Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 93

Author Topic: Magic Mafia - Game Over!  (Read 217784 times)

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia - Day 2: Reraveling the Universe
« Reply #810 on: April 19, 2013, 09:52:21 pm »

And oncee agian, ZU picked those who had the most votes as his highest scum picks. The only one who isn't there for that reason is Griff, and i didn't even see him after him.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: April 19, 2013, 10:17:23 pm »

I'm rereading tomorrow morning.  This has been just the worst week and I'm finally able to relax a bit, so I want to keep my chill a bit longer.

Cheers, dudes.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: April 20, 2013, 04:38:26 am »

TolyK
@TWS:
That is actually a good idea, unless one of the lovers is gonna be lynched.
...How does this make any added sense? The only thing a Lover has is the [LOVER] tag...which I believe wont do anything if they did roleclaim at all.

Fun Fact: I contemplated on sending in Rome-Mancer. :P
Oh you funny man. Too funny to ignore me asking you something, huh.

TolyK
He's statistically at the highest on the list, not that I have anything on him in terms of posts.
Umwhat.
Griff is statistically highest in the scumlist, but there's the second part which goes against the first.

Um. Ok?

That was seriously not a figure of speech. That quote there, I mean. On DS, I figured that you were relating her case on him there?

Meaning, clarify that chain you did with the three?

Oh, and this tidbit.

TolyK
Quote from: Regarding NQT
Well, technically, I poisoned you last night. I can save you today, and tomorrow, etc. though.
Technically?

Griffionday - Possible scum (50%)
Hapah - Probably town (10%)
notquitethere - Alignment checked by Ranger (40%)
RangerCado - Tied in with NQT (40%)
TheWetSheep - Tied in with Tiruin (35%)
Tiruin - Tied in with TWS (35%)
Toaster - Probably town (10%)
TolyK - :P
Vector - Likely town (20%)
zombie urist - Possible scum (50%)

That is 290% in total, so that's about right, considering I didn't give myself a percentage.
[...]
...How is Griff on your top list of scum when I see nothing leading up to him from your posts?[...]

As I said, it's weights, not actual percentages.
And basically, yeah, it's who I'd suggest watching, and who might be a good lynch candidate Statistically, and what are just the odds.

I have strange math, but it works.
It does make sense, but the bolded part screams subtlety. Good lynch candidate for...what reasons?

TWS
Alright, we have a bit over an hour left, and not many votes are out there. I'll throw my vote on Tiruin for now, but ZU is a fine choice too.
So what's with the finery in choic-
Hmmm. Actually, the tie needs breaking. Looks like it comes down to me.

Unvote

zombie urist
T-
Wait, really? Oh. Alright then, unvote.

I feel stupid now.
...So you leave it unvoted then?

As in, not on anyone? At all?

I'm rereading tomorrow morning.  This has been just the worst week and I'm finally able to relax a bit, so I want to keep my chill a bit longer.

Cheers, dudes.
Whoo! First night I've had free all week!  Time to re-read the whole thread!
(Three lab reports and a pre-lab all to done this week).

Re-reading the whole game with regards to the flips now.
Woo! Some people also share my pain! :P

Moderator Webadict: Requesting Weekend Votecount.

Tiruin examines personal clothing.

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: April 20, 2013, 04:58:16 pm »

Hapah:

TWS: Wuba said I'd lose the confirmation ability if I tried to confirm a statement from the wrong person. Since I got a response it looks like I made it to Toaster unless something really tricky is going on.
Lose as in be unable to use again or what?  Could you let us know a bit more about how your role works in general?

It is interesting that Ranger called out the presence of a truth-teller role EARLY day one.  What did you think when he said that there could be such an ability?

Ranger:

Okay, i don't want to be a liar so i'll say a couple suspicions i have that may have no basis other than gut feeling.

NUMBER 1: I believe that there are atleast 2 roles out there that will investigating during the day. This is more gut feeling that anything else. One could also be that Truth-Finder role i mentioned earlier.
First point...

Anyway, the second point.  Why were you so sure that there were at least 2 day investigates out there?  One was obviously you, why did you think there was another one?

Zombie Urist:

I'm thinking lovers should focus on trying to ascertain that each other are town, and then compare notes in private.  I'm fine not knowing who they are provided we know that they're out there and not about to put us into LyLo or MyLo without us knowing.  Basically as long as they're a pair it's fine if they remain anonymous.

