Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 93

Author Topic: Magic Mafia - Game Over!  (Read 217867 times)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia - Day 3: Bacon And Begging
« Reply #945 on: April 29, 2013, 02:23:25 pm »

I also played Trouble in TT (and the minecraft equivalent Trouble in MineVille), so I get where you're coming from.
I haven't seen any games with 2 SK's. However, I also haven't seen games with town poisoners, so that doesn't mean much.

Thanks for the heads up, I might ask you later about that, though. I'm guessing an action-prism or something?
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: April 29, 2013, 02:35:18 pm »

More like you'll have to try and save everyone... This ability is the one i think will get me killed honestly, i was afraid of it the second i read it in my role post.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: April 29, 2013, 02:55:24 pm »

That's what I meant by action-prism.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: April 29, 2013, 03:00:48 pm »

yeah, just looked up what an action prism was. You were right. Now to finish this day of school. Back in 2 hours.
[/quote]

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: April 29, 2013, 03:08:21 pm »

BYOR 5.5 had two SKs in it.  That game was pretty high on the crazy-meter, if you're looking for comparisons.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: April 29, 2013, 03:12:14 pm »

Vector, Griff, and Hapah:  Could each of you please give your reads on the other two?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: April 29, 2013, 03:14:35 pm »

Looking back, there used to be a whole lot more penguins active in the subforum (Org, Pandersenic etc.).

I think a second SK is implausible: the lack of nightkills is strange enough as it is with there being three assumed NK actions blocked/delayed/whatever (N1 and N2 scumkills, and N1 SK kill). Could easily still be an arsonist.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: April 29, 2013, 04:05:17 pm »

Vector, Griff, and Hapah:  Could each of you please give your reads on the other two?

I'm pretty sure the other two are town--Griffionday is obvtown for me, and although I'm admittedly bad at reading Hapah, I'm not really suspicious of him either.

@TolyK: Sorry, I just don't buy it.  You've been giving me a sour taste all game and the vote is staying put.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: April 29, 2013, 04:29:29 pm »

PFP

Read on Vector:
Town.  This is partly meta, in that Vector seems to be too busy to be able to pull her usual scum game; but she's not being overly sad about her lack of time, and is using that time to accomplish what appears to be genuine scum hunting.  She is also reacting to the things I expect town to react to, and ignoring things that she doesn't feel the need to comment on (in other words remaining focused)

Read on Hapah:
Leaning scum.  His ability claim is REALLY convenient: it's an ability that could not be used really well by scum and was claimed with relatively little prompting; but the nature of the ability he claimed makes it plausible that it would be claimed without a prompt (one-shot that's already on a clock for usefulness).  He also kept out of the case on ZU; and didn't even shoot one post at ZU to get clarification.  On the other hand I can't really fault any of his cases that he does have, and haven't really seen anything that I can press him on.  Lurking? He's been busy at work as he said.  His quietness about ZU? He had no posts in the main phase of that tunnel, so he can claim he was busy.

Truthfully the main issue with Hapah is that he seems to have distanced himself from the game and is just going around doing his own thing.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: April 29, 2013, 08:44:57 pm »

Working on my WoT, but realized it would be a good idea to put my extend vote out there now.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: April 29, 2013, 09:55:37 pm »

Day Extended to Wednesday.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: April 29, 2013, 09:57:59 pm »

Tiruin:
Tiruin: I expected something like this. I know it was a poorly placed vote, but you're currently near the top of my scum-list now, and I wanted to get my vote back on you.[...]
(snip)
I'll get back to you on the top part. I don't have time to go digging for examples now.

For the bottom part, if I were to discard my beliefs about you being lying back there, I would think you were town. Since I started to question whether you were lying or not, my suspicion of you went down too. Also, I was preoccupied with the three votes on me. Not a good reason, I know, but the truth.
Oh really now TWS. You going to flail harder?

