Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 93

Author Topic: Magic Mafia - Game Over!  (Read 217879 times)

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia - Day 3: Bacon And Begging
« Reply #915 on: April 28, 2013, 04:41:31 pm »

Tolyk: That role seems to have a lot of parallels to an Arsonist. Is there a reason you didn't claim the failsafe mechanism? (a yes or no will do here)
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: April 28, 2013, 04:55:22 pm »

Hapah: Fair enough. Unvote Hapah

You bring up a question, though.

Ranger: (This may have been asked already)If you thought Vector was likely to get killed, why switch him with someone you had confirmed as town? You were banking on the slight possibility that it would be a lover attacking?

Vector: This is mostly gut feeling, but I'll put it out here anyway.

Every post you make has more scum-sauce flying out of it.

TheWetSheep, thank you for the explanation.  I was frustrated with not being able to get my reasoning out, which is why I voted you, in particular, for the hammer--I think I trust that it wasn't intentional, though.
That's a pretty dramatic change. You even go on to defend me against TolyK. My gut says that you're dropping the case in order to get me to shift my vote, and drop my questions to you, such as:

So, you weren't sure whether my hammer was accidental or not. You didn't poke at my reasons for voting him, and still haven't. So why were you accusing me of bandwagoning?
and
Why are you saying my reason for voting him was because four others were doing the same?

Tiruin: I think I'll return a vote to you, since I still think you may have been lying.

You haven't claimed any actions yet. You don't have any information that would benefit town more than scum?

NQT:
If what Ranger says is true, then I have reason to believe Tiruin may be scum for reasons unrelated to the lovers. (Uh, this might seem a bit mysterious- but I want to hear from all players before making any big claim or anything.)
Do you have what you need yet?

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: April 28, 2013, 06:01:42 pm »

TolyK:
A couple things about your use of your ability concern me.

1: You are essentially able to cause a lynch vote on your own, and yet you target people who everyone is already focused on rather than tunneling your fainter reads to force them to crack after all you essentially have the ultimate pressure vote.  This feels a bit like you're trying to get town's approval of your actions rather than doing your own scum hunting.  Why the search for approval?

2: This:
Q: Will you poison next night?
A: I don't know yet, probably not, unless someone does something really silly today.
Uh... what? There doesn't seem to be any downside to using your ability; why not just use it to crack someone who you feel is being dodgy?

Then there's the whole issue of why you, a claimed vig before last night, aren't dead.  WIFOM possibly?

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: April 28, 2013, 06:19:14 pm »

Sheep: I took a gamble, simple as that. I didn't have any reads i was confident with to place a kill on so i gambled and apparently saved Vector if my explanation is the only one to show itself.

Tolyk:For the sake of the town, i hope this doesn't kill a bunch of people. I just can't trust you. Your logic is flawed, you've poisoned those who were going to be under heavy questioning anyway, and you have yet to ask people questions. Yes you said your too busy answering them yourself but really, you couldn't fit any in during your wall of text?
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: April 28, 2013, 08:37:25 pm »

No, sorry, I'm not dodging your questions (I'm not defending you against TolyK, either.  The fact is that he's providing a bad argument on you, whether you're scum or not).  Remember that long post you made here?

In particular, this:

Oh wait. Now I see the misconception. "I don't see why it makes me so much scummier than those others" was pertaining to my accidental hammering, not the question I asked you.

You made it clear that the question you asked had nothing to do with the reasons for your hammer, but instead was a question about why I was worried about your hammering in the first place.  Because of its positioning in the paragraph, I got confused.  That was why I said that everything was cleared with your explanations, and should hopefully provide the answer to your questions--because I thought that you, yourself, had in fact provided the answer to those questions in the above post.  It was not "I voted him because there were four others and why not," but rather "I voted him and four others did, too--why aren't you poking them?  What's particularly scummy about my being the hammer?"  This seems like a bit of a deflection and worries me, but I'm currently busy with the poisoner who seems to have been caught out lying.

