Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 93

Author Topic: Magic Mafia - Game Over!  (Read 217826 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia - Day 1: Let The Magic Begin
« Reply #480 on: April 11, 2013, 05:46:36 am »

Day is tiring :S

Summer is tiring...Body is ache.

TWS
Not a single time do you mention any missed questions. You continue as normal. If, as you say, you were voting for him because he wasn't answering your questions, I'm fairly certain you would have mentioned them. Unless, of course, you didn't ask him any.
I guess I was too focused on the others I was pressing to mention that to TolyK. Knowing the guy, he addresses everything pointed to him so I'm quite unsure how the lack of me saying the missed questions part (semantically) marks me out. The intention of me voting there garners...what?

...And I stand by what I said before. Still unsure how that correlates with the current time. How does this deserve your vote? [Other than forcefully and perhaps shamefully remind me of being forgetful]

Ford
Tiruin. I feel the Sheep is on to something, and I want to put my vote behind it.

...I can't think of anything else to add to what he said. The way that Tiruin voted Tolyk has been sticking out to me for a while.
That came off weaker than I'd intended. Let me try again.

Tiruin: WTF? Y U NO GIVE GOOD REASONS?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That came off worse than you first intended, actually.

So you want me to lie and give stuff that I can wisk out of the tip of my thoughts, right? That's the only reason I have and I'm not changing it for the sake of "good reasons". My sarcastic voice is laughing in irony at your intention up there. Meaning: I'm reading this between "what is ford doing" and "I'm wondering if he's trying to be funny at this time. Wait wat. How can someone waste a post declaring all that?" Or....you're completely stressed out for some unfathomable reason and are taking it out on me.

Because that's [the post and everything in it] going along the lines of fluff - nothing building into it. While you do say that you've nothing to add to TWS's case, I'm looking at his case as pressure. You've nothing to add to pressure or nothing to add at all. With nothing behind it but fluff and you hopping on TWS' explanation -- while he did start a case, he didn't mention the causative reasons marking that out as scum if that was his intention -- You didn't and jumped on, but I appreciate you putting your time into making a memetic picture than expounding on your post so I'll say it here...

Expound on your reasoning. Unlike TWS-

Wait, that came off weaker than I intended. Let me try again.

WTF ARE YOU GETTING AT FORD?! WHERE THE HELL IS YOUR REASONING THERE? YOU'RE JUST HOPPING ONTO SHEEP'S BACKSIDE AND USING HIS FLUFFYNESS TO BOOST YOUR FLUFF!

I've replaced DS, gonna vote Tiruin tentatively.
Tentatively, I sense a weak bandwagon of poor quality.

Why?

Update: Now I'm in the lead...Ok.

Vote Count
------------------------
Captain Ford - Toaster,
Zombie Urist - Griffionday
Griffionday -
Hapah -
notquitethere - The Soldier, Vector,
RangerCado - Zrk2, Urist Imiknorris,
The Soldier -
TheWetSheep -
Tiruin - TheWetSheep, Captain Ford, Zombie Urist
Toaster -
TolyK -
Urist Imiknorris - Hapah, RangerCado,
Vector -
Zrk2 - Tiruin
No Lynch -

Not Voting - TolyK, notquitethere

8 To Hammer. Day Ends Thursday at 9 PM Central.

Timeconverter? I've been busy the argh-day and body really aches.

Edit-post-reread:
TWS
Tiruin: Okay, I'm not sure how to take this alleged "phantom post". Can you recall what was in it and summarize for us? Also, does this mean your vote on TolyK was not a pressure vote?

I'm a bit skeptical. I'll have to reread your posts around that time and see if they make sense with your story.
Take it as you will, but I'd like you to answer how that makes me deserve a vote above. It was regarding his only post after mine, wherein I was aiming at a conversation and pinned the thought down for later whilst poking at the rest.

Fishing through my browser library, I found the post in one of the Post Reply tabs...anyway

Zrk
Ok, let me get back to your main point regarding those lurkers.
Zrk
Quote from: Zrk2 @ 323
I did not make the case that there should be no scumhunting D1, I said that policy lynches or acceptable. Obviously if someone seems very scummy then we should lynch them. But baring overtly obvious scum then a policy lynch of a lurker/terrible scumhunter is not a terrible alternative.
Lynching a lurker gives next to no information, though, right? People with meaningful interactions give a lot more information.

