Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: Darkwood - top-down survival horror. Beta 3.0. Full release on August 17th!  (Read 22277 times)

guteks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Darkwood - top-down survival horror. Lurking on Indiegogo now!
« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2013, 03:18:04 pm »

Thanks for updating the post nenjin!

@Mookzen Well we didn't really have a choice.. We're more concerned about no feedback from the press - a ton of sites have already written about Darkwood in the past and have been very positive about it, but now after we've sent them press kits from the Indiegogo, they're silent.. That troubles us very much and we're thinking on what could be the cause. Let's hope they wake up and help us out, there's tons of people that still haven't heard about Darkwood and I'm confident they would love it.

@Iceblaster Sorry, no demo right now :( If we were to add a level editor, we would probably have to add full moddability to make it useful, and a lot of stuff is randomly generated. This would be a lot of work for us and it's not predicted in the initial Indiegogo goal.

@ScriptWolf It's a bit too late for that now ;) We were searching for a way to get onto Kickstarter for 2 weeks, asked a lot of accountants, got in touch with people who went onto Kickstarter from Europe, even with the Polish Crowdfunding Society. There was just too many possibilities that we would have to pay enormous taxes and instead of having lots of funds to make a cool game, we would get in debt to fulfill all the perk rewards and transform fans into an angry mob.
We're living in a country where there is still a law from the 1930s that prohibits public collection without specific permissions and there WERE lawsuits for successful crowdfunding campaigns here, so we have to be really careful.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2013, 03:28:36 pm »

Thanks for updating the post nenjin!

You're welcome. I live to newz about teh gamez.

Random question: is the game going to include a day/night cycle or is it all just at night? Only curious because man, that will make for one long night.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 03:32:15 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2013, 03:35:18 pm »

PTW, this looks great! My only complaint? It's not out RIGHT NOW so I can't buy it and play it tonight :(
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

guteks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2013, 05:28:50 pm »

@nenjin Yup, night and day cycle all the way! It affects gameplay significantly, as night is generally more dangerous than day, sometimes forcing you to return home.

@CognitiveDissonance Yeah that sucks, I'd play the crap out of the finished game myself!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 12:39:38 pm by guteks »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2013, 05:43:25 pm »

Sweet. The day/night cycle really adds to it IMO. Glad to hear it.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2013, 05:02:51 pm »

@Guteks

Sounds horrible man wish there was a easier way for you lot,but in all honesty I'm really worried that this won't reach it's goal. If you can I really do suggest going through kickstarter just not going down the route of physical rewards, do everything digital I really want to see this game made so badly. Do you not have friends in America, uk or where ever is convenient  who you could get to host the kickstarter for you or something like that ?

Also do you plan on releasing any more videos ? I'm really do want to see more of the game so much
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 05:08:00 pm by ScriptWolf »
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2013, 05:14:11 pm »

This would be a good time for you guys to contact Alex Poysky for help on funding, guy is awesome in the indie scene.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2013, 06:36:11 am »

Quote from: Guteks
@Iceblaster Sorry, no demo right now :( If we were to add a level editor, we would probably have to add full moddability to make it useful, and a lot of stuff is randomly generated. This would be a lot of work for us and it's not predicted in the initial Indiegogo goal.
[/qoute]

Ah, well I hope Darkwood is as good as it looks currently
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 10:19:25 am by Iceblaster »

guteks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2013, 09:21:26 am »

@ScriptWolf I think the campaign is coming along nicely, there's still 3 weeks till the end and we're already more than 1/3 on the way to our goal. We're working nonstop right now to get some new content to show soon that will hopefully get press attention. As of now only RPS coverage got us some traction..

guteks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2013, 01:25:28 pm »

We've got a brand new gameplay trailer! Check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSjnDKBLZbc and tell us what you think!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #56 on: May 27, 2013, 01:36:11 pm »

We've got a brand new gameplay trailer! Check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSjnDKBLZbc and tell us what you think!
Epic.

And creepy.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 27, 2013, 02:00:24 pm »

_Love_ the music.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #58 on: May 27, 2013, 02:02:38 pm »

The whole presentation was fantastic.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 27, 2013, 02:07:28 pm »

Posting to watch.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9