Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 93

Author Topic: Magic Mafia - Game Over!  (Read 217652 times)

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia - Day 1: Let The Magic Begin
« Reply #405 on: April 09, 2013, 03:41:32 pm »

PFP

Griff:
Yeah, it was just an example. I used myself because I know I was a lurky bastard up until yesterday.

And sometimes the results are good; sometimes they're not. Won't know until you see 'em though!
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: April 09, 2013, 04:37:01 pm »

PFP - sporadic posting in the hours coming by

Best course of action is to prod or goad the lurkers into posting. And who knows, Wuba might drop the modkill justice on the major lurkers; he's done it before (I think 2 BYOR's ago? The one were I was Kefka).
This was justified because there was scum in Operation: Drop that Hammer. So it was...still balanced with 2 town for 1 scum.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: April 09, 2013, 04:38:37 pm »

PFP

Tir: Seems like you're implying that you know whether it would or would not be justified this time around.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: April 09, 2013, 04:44:59 pm »

...What?

I was just poking at that statement because the fact that you did the "might drop the modkill justice" thing would give reason to question. Where poking means giving the context on why.

I'd like to ask you why you stated it in the first place and are...strangely placing the doubt on me.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: April 09, 2013, 05:00:20 pm »

Tiruin/Griffionday:
Sheep:

You call Zrk out on being suspicious primarily of lurkers, but your vote is on a lurker yourself? Explain this. In fact, the LurkerTracker says this is your second vote, and your first was an RVS vote, also on TolyK. Do you have nothing else to offer?

Why do you equate number of votes with productivity in the thread?  And why do you think the only way to track someone's suspicion is through their votes?
Sheep/Ford (on voting TolyK)
You call Zrk out on being suspicious primarily of lurkers, but your vote is on a lurker yourself? Explain this. In fact, the LurkerTracker says this is your second vote, and your first was an RVS vote, also on TolyK. Do you have nothing else to offer?
When you mean nothing else to offer, do you mean by my votes? Have you only used the LurkerTracker (and by that, I mean chasing my vote) as a conducive tool to come up with your reads? Because you've missed...blatantly everything else I've offered. Meaning that I can sense you're skimming, unless you can clarify what you mean by "offer".

Leaning scum, why? Because of how my vote goes? Expound please, because that's only 1 of your 2 suspects; going by votes is pretty impractical at this point because I'd like to point you to look it over again, and if I may use your own logic -- you've only 9 posts. And that you somehow forgot your read on Ranger.

TolyK is a man of lesser words than most, and I'm poking at him. Despite the lurkertracker saying he has more posts than others -- I'm still poking at him because he has the tendency to be too open-minded, giving off both town/scum/vague tells as well as using a lot of...unconventional analogy(?) or in other words has a different style of posting/logic. Different in the way that I'm [variably] confused about his alignment everytime I play with him. Glad to see he replied.

Though of all the people, I'm curious -- why me?
Alright, my reasoning came out a bit wrong there. "Do you have nothing else to offer?" was the wrong wording. What I meant was that Tiruin is an advocate of pressure votes(I think). However, he had not pressure voted a single person other than TolyK, whom he wasn't really suspicious of. This seemed a bit odd. Furthermore, he put this vote on the person he was already voting for. This speaks to me of not paying much attention to where one's vote is, which strikes me as very scummy. Tiruin, did you know your vote was simply staying on TolyK?

About my missing Ranger read, that was a typing mistake. I copypasta'd the list of players from the first post, and then deleted the ones I didn't have a read on. I guess I missed Ranger.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: April 09, 2013, 05:06:46 pm »

PFP

TWS: Tiruin is female.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: April 09, 2013, 05:09:27 pm »

Will provide reasoning later today.  Busy and sleep-deprived.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: April 09, 2013, 06:03:52 pm »

PFP
The second sentence was meant to inquire more into what reads in general you are getting from your pokes.  I re-read your posts and can see that you are attempting to get more solid reads on NQT, Tiruin, Zrk2, and Toaster in addition to Ranger.  Have any of those lines of inquiry provided any major illumination that we should know?
Oh hey, you're right. My bad.

I haven't really found anything groundbreaking, no. NQT feels scummy as all hell, but ... I don't know, something feels very off. Intellectually, I can understand, but otherwise ... it's just ... I don't know.

...it's also worth noting that NQT originally wanted to use the ability on himself, or so he says. I don't know what to make of that.

Overall, this just feels like one of the tamest day one's I've ever been in. Probably because it's also the largest. So many people! O_O

I'm more interested right now in Hapah, hearing Vector's reasoning, and in hearing a response from The Soldier. I would have liked to see a reply from DS, but that's not going to happen now.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: April 09, 2013, 07:01:28 pm »

PFP (Yes, at 7pm. FML, lol)

Tir: I think I just need to avoid posting while stressed out of my mind. ~_~

I brought it up because it came to mind, that's all. We might end up lynching some kinda active player and having Wuba explode all the lurkers. I played "Jump to Conclusions" when I saw you reference that the prior modkilling was justified; which for some reason made me think that you knew this rounds was or wasn't justified. Basically, I'm just derpy today!

