottofar's candles may have been the result of a one-shot ability? He could be a third-party, perhaps a demon or something. Relighting all his candles as a one-shot would be a believable ability.

Ottofar: Do you have any idea how your candles got lit?
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 108