It doesn't, but letting a lurker live will generate even less because they won't do anything the next day either. I believe that in the long run lynching lurker will provide more information because the lurker wouldn't be doing anything the next day either.
Ugh. You're being obstinate about the lurker won't do anything during the next day. What makes you so sure about that?! Faulty logic.

Precedent is generally quite good at predicting future actions.
Hell no it isn't.

OK. Webadict messed with the rules and didn't declare anything towards lurkers.
Also, I only prod those that I am asked to prod.
'Cept this. I inserted that into how you were getting to that point but...Precedent?!
Quote from: Yeah I had to google it :X
Noun
An earlier event or action regarded as an example or guide to be considered in subsequent similar circumstances.
Adjective
Preceding in time, order, or importance: "a precedent case".
Synonyms
noun.     example
adjective.     previous - preceding - foregoing - prior - antecedent
Your only basis is that they lurked earlier. If someone was up for the lynch; meaning that lurking = online and doing other things, then they'd at least act. And now you're sticking with that kind of logic...

What would you do if they did reply? What would be your statement against them, would your suspicions remain or...what?

Webadict: -5 GMT your timezone, right? Can't bother to remember or do anything later on because physical status: Bad.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: April 11, 2013, 05:52:49 am »

Oop, missed this.

Yay: 24 more hours.

Tiruin:
Just out of curiosity, why'd you pick up the case on Zrk2 as soon as Ranger and I had dropped it?
Because I guess I've seent hings that you didn't pick up on? TBH, He's reading a much better read than before but I'm still curious about him. If I'm curious, I poke at those things until we understand each other.

...Wait, dropped what? You outing him this early? (Unsure which case you're talking about...)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: April 11, 2013, 08:09:41 am »

Central is GMT -6.  For reference, day end is a bit under 13 hours from this post.

Reading a bit
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: April 11, 2013, 08:25:13 am »

Well bless my aching bones. Something I can't participate in.

I love you timezone >_<

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: April 11, 2013, 09:39:27 am »

Well bless my aching bones. Something I can't participate in.

I love you timezone >_<
Stop living in the Philippines. Also, why are you a girl?

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: April 11, 2013, 10:55:14 am »

Oop, missed this.

Yay: 24 more hours.

Tiruin:
Just out of curiosity, why'd you pick up the case on Zrk2 as soon as Ranger and I had dropped it?
Because I guess I've seent hings that you didn't pick up on? TBH, He's reading a much better read than before but I'm still curious about him. If I'm curious, I poke at those things until we understand each other.

...Wait, dropped what? You outing him this early? (Unsure which case you're talking about...)

Please note my next reply when I realize that was a retarded question to ask, and see what you've been doing by just looking at your posts.  Something I'm terribly sorry I didn't do first.  And I meant after Ranger and I had stopped pursuing it; so yeah what you've said.

In general I'm sorry for my terribly play yesterday, I'll try to get back in the groove and stop stressing out so much about being wrong in the lynch.

Spoiler: Vote Count (click to show/hide)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: April 11, 2013, 11:13:39 am »

I want to get to grips quickly with the current state of play, so:

Tiruin, explain your vote on Ford.

Ford, explain your vote on Tiruin.

Zrk2, explain your vote on RC.

RC, explain your vote on Zrk2.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: April 11, 2013, 12:05:36 pm »

Unvote, Request replacement.

I can't keep up with this game.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: April 11, 2013, 12:07:07 pm »

That came off worse than you first intended, actually.
Meh. I had 24 hours to pressure somebody, knew that because of time zones and the fact I'm busy all of today that the only way I'd get a response was to put something up that night, but at the same time I had somebody waiting on me and also needed to get to bed.

Then I had trouble sleeping but got caught up in Meph's game.