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: April 09, 2013, 07:09:44 pm »

oh jeez. Lets dive into this. Sorry if i miss any questions... again.

UI: I did say to bear with me if i missed any, i was looking for ones i missed and guess i missed yours. Anyway, I was trying to get you to say why you would want either of us lynched, i was not trying to defend him.

Tiruin: I was thinking more if someone were to have a kill ability. And the reasons for the scum trying to get lynched, hes gonna die anyway, might as well distract us from their scum buddies. And the gambit was accidently getting 2 townies killed or getting a/a couple scum killed.

Zrk: It's not the night kill i think will be more useful, its any investigations and or lack of a night kill that could and would be more useful. If no night kill happens, we have someone with a doctor-esque ability. If anyone has investigation abilities, they can use them. The night can confirm suspicions, create new ones, and quell others. Thats my thinking there. Why do you think a Lynch will provide more information?

I don't have much time right now to post so i'll be back in a couple hours
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: April 09, 2013, 08:22:10 pm »

Tir: I think I just need to avoid posting while stressed out of my mind. ~_~

I brought it up because it came to mind, that's all. We might end up lynching some kinda active player and having Wuba explode all the lurkers. I played "Jump to Conclusions" when I saw you reference that the prior modkilling was justified; which for some reason made me think that you knew this rounds was or wasn't justified. Basically, I'm just derpy today!
Weeeell, in context...they were all asking for replacements. Not necessarily lurking.

Get some sleep, you.

TolyK
I'm being careful who I vote here, since (a) I might not have time to change the vote later, though with the extend it's a bit better, and (b) it can result in ties.
Also, my suspicion-o-meter is usually out of whack. Yeah. :/
This still points at the vote leaders. Which I do realize you're prodding at, but not preferably answering my intended question. Because you're not voting at all nor are you pressuring anyone but just answering questions to you.
Uh. I've outlined the people I think are a bit scummy, but they're not past my "vote" threshold.
And I do not know who would be the mislynch, obviously. I prefer to hold back so that I could say "told you so!" later.
Bit scummy = no vote? Because they're not past a threshold?
I mean, you did answer what I asked:
Quote from: Tiruin
Regarding your view on the vote record, what is your take on those nearing the lynch? Details included; all of them, please. Meaning those you named.
TolyK: As the day starts coming to a close, who do you think is the most likely to be lynched and who will you vote for based on the current information?
Judging by the votecount and what I've read into so far, probably Ranger or NQT, with a chance of Zrk. NQT due to his claim, though I think we should wait on it and posibly experiment with it. Ranger due to being "different" in his thoughts. Zrk due to the vote record.
Uh. It would take forever to do details, and I barely have time to put this up anyways.
I try a quick one, though.

Zrk2 seems the most scummy now, though as Ford said (and Griff noted) it's "him acting in character". Possible link? I only have the gut feeling and general association, since I haven't read many of his posts in-depth and those I have don't really seem wrong to me. Might vote for.
I don't honestly know about Ranger, he's really mixed for me. Probably won't vote.
NQT is really strange. I can't find a flaw in his logic, and haven't yet seen how it would help scum EXCEPT if he did two townies.
If two people die soon from being linked, and they're town, NQT'll probably be a good lynch. But for now, I want to see where this gets us. Probably won't vote.

Recap? Meh, doesn't seem like I want to vote for anyone quite yet. Still got that "don't want to mislynch" stuff, probably.
And then...? Your proceeding posts don't indicate even a hint of you moving on anyone.
I think we've pretty clearly established Deathsword's scumminess.  What, do you not think there's anything off about him?
Hm. Convince me?
Really. Anyone. Get your own reads. Why should Vector convince you? You said it yourself, you don't want to mislynch stuff, probably. So what in the world are you doing about it?!~

Asking others' weak questions that lead onto a trivial part of the case...then what? You're literally abstaining from the vote because you think mislynch over anything else?

TWS
Alright, my reasoning came out a bit wrong there. "Do you have nothing else to offer?" was the wrong wording. What I meant was that Tiruin is an advocate of pressure votes(I think). However, he had not pressure voted a single person other than TolyK, whom he wasn't really suspicious of. This seemed a bit odd. Furthermore, he put this vote on the person he was already voting for. This speaks to me of not paying much attention to where one's vote is, which strikes me as very scummy. Tiruin, did you know your vote was simply staying on TolyK?
Yes I did know it was staying on TolyK. For reasons that:
1. He took most of the weekend because seemingly RL stuff.
2. I'm also doing investigations on Zrk and Ranger and most of the others in my posts -- the lack of a vote also works in a psychological manner (pseudo-pressure? The term is lost to me but it deals with pressure) here as the fact that my vote was still on TolyK at the time.
3. Wasn't really suspicious of? That's...Griff, right? Or me? Because I was darn well suspicious of TolyK then. The reiteration of a vote is to remind the person that I'm still voting them -- many people do this over an extended period of time, if you'd look back (along with looking back at many of the other games, its pretty much common).
4. Your suspicions are agreeable...for one who seems to use the lurkertracker as the only aide in scumhunting. Why is the re-voting scummy, in your opinion? Where did you see me not being suspicious of TolyK and how are you concluding the above?
5. Quote where I'm an advocate of pressure votes. In a definitive way, please.

