Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 108

Author Topic: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Game Over  (Read 200205 times)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Day 2
« Reply #330 on: April 17, 2013, 08:06:59 pm »

Nerjin: Vector has claimed what her teal candle did from an inspection result. Did you not notice or do you not believe it?

Well I didn't see it the first time. But... I feel like having a second person to validate their claims would be the best thing. You cannot be sure if you only have on observed instance.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: April 17, 2013, 09:40:53 pm »

Ford: Regarding the candle argument there.

I believe Meph has made a riddle among the candles which would declare victory to town only if they can riddle it out. Now, riddles are of a simple nature though they seem complex. The process there is, I believe, complex due to the fact that we're correlating Teal and White with life - was White Solifuge's only hope? What if we re-light Sol's Green or Teal candles as opposed to the White: This one goes with the information that
> If White = Life. Sol will return
> If any lit candle = Life. Sol will return.
> If Green/Teal - Life, then any pattern we're relating is different from the rest as all White candles were lit D1 start, as opposed to only a few Teal candles being lit (who colors their candles teal anyway?!)

Anyway.
The upshot is that if he does revive, he might have gained an ability as well.
How is this possible?
You forgot listing me >_>

Tiruin: Have you talked about what your ability did to Solifuge anywhere? Is there any reason from your perspective why not lighting Solifuge's white candle would fail to revive him?
On the first: yeah. That ability was non-malevolent.

However I'd like for yourself to come up with what I'm getting as my ability is directly related to the candles. It's pretty obvious - look at Sol. From here, this, until here.

On the second: Look at Ottofar. His white didn't mean life, but he had a teal candle lit. This either speaks on the matter [Occam's Razor - simple thoughts here] that all candles = life, scum's night abilities also reflect that they're acting on what information we're giving out so they're lost too - following their wincon for a guide I believe.

Now, for my revised theory, the White is a blank candle - representing only one variable out of three which keeps the priest in; the Green may relate to Power as it seems Toasters was connected to it, and Vector...
Yeah, I think I got a notice from my god.  I have no idea what triggered that, though.
This thing; including her clarifying with Meph (note, only her green candle was done in earlier) an Teal is an unknown - however I do believe that the Teal means something as opposed to the general White of the masses.

Edit-reread:
Ford:
Part of the rationale for lighting his white candle was to prove that people can be revived at all by lighting candles. If we light another candle and he doesn't revive, we won't know if it's because only his white candle controls that or if he just can't be revived by lighting candles.

By that logic, if you light the white candle and he does come back, you won't know if it's the white candle or any candle that does it.
...This states my belief in an easy and simple way. Bluh.

Nerjin
Busy busy busy...

Light Solifuge White

Light DariushTeal

Solifuge because I figure we may as well find out if a white candle coming back on a dead player brings them back. Granted with Ottofar... I dunno. I'm having trouble thinking of why he is different... I dunno.

Dariush's teal is because I want to see what happens if a teal is lit. Hopefully it's not as someone suggested, a way to make more scum.
So why Dariush of all people? Unless we've town-aligned players who can act at night (unless there is no Mafia styled NK? That's what I'm thinking the variant is here - a mirror reflection of the day end thing: two candles switched) then I'm more inclined to see what Toaster has got. He's powerless it seems, and the only thing he has left is his white candle.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: April 17, 2013, 10:50:49 pm »

Ugh, okay juggling 3 games was not a good idea. I should finish the begginenrs and i'm having fun in Webs so i'm gonna request a replacement. Sorry but i'm stressing out over all 3 at once so i gotta cut something loose here. Have fun guys and hope to see you all in the next B. mod when i'm not in way over my head.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: April 18, 2013, 11:44:46 am »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Light Dariush Teal: Dariush, Nerjin
Snuff Dariush White: notquitethere
Light Ottofar White: Toaster
Light Solifuge Green: Captain Ford, Dariush, Okami No Rei, Ottofar, RangerCado, Remuthra
Light Solifuge Teal: Captain Ford, Ottofar, Remuthra
Light Solifuge White: Nerjin, notquitethere, Onyxjew944, Tiruin, Toaster, Vector
Light Toaster Teal: Okami No Rei, Tiruin

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Today (About 7 hours)

RangerCado has requested a replacement.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: April 18, 2013, 12:38:27 pm »

A feeling of clarity and calm washes down over all of you. Your thoughts have been clensed, and you find yourselves looking at the situation with a fresh look

The Tally sheet has been washed clean.

