Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93

Author Topic: Magic Mafia - Game Over!  (Read 217596 times)

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [SIGN-UPS: 9 / ?] Magic Mafia - Periodic Sending of Elements
« Reply #1350 on: May 15, 2013, 09:51:22 pm »

Maybe I should just work with 9 then. Sad. My game can't be quite as crazy if that's how it is.
This is what I was going off of.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia - Game Over!
« Reply #1351 on: May 15, 2013, 09:51:38 pm »

Interesting game!

Vector is lucky she converted me that night, because I action copped her- and that I had TolyK to act as an honorary mafioso.

Griff:  Those quotes were easy because they were real and totally true.  I was town when I said all that, and was indeed town until D4.  Vector didn't realize I had been lovered, either.

Also, you've got a bright future ahead of you here.  The only thing I'd say to you is listen more to your gut.  I was able to shake you every time you got on to me, including the last time when you were actually right.

Ranger/Sheep:  You're good players, but never give up like that.  Selfhammering as town is not going to accomplish anything. (To be fair, Ranger, Vector was about to move a vote over and hammer you anyway.)  Also, fakeclaiming an inspect like that is a bad idea.  Don't do it unless you're EXTREMELY sure it'll help the town.

There were clues from my play D4, mainly how I just completely ignored Vector D4.  Also, no one checked back to my earlier opinion of Ranger, where I (correctly) nailed him as town due to the way Zrk2 gave him an entirely unreasonable amount of crap for a minor mistake he made.

Web
:  Everyone else endgamed was town including NQT, right?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: May 15, 2013, 09:56:26 pm »

Also, I'd like to say Town Toaster did a great job getting two townies lynched.  Whoopsie.  At least I was right on Vector, who had been pinging my gut for quite some time.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: May 15, 2013, 09:57:28 pm »

I think not having a vote made me careless in the late game- normally I'd be scouring vote records and examing past interactions. Oh well, at least I stopped a night kill.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: May 15, 2013, 09:58:45 pm »

Vector got lucky on a lot of levels:

She was kill immune, which helps since two of the mafia's kills got redirected.

She had the most power on her team and a recruit, which helps since her two teammates bailed.

She recruited the action cop about to reveal her, who had a free teammate.

Though, it's mostly she got lucky that the unlucky bits were less obstructive than the lucky bits.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: May 15, 2013, 10:04:16 pm »

She was also lucky that half the town mislynched themselves. Hell, three quarters: if Ford hadn't unvoted, he probably would't have been lynched either.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: May 15, 2013, 10:30:28 pm »

What was up with the Ford->NQT connection?

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: May 15, 2013, 10:30:38 pm »

2 things. First: argh!!!!!!!!!!! Second: Was i honestly not going to be lynched? Seriously, it may have been stupid but all it was gonna take was one switched vote... granted i had the entire enemy voting me...

Good game guys and gals! No more suicides for me... dang, there isn't a facepalm face. See a lot of you in toon mafia.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: May 15, 2013, 10:55:09 pm »

Quote from: Ford in Deadchat
Did Toaster post drunk, as Vector implied? (Also why on earth did she call him "princess". Is he secretly female as I have suspected all this time?)

What

Quote from: Ford in Deadchat
Toaster is usually extremely level-headed and unflappable. I've never seen him post in all caps or with obvious typos before.

Glad I could amuse.  Also, grats to you and Griff for being the only one who figured out the lovers.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: May 15, 2013, 11:09:37 pm »

Wow. Can't believe it's over.

My opinion is that the town only caved in on itself because scum were so busy all the time. Can't pressure somebody who isn't around.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: May 15, 2013, 11:12:02 pm »

I'm too tired to read everything and actually understand what happened...but good game anyways. It was fun to play from the deadchat, and to give advice to Griff.

I totally called you guys as scum. Just saying.

Townie suicide is fun...
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: May 15, 2013, 11:24:08 pm »

Dude, you could have pressured me all you wanted and I would have answered.  I just didn't have time to do all the digging around I wanted to to build cases and things like that.

She was also lucky that half the town mislynched themselves. Hell, three quarters: if Ford hadn't unvoted, he probably would't have been lynched either.

I think that having had 2/3 of the scumteam modkilled more than makes up for that :I
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: May 15, 2013, 11:29:05 pm »

That's more of an embarrassment on our side because the MOD killed scum, and not us. :I

That, and you had a scumteam rallying ability, which killed us all when the lovers were revealed.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: May 15, 2013, 11:34:01 pm »

Interesting game!

Vector is lucky she converted me that night, because I action copped her- and that I had TolyK to act as an honorary mafioso.

Griff:  Those quotes were easy because they were real and totally true.  I was town when I said all that, and was indeed town until D4.  Vector didn't realize I had been lovered, either.

Also, you've got a bright future ahead of you here.  The only thing I'd say to you is listen more to your gut.  I was able to shake you every time you got on to me, including the last time when you were actually right.

Ranger/Sheep:  You're good players, but never give up like that.  Selfhammering as town is not going to accomplish anything. (To be fair, Ranger, Vector was about to move a vote over and hammer you anyway.)  Also, fakeclaiming an inspect like that is a bad idea.  Don't do it unless you're EXTREMELY sure it'll help the town.

There were clues from my play D4, mainly how I just completely ignored Vector D4.  Also, no one checked back to my earlier opinion of Ranger, where I (correctly) nailed him as town due to the way Zrk2 gave him an entirely unreasonable amount of crap for a minor mistake he made.

Web
:  Everyone else endgamed was town including NQT, right?
So lucky Vector. :P

Anyways, good game all! I was honestly very surprised when Toaster said he was scum now.
But Wuba! You forgot that NQT and Tiruin were poisoned, so they should've died anyways.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: May 15, 2013, 11:43:59 pm »

I didn't forget. Tiruin was hit with the poison. That's what the frying pan was for. Didn't you see the broken seal in the ending flavor?

Notquitethere was immune to the poison.
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93