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: April 09, 2013, 09:26:33 pm »

Unvote Deathsword as he's not here.

Ford:
I'm more interested right now in Hapah, hearing Vector's reasoning, and in hearing a response from The Soldier. I would have liked to see a reply from DS, but that's not going to happen now.

The Soldier has been offline for close to four days now.  Waiting on Vector is passive and will probably result in reasons based on similar arguments to the ones Sheep and I made.  You're not poking Hapah despite being "interested" in him.  Your gameplay over the course of the day has been primarily been to act in a non-sequitarian fashion, insert a large amount of WIFOM into the game (all of the Zrk2 stuff, the link is just the pivotal post), do small nudges at people and commenting "interesting" on the results (you keep using that word and not DOING anything about it). 

You seemed to forgot what leads you were attempting to chain together, forgetting that you have a poke out is one thing.  You've admitted that your scum hunting strategy has not been a roaring success, but you're not making any attempts to change your general strategy, and you're bored.

Please explain again what you've been trying to do over the course of the day, because it seems like you've been overly reactive and not aiding the town in a reasonable fashion.

PFP
I haven't really found anything groundbreaking, no. NQT feels scummy as all hell, but ... I don't know, something feels very off. Intellectually, I can understand, but otherwise ... it's just ... I don't know.

...it's also worth noting that NQT originally wanted to use the ability on himself, or so he says. I don't know what to make of that.
A point I hadn't considered.  Do you plan on getting him to explain why or are you just going let it slide?

Overall, this just feels like one of the tamest day one's I've ever been in. Probably because it's also the largest. So many people! O_O
Well that and I think everyone wants to get to use the super special abilities.  You also missed most of the more interesting part of the day.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: April 09, 2013, 09:29:19 pm »

If he's town, maybe he tried to use it as a sideways vig, expecting that he'd get lynched and take someone out with him.

Doing some digging.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: April 09, 2013, 09:43:40 pm »

Gotta go with toaster on this one, If he were town doing that could make sense, especially if he thinks hes gonna get lynched on that day. He uses it, and possibly takes a scum down overnight. Alternatively, if he were scum he could use this on a towny before his lynch to still kill someone during the day. More on this later, need to read
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: April 09, 2013, 09:48:02 pm »

PFP

TWS: Tiruin is female.
Right. I knew that. Stupid brain.

Tiruin:
TWS
Yes I did know it was staying on TolyK. For reasons that:
1. He took most of the weekend because seemingly RL stuff.
2. I'm also doing investigations on Zrk and Ranger and most of the others in my posts -- the lack of a vote also works in a psychological manner (pseudo-pressure? The term is lost to me but it deals with pressure) here as the fact that my vote was still on TolyK at the time.
3. Wasn't really suspicious of? That's...Griff, right? Or me? Because I was darn well suspicious of TolyK then. The reiteration of a vote is to remind the person that I'm still voting them -- many people do this over an extended period of time, if you'd look back (along with looking back at many of the other games, its pretty much common).
4. Your suspicions are agreeable...for one who seems to use the lurkertracker as the only aide in scumhunting. Why is the re-voting scummy, in your opinion? Where did you see me not being suspicious of TolyK and how are you concluding the above?
5. Quote where I'm an advocate of pressure votes. In a definitive way, please.
1. Is this a reason why you re-voted him, or a reason you find him suspicious, or what? I'm not sure I'm getting at what you mean.
2. Again, this confuses me. You mean that you're putting pressure on Zrk and Ranger by voting TolyK?
3. You were suspicious of TolyK? Huh. This:
TolyK: Get in here and post!
Is your second vote of him. Your first was RVS. Before the above quote, you had 12 consecutive posts where you did not so much as ask TolyK a single question. The post where you did pressure him slightly was all simple response to RVS. I don't see any real suspicion anywhere. Re: Re-voting, yeah, I can see that.
4. A bit harsh, don't you think? I used the LurkerTracker to get an initial suspicion. Now I'm following up that suspicion. I'm not voting or even FOS-ing you, but you demand I have a full-blown case before I say I'm suspicious? What I'm doing now is scumhunting. This is the proper way of doing things, is it not? Also, I already said why I thought re-voting aroused my suspicions. Read my argument, please. It's in what you quoted.
5. Easy. It was even addressed to me in the recent BM I was in:
{While I can't say that not voting is a bad thing, the presence of a vote can cause multiple reactions in the receiver - mainly, curiosity.

The receiver would then, mostly, comply more to answer the question or react to the statement addressed to them because for the main matter that he/she was voted.

Also, psychological warfare. You want to pressure your suspicions, aye? What are you doing if -you still find [person] suspicious?}

I think it's safe to say you are an advocate of pressure votes. Do you deny this?

Everyone:

Simply from NQT's claim he seems to be town. If he was scum and he had the ability, why wouldn't he just fire it off without announcing it? If he was scum without the ability, why would he claim he had it? PPE: There's also Ranger's point, which is a good one.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 93