Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 108

Author Topic: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Game Over  (Read 200273 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - The Storm Breaks
« Reply #1335 on: May 31, 2013, 10:23:40 pm »

They are cult.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: May 31, 2013, 10:26:50 pm »

...Solifuge, Vector, Dariush and Captain Ford are cult.

*handwaves all other questions*

Last day remaining.

Seriously Web. You've been on the detail of information and its relation to Town for how long--saying many contradicting things about it. If you claim you've solved it, say it now. Because your silence does nothing but give tension. Malevolent tension.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: June 01, 2013, 12:53:59 am »

...Solifuge, Vector, Dariush and Captain Ford are cult.

*handwaves all other questions*

Last day remaining.

Seriously Web. You've been on the detail of information and its relation to Town for how long--saying many contradicting things about it. If you claim you've solved it, say it now. Because your silence does nothing but give tension. Malevolent tension.
?

I never said Solifuge was cult. I don't think he is, at least. It's possible, but unlikely. I also said Captain Ford was either cult or scum. You're making way too many mistakes to be telling me I'm contradicting myself. Which I don't believe I am. I made mistakes before, and you might be confusing yourself with those, but parroting Solifuge is not the way to go about this.

Unless you really are a part of the cult, in which case, I'd be okay with being wrong, but if you're a part of the cult, then something is wrong with the puzzle.

Also, I don't have to tell you anything. I can literally watch you all lose and not care one bit. Which is REALLY easy to do, actually. You have no idea how little everyone deserves this win. You guys have been so...

Useless.

I have figured out more of this game than all of you combined. If you don't want my help, I will leave the thread and not come back. Well, I'll come back, but I won't do anything, and you'll all lose. Well, not all of you will lose, but most of you will. Anyway, the point is, I don't have to do anything you or anyone else says. I don't take kindly to orders. I won't say anything I don't want to, and I don't want to say anything about it yet. What I would REALLY want to do is talk to Dariush or Vector. I'd talk to Onyxjew, but he's not really useful. I'd talk to you, but you're not in the cult. I'd talk to Captain Ford, but he either won't admit he's in the cult, or he's scum. There's a whole lot of reasons I want to talk to people, but nobody will indulge me.

So.

I WANT to talk to Vector, but I can settle for talking to Dariush. I have little hope of getting the information I want from Dariush, but at least it's worth a shot.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: June 01, 2013, 02:02:08 am »

In which you'd rather talk and not lay a question down, and say it all falls on you, huh :/

You're still only voting once.

Snuff Captain Ford's Green
Snuff Nerjin's Green
Snuff Ottofar's White
Snuff Webadict's Green

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: June 01, 2013, 02:19:12 am »

Do you think this was meant in an abstract sense? As in, using certain Green Candle Powers today is the only way you can win? Because we can't light all greens. Several of them are exploded. So this is probably a misguided vote.
Maybe, maybe not. I think it has something to do with lighting specific greens to get specific powers. Considering I have my green snuffed, why would I receive wisdom regarding something I cannot affect (besides publicly announcing it and hoping people will read it correctly, believe me and choose to put this course of action above all others)?

Quote from: Tiruin
Dariush: Can you expound on your case regarding Otto's white candle?
There is no case beyond 'He's confirmed scum. Let's perform an action that will very likely put him out of the game.'
Snuff Nerjin's Green
Snuff Ottofar's White
Snuff Webadict's Green
Why greens and not whites?

Also, fun fact: putting Wuba on ignore list makes the game waaaaaaay more readable, and doesn't remove a single bit of useful content.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: June 01, 2013, 03:09:55 am »

Quote from: Tiruin
Dariush: Can you expound on your case regarding Otto's white candle?
There is no case beyond 'He's confirmed scum. Let's perform an action that will very likely put him out of the game.'
Snuff Nerjin's Green
Snuff Ottofar's White
Snuff Webadict's Green
Why greens and not whites?
*Tiruin points at Ottofar's White.

That, and I'm quite sticking to the High Priest's saying of breaking traitor's power.

Also, fun fact: putting Wuba on ignore list makes the game waaaaaaay more readable, and doesn't remove a single bit of useful content.
. . .
Isn't that a bit harsh? :/

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: June 01, 2013, 04:31:21 am »

Do you think this was meant in an abstract sense? As in, using certain Green Candle Powers today is the only way you can win? Because we can't light all greens. Several of them are exploded. So this is probably a misguided vote.
Maybe, maybe not. I think it has something to do with lighting specific greens to get specific powers. Considering I have my green snuffed, why would I receive wisdom regarding something I cannot affect (besides publicly announcing it and hoping people will read it correctly, believe me and choose to put this course of action above all others)?
Pretty sure victory here has to do with snuffing specific Green Candles. "Break the Traitor's Power" means Green Candles need to be snuffed, if not shattered. Speaking of which, can anyone explain why some candles shatter, and others are snuffed or become wickless?

Looking about, you see that zombie urist has not returned from the Healing Hall. His White Candle now lies shattered, wax forming a circle where it once stood.
For instance, why did this happen? Maybe they have the ability to shatter snuffed candles... but I find it odd that Scum would super-kill ZU's White. It doesn't seem like a very good move at all.

He wants to talk to you. At least, humor him. Holding information hostage isn't generally pro-Town, but it's worse to further impede it when cooperation with that person has no cost. Since apparently I'm not good enough to talk to, can you play along for us?

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: June 01, 2013, 08:17:53 am »

So apparently Wuba holds the key to the puzzle, on full basis of everyone else holding the idiot ball and anyone that is not cult knowing his master plan ends with his death and town loss. Makes perfect sense.