Firstly, you aren't proving anything by saying 'I believe she's lying' by just stating it out. There must be conclusive evidence in proving someone out on a lie. I'm currently near the top of your scum-list, WHY. Because this now really feels like you're just gliding throughout the day being unsure or giving weak reasons for your vote on people. That, or you're not paying enough attention in the thread due to RL fatigue...

Still, I'm done playing the newbie card on you and while you seemingly rank town here, I'm in a state of 'What are you doing' given how you're scumhunting...anyone, actually.

So tell me, what have you come up with in that scum-list. Could I request you list that list? Who's at the top, if I'm near the top given that you unvoted...everyone else?

Secondly, your sentence after your vote = I 'think' I'll return my vote to you because I still 'THINK' you may have been lying.

So what (given our opinions clash)? As you've seen, or probably derived, I've nothing to gain from lying at all - are you acting upon the idea of lying as defined in the BM or something else? What makes me lying here, mark me as scum in that context.

And can you please be more... definitive? Please?

(snip)
Also, why are you asking such? Claimed actions? What's your intention.
Fair enough. The question's purpose? The same as all questions; to try to reveal something scummy. This was my followup question. Why this question? Because a lot of people have claimed at least one action, and information is beneficial to town.
Uh huh. Judging by your intention, how would you reveal something scummy?

First of all, can you define flailing? I think I know what you mean, but I'd like your definition.

That, or you're not paying enough attention in the thread due to RL fatigue...
This. I was feeling pretty out of it this weekend, and lacked the motivation to really comb through the thread or make nice, proofread posts.

Firstly, you aren't proving anything by saying 'I believe she's lying' by just stating it out. There must be conclusive evidence in proving someone out on a lie. I'm currently near the top of your scum-list, WHY.
I stated my reasons when I was first making my case on you. I didn't want to restate it all, because I was rushed and thought it would be unnecessary. I'll admit, I don't see the motive that much, but this is one of the biggest things that makes me think you're lying:

TWS:... Now I get where you're coming from.

And it's only now I realize that my part regarding TolyK didn't send in in any of those posts in between the link and the second-ish vote. :/ My mind was thinking that I did reply to TolyK, and then got caught up with the things in between the post after that and everything in between...
Any. Posts. Plural. But when I ask her for what I called a "Phantom Post", singular, she gives me one post.
I didn't talk about this too much at the time, because you dismissed it, and I didn't really see where else I could go with it.
Quote from: Tiruin
...And I'm damned because of semantics >_>

I'm not going to let go of this case for now, because my initial suspicion of Zrk2 was correct, but I was convinced to switch my vote by Ford. I don't want that to happen again.

So what (given our opinions clash)? As you've seen, or probably derived, I've nothing to gain from lying at all - are you acting upon the idea of lying as defined in the BM or something else? What makes me lying here, mark me as scum in that context.
You as scum would have a little bit to gain(you said you had indicated your suspicion of TolyK before, but you hadn't. If this was just a misjudgement on your part, saying you had forgotten to send in your post would have been a lot less scummy, and I was already suspicious of you), whereas I can't see a Towny doing that.

Secondly, your sentence after your vote = I 'think' I'll return my vote to you because I still 'THINK' you may have been lying.
So? It's semantics. I can see it looks like I'm afraid to commit to something, but that's what I'm like. Do those 'think's matter at all?

So tell me, what have you come up with in that scum-list. Could I request you list that list? Who's at the top, if I'm near the top given that you unvoted...everyone else?

Sure. I don't have many solid reads, though. From scum to town:

Tiruin - Explained above. Suspeced lying, etc.
TolyK - See below.
Vector? - Don't know if she should be here. Having trouble pinning her down, but gut says scummy.
Hapah - Seems to be activelurking slightly. Griffionday brought up a good point. Close to neutral.
Toaster - Basically neutral
NQT - Confirmed by Ranger, who I trust quite a bit. Haven't seen much suspicious from him.
RangerCado - Strange claims, but from his play I can't see him being scum.
Griffionday - Town. Hunts well, has made very few mistakes.

