Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 93

Author Topic: Magic Mafia - Game Over!  (Read 217751 times)

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia - Day 1: Let The Magic Begin
« Reply #435 on: April 10, 2013, 12:54:53 pm »

Ahh. My bad. I have some reading to do then.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: April 10, 2013, 01:17:09 pm »

NQT.  You've lovers'd a couple of people and ever since then you've pretty much disappeared off the map; at the moment you're not even voting.  Why do you think that your gambit exempts you from scumhunting?
Sorry, I've had a busy few days and given the vast amount of players there's a lot to take in and most of it noise. I can't stand long day ones when there's very little of substance to actually talk about. There's been no flips and the only interesting thing anyone's done was done by me. Nevertheless, I hope to shoot off a well considered round of questions very soon.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: April 10, 2013, 01:23:48 pm »

NQT: How soon is very soon, considering the day ends in under eight hours?

Digging isn't complete because of busy morning.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: April 10, 2013, 01:27:06 pm »

PFP
But you yourself admit you don't know how he plays when scummy and requested us to reconsider our votes and logic anyway; using only this outside data that normally would not be applied.  Which is as you say causing caution on our reads, which is a town goal.  But the fashion you did it in, and your resulting suspicions from our reactions seem targeted to disrupt all our chains of logic, cause us to suspect each-other more, and throw us into confusion which is a VERY scum goal.  But you wouldn't be so blatant in fulfilling that goal if you were scum, so you must be town... WIFOM. 

If you are scum I must applaud how well this was done, if you're town WHY???.  Please explain why you chose to do it that way, when you got no solid reads from it.
Because my brain isn't fucking working right?

Seriously, it's not like I planned to be a complete waste of space. But you're completely overthinking this. I said the stuff about Zrk2 because it's honestly what I think. I feel sorry for the guy, and I want to give him a chance even if it means I get lynched for standing up for him.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: April 10, 2013, 01:29:33 pm »

Doing the newsletter always makes me irritable. >:(
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: April 10, 2013, 01:36:09 pm »

PFP

Seriously, it's not like I planned to be a complete waste of space. But you're completely overthinking this. I said the stuff about Zrk2 because it's honestly what I think. I feel sorry for the guy, and I want to give him a chance even if it means I get lynched for standing up for him.

I can respect that, and that was the competing theory in my mind.  Unvote

I need to go to class, I'll try to finish my reads in after it.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: April 10, 2013, 01:43:42 pm »

Shit, seems like I won't have internet for a day or few.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: April 10, 2013, 02:05:22 pm »

Zrk: It's not the night kill i think will be more useful, its any investigations and or lack of a night kill that could and would be more useful. If no night kill happens, we have someone with a doctor-esque ability. If anyone has investigation abilities, they can use them. The night can confirm suspicions, create new ones, and quell others. Thats my thinking there. Why do you think a Lynch will provide more information?

I did not say a lynch would provide more information, just that any death will produce the same amount of information, all other things being equal. Other than that I see your point about actions and not just the NK. However speculation on actions during the night can often get WIFOMy because of the abundance of roles in play in this game.

(pseudo-pressure? The term is lost to me but it deals with pressure)

Implied pressure. You don't have to actually vote for someone for your vote to be threatening to them. Like robbing a bank by putting your fingers in your pocket and claiming it's a gun. If people believe you will vote for them they will act like you are already voting for them. IIRC.

...it's also worth noting that NQT originally wanted to use the ability on himself, or so he says. I don't know what to make of that.

If he's town, maybe he tried to use it as a sideways vig, expecting that he'd get lynched and take someone out with him.

Along the same line of reasoning it could be just as useful, if not moreso to the scum because they could set up two town, then kill one the night, or two nights before LYLO and win the game a day early.

Simply from NQT's claim he seems to be town. If he was scum and he had the ability, why wouldn't he just fire it off without announcing it? If he was scum without the ability, why would he claim he had it? PPE: There's also Ranger's point, which is a good one.

If he is scum he could be using it as a smokescreen to distract us from whatever else he or his buddies are up to. If he is scum he might want to announce it in case the people targeted claim it and cause a fuss and try to find out who did it.

Zrk
Quote from: Zrk2 @ 323
I did not make the case that there should be no scumhunting D1, I said that policy lynches or acceptable. Obviously if someone seems very scummy then we should lynch them. But baring overtly obvious scum then a policy lynch of a lurker/terrible scumhunter is not a terrible alternative.
Lynching a lurker gives next to no information, though, right? People with meaningful interactions give a lot more information.

It doesn't, but letting a lurker live will generate even less because they won't do anything the next day either. I believe that in the long run lynching lurker will provide more information because the lurker wouldn't be doing anything the next day either.
Ugh. You're being obstinate about the lurker won't do anything during the next day. What makes you so sure about that?! Faulty logic.

Precedent is generally quite good at predicting future actions.

If lynching a lurker gives next to no information, letting a lurker live generates no information. True.

I'd like to point you to--...wait, what. I was going to quote the OP but then Webadict has no policy on lurkers. Webadict, when are prods sent to those who didn't post within a given time limit??

