Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 93

Author Topic: Magic Mafia - Game Over!  (Read 218141 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia - Day 2: Grand Slam [1 Replacement]
« Reply #720 on: April 17, 2013, 10:09:58 pm »

Because yesterday his excuse for being all wussy was that he'd be more useful after nighttime.  And now we're saying it's a day role, which gave him a full cop on one ability--but he's apparently got data on another ability, too.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: April 17, 2013, 10:10:55 pm »

Uhh, guys. Did you really just wish to vote on Ranger without looking back? Unless I missed something, this stands out.

The thing is Ranger seemed to have lumped the protect ability into the ability he read in this post:
Griff: ah, i knew i was forgetting something. The lovers are unable to directly kill NQT

Which NQT says is a different ability.

My thinking is Ranger (or another scum assuming he has access to the chat) was hit by "Cupid's Arrows" and then constructed that ability conformation from NQT's posts (looking to see if this is possible at the level he described it at)... I'm seriously hoping there's a better explanation for that post that Ranger can provide when he gets back.

What Ranger has claimed about his ability is that it gives him a town/scum read on the player as well as a list of their abilities.  He then selects an ability, and gets a complete description on the ability.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: April 17, 2013, 10:24:14 pm »

Oh.

I was reading that in a way which he was restating what NQT said:
The lovers are unable to directly kill NQT but if their scum they could probably get a scum buddy to carry out the kill. As for my ability, i am able to determine one players alignment and get the details on one of their abilities based on the names given to me by Web.
Then moved on to talk about his ability due to the presence of the bolded thing. The point of wrong wording [their as opposed to they're] also had a thing on me.

...OH. Now I see it. That sentence wasn't even asked. Though...I'm pretty much putting that to his language as it looks thoroughly impractical for a lover to kill- no wait, they didn't know that at the time.

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: April 17, 2013, 10:36:21 pm »

Okay, I'm not so sure that it's possible to forge this:
NQT's Lovers ability: called Cupid's Arrows, this ability connects 2 people together (target A and target B) at anytime the user chooses (day or night). If one dies, the other shares the fate shortly after. (the end of the next phase) This ability also gives the two a private chat to discuss amongst themselves. Their alignments are not revealed to eachother, nor are they told who used the ability on them. (though NQT just said it out loud so that part is kinda null and void)

He has 2 other abilities With the first having the initials: L F K   and the second having the initials:  H  B.
at the level required just using this post.  Unless he, or another scum, was targeting (giving him the alignment and thing about the ability knowledge) and he decided to BS the ability initials when NQT didn't object to the "Cupid's Arrows" thing being slightly off.  The fact that he took the time to claim that it sounded like something that was in post format and not what Webadict's flavor was like sounds suspicious now.  However the fact that the protect was NOT in this post speaks well of his case.

An easy way to test this theory would be to see if the full names of those abilities match/make sense with what NQT has.  We know they are slightly mangled so should be fine to be shared.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: April 17, 2013, 10:38:55 pm »

...And Webadict was right. Okay, lets come clean here... and probably get killed for it anyway.

I was not hit with lovers.

I did inspect NQT during the day (one-shot day inspect), I however, did not get any knowledge of his abilities. I was trying to gambit a mass confirmation from him on his lovers ability and everything attached to it. Which worked out rather well until my last post. All the knowledge i said was what i had pieced together and guessed which it seems was mostly accurate. Cupid's Arrows was actually the part where i thought i would get called out on this. It seems i was also right that he has 3 abilities which appears to be just 1 left now if everything he's confirmed from my guesses is true.

I did help the town by finding out more about NQT's lovers ability and there are a whole lot of posts that we can check for scumminess after your all finished biting my head off. Yes i lied through my teeth to get this information, but as long as NQT wasn't lying as well, we can figure out quite easily if he is town. (if you don't trust my only real information that showed him town)

My vote stands on ZU for all my previous reasons and i'm ready for the uproar.

One last thing to WEB: Is there a dead chat?

(PPE: from Girff and Tiruin)
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: April 17, 2013, 10:40:18 pm »

What I'm trying to say is that it sounds like he got a full copping but lied about it, and was lying also about getting night (rather than day) data.  How is his lying advantageous to town?  That's the question.

...And Webadict was right. Okay, lets come clean here... and probably get killed for it anyway.

I was not hit with lovers.

I did inspect NQT during the day (one-shot day inspect), I however, did not get any knowledge of his abilities. I was trying to gambit a mass confirmation from him on his lovers ability and everything attached to it. Which worked out rather well until my last post. All the knowledge i said was what i had pieced together and guessed which it seems was mostly accurate. Cupid's Arrows was actually the part where i thought i would get called out on this. It seems i was also right that he has 3 abilities which appears to be just 1 left now if everything he's confirmed from my guesses is true.

