Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 93

Author Topic: Magic Mafia - Game Over!  (Read 217878 times)

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia - Day 2: Reraveling the Universe
« Reply #780 on: April 18, 2013, 08:51:53 pm »

Tiruin: Okay, lets see if i can figure this out. You asking why i worded it as "until is see"? I said it like that as i am naturally trying to see who is scummiest from their posts and any developments that come up. That was my line of thinking when i said that
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: April 18, 2013, 08:57:57 pm »

Hapah:
Quote from: TWS
Hapah: How would a redirect of your truth power work?
I'd guess that when I asked Wuba to confirm Toaster's statement, Wuba would ask what the hell I was going on about.
Can you get some sort of mod confirmation on this?

Tiruin:
Actually, it occurred to me a while ago, but I still thought you were scummy. Who would I address it to? Somebody else? They don't know your motives any better than I do. You? I wouldn't trust anybody's answer to a question about their own motive.

Now I'm not sure whether I'm more suspicious of Tiruin or ZU.

A note: I'm going to be gone for all of Saturday and most, if not all, of Sunday.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: April 18, 2013, 09:13:42 pm »

Unvote.  I need to reconsider this now that we're suddenly down 3P.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: April 18, 2013, 09:16:42 pm »

Zombie Urist

I'm not voting as I want to be careful not to get a hammer on you until AFTER you've a chance to defend yourself.  On that note: still waiting for reply.

NQT:

Anyone we now know are going to die(unless we can protect)?
Mod, can protects be used to save a suicidal lover?

Tiruin:

I see, thanks. 
And now to wait for his response...

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia - Day 2: Grand Slam [1 Replacement]
« Reply #784 on: April 18, 2013, 11:29:09 pm »

I was attempting to facilitate communication between the two of you.
Fair, comment dropped.
Not worthy of comment.
What do you think her case against you is?  Yes, you think she has it because she's scum, but what are the tenants of her attacks?  How has your read on Tiruin developed over the course of the day?
Ok.
Ok. You were still rolefishing though.
Please define noncommittal. Also please highlight passages that you think are noncommittal.
Total BS. Unfounded in reality. She has not gotten townier.

Until....

Zrk2 flipped mafia. Since he was voting Tiruin, this makes her less scummy. I'll need time to check for bussing. But this also means that Griffonday is my top choice and I will need to reread further with the flips in mind. A proper case will come later.

RangerCado
ZU: I see no scumminess in Tiruin's posts but yours have slowly creepped into scumminess for me. You've more or less just tunneled her (mafia tunnel not DF tunnel) for the past few pages and had evidence that i don't see the scumminess in for all of your points. My vote goes to you until i see someone else scummier. And if someone thinks i'm just tying the vote against NQT or buddying him or Tiruin, I have posted several times previously that i didn't agree with his points and that he seemed to be getting scummier.
Please go through my posts and point out the scumminess you see. Also, its hard to be more vague about "more or less". Am I tunneling or not?
Please respond to this.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: April 18, 2013, 11:48:50 pm »

Ranger
Hapah: I used my day cop ability to finally quell my suspicions on NQT as I was getting tired of trying to sort through all the nuances of his claims. Since he appears to be a love mage, i tried to figure out as much as i could about his abilities through the lie because i have no clue if Web would make a love mage have a GodFather ability. I used my Day-Cop today and not yesterday as i was planning to use a night action during the night and save it for later. I decided against using the Night ability for my own reasons which i don't feel i need to reveal right now.
You can use a day ability and a night ability, y'know. (your post makes it sounds like an either/or thing, but you can do both unless you've got some sort of role restriction).

So you inspected NQT today, got a Town result, and then tried to pick apart his abilities because you thought he might have a Godfather-type thing built in? Do I have that right? It seems a bit...excessive. Why use the inspect on him at all if you have reason to second-guess the results?

Welp.

If UI is in a Wuba game, he is a SK and should be lynched immediately.
TRUTH. How many is this in a row, now?

Hapah:
I'd guess that when I asked Wuba to confirm Toaster's statement, Wuba would ask what the hell I was going on about.
Sure.

Tolyk: Am I correct in remembering that you said NQT is going to die today/tonight, but that you can stop it? If it's all true, I'd say go ahead and save him: he's got an (alleged) town inspect and (essentially) forfeited a daykill. This does not seem like something scum would do. What are your thoughts?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: April 19, 2013, 12:09:02 am »

ZU: Okay, quotes hate me on my DSI and i'd rather not go through 10 mega-posts of you argueing with Tiruin so i'll paraphrase.
First of all, a quarter of your answers to what people find wrong with your statements have been "meh." ...Why would you do this so many times?! It makes no sense and just makes you suspicious as you appear to not care about their concerns.