It is disappointing.

The weekends, though, seem to justify the...'lurk' (Except Soldier who looks to have lost connection lately,) the whole case above points to one thing. Lynch lurkers because it will provide more information than lynching whomever is scummier, regardless of any case ongoing at the moment?! You didn't mention anything along these lines, ever. Nor did you answer Griff's questions regarding your Ranger case here.

Second, is your case with Ranger going anywhere? Its running in circles about his opinion when you could've asked it (the questions you're doing now) earlier. Do you have anything else regarding Ranger other than that?

Currently Ranger hasn't been up to much, so I don't have anything to add.

PFP
But you yourself admit you don't know how he plays when scummy and requested us to reconsider our votes and logic anyway; using only this outside data that normally would not be applied.  Which is as you say causing caution on our reads, which is a town goal.  But the fashion you did it in, and your resulting suspicions from our reactions seem targeted to disrupt all our chains of logic, cause us to suspect each-other more, and throw us into confusion which is a VERY scum goal.  But you wouldn't be so blatant in fulfilling that goal if you were scum, so you must be town... WIFOM. 

If you are scum I must applaud how well this was done, if you're town WHY???.  Please explain why you chose to do it that way, when you got no solid reads from it.

Seriously, it's not like I planned to be a complete waste of space. But you're completely overthinking this. I said the stuff about Zrk2 because it's honestly what I think. I feel sorry for the guy, and I want to give him a chnce even if it means I get lynched for standing up for him.

Well thanks. I'll try to be worthy of it.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: April 10, 2013, 03:11:26 pm »

PFP

Quote from: Ford @ 431
-snips-
Every time I come back to this game, it's like I'm looking at it for the first time.
I'm having a very difficult time processing so much information. I've been weighing whether or not I should request a replacement. I think I'm still managing well enough, though.
Good God do I ever understand this. Do you folks realize we are at more pages than the Roguelike that's running (which is on Day 3, by the way), and that nearly all of these pages are absolutely freaking huge? Clear and concise, people. I'm not normally one to say less is more, but this is just too much.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: April 10, 2013, 03:35:05 pm »

Quote from: Ford @ 431
-snips-
Every time I come back to this game, it's like I'm looking at it for the first time.
Clear and concise, people. I'm not normally one to say less is more, but this is just too much.

Sorry.  Any specific pointers for me?  I'm trying but this seems to be a learned skill.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: April 10, 2013, 03:35:49 pm »

I'll post once more in about 2 hours or so before lynch happens. It will be my last post this day as i doubt there will be another extension. Give me all the questions you have and i'll answer them to the best of my ability. Now for some of my own deciding questions.

Zrk: You've been ignoring me for the last little while and yet your vote remains. Are you still suspicious of me or are you just thinking i'm the most useless here and should be lynched? If you are suspicious, do you have any new reasons for this or is it still the your old ones?

UI: You've kind of disappeared at a bad time UI. To my knowledge you have not asked me any questions in some time and yet your vote remains. Do you have a reason for this besides those previously stated, and if so please enlighten me. Also, these next few hours will decide whos going to be lynched so who would you decide to lynch besides me?

NQT: Before the day ends, can you tell us if you believe you made the right decision in who you chose to put lovers on? If so, why and how do you think this will affect your actions tomorrow.

ive me all yours questions and i'll try to answer them as best i can. Also, anyone know what the record is for longest game of mafia page wise?
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: April 10, 2013, 03:39:30 pm »

PFP

Griff: It's fine; my comment wasn't directed at anyone in particular. It's just that trying to keep focus on some of these longass pages is really really hard.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: April 10, 2013, 03:43:09 pm »

bluuuuuuuuuuuuuh

Not going to be able to post today.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: April 10, 2013, 03:57:10 pm »

Why are all the people saying they can't post today not asking for an extend?  I don't really want there to be one, but we're going to need one given there's far from consensus here.

Ranger:  You can sort the subforum by number of replies.  This gives you Pandar's uPick (aka BYOR), weighing in at nearly twice the length of the next longest standard game.  It was a 19 player hammers only game, which of course contributed mightily to its length.  Notable features include stellar play by Zai, Org getting away with incredible shenanigans, and Meph actually playing a game.

NQT:
RangerCado
NQT: ...I really hope you picked wisely with Lovers because if both end up dead and town, your kinda screwed.
It's interesting that you say "you're" rather "we're": if I didn't pick wisely then there are big repurcussions for team town and myself by extension. But if I'm kinda screwed and you're not kinda screwed then you're not town. So are you potentially kinda screwed or not, RangerCado?

There is zero reason this could not have been a vote, given you weren't voting to begin with.  Why the kid gloves?  Is it because you didn't want to be Vote Number Three on him?  I bet it is.

Beyond that, what Vector said.

TolyK:  Why aren't you voting?

Expect more digging if the extension goes through.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: April 10, 2013, 04:04:43 pm »

Toaster: @_@ ...HOLY COW!!! Thats alot of replies...
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 93