I did help the town by finding out more about NQT's lovers ability and there are a whole lot of posts that we can check for scumminess after your all finished biting my head off. Yes i lied through my teeth to get this information, but as long as NQT wasn't lying as well, we can figure out quite easily if he is town. (if you don't trust my only real information that showed him town)

One last thing to WEB: Is there a dead chat?

(PPE: from Girff and Tiruin)

. . . Or this, which is just confusing.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: April 17, 2013, 10:47:57 pm »

Ranger:
I am remarkably impressed by your ability to carry a lie that far and craft it that well. 

The verbiage of the post doesn't sound like your normal language though (a bit more technical and using parenthetical statements a bit more often than you normally do), so I'm a bit suspicious of your claim to being in on this alone.  Also how did you get the "Their alignments are not revealed to eachother" part? Lucky guess?

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: April 17, 2013, 10:52:46 pm »

Griff: Completely. Actually, most of that was major guess work... my dad always said my family was lucky if you didn't worry about the outcomes affects to yourself.
[/quote]

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: April 17, 2013, 11:02:33 pm »

Ranger:
Griff: Completely. Actually, most of that was major guess work... my dad always said my family was lucky if you didn't worry about the outcomes affects to yourself.
Fair enough.

Honestly, dispite the fact that you lied to us blatantly, it wasn't on something that seemed critical to proving your own innocence.  You were also willing to reveal your hand when you were forced to rather than use the outs I gave you. Unvote until you do something actually scummy.  You did have an actual one-shot day inspect that you used on NQT right?

Also were you acronyms "Love's First Kiss" and "Heart Break"?  If so, really dude?

Zombie Urist
You posted right after Ranger messed up.  Did you read my and NQT's posts?  If so why didn't you comment on them?

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: April 17, 2013, 11:09:15 pm »

It was actually Love at First Sight and Heart Break. I was panicking a bit. The basic day inspect was true though.
[/quote]

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: April 17, 2013, 11:11:19 pm »

Ranger:
How does "Love at First Sight" have the acronym L F K?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: April 17, 2013, 11:14:45 pm »

Ranger
Probably get killed? Why are you reflecting on your life...again? Sounds like you're demoralized, huh.

Why?

Why are you panicking?
Still didn't answer my query to you regarding that.

Hm. Major guess work then - what led to that guesswork?

PFP

PPE:...Judging by the wording, then LFS could mean how NQT is immune because lovers. Still doesn't explain how because of the wording but just me thinking out loud.

And if its a phone or keyboard, the S key is far from the K key.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: April 17, 2013, 11:16:38 pm »

Questions for RangerCado:
Yes/No:
Do you admit the initials you gave for his role ability were made up?
What is your read on Tiruin?
Is NQT town?
Did you action during N1?
Short answer:
Why did you choose NQT to target in the first place?

ZU
Specifically, which claims do you doubt? What possible incentive would I have to lie about this stuff?
All of them basically. I also find it strange that the other two people who can confirm your lover ability haven't done so. Also Vector claims to have no-actioned. So the other claim is kinda iffy too. Maybe cuz your scum.
Oh yay last sentence  ::)
Maybe cuz he's scum. What are you doing about it?
No one in the past ever had a problem with the numbering system.
He means on how you address the points in the numbers, I guess.
That's not how scumhunting works. Why would I want to eliminate town? I'm going to eliminate scum by lynching them, regardless of pressure and other BS. Who have you eliminated as town?
Uh huh.
Scumhunting works in a dual nature. You eliminate town in the process of finding scum. How simple is that to go over your scummy thoughts, buddy? You're going to eliminate scum by lynching them - ok. Is your case based on scumhunting - probably. Lynching them? That part is based on scumhunting and redirects back on the idea of dual nature.
2. Yes. I have no reads on those with no null reads, but I'm fairly confident on my Tiruin read. There is a difference between a "neutral read" and a "null read".
And you do nooooothiiiing about your null reads~
So about your Tiruin read. Let me ask you a hypothetical question. What if I pop out town? What then, given your reads - what'll you do next?
1. Asking questions.
2. Ok. I want to know what he says not you.
3. Ok. I guess.
4. I'm not going to worry about my null reads until the scummy people get lynched.
5. Question the next scummiest person.

