Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 93

Author Topic: Magic Mafia - Game Over!  (Read 217564 times)

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia - Day 1: Let The Magic Begin
« Reply #240 on: April 05, 2013, 05:08:08 pm »

My head isn't in the game at the moment, KotM is giving me an ulcer. PPE: Oh jesus I need a drink.

TWS: I'd probably never claim it; it'd be a great way to get killed straight away. (Thanks for the info Tir)

Quote from: Tir
Regardless, if you were scum, how feasible does claiming vigilante sound in response to the no roleflip idea? Would it or would it not increase your survivability?
Not very; you'd expose yourself to blocks far too much.

Spoiler: Claim (click to show/hide)
I can already tell this is going to be an interesting game.

Quote from: Griff
Any of the more experience players who would be interested in helping me improve my game.  Yes; I know this is a perfect opportunity for a scum to blindside me, but you've seen my reads: I'm not really that happy with my confidence of any of my town reads.
I might be missing some context (god help me I'm not trawling through all those posts again to find out), but generally people don't intentionally give bad advice, even if they're scum.

UI: I was thinking more Terry Pratchett, but hey, whatever. Are you going anywhere with this?

Zrk2: That is a bit much to ask of Griff, I think. Does he need to fill out his response in triplicate?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 05, 2013, 05:12:20 pm »

1. You have a protect. What makes you decide who to use it on? When? Why? What if it's a one shot?
2. Same thing with an investigate.
3. Same with a kill.
4. All of the above as scum.
5. As third party?
...Really? You really want me to waste the time to answer 12 different questions (some of which I've already answered) that seem to have been thrown together in less than a minute, and I'm not even on your scumpick list?  Explain yourself.

You're talking. I'm taking advantage of it. Now you're getting defensive. Interesting. You do know you can take liberties with questions... mix them up, combine some, take time on others... Whatever. Just take the time to talk to me, to us. Getting bitchy and voting for me because of it however is not helpful.
Zrk: Wasn't this your reaction to my "rolefishing" question/accusation? (your response not Griffs) and the speak now or die just makes you seem very angry right now. why not make a list of questions for me and i'll try to answer them instead of giving me what i thought were half questions and threatening death on me. This makes me even more suspicious of you and gives me the impression that you may have a killing ability if i don't get lynched. (mafia or role based)

Web
In the morning of monday, can we get a check on the votes? i know you like to have your weekends so i'm asking now.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 05, 2013, 05:24:20 pm »

PFP

Griff: KotM3 will give you a lot in a relatively short read. I tend to treat day 1 as an excuse to be random and see what novel reactions I can provoke. Sometimes I'm just being annoying, like a gnat, buzzing in someone's ear...
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 05, 2013, 06:59:19 pm »

I have been busy responding to accusations of rolefishing, now we can get on with it.
Only I decided to call you out on role-fishing initially, both Sheep and TolyK were happy to answer, so why didn't you just shrug it off?  Nervousness caused by that accusation perhaps?

You are complaining that I made a point of countering your claim? That's a bad thing now? Did I miss the memo?

Speak now or die.
Desperate to get someone else lynched are we?

Of course I'm eager to see scum die. Why shouldn't I be?
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 05, 2013, 07:02:22 pm »

EBWOP: There's another page.

Zrk2: That is a bit much to ask of Griff, I think. Does he need to fill out his response in triplicate?

No, but some general rules would be nice.

Zrk: Wasn't this your reaction to my "rolefishing" question/accusation? (your response not Griffs) and the speak now or die just makes you seem very angry right now. why not make a list of questions for me and i'll try to answer them instead of giving me what i thought were half questions and threatening death on me. This makes me even more suspicious of you and gives me the impression that you may have a killing ability if i don't get lynched. (mafia or role based)

You're right. I do have a killing ability; it's called my vote. I'm using it already.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 05, 2013, 07:36:08 pm »

I'd like to claim Bikinimancer.

...by which I mean, I submitted that to Webadict as my second choice. I still think that would have been fun. If only to see what the hell he came up with.

...hey Wuba, just for fun, what abilities would you give to a Bikinimancer?
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 05, 2013, 07:48:07 pm »

I can't answer that.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 05, 2013, 07:53:10 pm »

I can't answer that.
...crap its real. Captain, i think you just got a clue for everyone
[/quote]

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 05, 2013, 08:41:00 pm »

...doubtful. If that meant anything, we could start asking him about random roles until we hit on one that was actually in the game. He'd probably say that no matter what role we asked about.