Secondly, and this is just now, you've allieviated a small amount of suspicion from Tiruin because Zrk was after her today and flipped mafia... You realize Zrk was after me the whole day 1 right? If i was his scum buddy, why would he leave his vote on me that entire day? It was mostly OMGUS on his part anyway, and even when my vote left him, he kept his vote on me for shaky reasons that everyone else on the thread discounted as unimportant.

And lastly, i haven't agreed with any of your arguements against Tiruin who you have been tunneling this whole day. I find your reasons unreasonable and overly picky. (satisfied with my answers yet?)
Hapah: I know you can use an ability during the day and another during the night, I was (and still am) trying to be conservative with limited abilities. I think that I can assume we all have 3 abilities in this game, with many being one or two shots. If you think you'll survive the night or day, why not use your abilities sparingly? I used my inspect on NQT before i started thinking of him possibly being Godfather-esque. It came to mind shortly after i got my results as we can reliably assume his element is love. We all love him so we don't see his scumminess, that was my reasoning behind thinking him possibly having a godfather-esque ability.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: April 19, 2013, 12:47:34 am »

Zombie Urist

You missed some of my questions, I'm sure you'll get to them in your next post

Please define noncommittal. Also please highlight passages that you think are noncommittal.
noncommittal => Not worthy of comment
Quote from: zombie urist
Meh

Until....

Zrk2 flipped mafia. Since he was voting Tiruin, this makes her less scummy. I'll need time to check for bussing.
How does one check? Do you re-read your pm to see if Tiruin was in fact one of your buddies?

But this also means that Griffonday is my top choice and I will need to reread further with the flips in mind. A proper case will come later.
I await with eager anticipation.  Although wasn't I supposed to be scummy primarily for chainsawing you?  Wouldn't that mean that I'm less scummy if Tiruin is less scummy?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia - Day 2: Grand Slam [2 Replacements]
« Reply #788 on: April 19, 2013, 01:27:31 am »

[...]
Until....

Zrk2 flipped mafia. Since he was voting Tiruin, this makes her less scummy. I'll need time to check for bussing. But this also means that Griffonday is my top choice and I will need to reread further with the flips in mind. A proper case will come later.
Scum to town:
Tiruin
notquitethere
Toaster
Griffonday
Urist Imiknorris

RangerCado
TheWetSheep
Vector
Hapah

Null Reads:
The Soldier

TolyK
Zrk2

I believe NQT and Toaster have moved and the reads have shifted, ZU? And...Griff was scummy not because of the accusation of chainsawing, but something popped up; you say I've not gotten townier but then I'm less scummy and then Griff has something to do with-

Wait, case later. Got it. What's yer read on TolyK, again?

Ranger

Tiruin: Okay, lets see if i can figure this out. You asking why i worded it as "until is see"? I said it like that as i am naturally trying to see who is scummiest from their posts and any developments that come up. That was my line of thinking when i said that
...So until now ZU is scummiest? Why did you not act N1 anyway and say that you could still do it N2?  Thats saying you've two one-shots if that's the case, which I find...strange. The other side is that you've a continuous action; did a day-action-investigate, and then...that stuff.

Why did you pick NQT and not the [your] scummiest target? What makes NQT so special over everyone else? Reasons behind him?

[...]Hapah: I know you can use an ability during the day and another during the night, I was (and still am) trying to be conservative with limited abilities. I think that I can assume we all have 3 abilities in this game, with many being one or two shots. If you think you'll survive the night or day, why not use your abilities sparingly? I used my inspect on NQT before i started thinking of him possibly being Godfather-esque. It came to mind shortly after i got my results as we can reliably assume his element is love. We all love him so we don't see his scumminess, that was my reasoning behind thinking him possibly having a godfather-esque ability.
Because conservative with limited abilities means more than 1 one-shot, which I presume you're acting under.

...However, that notice of one/two shots never crossed my mind. Its the bolded part which got me in a  :o stance. Reliably assume...? And that "we all love him" so we don't see scumminess?

I'm not really getting how that relates with his powers. Yes he has a lovers' thing, but even he didn't know that (NQT - Ford) ties.

TWS
[...]
Tiruin:
Actually, it occurred to me a while ago, but I still thought you were scummy. Who would I address it to? Somebody else? They don't know your motives any better than I do. You? I wouldn't trust anybody's answer to a question about their own motive.

Now I'm not sure whether I'm more suspicious of Tiruin or ZU.

...So you're unsure, and you thought I was scummy. Ok?

And of course, you would address it to the person in question - you thought I was lying so you voted/questioned me on it, aye. But then about the lying part...I'm guessing you're using the thinking that liars = scum?

The bolded part looks like a huge contradiction - its saying 'I wouldn't trust anything', in short - Others don't know my motives, but can try to guess/pressure it. You wouldn't believe the target's own explanation of their motive, instead, then?

