Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 93

Author Topic: Magic Mafia - Game Over!  (Read 217829 times)

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia - Day 1: Let The Magic Begin
« Reply #495 on: April 11, 2013, 01:29:27 pm »

I don't have too much time today and I *really* don't want to read 8 pages of day 1.

Anyways, some stuff on why I think Tiruin is scum based on a brief skim of the last two pages or so:

1. Weak questions, minimal pressure (up until recently with Ford)
2. No pressure, weak votes, doesn't look like she really believes in who she's voting for
3. General dismissiveness

Zombie Urist
Welcome!  I hope you're not just voting the same as the most recent two votes.  And good luck catching up. 
When you get a chance though: why do you think DS voted the way he did on Zrk2 here?
Hmm... its kinda suspicious how you put Tiruin in the lead by switching your vote. Why did you switch? Also, no idea.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: April 11, 2013, 02:10:19 pm »

Zombie Urist:
I don't have too much time today and I *really* don't want to read 8 pages of day 1.
We're up to 23 full pages, plus two partial pages...

Zombie Urist
Welcome!  I hope you're not just voting the same as the most recent two votes.  And good luck catching up. 
When you get a chance though: why do you think DS voted the way he did on Zrk2 here?
Hmm... its kinda suspicious how you put Tiruin in the lead by switching your vote. Why did you switch?
Short answer: you showed up.  But in long: my reason for unvoting DS no longer applies
Griff: Compared to your reason on DS here, you unvoted because he requested a replacement or something else?
Pretty much.  More than that by requesting a replacement he is obviously no longer a threat until he gets replaced.  As such my vote on him is pointless as A) he can't be pressured into responding, B) is not able to give a defense for his actions, and C) isn't a threat unless replaced tomorrow.
Meaning my vote goes back to you as DS's replacement.

My vote had nothing to do with the pressure on Tiruin, and everything to do with someone more suspicious than Zrk2 to vote for.  Since you brought my attention to it though, why did you place your vote on Tiruin to force a tie (and put her in the lead, once someone changed their vote)?  Did you prep that question for whoever shifted off of Zrk2 first to deflect attention from you?

Speaking of, you may want to try and find some reason for DS's actions, as he was never able to even slightly account for many of his actions.  For example: I can't see a townie reason for voting in the fashion he did in the post I linked to.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: April 11, 2013, 02:35:25 pm »

Real mafia players use 50 posts per page and darkling theme.

I didn't vote to "force a tie" I voted because Tiruin was scummiest. I actually didn't notice the tie until this morning. Also no. Also also, I'm not going to bother trying to account for DS's actions because that would be wifom.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: April 11, 2013, 03:05:46 pm »

-snip-
Okay, I see what you mean.

Zrk2, explain your vote on RC.
At this point if you don't know why I'm voting for him that's your own damn fault. I've explained it at least five fucking times.
Ouch! Feeling a little tetchy, Zrk2?
No. I'm tired of being asked to repeat the same thing over and over again. Is there any other reason you are voting for me, or is it just for being "tetchy?"
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: April 11, 2013, 03:12:20 pm »

Zrk2
No. I'm tired of being asked to repeat the same thing over and over again. Is there any other reason you are voting for me, or is it just for being "tetchy?"
Mostly the grumpiness, but I can certainly empathise that having to repeat yourself can be tiresome. However, being unwilling to press your case at all times doesn't speak very well for your case. (Uh, but this isn't a lynch vote yet.)

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: April 11, 2013, 03:24:18 pm »

Zombie Urist:
What is your preferred manner for shortening your name?

Real mafia players use 50 posts per page and darkling theme.
Real mafia players also use forum default length if they prefer.  Darkling theme is mandatory though.  Also agreed: 400 posts is a lot.

I didn't vote to "force a tie" I voted because Tiruin was scummiest. I actually didn't notice the tie until this morning.
So your vote is not a pressure vote (as you seem to not really care what she says from here on out), but rather a lynch vote?  You seem awfully sure for someone who hasn't read the entire game; and is basing their vote off of a skim of less than a quarter of the day.

I'm not going to bother trying to account for DS's actions because that would be wifom.
I'm only asking for your explanation to see if you're viewing his play in a similar light to me.  It's only wifom if I decide to read it as you knowing what his actions were.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: April 11, 2013, 03:25:22 pm »

PFP

Jeez, this is reply #500 (PPE: 501) and we're in freakin' Day 1.