Am I missing anything?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: April 28, 2013, 08:52:00 pm »

TWS
Tiruin: I think I'll return a vote to you, since I still think you may have been lying.
...And nothing for me to answer? I think I'll return a vote to you since I think you may have been lying....and? What? Is there anything you want me to defend given that sentence?

Oook, I really think you're doing this wrong. {When you accuse someone, put something to follow it up with.} Because tbh, I sighed when reading this - you do read more town than scum to me (or in the very least...newbie scum doing poorly on trying to implicate others? Yeah, the latter really didn't turn those circular gears in my brain to make enough sense in regard to your playstyle.)

You haven't claimed any actions yet. You don't have any information that would benefit town more than scum?
I've a very good reason why I haven't claimed any actions. But I did do something to Hapah N2, hence me asking him a rhetorical question back then.

Also, why are you asking such? Claimed actions? What's your intention.

Toaster: Where are you, and what do you make of all this? Checkin' back, I see many short paragraphs with detail based on observation rather than you chasing your own leads.

Going to let people scumhunt for you or what?

Ranger
Sheep: I took a gamble, simple as that. I didn't have any reads i was confident with to place a kill on so i gambled and apparently saved Vector if my explanation is the only one to show itself.

Tolyk:For the sake of the town, i hope this doesn't kill a bunch of people. I just can't trust you. Your logic is flawed, you've poisoned those who were going to be under heavy questioning anyway, and you have yet to ask people questions. Yes you said your too busy answering them yourself but really, you couldn't fit any in during your wall of text?
Seriously Ranger. I'll get the sentence that stood out from that.

For the sake of the town, i hope this doesn't kill a bunch of people.
So this means that you'd rather vote him, and then possibly hope that it won't kill a bunch of people. Thinking such, TolyK never answered that sort of question regarding 'my poisoned people die if I die!' whereas he did a :P instead.

Which now seems a lot more like trolling given the context of joking commonly as opposed to sporadically but that's the word I was looking for...which still doesn't match what I'm thinking about it :/

Well, given that you've somehow investigated a target under poisoning (NQT - D2 Day investigate one-shot), this would make sense. What if TolyK's poisoning did kill a bunch of people though, what would you do, given that that seems to be your foremost reason for voting him? Curious here. Because I see you putting possibilities which contradict each other in the future along with what you observed in the past in your posts - sorting it out here.

Griff
TolyK:
A couple things about your use of your ability concern me.

1: You are essentially able to cause a lynch vote on your own, and yet you target people who everyone is already focused on rather than tunneling your fainter reads to force them to crack after all you essentially have the ultimate pressure vote.[...]
TolyK can hammer? How?

PPE Vector.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: April 28, 2013, 09:31:33 pm »

Tiruin: I expected something like this. I know it was a poorly placed vote, but you're currently near the top of my scum-list now, and I wanted to get my vote back on you. I'll need to look for something to press you on that you haven't already answered, but I don't think I have the time or the  presence of mind right now.

I've a very good reason why I haven't claimed any actions. But I did do something to Hapah N2, hence me asking him a rhetorical question back then.

Fair enough. The question's purpose? The same as all questions; to try to reveal something scummy. This was my followup question. Why this question? Because a lot of people have claimed at least one action, and information is beneficial to town.

Vector: Okay. Unvote Vector

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: April 28, 2013, 09:43:56 pm »

Tiruin: I expected something like this. I know it was a poorly placed vote, but you're currently near the top of my scum-list now, and I wanted to get my vote back on you.[...]
(snip)
I'll get back to you on the top part. I don't have time to go digging for examples now.

For the bottom part, if I were to discard my beliefs about you being lying back there, I would think you were town. Since I started to question whether you were lying or not, my suspicion of you went down too. Also, I was preoccupied with the three votes on me. Not a good reason, I know, but the truth.
Oh really now TWS. You going to flail harder?