Also
Hapah:
You ask Hapah of how he thinks his power would work, then ask mod clarification after he answers.

Whaa?? What are you thinking?

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

Griff

Until....

Zrk2 flipped mafia. Since he was voting Tiruin, this makes her less scummy. I'll need time to check for bussing.
How does one check? Do you re-read your pm to see if Tiruin was in fact one of your buddies?
I think you meant 'did'. Because in the present form, it sounds really weird.

Still...huh?

Checking for bussing = looking back in the thread. It would be quite...err, quite an insult to a person's memory if they even forgot their own team. Why, of all the ideas that you could ask him regarding this, do you point to a PM? Because...this also goes to me like you're subtly suspecting me, passively.

What's up?

5 To Hammer. Day Ends Monday 9 PM Central.
Just noting it down. We've a loooong way to go.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: April 19, 2013, 01:39:21 am »

Fun stuff.

Tolyk
One of the things that NQT might want to know is that he is about to die, at the end of the day, and I'm still not sure about saving him, though I'm leaning towards that.
When I read this earlier, I scanned past and just thought you were saying I was vote leader for the lynch and I didn't think much of it. Then I reread and saw what you were saying!
Good that you came in time, I guess.
Quote from: NQT
Uh, how do you know this? Are you about to kill me?
I'd like a bit more information before I can decide what to do. If I know I'm about to die, then my town play will change: there's so much more I can tell town that won't be of any use to us once I'm dead, but if I'm going to live won't be in town's interests to share.
Well, technically, I poisoned you last night. I can save you today, and tomorrow, etc. though.
If I don't save you, you're going to die. This bypasses kill protections and such.
In light of recent events, though...
Read till the end, please.

TolyK
So since you were waiting on NQT - what can you say about this reply, huh.
Or this?
Back to my question - what were you hoping to see as a reaction from the guy as it seems like you're his hope of life and death and your cover story is proving him town or not.
Second post is just above. The first post:
If you knew Ranger was lying about knowing your ability names, why didn't you call him out?

Also, call it rolefishing all you want, but how many abilities do you have?  If it's not three, why not call him out about knowing that too?
He'd already explained that he might have been given bogus names by Wuba, and because the name 'Cupid's Arrows' was very close to what the actual ability is called, I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on that point- especially as his information on the role (until he slipped up) was all correct. I've got three abilities, so that much was true.
apparently confirms that NQT was hoping that Ranger was completely town. The catch?
If they were both scum, then this was an EXCELLENT tactic, since it's just pretty damn illogical to know everything, and instead of (psuedo-)confirming NQT as town and his abilities, they make it into a meh-meh for BOTH of them.
If Ranger's town, and NQT's scum... then the only logical explanations would be that either Ranger was redirected or something, or Ranger is making things up (which would be silly to do here  ::)). Not likely.
If Ranger's town, and NQT's town... then it all works good, except that Ranger lied, so we can't really trust him on anything.
If Ranger's scum, and NQT's town... this is the only part where you it doesn't necessarily end up good for town.
To get rid of the last thing, it might (might!) be a good idea to lynch Ranger. However, that gives us a 50% chance to lose town, but it practically confirms NQT's alignment, so I dunno. Up to you folks.

Tolyk: Am I correct in remembering that you said NQT is going to die today/tonight, but that you can stop it? If it's all true, I'd say go ahead and save him: he's got an (alleged) town inspect and (essentially) forfeited a daykill. This does not seem like something scum would do. What are your thoughts?
Of course it's not something scum would do, but the problem is nobody would ask "who wants to have a chat?" and do the traps and such, as well. So I have to consider the more outrageous possibilities as well.
I'm also thinking I'm going to save him, but I want to see what he thinks of the rest of this post.

So... my theory is in the Ranger-NQT department (see above), the Vector-Zrk2-NQT department, and the Hapah-Toaster department.
Zrk2 was shown to be scum, so that lowers Vector's and NQT's likelihood of being scum. Vector is weakly-confirmed Town.
Toaster was actioned by Hapah to know his alignment (basically), though Hapah wanted to do a multiple-detect, so I'm inclined to believe him. That makes Toaster medium-confirmed Town, and Hapah weakly-confirmed Town.

That leaves Griffon, TWS, Tiruin, Zombie Urist and Me. I know that I'm town, though you don't need to believe me just yet, so I'll assume that.
We have a Scum and SK down, so at most 3 scum.
Given TWS and Tiruin, they got really distanced, so I am inclined to believe they're different alignments, or both town. That leaves 2 of Griffon, ZU and me to be scum, unless off course one or both of NQT/Ranger are scum, which we can find out any ways. So, my likelihoods?