I find it strange.

TWS double votes and double unvotes, unconfirmed by any votecount existing other than being flavor...

Are you even telling the truth about your double vote TWS, or just leading us on with something which you're not effectively using as of the moment?
I certainly can doublevote. The problem with your argument is that I don't know when votecounts are coming.

Toaster:
Back on D1, after a back and forth with Zrk2, Sheep finally votes him.  He leaves that vote on for a while, without pressuring much else too hard.  But as soon as a fourth vote lands on Zrk2 and he's in line to get lynched, Sheep then unvotes him and begins tunneling Tiruin.  This is a classic distancing move, where Sheep separates himself from Zrk2 then backs off when the heat falls on him.
I don't know what I can say to defend myself from this, since it deals with factual vote placement. I will say, though, that I unvoted Zrk because I found Tiruin incredibly scummy at that point, as can be seen by my tunneling of him.

D2 he just tunnels Tiruin to extreme lengths, until after the modkills.  He votes back on Tiruin, then moves to Zombie Urist to break the tie.  He's confused about the deadline here, but the confusion isn't relevant to his alignment.  It does, however, show him voting for ZU for really contrived reasons (he said that ZU's scumlist was similar to the people who have votes on them.)   Interestingly, after I point out his deadline mistake, he doesn't revote Tiruin, despite Tiruin ostensibly being his top scum pick.
I left it unvoted because I was going for a few days. Is that less preferable to leaving a vote on someone while you're gone?

Really contrived reasons? That wasn't my only reason for voting him.
Zombie Urist: If Tiruin isn't scum then ZU probably is, seeing as he jumped on the Tiruin (bandwagon? Not sure if it was or not) soon enough. His favourite word seems to be "meh." I don't remember this kind of apathy from him in previous games I've read.
Also, I wanted to avoid the no-lynch I thought was going to occur, which was the biggest reason for changing my vote.

Then he hammers ZU with a crap vote.  He throws the Jester card and hammers him anyway.  This is a bullshit sandwich with extra lie-mustard.  He was already scum, but this just seals the deal.
Your case on me is a crap case. No, I'm not going to give any reasoning for why it is. I'll just say it's a crap case, and it should be good enough for people, right? Granted, there's not much wording around that vote, but that's not the only place I showed my suspicion. Also, it had a whole lot more reasoning than your previous two votes for me.

I already explained the jester part. I didn't think he actually was one, but was interested in his response anyway.

I'll ask you what I asked Vector: Do you believe me when I say I didn't hammer on purpose?

NQT:
Are you going to use your double-vote to force a tie at the last moment?
No. That would most likely just get me lynched the next day, or sooner, not saved by TolyK. Also, tie the vote with who? Or is this a hypothetical situation?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Griff:
Sheep:
I see jesters as slightly anti-town, they add a smokescreen to the game that confuses scum hunting until they are offed.  As such as town I don't mind killing a jester; I mean why not? You can't really ignore them until they flip so killing them quickly and getting on to the dangerous scum seems to be the normal way to act.  Sure they win, but it's highly unlikely that town will lose because of this. 

On the other hand, I feel scum have a vested interest in keeping a joker alive as long as possible to be able to shift blame to in a defensive reaction.  As well as to keep the smokescreen around for as long as possible.

Hmm. I see where confusion is coming from. In the RL version of this game I've played, we usually played where the jester's winning would end the game(it's a stupid way to play, really). If that wasn't the case, I guess lynching them wouldn't be too bad.
Zombie Urist: I really hope you're not a jester. You're acting scummy enough, though. You come out with a vote on Griffionday with absolutely no reasoning behind it, then when asked to present your case you switch it. You've been noncommittal the entire game. What is your reasoning for this? Also, you missed my question:
Zombie Urist: Are you a jester?
You've quoted this at least twice now when called to defend your ZU vote, so I'm going to assume it reflects your complete thoughts.  Why are you so concerned that ZU could be a Jester?
As I've said before, I didn't actually believe he was a jester, but was interested in his response. I just take the entire quote because it's easier than surgically removing the parts that are most important. The jester stuff is pretty inconsequential in my vote.