Firstly, you aren't proving anything by saying 'I believe she's lying' by just stating it out. There must be conclusive evidence in proving someone out on a lie. I'm currently near the top of your scum-list, WHY. Because this now really feels like you're just gliding throughout the day being unsure or giving weak reasons for your vote on people. That, or you're not paying enough attention in the thread due to RL fatigue...

Still, I'm done playing the newbie card on you and while you seemingly rank town here, I'm in a state of 'What are you doing' given how you're scumhunting...anyone, actually.

So tell me, what have you come up with in that scum-list. Could I request you list that list? Who's at the top, if I'm near the top given that you unvoted...everyone else?

Secondly, your sentence after your vote = I 'think' I'll return my vote to you because I still 'THINK' you may have been lying.

So what (given our opinions clash)? As you've seen, or probably derived, I've nothing to gain from lying at all - are you acting upon the idea of lying as defined in the BM or something else? What makes me lying here, mark me as scum in that context.

And can you please be more... definitive? Please?

(snip)
Fair enough. The question's purpose? The same as all questions; to try to reveal something scummy. This was my followup question. Why this question? Because a lot of people have claimed at least one action, and information is beneficial to town.
Uh huh. Judging by your intention, how would you reveal something scummy?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: April 28, 2013, 11:36:43 pm »

You... weren't voting for me.  You had already long ago swapped your vote to Hapah, then to Tiruin:

Do you even care about your target?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: April 28, 2013, 11:42:57 pm »

Bah, morning.
Quick note though:

You... weren't voting for me.  You had already long ago swapped your vote to Hapah, then to Tiruin:

Do you even care about your target?
He has TWO votes... he unvoted you, once. And voted for Tiruin.
You missed that?
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: April 28, 2013, 11:56:35 pm »

Uh. . . he was voting for me twice?

Okay then.  He only wrote it once.

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: April 29, 2013, 01:51:56 am »

PSP (Pre-Sleep Post)  Don't expect brilliant analysis, just a couple things I thought I should cover before I turn in.

Vector

I think he voted both you and Hapah, then unvoted Hapah to swap to Tiruin, then unvoted you.

Tiruin
TolyK can hammer? How?
He can't; well, no more than I can.  What I meant is that he is capable of offing someone at the end of the day even if no-one is voting them.  This translates in my mind to a LOT of available pressure on his part, as he can effectively say: "Even if no-one else agrees with me entirely, you will be lynched at the end of the day if you don't satisfy me that you're town."  Does that make more sense?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: April 29, 2013, 06:26:10 am »

PFP
PSP (Pre-Sleep Post)  Don't expect brilliant analysis, just a couple things I thought I should cover before I turn in.

Vector

I think he voted both you and Hapah, then unvoted Hapah to swap to Tiruin, then unvoted you.
He did that, actually. That's what I'm poking at...He currently says he activated a double-voter thing.

First:
Vector
Hapah
Later
> Unvote Hapah - Tiruin
Unvote Vector - one post later.

I think Vector needs a bit of rest to clarify things ^-^

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: April 29, 2013, 08:08:34 am »

Webadict grabs an apple and eats it. Then he eats some bacon.

Vote Count
------------------------
Griffionday -
Hapah -
notquitethere -
RangerCado - Hapah,
TheWetSheep - Toaster,
Tiruin - TheWetSheep,
Toaster -
TolyK - Tiruin, Vector, RangerCado,
Vector -
No Lynch -

Not Voting - TolyK, Griffionday,

5 To Hammer. Day Ends Monday 9 PM Central.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: April 29, 2013, 09:04:40 am »

I find it strange.

TWS double votes and double unvotes, unconfirmed by any votecount existing other than being flavor...

Are you even telling the truth about your double vote TWS, or just leading us on with something which you're not effectively using as of the moment?
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 93