Name - Likely alignment (% chance scum - not statistical, but gut feeling)

Griffionday - Possible scum (50%)
Hapah - Probably town (10%)
notquitethere - Alignment checked by Ranger (40%)
RangerCado - Tied in with NQT (40%)
TheWetSheep - Tied in with Tiruin (35%)
Tiruin - Tied in with TWS (35%)
Toaster - Probably town (10%)
TolyK - :P
Vector - Likely town (20%)
zombie urist - Possible scum (50%)

That is 290% in total, so that's about right, considering I didn't give myself a percentage.
So. NQT. You get me?

PPE'd by Tiruin. (Note: Looks like Tiruin's getting shocked that folks are quietly suspecting her, eh? :P Mostly jk)
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: April 19, 2013, 01:48:45 am »

TolyK
Quote from: Regarding NQT
Well, technically, I poisoned you last night. I can save you today, and tomorrow, etc. though.
Technically?

That is 290% in total, so that's about right, considering I didn't give myself a percentage.
You're doing your math wrong...

...How is Griff on your top list of scum when I see nothing leading up to him from your posts? Details please? How does Zrk/Vector/Toaster relate? The thing Vector said on DS, D1?

PFP

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: April 19, 2013, 01:55:04 am »

Griff

Until....

I think you meant 'did'. Because in the present form, it sounds really weird.

Still...huh?

Checking for bussing = looking back in the thread. It would be quite...err, quite an insult to a person's memory if they even forgot their own team. Why, of all the ideas that you could ask him regarding this, do you point to a PM? Because...this also goes to me like you're subtly suspecting me, passively.

What's up?
I'm asking him what method he plans on using to check for busing.  Seeing as I'm inquiring after future actions "Do" felt more appropriate. 

I'm aware of what he meant.  I'm implying that he's scum in a more round about way than you or ZU tend to.  Rather than say "You're scum" I'm implying that he plans to check if you were being bused as apposed to just pressured by Zrk2.

Shouldn't I be though?  Actually shouldn't you be passively suspicious of me as well?  I'm not saying that you're scum, all I'm saying is I'm a suspicious bastard (read "townie") who only believes that three people are confirmed town, and two of those are dead.

TolyK
Ooo! Math!

Reads it... Well yeah that makes sense.  I of course would argue a couple numbers, but I'm assuming this is just to guide who you're going to watch closely right?

One other question:
I'm not sure what you're checking that with.  300% for the three scum?  I'm not sure I follow why that would make sense.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: April 19, 2013, 01:59:41 am »

Quick post, gotta go soon.
the %'s are not actual math percents, but rather a weighted multiplier for scuminess.

TolyK
Quote from: Regarding NQT
Technically?
Yeah, there's a big technological process for that. :P
More seriously, it was a figure of speech.
Quote from: Tiruin

You're doing your math wrong...

...How is Griff on your top list of scum when I see nothing leading up to him from your posts? Details please? How does Zrk/Vector/Toaster relate? The thing Vector said on DS, D1?
It does add up to 290%.
He's statistically at the highest on the list, not that I have anything on him in terms of posts.
Wait, what DS?

TolyK
Ooo! Math!

Reads it... Well yeah that makes sense.  I of course would argue a couple numbers, but I'm assuming this is just to guide who you're going to watch closely right?

One other question:
I'm not sure what you're checking that with.  300% for the three scum?  I'm not sure I follow why that would make sense.
As I said, it's weights, not actual percentages.
And basically, yeah, it's who I'd suggest watching, and who might be a good lynch candidate Statistically, and what are just the odds.

I have strange math, but it works.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: April 19, 2013, 02:07:23 am »

Griff
Shouldn't I be though?  Actually shouldn't you be passively suspicious of me as well?  I'm not saying that you're scum, all I'm saying is I'm a suspicious bastard (read "townie") who only believes that three people are confirmed town, and two of those are dead.
I've my reasons why you as scum is not that reasonable as opposed to reading you with suspicion. While your posts did have the essence of a doubtful man, there were certain minor (and hard to find the exact word for describing) things which take more of a town read than an anythingelse read.

TolyK
He's statistically at the highest on the list, not that I have anything on him in terms of posts.
Umwhat.
Griff is statistically highest in the scumlist, but there's the second part which goes against the first.

Um. Ok?

That was seriously not a figure of speech. That quote there, I mean. On DS, I figured that you were relating her case on him there?

Meaning, clarify that chain you did with the three?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: April 19, 2013, 06:17:05 am »

Griff
Anyone we now know are going to die (unless we can protect)?
Nope. Both the lovers are still alive.

Tolyk
[snip]
So. NQT. You get me?
Uh, I think I might be missing a step in your reasoning. You assume there might be at most three scum, and then later you seem to take it as fact that there are three scum. You're saying you think there's a fair chance because of XYZ that I might be scum and my fate and Ranger's are interlinked. Sure, if I'm scum then Ranger must be- I'd agree with you so far. You're holding me to ransom with the threat of poisoning, what do you want from me Toly K?
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 93