Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 108

Author Topic: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Game Over  (Read 199915 times)

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Day 2
« Reply #285 on: April 15, 2013, 08:11:55 pm »

Remuthra: Wait...you already answered that. Nevermind.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: April 15, 2013, 08:23:37 pm »

As in the accord...

Light Solifuge's White
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: April 15, 2013, 08:56:11 pm »

Light Solifuge's White
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: April 15, 2013, 09:52:07 pm »

Light Solifuge White
Light Ottofar White, for testing purposes.

My theory is officially dead, because I lost my role power.  Looks like the green = power may hold true.  I don't feel as close to my god, as I expected I would with more darkness.  (Hint:  my god is one of the ones I theorized would like dark)

Vector:  Why no commentary on the result of your green candle?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: April 15, 2013, 09:55:00 pm »

I got some data, but I'm not sure if it's the sort of thing that should be given right now or waited on.  Also, I'm getting confirmation on something from the mod.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: April 15, 2013, 11:35:14 pm »

PFP - I believe there's no correlation with candles and colors - that there is no concrete pattern :/

Also, busy and very moody >_>

Light SOlifuge's White candle

Why are we lighting otto's white when nothing has happened to him? He ain't speakin' bout it neither yet.
Well, like I promised: Light Solifuge's White Candle
That's a black color code.

I got some data, but I'm not sure if it's the sort of thing that should be given right now or waited on.  Also, I'm getting confirmation on something from the mod.
You got all candles lit - info please?

...I think to lynch someone, all their candles must be out or lit...Proposing to light my teal candle to test? Or anyone near a complete lit set.

My theory is officially dead, because I lost my role power.  Looks like the green = power may hold true.  I don't feel as close to my god, as I expected I would with more darkness.  (Hint:  my god is one of the ones I theorized would like dark)
So gods would like dark somehow? Explainl.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: April 15, 2013, 11:38:50 pm »

Okay.  I got an investigate on a single candle.  I used it on my teal candle.  It said that it was connected to my relationship with my god, and not to my powers.

This is perhaps profoundly useless, but there you have it.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: April 16, 2013, 04:24:03 am »

I feel no difference whatsoever, and didn't even receive a PM about the candle state change. PFP.P

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: April 16, 2013, 07:14:27 am »

Okay.  I got an investigate on a single candle.  I used it on my teal candle.  It said that it was connected to my relationship with my god, and not to my powers.

Was this from the green candle? Because if so, then its not useless. That, or someone has used his power on you.

I feel no difference whatsoever, and didn't even receive a PM about the candle state change. PFP.P

Hmm.

Poke Ottofar nonchalantly.

I believe we should use that other candle vote on testing someone elses candle other than trying it on something that doesn't give any tangible evidence. It's like flicking a switch off an on - purely aesthetic unless someone has information.

Also, I'm believing the scumkill works like a day end-ish vote. Two candles get changed. And that the scum don't know, as well as town, about what the candles actually do.

High-five the High Priest from my pedestal.

...While I really believe my Teal candle is useless [...Can't think of anything else it'd do but leave me with the fact that I've an unlit candle], I'd rather spend my other vote on Lighting Toaster's Teal Candle. What we know - I'm guessing those with white/green lit candles at D1 start correlate with the idea of Green - POWER.

Ottofar's set up was different, btw.

Teal candle = lifesaver no matter what happens, me thinks :P

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: April 16, 2013, 08:02:00 am »

Tiruin:
So gods would like dark somehow? Explainl.

Did you read the flavor in the OP?

Telmorin: God of Heaven and Earth, Justice, Nobility
Avos: God of the Sun, Fire, Men, and War
Nirian: Goddess of Fertility, Women, the Hearth
Derala: Goddess of the Night, Moon, Magic, Dreams, Prophecy
Andoras: God of the Sea

Derala is obvious.  Avos obviously would like light.  My theory was that besides Telmorin (the "chief" god) the other four would be split 2-2 in liking light and dark, with the last two being the dark-likers.

I'm totally okay with my teal candle being lit.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: April 16, 2013, 08:15:12 am »

Yeah I r-

...good point.

"High Priest, is it possible for us to leave this room and read up on the transcripts and manuscripts on the Gods? Did any of them [their people] use wax or candles in their worship?"

...Though I'm wondering. Humor me, Toaster, why do you think your green over any white?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: April 16, 2013, 08:19:26 am »

You're a priest!  You should know that.

Unless you are a TRAITOR!

Assuming you mean my teal, because SCIENCE.  Note I haven't changed my votes yet, though I'd probably change the vote from Ottofar to me.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: April 16, 2013, 08:30:38 am »

Naaahh, I'm just wondering if we could get more about the lore as it can be. Yes it was mentioned that the gods aren't totally described by those characteristics (see what I said about that case earlier :P), but just wondering on the gods at large.

I don't recall anywhere where Meph said that certain Gods are against each other - he just said something about traitors and the secret of the riddles. Obviously, a test. A test of wits? Powers? Fervor? That's the point.

Tiruin begins recounting what the High Priest said, oblivious to the fact that the guy is in front - just so that he wouldn't say it again: "There are amongst us Traitors. Heathen Spies of Morasadis who worship their gods of Light and Darkness. You must find them, and break their power."

"And NQT said something about it too, well, in response: 'Fire and Darkness are not the sole purview of the Morasadis heathens. Avos is the lord of Light and Fire, while Derala controls the night and darkness. Nor are the Twin Gods of Morasadis so simple as to call them just light and darkness. All aspects of reality are split between those gods, at least in their religion.'"

Now I do see that the explicit mention of a "Their" was stated. Its the chocolate coated text.

Tiruin blinked, as if memory just tied itself into a knot after recounting all that, nearly verbatim. "Twin Gods of Morasadis? Who is Morasadis? Why can't we infiltrate him instead?"

((Justified in the fact that while I asked that question before, it wasn't bolded.))

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: April 16, 2013, 11:15:23 am »

No, I'M Derala--so that theory doesn't make sense, because I got explicit messages saying I really wanted all three lit.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: April 16, 2013, 11:28:26 am »

PFP

Did the language actually specify "not your powers"? (Actually, I guess that might be what you were clarifying with Meph)

Makes me wonder what the significance of being close to your god is.

New theory: Some of the candles are red herrings and do nothing whatsoever. That might be the reason for the lack of smoke and scent in the flavor.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 108