So you want me to lie and give stuff that I can wisk out of the tip of my thoughts, right? That's the only reason I have and I'm not changing it for the sake of "good reasons". My sarcastic voice is laughing in irony at your intention up there. Meaning: I'm reading this between "what is ford doing" and "I'm wondering if he's trying to be funny at this time. Wait wat. How can someone waste a post declaring all that?" Or....you're completely stressed out for some unfathomable reason and are taking it out on me.

Because that's [the post and everything in it] going along the lines of fluff - nothing building into it. While you do say that you've nothing to add to TWS's case, I'm looking at his case as pressure. You've nothing to add to pressure or nothing to add at all. With nothing behind it but fluff and you hopping on TWS' explanation -- while he did start a case, he didn't mention the causative reasons marking that out as scum if that was his intention -- You didn't and jumped on, but I appreciate you putting your time into making a memetic picture than expounding on your post so I'll say it here...
Meh. It took all of 30 seconds to make that image up. On average, it takes me an hour to put together anything coherent for this game.

I was totally trying to poke fun at the fact that I had nothing to add to what Sheep said. If we'd gotten the extension earlier, I may have been able to come up with my own questions for you. As it was, I was pushed to the ... [I ran out of time]

WTF ARE YOU GETTING AT FORD?! WHERE THE HELL IS YOUR REASONING THERE? YOU'RE JUST HOPPING ONTO SHEEP'S BACKSIDE AND USING HIS FLUFFYNESS TO BOOST YOUR FLUFF!

*claps* That's exactly what I was going for.

Yeah, I knew that's what I was doing. I seriously did not have enough time or energy to put together anything coherent, but I had suspicions on you that Sheep had expounded better than I could.

Extend - I'm out of time. I have to take my roommate to his dentist appointment, and then I have to go to a meeting, and then I have a D&D session to go to. My schedule got totally packed today

I still can't get my head into this game. I intended to put out something to back up my vote today, but I can't, so Unvote.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: April 11, 2013, 12:14:41 pm »

Ford:
It has been over 10 posts of your's since the last time you poked someone.  In that post you ask Tiruin to explain pretty much the same thing as you ask her to in your most recent posts.  Now Sheep has stuck to his line of inquiry building into his case on Tiruin, and eventually getting to the point where he felt justified in voting on her.  You on the other hand, just jump back in without further explanation than, a meta based assumption, and saying that you like Sheep's argument and want to hear more.  (Which I should add, Tiruin seems perfectly willing to give if you just ask her a question, the vote seems meaningless)

Why did it take you so long to start poking again?  Wouldn't this help get your head in the game?
Was that intended to be a pressure vote?
Why did you decide to not pursue a similar line of inquiry as Sheep?
You're going to say Tiruin's response is "interesting" aren't you? No but you seem to find her reaction rather strong so you... unvote?
What is with the general silliness, reacting poorly to boredom? Busyness, got it.

PPE
You do know we used our last extension already right?

Tiruin:
Ford
Spoiler: Me being a twit (click to show/hide)
OMGUSing?  Your case on him doesn't seem to be the strongest that you're pursuing at the time.  But that could be because a couple lines of your post are unclear to me.

So you want me to lie and give stuff that I can wisk out of the tip of my thoughts, right? That's the only reason I have and I'm not changing it for the sake of "good reasons". My sarcastic voice is laughing in irony at your intention up there.
Uh, the first sentence is a bit unclear.  Are you saying that you've no good reason to not have changed your vote or that you've already answered this question?

Because that's [the post and everything in it] going along the lines of fluff - nothing building into it.
It seems to have been meant to add pressure to Sheep's vote.  Yeah the meme is a bit pushing the bounds of polite discourse.

Quote from: GLaDOS
Yeah! burn life's house down!
Sorry, wrong game.

Hell no it isn't.
What if anything is better at it though?

NQT
*facepalm* RC is voting on UI currently, unless you're talking about a specific post.

UI
Sorry.  Would it help that we've used our last extension already and can't get too much more verbose before the day is forced to end?

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: April 11, 2013, 12:22:34 pm »

Zrk2
I did not say a lynch would provide more information, just that any death will produce the same amount of information, all other things being equal. Other than that I see your point about actions and not just the NK. However speculation on actions during the night can often get WIFOMy because of the abundance of roles in play in this game.
But why are "all things" equal between a LaL lynch and an argumented lynch?
I was referring to a NK, not a lynch. Please pay attention.
Even more confused now, a lynch and a NK produce the same amount of information?
I think so. Do you disagree?