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: April 05, 2013, 09:04:54 pm »

Zrk2
Speak now or die.
Desperate to get someone else lynched are we?

Of course I'm eager to see scum die. Why shouldn't I be?
Well there is always the obvious: you are scum.

I have been busy responding to accusations of rolefishing, now we can get on with it.
Only I decided to call you out on role-fishing initially, both Sheep and TolyK were happy to answer, so why didn't you just shrug it off?  Nervousness caused by that accusation perhaps?

You are complaining that I made a point of countering your claim? That's a bad thing now? Did I miss the memo?
After the already doing so before? Yes.  If you read this you'll note I'd moved on.  Then you come back and say this:
Note that this was almost a day later, and you'd been active in that time period.  Please also note that you unvoted me at the start of this post, meaning your "pressure" was still on me during the day.  Or should have been.  Yes, I messed up the formatting of my post, but if you actually cared about your vote on me you would have read the post and noted that I had responded to your question, as I was your target at the time.

So then you come back and seem to decide that by saying:
PPE Zrk2
Now you've got him talking, then what? Are you going to continue poking him, poking others, or just stating your reason henceforth?

Keep him talking of course.
you need to keep asking me questions despite: A) Your vote moving away from me, and B) not having questions that you hadn't already asked twice before.

So please tell my why you are asking me RVS questions when you already have a read on me?

Ford:
PFP

Griff: KotM3 will give you a lot in a relatively short read. I tend to treat day 1 as an excuse to be random and see what novel reactions I can provoke. Sometimes I'm just being annoying, like a gnat, buzzing in someone's ear...
Fair enough. Brilliant game btw.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: April 05, 2013, 09:20:27 pm »

*eats stick*

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 05, 2013, 09:45:53 pm »

Hapah:
I knew I was forgetting someone!

Quote from: Griff
Any of the more experience players who would be interested in helping me improve my game.  Yes; I know this is a perfect opportunity for a scum to blindside me, but you've seen my reads: I'm not really that happy with my confidence of any of my town reads.
I might be missing some context (god help me I'm not trawling through all those posts again to find out), but generally people don't intentionally give bad advice, even if they're scum.
By blindside I meant act town to the point of convincing me that they were.  I don't consider myself nearly skeptical to be able to see through such a cunning ruse.  And it is possible to give really good, solid advice in such a way that it will slightly mislead in the short run but be very practical and useful in the long run.  Drawing attention to certain tells for a simplistic example.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 05, 2013, 10:20:14 pm »

Captain: *pulls stick you just ate out of a nearby lamp* ew, its still got spit on it.
[/quote]

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 05, 2013, 11:54:52 pm »

Alright, I'm sorry for not posting much. There has been a ton of activity in this game, and I just haven't had the opportunity to make a post.

Unvote.

NQT: Did your power not say in the description that it could not be used on yourself? That seems like something that would usually be in there.

Ranger: You have said you have read a ton of games here. Haven't you seen the general consensus that a D1 nolynch is a bad thing?

Tiruin:
TWS (acronym'd OK with you?)
Tiruin:
Anyway.
TheWetSheep: How good do you think your chances of winning this game are?
I'd like to know how this helps at all, and why him of all people.
Why do you think this is a useless question? Since I'm new, it's a question that could cause me to stupidly reveal something about my alignment. Also, is there something special about me?
...I never said that the question is useless in the first place. What're you reading that I'm not? And you seem pretty concerned and defensive there. Why are you defending your alignment when there's nothing even implying such, sir?
Sorry. I guess I assumed that you couldn't see how it helped, because you asked him that. Did you know your answer already? Also, the point of these questions isn't defense. I'm trying to latch onto strange things I see. This was something that stood out to me.
Zrk2:
TheWetSheep: If you were a third party what third party would you want to be? Why?
I'd be a Watcher. The wincon is just so different from all the others that it'd be a difficult and interesting challenge.

Tolyk:
TheWetSheep, you probably picked water, huh? :P Just kidding. Who do you think will be lynched today (by category, not names), and if you were a day investigator, how would you pick someone to investigate? (Investigate alignment, action or whatever).
Hah. That, or, white fluffy barnyard animals. Who'll be lynched? Town, at a guess. It may sound pessimistic, but Day 1 you have very little to no concrete information to base accusations off of. Also, there are a few new-ish people in this game.
OK, this took a little digging up on what you meant by Watcher.  Did you mean a Watcher in the context stated here? Because that's essentially a Doomspeaker -- the person wins at Day {x}; unknown what happens when that happens...(Cause I can't find the answer :/)

@First statement: What's with that wincon? Survive until that time of day? How is that so different from everything else, and what attracts you to it?

