Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 108

Author Topic: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Game Over  (Read 200319 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Day 1
« Reply #90 on: April 08, 2013, 08:03:15 pm »

"By the Just hand of Telmorin, may we blunt the shards of dissent that threaten our noble order!"[/i]

Like all of us good priests, I worship all the gods-- but I have always been closest to Telmorin. The white candle might indicate my allegiance thus. Perhaps, and this is just speculation, Teal represents the lesser gods of the pantheon if Sister Vector feels close to all the gods.

[Ninja'd by many- there's a lot to digest here.]

Except that all the white candles are lit. I reccomend my chart.

's a good chart.

Onyx, I can't see the candles doing nothing... but so far it seems our flavor has been more or less identical regardless of what candles we have lit. Changing them might be more important than what ones were lit or unlit at start. I'm curious to see what Okami no Rei got as flavor, though, given that all three candles are lit there.

Shall we see what happens when someone gets all 3 lit? Any volunteers?

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 08, 2013, 08:04:50 pm »

"By the Just hand of Telmorin, may we blunt the shards of dissent that threaten our noble order!"[/i]

Like all of us good priests, I worship all the gods-- but I have always been closest to Telmorin. The white candle might indicate my allegiance thus. Perhaps, and this is just speculation, Teal represents the lesser gods of the pantheon if Sister Vector feels close to all the gods.

's a good chart.

Onyx, I can't see the candles doing nothing... but so far it seems our flavor has been more or less identical regardless of what candles we have lit. Changing them might be more important than what ones were lit or unlit at start. I'm curious to see what Okami no Rei got as flavor, though, given that all three candles are lit there.

I'd only need one candle lit. I'd volunteer. But hear this: If I die because of this I shall not care for my present decision in retrospect. Still... Let's give it a whirl.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 08, 2013, 08:05:54 pm »

's a good chart.

I am willing to die for the cause.

Yeaaah... that sounded much more fanatically insane than intended. Suffice to say I volunteer for tribute.

I should lie down. Too much time on TvTropes is not healthy.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 08, 2013, 08:08:34 pm »

Spoiler: Lottsa Quotes (click to show/hide)

You dieing helps us not. We don't even know what it'll do... Unless you know something we don't.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 08, 2013, 08:09:10 pm »

However, I can confirm that the teal candle != scum.

Want to explain that line of reasoning Vector

Because I know I'm not scum, and I've got a teal candle lit.

No, I worship all of them, but I'm closest to someone in particular.  However, I feel especially close to that god at the moment.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 08, 2013, 08:09:41 pm »

I also serve all the gods but feel closest to one.  I don't see a value of claiming which one at this time.

Dariush:  Will you first try to solve a puzzle or hunt scum?

Meph:  Can you explain what you mean by voting candles?  Can you change a vote, once cast?  Can we vote players?  Is flavor relevant?

Solifuge:  Ask Okami- he already has all three candles lit.  Actually...

Okami:  Why are all your candles lit?

Priest Toaster bows before the priest, and says a prayer to the gods.  "High Priest, how do we find the traitors?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 08, 2013, 08:11:20 pm »

If teal were to indicate an investigation and green a healing ability, why then are there so many green? A white going out would probably kill someone but it could be a trick. Dieing helps us not dear brothers and sisters, what would happen if all but the white where extinguished i wonder?
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 08, 2013, 08:12:04 pm »

However, I can confirm that the teal candle != scum.

Want to explain that line of reasoning Vector

Because I know I'm not scum, and I've got a teal candle lit.

Oh you meant that it didn't equal scum... Well alright I guess. Though if you were scum you'd say that but that leads down the road to WIFOM. I apologize.

Unvote

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 08, 2013, 08:12:39 pm »

If teal were to indicate an investigation and green a healing ability, why then are there so many green? A white going out would probably kill someone but it could be a trick. Dieing helps us not dear brothers and sisters, what would happen if all but the white where extinguished i wonder?
Or if all the candles were lit? We'll need to experiment.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 08, 2013, 08:13:16 pm »

Ask Remuthra.

In that vein,

Remuthra, have you any idea what the effect of having only one candle lit is?
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 08, 2013, 08:17:03 pm »

I think the candles influence role powers.

I feel my god's presence, and "with it" I have some role ability.  Look back at the flavor- themes of light and darkness abound.  The traitors "worship their gods of Light and Darkness."  From this, I deduce that all players- town and scum- have changing roles based on the positioning of candles.

To test this, I think all the candles of one ring (not white, because it could indeed be linked to life) should be extinguished or lit.  Thoughts?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 08, 2013, 08:17:32 pm »

New thought: What do candles do while lit?

Answer: They slowly burn out.

It's possible that candles are a form of timer, and lighting them confers a benefit, but only lasts so long, and may confer a penalty once burned out. That might be why we can Light or Snuff them. Also, according to the OP (such as it can be trusted) resurrections are possible, and I really do get the feeling that White is the ALIVENESS candle (I'm viewing candles as binary states), so as long as we don't snuff it we should be alright.

Onyx, since you are excited about dying (though I'm pretty sure you'll be fine), we can Guinea Pig you. I can take no responsibility for bad things that may happen to you. Now, if you'll just sign this waiver...

Light Onyxjew944's Teal candle

Let's see if you feel closer to your god-buddy once the Teal candle is lit?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 08, 2013, 08:27:03 pm »

I'll volunteer as well. I appear to be a priest of the sun god, so I assume trying lighting all my candles is worthwhile.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 08, 2013, 08:29:13 pm »

Quick notes:

Telmorin-  Primary of the Gods

(Night) Derala -Siblings- Avos (Day)    Born of Clouds

(Land)  Nirian -Siblings- Andoras (Sea)  Born of Mountain

Avos weds Nirian- their children are Man

I'm thinking two gods prefer candles lit and two prefer them out, while a different pair prefer teal to green.  Derala and Avos are obvious opposites, while I would guess Land wants lit and Sea wants out.  Perhaps the first two are teal (sky?) and the second two are green (plant/life).

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 08, 2013, 09:50:37 pm »

Remuthra:  If you feel this question is fishing too much, you can refuse to answer, but as of right now does your flavor indicate you feel particularly close to your god right now?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 108