TolyK:
I brought out the lurkertracker, since I hadn't looked at it in a while, and found something interesting.
Your votes look like this:

Reply #152 - TheWetSheep
Reply #314 - Unvote WetSheep
Reply #860 - TheWetSheep
Reply #901 - Unvote

Unless it's malfunctioning, that's all(I don't have time to trawl through your posts to see). The first one is a RVS vote. The second was pressure on someone you had already poisoned. Why don't you vote more?

Also, why exactly are you suspicious of Griffionday?

If the next ones to look at are Griff, Ranger and Tiruin, why aren't you poking at them?

Vector: Why did you put ZU at L-1 without mentioning it?

TolyK is now at L-1. Please don't hammer. (I voted him to prove my double-vote power, but I might as well vote someone who I find scummy)

How many votes for extend do we have? How many needed?

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: April 29, 2013, 10:35:52 pm »

Sheep: We extended already.

UNVOTE and vote Sheep. I agree with most of the cases presented against him and he has not quelled my own suspicions from his answers to others. His behaviour has done nothing to help this and i don't see my vote changing. He helped lynch Ford, (so did I but i was panicky) Hammered ZU, and has acted scummier and scummier as this day has gone on.
[/quote]

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: April 29, 2013, 11:01:18 pm »

PFP

TWS: You missed a whole lot of my question and answered the superficial parts.

-snip-

First of all, can you define flailing? I think I know what you mean, but I'd like your definition.
I love how you missed all those  other questions.

Flailing. Using a flail and swinging it around like a madman. Which can relate to you, going over most things and accusing like random, judging cases against you without question at their intention or being dismissive in general. It's too broad for me to define, but here's what I see it as.

The only reasons on your case on me was lying. Why? Because of a post I missed. Because its in the past, and that you're deflecting on reason of 'because I stated such and such before so I don't have to repost it now.' I mean, can't you at least refine your posts (and use the correct pronouns for one)? So that means nothing's changed right?

You do the same to Toaster as you do to me. Handwave his case on you.

Tiruin:
[...]
This. I was feeling pretty out of it this weekend, and lacked the motivation to really comb through the thread or make nice, proofread posts.

You as scum would have a little bit to gain(you said you had indicated your suspicion of TolyK before, but you hadn't. If this was just a misjudgement on your part, saying you had forgotten to send in your post would have been a lot less scummy, and I was already suspicious of you), whereas I can't see a Towny doing that.

So? It's semantics. I can see it looks like I'm afraid to commit to something, but that's what I'm like. Do those 'think's matter at all?

Sure. I don't have many solid reads, though. From scum to town:

Tiruin - Explained above. Suspeced lying, etc.
TolyK - See below.
Vector? - Don't know if she should be here. Having trouble pinning her down, but gut says scummy.
Hapah - Seems to be activelurking slightly. Griffionday brought up a good point. Close to neutral.
Toaster - Basically neutral
NQT - Confirmed by Ranger, who I trust quite a bit. Haven't seen much suspicious from him.
RangerCado - Strange claims, but from his play I can't see him being scum.
Griffionday - Town. Hunts well, has made very few mistakes.
[....]