What do you think her case against you is?  Yes, you think she has it because she's scum, but what are the tenants of her attacks?  How has your read on Tiruin developed over the course of the day?
Total BS. Unfounded in reality. She has not gotten townier.
In addition the the questions from my previous comment, I was hoping you'd expand more on what you think her case is rather than what it's value is.  So if you could expand on what you think it is that would be great.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: April 20, 2013, 06:12:57 pm »

Request replacement.

I'm having nontrivial mental health problems.  Going to leave the forums for another while.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: April 20, 2013, 06:21:23 pm »

Request replacement.

I'm having nontrivial mental health problems.  Going to leave the forums for another while.
Well...

That blows.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: April 20, 2013, 06:26:58 pm »

well, good luck.
This post is at 2:26 in the morning for me, ask me what I am doing please.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: April 20, 2013, 06:32:51 pm »

Actually, I dunno.  Don't replace me yet.  I should give it a couple of days.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: April 20, 2013, 06:38:00 pm »

Actually, I dunno.  Don't replace me yet.  I should give it a couple of days.
If it makes you feel better, you can have your Mathemagem back.

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: April 20, 2013, 06:49:09 pm »

More questions!

Tiruin:

Whaa?

Vector did not do anything as she said.
How do you know what she did?

NQT:

Sure, if I'm scum then Ranger must be- I'd agree with you so far.
Obviously, him flipping town would do wonders for my credibility but that's a pretty awful reason for lynching someone.

Hmm...

Ranger
I had been hoping for an inspect on me for some time. I hope you're legit.

Why were you hoping for "an inspect" rather than "someone to confirm your story"?

Vector:
I'm sorry to hear that!  I hope things clear up for you soon.

Web:
I KNEW YOU HAD IT!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: April 20, 2013, 06:52:21 pm »

That is. . . that is so not the problem.  Don't worry about that.  I'm a little disappointed at playing badly, but that's not hurting me at all.

No, this has been a week so bad in a six-month stretch so bad that I've snapped a little bit under the load.  I don't really want to go into all the details.  I'd be at it all day.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: April 20, 2013, 06:55:20 pm »

Griff: Obviously the first was me yes. I thought there would be a second due to it being a BYOR and thinking "if i have this ability, there must be atleast one other who can inspect during the day as well." Which, if Hapah isn't lying, was him and I was right.

Vector: Hope you feel better soon. The game wouldn't be the same without you! (and the fact that we lost a quarter of the players already doesn't help  :( )
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: April 20, 2013, 07:05:32 pm »

That is. . . that is so not the problem.  Don't worry about that.  I'm a little disappointed at playing badly, but that's not hurting me at all.

No, this has been a week so bad in a six-month stretch so bad that I've snapped a little bit under the load.  I don't really want to go into all the details.  I'd be at it all day.
Meant in the way of your mental health clearing up, not the game (the point of the game is that it's a muddle right?) 

And I'm sorry about your load, I hope it lightens for you.

Ranger
Ditto

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: April 20, 2013, 07:12:01 pm »

No, I mean that giving me something nice in this game unearned is not going to make me a happier camping implement.

Anyway, here are some good things that have happened the last six months:

Published a book which is #3 on Amazon in its category (translations of a particular Russian poet), and we've barely even started marketing
Near-perfect on the GREs (170/170/5.5) without studying
About to graduate
Awesome gaming group fun

I am going to keep in that part of my life for a while, and just... forget the other parts :I

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: April 20, 2013, 07:27:50 pm »

I'm not sure whether you're talking to me or Griff. I only meant to get a laugh out of you. EDIT: It appears it was to me.

I know, I know. Cheap laughs. What can I do? I got through a lot by getting laughs out of me, people, whoever. I'm sure it probably didn't help, which sucks, but I have to acknowledge people aren't all like me.

Anywho, this guy still managed to make it this far in life. I'd like to help as many people get as far as they can. It's kind of my mantra.

I'd like to say it's probably not as big as it seems, but... maybe it is! What do I know? I'm a faceless nobody to you. I mean, sure, that penguin to the side might be your mental image of me, but in reality, I'm just some kid on this planet who occasionally has people try to stab him. Such is my life.

So, instead of me rambling on all day about what you should do, because I'm not at all informed on any problems at all, I think I'll just let you figure out what's best for ya. And if you decide there's something I can do to help you out, well I'll try to do what I can. As would just about anyone here.

Long story short: Don't stay if it gets in the way.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 93