The Scribe's Tally Sheet

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Today (about 6.5 hours)
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: April 18, 2013, 12:40:22 pm »

Well someone's being an ass. Rescribe the tally sheet from what I can remember

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: April 18, 2013, 12:46:41 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Light Dariush Teal: Dariush, Nerjin
Snuff Dariush White: notquitethere
Light Ottofar White: Toaster
Light Solifuge Green: Captain Ford, Dariush, Okami No Rei, Ottofar, RangerCado, Remuthra
Light Solifuge Teal: Captain Ford, Ottofar, Remuthra
Light Solifuge White: Nerjin, notquitethere, Onyxjew944, Tiruin, Toaster, Vector
Light Toaster Teal: Okami No Rei, Tiruin

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Today (About 7 hours)

RangerCado has requested a replacement.

Installing backup tally...

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: April 18, 2013, 12:48:38 pm »

All of the Votes have been removed and must be restated by the voter in order to take effect.
Come play Mafia with us!

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: April 18, 2013, 12:51:24 pm »

Light DariushTeal

Light Solifuge white

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: April 18, 2013, 12:52:16 pm »

Well, that's unneccesarily irritating. Extend.

Vote Solifuge's Green
Vote Solifuge's Teal

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: April 18, 2013, 12:59:09 pm »

The upshot is that if he does revive, he might have gained an ability as well.
How is this possible?
What. Are you serious?

Vector's Green Candle was lit -> She gained an ability
Toaster's Green Candle was snuffed -> He lost an ability

That's 2 for 2 with green candles granting abilities. Can you at least admit it's POSSIBLE for Solifuge to gain one from his green candle being lit?

You forgot listing me >_>
What exactly have you claimed? It's not terribly helpful to just tell me I'm missing something unless you tell me what it is.

Tiruin: Have you talked about what your ability did to Solifuge anywhere? Is there any reason from your perspective why not lighting Solifuge's white candle would fail to revive him?
On the first: yeah. That ability was non-malevolent.
Okay, yeah. I see that now. You have claimed your ability is non-malevolent.

The most interesting thing I dug up out of your posts was this:
Theory: It's a lynch-blocking ability. Suppose we shall see.
Hint: It isn't. And. It is.
My guess:
It isn't = Doesn't block lynches
It is = Blocks kills

Since it didn't stop us from snuffing his candle, I'm guessing it would have lasted through the night and prevented it from being snuffed during that time.

Basically it sounds like you were claiming "candle doctor".

PPE: Huh. A vote reset. Given the lack of activity from most people, I don't find it a problem.

I still support lighting one of Solifuge's other candles.

Light Solifuge Green
Light Solifuge Teal
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: April 18, 2013, 01:08:34 pm »

Part of the rationale for lighting his white candle was to prove that people can be revived at all by lighting candles. If we light another candle and he doesn't revive, we won't know if it's because only his white candle controls that or if he just can't be revived by lighting candles.

Put another way, how confident are you that he'll be revived?
Explanation noted and beard stroked in pondering, though I still think white shouldn't be lit today.

About 95% positive, stemming from two facts: 1) he is unconscious and not dead and 2) we are actually allowed to light candleless people's candle.

Light Solifuge white
Why white and not green?

Light Solifuge's white, light Dariush's teal, extend.

Does anybody recognize the power used?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: April 18, 2013, 01:11:45 pm »

Well, here's my votes again:
Light Solifuge's white, snuff Dariush's white

Also, for whomever is compiling the spreadsheet: I have no abilities. I've received no additional posts since my role post and my role post just said I was close to Telmorin.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: April 18, 2013, 01:50:03 pm »

Does anybody recognize the power used?
Which power are you referring to? Not me. It is curious, though.

The more I think about it the more "dead = having all your candles out" makes sense. I'm still in support of lighting one of his other candles.

...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: April 18, 2013, 03:00:20 pm »

Eh.  Kinda curious about the Solifuge nonwhite candle myself, and I wouldn't mind seeing what happens when my teal is lit.

Light Toaster Teal
Light Solifuge Teal

Also, that's one heck of a troll ability.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 108