Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 93

Author Topic: Magic Mafia - Game Over!  (Read 217855 times)

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia - Day 2: Reraveling the Universe
« Reply #795 on: April 19, 2013, 08:27:44 am »

So i've lied through my teeth, NQT has been poisoned, and Tolyk has done complicated Math while poisoning NQT...  ???  (This game just gets weirder and weirder)

Tiruin: My main thing with Godfather is that we could all like the Love mage. This could also be the fact if theres a friendship mage. My reasons for using Day inspect on NQT instead of my scummiest pick are that if i think hes very scummy, i should go after him and use my ability on someone else whos making me nervous or confusing me a lot. At the time my top scum pick was Zrk, who i gave the benefit of the doubt day 1, and i tried interogate him today. He ended up not posting as much as Day 1 but was more calm... until Modkill.

Tolyk: I'm going to assume for this conversation that you have lovers. So heres what i can gather: NQT gives you lovers during the day. You poisoned NQT last night. NQT will die unless you give him some sort of temporary antidote so he can last another phase without needing it. I'm guessing your scum and wanted to kill NQT somehow, Your Town and got angry at NQT and think hes scum, or your trying what i did and lie to the whole thread in an attempt to put NQT on a leash.

NQT: If Toylk has lovers, now may be a good time to tell us.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: April 19, 2013, 10:01:26 am »

PFP

TWS: Wuba said I'd lose the confirmation ability if I tried to confirm a statement from the wrong person. Since I got a response it looks like I made it to Toaster unless something really tricky is going on.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: April 19, 2013, 10:53:27 am »

Zombie Urist: Are you a jester?

Tiruin:
TWS
[...]
Tiruin:
Actually, it occurred to me a while ago, but I still thought you were scummy. Who would I address it to? Somebody else? They don't know your motives any better than I do. You? I wouldn't trust anybody's answer to a question about their own motive.

Now I'm not sure whether I'm more suspicious of Tiruin or ZU.

...So you're unsure, and you thought I was scummy. Ok?

And of course, you would address it to the person in question - you thought I was lying so you voted/questioned me on it, aye. But then about the lying part...I'm guessing you're using the thinking that liars = scum?

The bolded part looks like a huge contradiction - its saying 'I wouldn't trust anything', in short - Others don't know my motives, but can try to guess/pressure it. You wouldn't believe the target's own explanation of their motive, instead, then?
Of course I'm unsure. I don't have any concrete information.

Liars = scum? Not always, but often. I didn't see any benefit for a townie to lie the way I thought you did.

A contradiction? How? No, I wouldn't trust someone I thought was scum when they're telling me their motive, especially if that's one of the major things incriminating them.

Also
Hapah:
Quote from: TWS
Hapah: How would a redirect of your truth power work?
I'd guess that when I asked Wuba to confirm Toaster's statement, Wuba would ask what the hell I was going on about.
Can you get some sort of mod confirmation on this?
You ask Hapah of how he thinks his power would work, then ask mod clarification after he answers.

Whaa?? What are you thinking?
Yes. Why wouldn't I? Hapah said he guessed how it would work. He wasn't sure. I'd like to know how something like that would work, and I don't think I could ask the mod myself about somebody else's power.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

Something of interest:
- I am immune to kills from my lovers picks. I omitted this information before to set this trap. Now that there's been no night kill it strongly confirms my suspicions: there's a high chance that one of my lovers tried to kill me last night. A scum or 3rd party lover would have a massive incentive to kill me before I was able to reveal who they were.
If you think it's so likely that they're scum then maybe you should tell us who they are. This little magic act grows tiresome.
Zrk, a mafia, told NQT to reveal the lovers. Could this mean they're not actually scum, or is he using WIFOM?

A Proposition: If any player is about to be lynched, maybe they should do a full claim at the last second if possible. That way, if they flip town, we have a lot more information.

PPE: Hapah

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: April 19, 2013, 11:07:18 am »

So i've lied through my teeth, NQT has been poisoned, and Tolyk has done complicated Math while poisoning NQT...  ???  (This game just gets weirder and weirder)

Tolyk: I'm going to assume for this conversation that you have lovers. So heres what i can gather: NQT gives you lovers during the day. You poisoned NQT last night. NQT will die unless you give him some sort of temporary antidote so he can last another phase without needing it. I'm guessing your scum and wanted to kill NQT somehow, Your Town and got angry at NQT and think hes scum, or your trying what i did and lie to the whole thread in an attempt to put NQT on a leash.

