Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 93

Author Topic: Magic Mafia - Game Over!  (Read 217588 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia - Day 1: Let The Magic Begin
« Reply #120 on: April 03, 2013, 11:43:51 pm »

RangerCado:  (Do you prefer your name spelled out fully or is there a shortening you don't mind?)

Vector plays a much more manipulative scum game than I do, so she'd be a good compliment to my stoneface style.  Plus, she's very verbose in scumchat which makes things fun.  Hapah's a bro, and Ford's a good up-and-coming player I wouldn't mind rolling with.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 03, 2013, 11:55:36 pm »

RangerCado:  (Do you prefer your name spelled out fully or is there a shortening you don't mind?)

Vector plays a much more manipulative scum game than I do, so she'd be a good compliment to my stoneface style.  Plus, she's very verbose in scumchat which makes things fun.  Hapah's a bro, and Ford's a good up-and-coming player I wouldn't mind rolling with.
His name should be shortened to Tyco. BECAUSE THAT'S HOW YOU SPELL RC!

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 03, 2013, 11:57:42 pm »

Ranger or Cado is fine. i find it interchangable. the trouble for me in this game is the fact that i haven't read any games with about 80% of the players here so its kinda a blind run for me. but vector plays a tough scum game i'll agree.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 04, 2013, 12:04:38 am »

Hapah: What are your favorite shenanigans to pull as mafia?

Ranger: You say you have a lot of experience with Mafia, where where would you place yourself skill wise?

Toaster: Which of the newer players would you most like on a mafia team?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 04, 2013, 12:06:57 am »

Pre-game:

...Why are you guys claiming o_O?

Web: Had be laughing at the flavor XD

Ranger: (shortening to that, if its ok with you)
Before anything happens i would like to point out that more often than not, i'll be posting with a DSI since accsess to a computer is limited for me. i'll try to make my votes obvious.                              so, >VECTOR< (yes thats a vote) why'd you just sit on my plate of pizza?           {and no i can't change the colors due to this things limited keyboard}
Code for voting
Code: [Select]
[color=red]PlayerName[/color]
Why'd you put in a baseless vote as your first post of the day? (PS: I believe Web had trouble seeing stuff not bolded as a vote or in the bold red color. Heads up)

> Also, what have you learned from browsing the Forum Mafia, and what is your general idea of scumhunting, given your experience?

> Why are you suspicious of Toaster right off the bat?

PPE: Toaster

TolyK: Seeing the state of affairs, there is no roleflip. Given the situation that you're scum, how will you use this to your advantage, in theory?

UI: If you had the power to kill, as a townie, how would you rate your target and pick em out for the kill? Also, if abstaining from the kill, when and why will you do so?

Griffonday: Welcome to Bay12 Mafia, sir. Seeing how you stated your experience, tell me this: With the choice of a roleblock or a protect, in the situation of you being town, what would you pick to use and why?

PPE: Webadict, then Ranger...darn fast typers.

Vector: Who are you most afraid of as scum, and as town? Who would you like to be paired with most as scum?

Also, if you had a one-shot inspect, when would you use it -- regardless of alignment?

Zrk2: Seeing the large quantity of players, will it have any effect on your...playstyle? What would be your first priority of the day?

PPE: Griffion (can I shorten yourname to that?)

The Soldier

• Bay Watcher
  • Mono-Lances
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 04, 2013, 12:08:34 am »

Vector: How do you think abilities not being revealed on flip will affect the game?

Griffionday: If you had a 1-shot daykill (as town), when would you use it? As scum?

TheWetSheep: How good do you think your chances of winning this game are?

Urist Imiknorris: What's more valuable: inspects or kills?

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 04, 2013, 12:17:00 am »

Tiruin: typing fast? i'm esentially finger typing lol. yeah i figured out the colo bold thing. i picked vector just that hes a good scum player and will remove when he posts. i will accept Ranger, and with regards to scumhunting: your role can impact that a lot. Just to be vague, one of my abilities is more viable to use the more i know about others.
[/quote]

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 04, 2013, 12:20:39 am »

sorry for double post, missed griffion. i have played mafia via skype and face to face a lot. most games averaging around 13-15 players with the biggest having 22 (that was a crazy long game)
[/quote]

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 04, 2013, 12:24:14 am »

GAH! missed the full question! i would say about average griffion. (i need to get used to saying all my thoughts at once)
[/quote]

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 04, 2013, 12:42:09 am »

Pre-game:

...Why are you guys claiming o_O?
Jests or approximations there of I believe

PPE: Griffion (can I shorten yourname to that?)
I actually prefer Griff but Griffion is alright as well.

Tiruin:  Thanks for the welcome; I'm glad to be here! Assuming otherwise standard roles (BM or unknown) I would protect as it is less likely to inhibit the positive effects of other townies.  In a similar vein, in what situations do you think a tracker would be more useful than a cop?

Soldier:  Assuming no interaction with claimed roles: as town I think I would use it D3 or 4 to kill someone who was active lurking or as a reaction to being bused (targeting the second or third most likely scum).  As Scum, I would probably ask for input from my team early D1 and see what more experienced players would advise.  As a more experienced player yourself; what would you advise in either case?

Ranger:  So this is your first forum Mafia game?

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 04, 2013, 12:49:49 am »

Griff: yes and i also joined Meph's game which starts monday (b. mod) and a begginners mafia still needing players... i joined these in the wrong order XD. anyway                   zrk! who would be your ideal team member (totally trustworthy) as town and why?
[/quote]

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 04, 2013, 01:32:02 am »

Ranger: What is your philosophy to the RVS?  Do you think it's better to cast a broad net early or target a few players who you're interested in?

Griff: yes and i also joined Meph's game which starts monday (b. mod) and a begginners mafia still needing players... i joined these in the wrong order XD.
Best of luck with that, I'm only in this one and the BM.  Should be enough to keep me busy.

notquitethere: How do feel about being Ranger's pick for scum mate?

The Soldier

• Bay Watcher
  • Mono-Lances
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 04, 2013, 01:40:39 am »

Griff:
Soldier:  Assuming no interaction with claimed roles: as town I think I would use it D3 or 4 to kill someone who was active lurking or as a reaction to being bused (targeting the second or third most likely scum).  As Scum, I would probably ask for input from my team early D1 and see what more experienced players would advise.  As a more experienced player yourself; what would you advise in either case?
I think we're having a confusion with terminology. How can you be bussed as a townie? Bussing = one member of a scumteam lynching another. Got scumbuddies on the mind?

As for myself, I would use it when the day's votes seem fairly settled-in and my primary suspect isn't up to be lynched. As scum, I'd trust myself to not get lynched and use it at LYLO for an instant win.

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 04, 2013, 01:56:07 am »

I think we're having a confusion with terminology. How can you be bussed as a townie? Bussing = one member of a scumteam lynching another. Got scumbuddies on the mind?
*Reads up on what bussing means* Huh... I always thought it meant the same as bandwagoning.

How sure of your target would you have to be to be willing to use a 1-shot kill on them; especially since in that scenario you just failed to convince the rest of the town your target is guilty?

The Soldier

• Bay Watcher
  • Mono-Lances
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 04, 2013, 02:17:15 am »

Griff:
I would have to be very certain. The daykill couldn't be traced back to me (unless theoretical-Wuba got VERY creative), so there's no potential fallout for hitting a townie. If it was LYLO, I'd have to be 100% sure I'm targeting scum because instant losses are no fun.

Alright, so you're saying you'd use it when you were being bandwagoned. What do you mean by "targeting the second or third most likely scum?"
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 93