Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 108

Author Topic: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Game Over  (Read 199949 times)

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Day 6
« Reply #1215 on: May 24, 2013, 11:32:28 am »

Wait I thought we were only allowed one vote on each candle?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: May 24, 2013, 11:53:06 am »

We are. Otto's just being dumb.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: May 24, 2013, 02:38:26 pm »

We are. Otto's just being dumb.
...I really recall either Captain Ford or Meph saying we can multivote a while ago.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: May 24, 2013, 02:40:02 pm »

I never said anything like that.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: May 24, 2013, 03:58:38 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'm beginning to realize that no matter how many times or how loud you yell something no one will hear you scream. This mafia has gotten to the point that rational thinking and clear sentences are no longer a prerequisite or even mildly expected of us. Town, scum, and whatever ZU is are screaming like retarded chimpanzees with equal misguided fervor.

Am I the only one noticing there is a total lack of cohesion here? Everyone is pursuing their own goal-set and agenda, even within the town. I'm almost completely new to mafia and all I need is a basic knowledge of ratios to know that isn't tenable. I think it's split into three camps, roughly.

Quote from: Possibly Terrible Data Set
ZU fanboys, myself included.
Wubba and his rant. Yes, you are your own party. I don't think anyone is reading your posts at this point.
People United Against All Teals, including everyone who is still in full Red Scare mode over the teal candles, which, coincidentally, is everyone without a teal lit.

Goals of each group:
Finish ZU's goal.
No idea. Probably destroying his list of people he doesn't like.
Slaughtering ZU and all the 'scum'. Ottofar and myself now, I think.

Tl;dr let's get a full post of who and why on motivations. Preferably without every single post being torn apart immediately in the stead of making your own claims.

I'll start.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: May 24, 2013, 04:10:12 pm »

I couldn't agree more about the lack of cohesion, and instead of trying to fulfill third party goals, I have suggested a way forward:

Light the greens of town
Snuff confirmed scum
and, where relevant, relight the whites of town.

It's a program, if followed, maximises our chance of victory. The teals are a distraction. Cryptic PMs from the mod aren't going to win us this, but powers might.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: May 24, 2013, 04:21:02 pm »

Onyxjew: I'd criticize you, but there's also a part of me that's willing to take the risk because I'm ready for this game to be over.

There has been no cohesion for pretty much the entire game. Solid information has been very hard to come by,

I close examine Ottofar's white candle. How much heat is it producing? Does it have a scent? What happens when I touch the halo/shield? How does it taste?
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: May 24, 2013, 07:19:45 pm »

Onyx:
Quote from: Possibly Terrible Data Set
ZU fanboys, myself included.
Wubba and his rant. Yes, you are your own party. I don't think anyone is reading your posts at this point.
People United Against All Teals, including everyone who is still in full Red Scare mode over the teal candles, which, coincidentally, is everyone without a teal lit.

Goals of each group:
Finish ZU's goal.
No idea. Probably destroying his list of people he doesn't like.
Slaughtering ZU and all the 'scum'. Ottofar and myself now, I think.

You're misrepresenting facts- I suspect intentionally.

Your groups 2 and 3 are pretty much the same, except you imply no one is listening to Web, which isn't true.  I am, for example.  Plus, I have a teal lit and I am against lighting all teals.  Your generalizations are just bringing you back to what you claim to be fighting against.

I am voting to snuff the whites of ZU, Ottofar, and Ford.  ZU because he's a claimed third party in a bastard game- I completely do not trust him.  Ottofar because he's scum (see pretty much all previous arguments against him).  Ford I have stated my case on him many times, but I haven't trusted him since D1.  He, like you, is trying to obfuscate the situation.

I'm not voting you because I bet you (probably not alone) are running a smoke screen to distract from your buddy ZU, and aren't the real threat.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: May 25, 2013, 01:42:17 am »

Okay, yeah. I'm scum. Yes. But the game is very unbalanced. Our team has a wincon nearly impossible to fulfill. Neither of us will be able to pull it off. My white candle is indeed protected, because role powers. Wasting votes on it is pointless and stupid. We did not shatter the candle. Snuffing's happened though. I should not be ignored for my scummitude, and I'd personally rather see a town than a cult win.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: May 25, 2013, 01:52:13 am »

. . . Okay, I'll go with this.

I don't trust you as far as I can throw you, Ottofar, but as I can only vote for each thing once, I'm going to do the following.

Snuff Ottofar Teal
Snuff ZombieUrist White
Snuff ZombieUrist Teal
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: May 25, 2013, 02:05:46 am »

This makes me sad.

Snuff Ottofar White
Light webadict teal
Light Tiruin teal
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: May 25, 2013, 04:30:29 am »

Unvote Otto. Snuff Otto Teal. We can kill his white when it stops being protected.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: May 25, 2013, 07:04:04 am »

Switch Ottofar White for Ottofar Teal.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: May 25, 2013, 07:29:58 am »

This makes me sad.

Snuff Ottofar White
Light webadict teal
Light Tiruin teal

Why are you not trying to fulfill your own (claimed, at least) wincon by lighting Nerjin's teal?

Why is everyone snuffing Otto's teal out of nowhere? What exactly is that supposed to accomplish?

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: May 25, 2013, 08:55:04 am »

This makes me sad.

Snuff Ottofar White
Light webadict teal
Light Tiruin teal

Why are you not trying to fulfill your own (claimed, at least) wincon by lighting Nerjin's teal?

Why is everyone snuffing Otto's teal out of nowhere? What exactly is that supposed to accomplish?

As far as I can tell people want to feel like this game is finally going somewhere so they're swarming to "lynch" the confirmed scum. What they're overlooking is that he's probably lying about his candle being protected against lynches. Remember Tiruin's power? The one that protects against lynches unless it's majority?

Unvote I've forgotten who I'm voting for so:

Snuff Ottofar White He's obviously lying about the lynch part of it to keep himself alive. If we "hammer" him it's likely that he'll get snuffed anyway. Just assuming that he's telling the truth is an bad play on our part.

Snuff ZU White as a third party he's not really trust-worthy at this point to me. He's spread his honeyed words of "This'll make progress." and all but I fail to see how if everyone who has had their teal lit with his power gets the same message. Furthermore there's no indication that his win won't end the game. As I've said before it's more likely that it'll end the game or he'll stop playing after he wins. Sorry for being cynical and all but that's just how I see it.

Snuff ZU Green for much the same reason as above.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 108