Anyway, as Dariush is ignoring you; I'm a cunt that wishes I could ignore you but currently has no idea how to, also useless; and Vector is going to be gone for another three extensions, minimum, your information is useless to anyone and everyone involved. If only on the grounds that it's likely no one will ever hear of it. I'm well and tired of this game, through little fault of the mod or the game, but I'll indulge you if you're so inclined.

Go ahead, ask a member of the "cult" anything.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: June 01, 2013, 08:35:48 am »

So apparently Wuba holds the key to the puzzle, on full basis of everyone else holding the idiot ball and anyone that is not cult knowing his master plan ends with his death and town loss. Makes perfect sense.

Anyway, as Dariush is ignoring you; I'm a cunt that wishes I could ignore you but currently has no idea how to, also useless; and Vector is going to be gone for another three extensions, minimum, your information is useless to anyone and everyone involved. If only on the grounds that it's likely no one will ever hear of it. I'm well and tired of this game, through little fault of the mod or the game, but I'll indulge you if you're so inclined.

Go ahead, ask a member of the "cult" anything.
Bah. My third choice. I guess it'll do.

Okay, I know I've been hit. You guys have a really predictable pattern. I also know the extra information. But, is it you guys that are breaking the game? Because if not, then I will need to switch things around. Also, Captain Ford is scum, right? And last for now that I can think of is who else isn't on the inside? I think I've figured it out, but it's a bit of a guess. So far, I've only figured out 2, maybe 3. I think it SHOULD be 4, but what do I know?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: June 01, 2013, 09:28:17 am »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Snuff Captain Ford Green: webadict, Tiruin
Snuff Captain Ford White: notquitethere, Toaster
Light Dariush Green: Dariush
Snuff Nerjin Green: Tiruin
Light notquitethere Green: Dariush
Snuff Ottofar White: Nerjin, notquitethere, Toaster
Light webadict Teal: webadict
Light Remuthra White: Captain Ford
Light Solifuge White: Captain Ford

The Candles stand thus:
    Captain Ford: White Candle is lit, Green Candle is lit, Teal Candle is lit and its flame is red
    Dariush: White Candle is lit, Green Candle is out, Teal Candle is lit and its flame is red
    Nerjin: White Candle is lit, Green Candle is lit, Teal Candle is out
    notquitethere: White Candle is lit, Green Candle is out, Teal Candle is lit and its flame is red
    zombie urist: White Candle is shattered, Green Candle is out and its wick is gone, Teal Candle is lit
    Onyxjew944: White Candle is lit, Green Candle is lit, Teal Candle is lit and its flame is red
    Ottofar: White Candle is lit, Green Candle is out and its wick is gone, Teal Candle is lit
    webadict: White Candle is lit, Green Candle is lit, Teal Candle is out
    Remuthra: White Candle is out and its wick is gone, Green Candle is out, Teal Candle is lit and its flame is red
    Solifuge: White Candle is out and its wick is gone, Green Candle is shattered, Teal Candle is lit
    Tiruin: White Candle is lit, Green Candle is lit, Teal Candle is out
    Toaster: White Candle is lit, Green Candle is out, Teal Candle is lit and its flame is red
    Vector: White Candle is lit and its flame is red, Green Candle is lit, Teal Candle is lit

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Tuesday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: June 01, 2013, 09:36:39 am »

That, and I'm quite sticking to the High Priest's saying of breaking traitor's power.
We snuffed Ottofar's green. Much good it did us.
. . .
Isn't that a bit harsh? :/
Nope. His posts were putting me in a state of permanent facepalm, and it's not like I risk missing anything except more 'I solved the puzzle, but I won't tell which one, I won't say how, I won't tell the results, I am the only good player and you all suck, I'll spew a bunch of inane bullshit for no reason because see previous point, kthxbye'.

Anyway, as Dariush is ignoring you; I'm a cunt that wishes I could ignore you but currently has no idea how to
Profile->modify profile->buddies/ignore list.

Good point about the priest, Soli, though I fail to see any correlation between town actions and changing of his condition. The most obvious causes are the number of townies remaining alive and the time passed, but I doubt it. Making scum a bunch of doomspeakers seems kinda cheesy. :-/

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: June 01, 2013, 09:39:47 am »

We snuffed Ottofar's green. Much good it did us.
Then let us do this. Vanilla mode. The powers shift as time changes, and I have no other recourse but to do such to someone I trust.

"Ductus exemplo, Solifuge! Ecce panis angelorum!"

Take my word, you. Snuff those green candles! This will only work for today, and today only.

Yes I just used my power. No, it is benevolent. For questions to be answered because RL needs like sleep.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: June 01, 2013, 09:41:22 am »

Feel free to ignore this unless it makes sense to you:

Who just did that to me? It's going to be our last day, and I'd like to know so I don't make a mistake.

PPE: Ah, cool. I thought so, but wanted to make sure.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: June 01, 2013, 09:48:15 am »

(quick post before leaving for work)

Speaking of which, can anyone explain why some candles shatter, and others are snuffed or become wickless?
Shit.

Night 1: One candle snuffed.
Night 2: 1 Snuffed, 1 Lit
Night 3: 1 Snuffed, 1 Lit
Night 4: 1 Snuffed, 1 Lit
Night 5: 1 Snuffed, 1 Shattered
Night 6: 1 Snuffed, 1 Shattered

Maybe you can connect the dots yourself this time. I seem to be the only one who thinks this is obvious.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: June 01, 2013, 09:50:10 am »

EBWOP: Oh, and both shattered candles were UNLIT. If it's not obvious, the candle lighting ability became a candle shattering ability.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 108