That is more or less how I look at it. There is value in a town read but I can never find anyone that strikes me as especially scummy.
Anyone strike you as especially towny?
Yourself, actually. You might be tunnelling a bit on me, but most of your questions are worth asking.

Zrk2: You said you were re-evaluating your case on Ranger. Now you say that you haven't seen anything suspicious from him recently, and that your re-evaluation turned up nothing of note. Why is your vote still on him, then?
Because I still feel that my previous points are valid.

As for my scum hunting or lack thereof- I'm hampered in pressing reads too hard given that I don't want to say too much about my lovers picks.
I don't follow. How would scumhunting reveal your lovers picks? NQT that sounds suspiciously like a copout.

Zrk
Ok, let me get back to your main point regarding those lurkers.
Hell no it isn't.
Why not?

What would you do if they did reply? What would be your statement against them, would your suspicions remain or...what?
That would obviously depend upon their replies. If they were full of platitudes I would go looking back through what few posts they have made to see if they were scummy in them. However if they were solid posts that answered my questions well I would be inclined to believe they had simply been busy.

At this point if you don't know why I'm voting for him that's your own damn fault. I've explained it at least five fucking times.

Oppose extend. We need to end this day sooner or later. Three extends is frankly excessive for D1.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: April 11, 2013, 12:35:04 pm »

The replace request is because I feel I can't devote enough energy to this game to play adequately. If I get more free time or the game slows down, I'll probably remove it. Meanwhile I'll be trying to keep track of what's going on just in case something sticks out.

I'm going to have to reread tonight. I just can't handle 350+ posts of Day One.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: April 11, 2013, 12:40:07 pm »

Zrk2
Zrk2
Even more confused now, a lynch and a NK produce the same amount of information?
I think so. Do you disagree?
VERY MUCH YES.  The information you seem to be thinking of is the roleflip.  We can determine what team they were on and sometimes why they were acting the way they did.

That's hardly all the information we get though.  In the case of a lynch we gain everyone's arguments as to why they voted the way they did.  If their reasons are lacking, or seem to be based on knowledge that isn't common then they will be brought up as suspicious.  As for a NK the infromation is quite a bit more WIFOMy; you can try to see what the victims targets were, who they were pressing, and who they were building up cases on to see if there is anyone who would benefit most from killing them.  Likewise if they were ignoring players it can be surmised that they didn't feel threatened, and so are not as suspicious.

The problem of course is that the scum know this, and so this information is a LOT less useful for building cases on; especially as it can be used by scum to put suspicion on other townies.

As an example: if Sheep were killed who would be the most likely scum to your mind?  Tiruin, as Sheep is tunneling her, right?  The scum know this is how your suspicions would likely swing and so might kill Sheep just to cause suspicion to land on Tiruin.  On the other hand Tiruin might decided that she could deflect using this fact, and so killing Sheep would off one of the people who is leading the suspicion against her.

UI
I understand.  I hope you can find the time though, I think D2 will be a bit more interesting, and less... running in circles.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: April 11, 2013, 01:16:57 pm »

Zrk2
As for my scum hunting or lack thereof- I'm hampered in pressing reads too hard given that I don't want to say too much about my lovers picks.
I don't follow. How would scumhunting reveal your lovers picks? NQT that sounds suspiciously like a copout.
It's more that if I reveal who I definitely find scummy or definitely find town, I'll give scum a much better idea who the lovers are and they might eventually be able to piece it together once they've ruled out themselves and the dead. But look, I can see how it might be scummy, so expect fuller analysis and hunting when we have substance to discuss in Day Two.

At this point if you don't know why I'm voting for him that's your own damn fault. I've explained it at least five fucking times.
Ouch! Feeling a little tetchy, Zrk2?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: April 11, 2013, 01:21:51 pm »

Griff
NQT
*facepalm* RC is voting on UI currently, unless you're talking about a specific post.
Yes face to palm moment! Sorry, ahem:

RC, please explain your case on UI.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 93