I'm pretty damn sure ZU is scum based on how he's twisting my words.[/b] See below.
Cutting short:
Quote from: Focusing on the statement regarding these ones here
1. I don't think they're irrelevant. In fact this is a pretty good example of you being dismissive. And ignoring all other questions.
2. I was talking about being confident in my read. Way to misrepresent my argument.
3. Defending you by attacking me. Its not stopping or hindering me, but its still chainsawing.
1. Look at how you ellipsis'd that one question. I'll answer it in full here so there's no misunderstanding (It's relative > the definition of Standard/Non-standard game)
Yea, it is relative because
Why do you call BYOR a "nonstandard" game? What constitutes a "standard" game?
BYORs are nonstandard due to the fact that the player roles are sent in by the players. That constitutes critical thinking and a different approach to scumhunting than standard games. Standard games follow the principle of the Mod being the one to distribute the roles and knowledge of roles. Just like Bastard Mafias games falling under nonstandard, the word standard pertains to the common category.
most people derive their scumhunting/playstyle from.
2. Way to misunderstand. I asked you before that:
That was your response to this question, right? Because if so, then that's just stupid.
You react to the side commentary. Nice one scumbag.
3. ...
Quote from: BM
Defending/Chainsawing: Defending just means what it sounds like: saying things to defend another player's actions or words. Chainsawing or chainsaw defending means attacking someone who's attacking another player in an attempt to get them to stop. The idea in both instances is that townies don't know if their fellow players are innocent or not, and hence have no real reason to defend them from legitimate persecution. Scum, on the other hand, know they're on a team and so are prone to not wanting their buddies found out or pressured.
See the formatting. Was Griff putting words into my mouth to explain things for me? That constitutes defending. He never, ever did such. He didn't even give an opinion like "Tiruin seems to just be-..." "I'm guessing its her local language being..." or any of that.
Nextly, I see a lot of snarky passive aggression regarding those who are poking you. False accusation of chainsawing; "It would help if you stopped being scum." without showing any inclination to counter Griff's arguments;
Listing Griffy's posts beforehand: "But. It's. Chainsawing." Because he's stating his own thoughts which are contradicting your mindset.
Yeaaaahhhh. You really deserve that sleep after slipping up. That is being obstinate, good sir.
... reads ...
1. What are you talking about "ellipsis'd"?
2. The answer to that question is yes. Your side commentary was wrong and needed to be corrected.
3. Yes he was. First example I can remember.
She probably means obfuscous (derivative form of obfuscation).  Easy words to confuse; especially as Google hates the first.
I countered all of Griffon's arguments.
All your reads except for me are basically null/town or confused/town. Why is that?

I meant eliminate from your suspect list.
Well I thought I had eliminated Ranger but...l
I decided to look up the word to rub the definition in your face (yeah I'm a twit).  Found out you were correct, and remembered the word that actually fits and sorta sounds the same.
I was assuming you have a night action that you used... So you didn't night action then?
That, my friend, is a comment.  Asking typically involves questions.  And I meant that if you are scum you're game strategy of being fairly noncommittal would serve you well.
Who else besides Ranger have you eliminated? Please give reads on Hapah, NQT, Zrk2, and Tiruin.
Ok. Why were you answering for Tiruin?
Rolefishing.
Please define noncommittal.

You posted right after Ranger messed up.  Did you read my and NQT's posts?  If so why didn't you comment on them?
They posted while I was writing the other post. I went to dinner and just got back.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: April 17, 2013, 11:30:27 pm »

ZU: Yes the initials were made up. Town. Yes. No. Simply put, His lovers ability kept making me suspicious and i wanted to find out more. (the reason for the whole lie really)

Tiruin: I was demoralized because i was suspecting no one would see me as town after this.

Griff: I was thinking Love at First Sight the entire time i was typing that while my little sister was watching the end of Snow White. Stupid disney princess movies messing with my mind.
[/quote]

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: April 17, 2013, 11:57:26 pm »

PFP

All your reads except for me are basically null/town or confused/town. Why is that?
This is how I generalize everyone. Null is that giant gap between the small border of scum and town, and suffixes added to the words scum/town are generally to say that 'hey, this person sounds in this way to me but I can't put them in the null sector because that's just for those who I haven't read upon much'. That one was to give out my stance on you - while you do have reasonable statements; statements I can agree upon, that reflects my stance on you. I would've put leaning scum or null/scummy, but then I just wanted to emphasize it for good measure.

When I added the prospect of null, incluing the dash, that's just relevant to the fact that reads change over time and the null part reflects it.

And no, it's not all my reads, but some of my reads.

2. The answer to that question is yes. Your side commentary was wrong and needed to be corrected.
Ahh, indeed. But look at what it did? It made you focus on something totally different than what the intention was.

1. What are you talking about "ellipsis'd"?
That paragraph about your questions regarding the standardism of the game. What use is that?
4. I'm not going to worry about my null reads until the scummy people get lynched.
You make me laugh. So you won't question them at all. Ever until the scummy people get lynched?

Define scummy. Define how

That's not how scumhunting works. Why would I want to eliminate town? I'm going to eliminate scum by lynching them, regardless of pressure and other BS.
this makes sense.

PPE: Why, Ranger. Explain that thought process.

Griff: I was thinking Love at First Sight the entire time i was typing that while my little sister was watching the end of Snow White. Stupid disney princess movies messing with my mind.
You know, this is the best reason I've ever heard someone give to a typo. XD

Waaait
Yes/No:
Do you admit the initials you gave for his role ability were made up?

> Yes the initials were made up.
...Ok, what purpose did this serve with your claim back there stating stuff regarding guessing NQT? Though this makes sense given that you were blaming the Mod for being cryptic.

...You didn't action, N1? So how in the world are you getting that info?
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 93