I'm not trying to be a tool, but I'm really crushed for time and I don't want to go up for replacement when there's already someone wanting out. Could someone put together the cases on the leading lynch candidates with a couple examples? I'm really sorry about this, but there's just no way I can do any real digging with work the way it is and the day ends soon.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: April 11, 2013, 03:38:00 pm »

PFP

Jeez, this is reply #500 (PPE: 501) and we're in freakin' Day 1.

I'm not trying to be a tool, but I'm really crushed for time and I don't want to go up for replacement when there's already someone wanting out. Could someone put together the cases on the leading lynch candidates with a couple examples? I'm really sorry about this, but there's just no way I can do any real digging with work the way it is and the day ends soon.
I know what you mean.  I'll try to put something together after my next class.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: April 11, 2013, 03:50:51 pm »

I suggest reading the posts of one player at a time.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: April 11, 2013, 04:11:25 pm »

Everyone:
Spoiler: Vote Count (click to show/hide)

The current vote leaders are NQT, Ford, Tiruin and UI.
UI has requested replacement and should be (according to my philosophy) policy ignored until replaced or he returns.

Before I begin my personal Biases are:
Ford: Leaning scum
NQT: Leaning town
Tiuin: Leaning town

Cases:
Ford:  Not answering questions, weak attacks.
NQT:  Suspicious play, and active lurking.
Tiruin: Not voting with pressure for a large number of posts early in the game and losing pressure, softballing questions.

Please note there are other cases which I'll post if I get the time, but these are the current vote leaders (which, considering how volatile the voting has been, may not be all that helpful).

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: April 11, 2013, 05:40:29 pm »

UI asked for replacement? How did i miss this? Unvote I need to check things over before i lay my final vote. 2 hours 20 minutes till lynch
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: April 11, 2013, 06:01:51 pm »

UI asked for replacement? How did i miss this? Unvote I need to check things over before i lay my final vote. 2 hours 20 minutes till lynch
3 hours from now is end of day.

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: April 11, 2013, 06:35:48 pm »

Final Cases:

Biases:
ZU: Scum Read
Ranger: Noob townie
Zrk: Pretty neutral read, just a lot of them on either side.

ZU: General DS scumminess including a possibly bandwagon, lynch voting without a solid read
Ranger: Sticking to a "No Lynch" policy despite much debate I think.
Zrk: Refusing to answer why he's still voting for ranger still

Feel free to disagree with any of these abbreviations of the cases currently active, they are all from my point of view, and quickly put together.

My vote will remain on Zombie Urist.  As I've class until just before the deadline I might not post again till the next morning.  Hope to see you all on then. May we lynch some scum tonight, may our protects out think the night kills and our role-blocks target those who would bring damage to our little party.  (No not Dakarian.  The scum.... You knew what I meant).

It was a fun day for me, even if it dragged on forever.  I love playing with you all, and hope to be in this sub-forum for a long time yet.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: [SIGN-UPS: 14 / ?] Magic Mafia - Periodic Sending of Elements
« Reply #508 on: April 11, 2013, 07:02:28 pm »

You all manage to waste more time. The sun is sneaking away over the horizon.

Vote Count
------------------------
Captain Ford - Toaster, Tiruin,
Griffionday -
Hapah -
notquitethere - The Soldier, Vector,
RangerCado - Zrk2,
The Soldier -
TheWetSheep -
Tiruin - TheWetSheep, zombie urist,
Toaster -
TolyK -
Urist Imiknorris - Hapah,
Vector -
zombie urist - Griffionday,
Zrk2 - notquitethere,
No Lynch -

Not Voting - TolyK, Urist Imiknorris, Captain Ford, RangerCado,

8 To Hammer. Day Ends Thursday at 9 PM Central.

Urist Imiknorris requires replacement.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: April 11, 2013, 07:43:40 pm »

FOS on everyone not voting.

I'd still rather see Ford hang, but since it looks like that's not happening, I'll break the tie with a Notquitethere vote. His scumhunting is weak to nonexistent, as I've said, and I think he's just killing time waiting for the day to end.  Scum NQT faffs about and pretends to hunt.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 93