Toaster:
Back on D1, after a back and forth with Zrk2, Sheep finally votes him.  He leaves that vote on for a while, without pressuring much else too hard.  But as soon as a fourth vote lands on Zrk2 and he's in line to get lynched, Sheep then unvotes him and begins tunneling Tiruin.  This is a classic distancing move, where Sheep separates himself from Zrk2 then backs off when the heat falls on him.
I don't know what I can say to defend myself from this, since it deals with factual vote placement. I will say, though, that I unvoted Zrk because I found Tiruin incredibly scummy at that point, as can be seen by my tunneling of him.
Oh yes. I'm now your top pick, huh. Something made it rise? I think not, given your abstinence of saying why, or expounding on how I'm scummier than your pick before. Oh look at that, you missed me asking you of how you define lying -- not much there was for you to do but miss that question or evade it entirely, huh.

Given that your whole case on me is lying. Something of which:
> Already has the post in question down.
> Speaks about a one-time situation @ D1.
> In regard to such, speaks of me as town if not for that presumption of lying...which actually is moot given the context.
> Has not yet been defined and only inferred from the meaning of lying.

Spoiler: It all comes to this (click to show/hide)
Tiruin whirls and does magicky gestures. "Semaaaaantiiiics~"

Dodge me more, sheep. That wasn't me 'dismissing' it, it was me addressing it in all its entirety. I talked about it.
What I meant there was that there was nothing mentioned to TolyK though I thought I mentioned it to TolyK.

And to the question of that was all in it - that sounded more like "Was that the complete information?". Unsure how the singular-plural thing goes but that's how I thought it...
Meaning: I was aiming at the intention of your question there, but still you use this case as your sword against me.

Do me a favor, expound on the bolded part in this spoiler.

Tiruin:
Tiruin: I expected something like this. I know it was a poorly placed vote, but you're currently near the top of my scum-list now, and I wanted to get my vote back on you.[...]
(snip)
I'll get back to you on the top part. I don't have time to go digging for examples now.

For the bottom part, if I were to discard my beliefs about you being lying back there, I would think you were town. Since I started to question whether you were lying or not, my suspicion of you went down too. Also, I was preoccupied with the three votes on me. Not a good reason, I know, but the truth.
Oh really now TWS. You going to flail harder?

Firstly, you aren't proving anything by saying 'I believe she's lying' by just stating it out. There must be conclusive evidence in proving someone out on a lie. I'm currently near the top of your scum-list, WHY. Because this now really feels like you're just gliding throughout the day being unsure or giving weak reasons for your vote on people. That, or you're not paying enough attention in the thread due to RL fatigue...

Still, I'm done playing the newbie card on you and while you seemingly rank town here, I'm in a state of 'What are you doing' given how you're scumhunting...anyone, actually.

And can you please be more... definitive? Please?

(snip)
Also, why are you asking such? Claimed actions? What's your intention.
Fair enough. The question's purpose? The same as all questions; to try to reveal something scummy. This was my followup question. Why this question? Because a lot of people have claimed at least one action, and information is beneficial to town.
Uh huh. Judging by your intention, how would you reveal something scummy?

Firstly, you aren't proving anything by saying 'I believe she's lying' by just stating it out. There must be conclusive evidence in proving someone out on a lie. I'm currently near the top of your scum-list, WHY.
I stated my reasons when I was first making my case on you. I didn't want to restate it all, because I was rushed and thought it would be unnecessary. I'll admit, I don't see the motive that much, but this is one of the biggest things that makes me think you're lying:

TolyK is now at L-1. Please don't hammer. (I voted him to prove my double-vote power, but I might as well vote someone who I find scummy)
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHH
> TWS Votes TolyK to prove double vote power without asking for votecount.
> "Please don't hammer." out of anything possible to mention, like giving thought about TolyK. No. It's just a please don't hammer thing.
> The bolded part speaks your intentions. Love the lack of definitive thinking for one with a second-top scumpick on TolyK, for some reason is below me in your reasoning.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: April 29, 2013, 11:02:00 pm »

No time, no time...I might need to replace out. Let me see how these visits treat me. Work is kicking my ass so hard.

I was going to try to make a post, but I'm literally falling asleep at the keys. I'll try tomorrow.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 93