@Second statement: Why Town? And why the 'pessimistic' attitude regarding "little information" - what makes you think there is "little information" in Day 1? What do newbies have to do with that?

Also...your question directed to Hapah could also mean the Watcher (as a ROLE). Please clarify that.

Has the Watcher confusion been cleared up? Yes, I meant the one listed in the Third Parties section of the first post(the Doomspeaker).

@First: I guess it's because, instead of trying to kill people as fast as possible, you're trying to get the game to last a long time. Also, the only time I've seen it in play was the recent Totem Mafia, and it was then attached to a really powerful role. The combination of a difficult wincon and a powerful role is something I would find fun.

@Second: I said concrete information, as in, information gotten by using roles, not psychological stuff you get by asking questions. It's far easier to lynch scum when you have a mixture. And the new people are simply more likely to get lynched, and if they're town, which they probably are, that makes town's likelihood of getting lynched D1 greater. That statement wasn't really connected to the other.

What do you mean, Watcher as a role?

If we trust NQT's ability, I would suggest a trusted experienced player paired with a newer player. I don't have enough solid reads for any player suggestions, though.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 06, 2013, 01:52:04 am »

All dem posts O_o

PFP

Stuff goes from descending order past my last post. Except for TWS.

...*Thwap* Ford upside the head for eating a stick.

TWS:
Sorry. I guess I assumed that you couldn't see how it helped, because you asked him that. Did you know your answer already? Also, the point of these questions isn't defense. I'm trying to latch onto strange things I see. This was something that stood out to me.
Yes he answered me, and thanks for clarifying.
What do you mean, Watcher as a role?
There's a Watcher, and there's a Tracker role. Watcher targets someone and sees who visited them but not what they've done.

Ranger
It seems i should be keeping my big mouth shut at this point. I need to stop stating my intentions
...Ok...What I did mean is the side-commentary. At your other question, I was poking at 4 = 5...

@Your picks:
Why is TolyK a 2/5? He hasn't stated much and then you're marking him off as town? No hint of vagueness? He hasn't posted. At all. You aren't giving him any question beforehand.

{It would also help you that, even if you did say "I stated so-and-so is scum before", it would be nice to link-it.}

NQT
No, I wanted to use it today in case I don't survive the night.
...? In case you don't survive the night? And then you'd use it today? Ok...what gives you the indication of [FEARFUL_FOR_LIFE: YES]

UI
Wizzard was a band, not a type of magic user. And Gandalf was fighting on the side that supported continued subjugation (or possibly genocide, I don't remember) of orcs.
Orcs were not their own race...in as much as they were converted Elves and other spawn of Illuvatar. Meaning, he was justified in ridding what taint remained.

Though...based on perspective, it makes sense. In deep context...I guess. But Orcs/Goblins (same thing, really) were really considered evil there. Because they were shaped and twisted by those against Illuvatar and all that for pawns. Lots of pawns.

Anyway, about that vote...its sticking to Hapah for the reason on him being a Wizard? I could classify that as  Gender-rolefishing, and then associate it with your powers but that's just out of wacky. Why is your vote still on Hapah?

Ford
NQT: Uh. Wow. How about this: I swear on my honor I'm town.
@_@

You doing a Nerjin again? Y'know, that one time wherein we all thought he was town when he said something like this and he was scum?

No wait, that was NQT in that one Rebel Mafia. And he was town :O

Anyway, why are you aiming for the blunt point of the argument?
Nothing else given to back it up and...actually, just why?

Also, I'm the one who submitted bikinimancer.
Ahahaahahaaa. Fashion designer is a better term >.>

NQT
Ford
NQT asking for people to volunteer for his ability is an interesting move. It seems like something he'd do.
Given that I did do it, it is tautologically something that I'd do.
NQT: Uh. Wow. How about this: I swear on my honor I'm town.
Okay Captain Scum, you could at least try to say that with a bit more conviction. Also, I know you're just joking, but if you're serious about consideration for this gift (you might not be) you could be so kind as to name another person to link up with.
...AM I reading this wrong? You know Ford is joking that he's town in his wording there...how? If you've pinpointed scum somehow, why is that blue and not a red?

Hapah:
Zrk is under suspicion because...he's asking Griff questions? Long questions, yes, but I can't see how that marks him as suspicious in anyway. Why the blue?

TolyK: Get in here and post!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 93