NQT: If Toylk has lovers, now may be a good time to tell us.
There's no question for me to answer here, though I will note that you seem to really want folks to spill everything out. :P Considering you've lied, and considering you're one of the folks who would be informative to lynch, I'm really thinking of voting for you.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: April 19, 2013, 11:07:56 am »

@TWS:
That is actually a good idea, unless one of the lovers is gonna be lynched.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: April 19, 2013, 11:19:23 am »

Sheep
- I am immune to kills from my lovers picks. I omitted this information before to set this trap. Now that there's been no night kill it strongly confirms my suspicions: there's a high chance that one of my lovers tried to kill me last night. A scum or 3rd party lover would have a massive incentive to kill me before I was able to reveal who they were.
If you think it's so likely that they're scum then maybe you should tell us who they are. This little magic act grows tiresome.
Zrk, a mafia, told NQT to reveal the lovers. Could this mean they're not actually scum, or is he using WIFOM?
It's an interesting point, but perhaps revealing the lovers would help both scum and town. If a lover is scum, then town might be more reticent to lynch them as they know they'll be lynching two people. Obviously, though the reverse is true: if the lovers are both town, scum would want to know who they are so they can get a free double-kill.

A Proposition: If any player is about to be lynched, maybe they should do a full claim at the last second if possible. That way, if they flip town, we have a lot more information.
I've already prepared my death note for that eventuality, but let's try to avoid lynching people just so they spill the beans.

Tolyk, I hope you're preparing a response for me right now. To put things in a different way: if you let me die of poisoning, when I flip town you're going to have some hefty explaining to do. I can understand why you'd poison me of all people, or claim to have done. I think I get where you're going with this. Let's not let this have an ugly ending.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: April 19, 2013, 11:29:12 am »

Tolyk, I hope you're preparing a response for me right now. To put things in a different way: if you let me die of poisoning, when I flip town you're going to have some hefty explaining to do. I can understand why you'd poison me of all people, or claim to have done. I think I get where you're going with this. Let's not let this have an ugly ending.
Well, it seems you see the light. :P
You have a day and a night, at least.
Now... what do you think of lynching Ranger? Or who would you rather lynch instead?
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: April 19, 2013, 11:30:07 am »

Fun Fact: I contemplated on sending in Rome-Mancer. :P
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: April 19, 2013, 01:13:00 pm »

TolyK
Well, it seems you see the light. :P
You have a day and a night, at least.
Now... what do you think of lynching Ranger? Or who would you rather lynch instead?
I don't think Ranger is a good choice. Obviously, him flipping town would do wonders for my credibility but that's a pretty awful reason for lynching someone. I've looked back on his interactions with Zrk2 and I'm not reading it as scum distancing. Have a look yourself though. Not sure who I'd rather lynch at this stage-- I'm still rereading in light of the flip.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: April 19, 2013, 07:56:34 pm »

Alright, we have a bit over an hour left, and not many votes are out there. I'll throw my vote on Tiruin for now, but ZU is a fine choice too.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: April 19, 2013, 08:43:12 pm »

Hmmm. Actually, the tie needs breaking. Looks like it comes down to me.

Unvote

zombie urist

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: April 19, 2013, 08:56:30 pm »

You realize the deadline was pushed to Monday, right?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: April 19, 2013, 09:08:34 pm »

Wait, really? Oh. Alright then, unvote.

I feel stupid now.

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: April 19, 2013, 09:20:59 pm »

Whoo! First night I've had free all week!  Time to re-read the whole thread!
(Three lab reports and a pre-lab all to done this week).

Re-reading the whole game with regards to the flips now.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: April 19, 2013, 09:43:54 pm »

Sadly I still don't have too much time to play today.

I'm kinda annoyed by how no one's claimed to have been lover'd but I can see their view.

I assume there were two kill attempts last night that failed since a mafia + SK flipped, but unfortunately we don't know the nature of these kills.

The only possible resolutions so far are that NQT's lover-block thingy is true and TWS's hide thingy is also true. But there's a lot that haven't been claimed so these aren't the only possible cases.

Updated list of reads:
Scum to town:
Griffonday
RangerCado
notquitethere
Tiruin
TheWetSheep
Vector
Toaster

Null Reads:
TolyK
Hapah

I'll try to fit a reread over the weekend.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 93